Hypothetical question about the unforgivable sin.

If you knew that someone was going to blaspheme the Holy Spirit ONLY if you told them exactly how to commit it, will you tell them exactly how to do it? Why or why not? Explain your reasoning.
Of course not. Imagine leading someone to commit the only unforgivable sin. Imagine when we would have to answer for that should we lead them to sin.

Dear Via dolarossa I am also working constantly to understand scripture, this is not a false modesty but an honest confession.

When I read the posts by Major, crossnote, MM or bobinfaith, I realize I will need more than a mortal lifetime to reach their level of understanding.

The sin being discussed here in not agnosticism or even atheism, quite the opposite. These are forgivable because they are sins made in ignorance.

The unforgivable sin is being a true believer, a theist, of knowing God, the Son and the Holy Spirit and rejecting these gifts in full awareness. Think satan and the fallen angels for examples of what this entails.

As you mentioned:

19 And he said, “You who are treasured, do not be afraid. Peace beto you; take courage and be courageous!” …
Daniel 19:10, NASB
Thank you for the compliment. I am not worthy of such praise.

Now I do not argue or rebuke. I would however only point out to all that the only sin that God can not forgive (Unpardonable Sin) is the rejection of Jesus as Saviour. The saved man can reject God's gifts, still have an awareness of God and still be a child of God. IF...IF we are talking gifts such as preaching, or singing, or witnessing etc.

Now.....there is a teaching that says if you do not do what God tells you to do, He can and will go ahead and take you to heaven.
(Sin unto death"!)

However......the LOST man who has refused to accept Christ can not be forgiven of his choice or lack there of. He can not be pardoned!

If you knew that someone was going to blaspheme the Holy Spirit ONLY if you told them exactly how to commit it, will you tell them exactly how to do it? Why or why not? Explain your reasoning.

Hello Daniel1910;

Hypothetical question about the unforgivable sin sounds like your other thread, Did I commit the unforgivable sin or not?

In your Did I commit the unforgivable sin or not? you received some very good posts, however, you also mentioned blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

In each statement you feel God has abandoned you while seeking advice;

"The power of God has abandoned me." Or, "I lost conviction for sin and I feel like I am doomed forever. Is it too late?" Or, "I am stuck in dead religion with no repentance and a heart change and I feel like my heart is so hardened against God's mercy and forgiveness."

Daniel, you have your whole young life in front of you. Don't feel your sins are so unique that God has forsaken you. The Lord loves you abundantly as He does all of us and has sent you His servants to help you with very good sound answers.

God bless you, Daniel, and your whole family.

er NO

I don't think the OP is back to answer/respond.
Who would make anyone believe Jesus is operating by Satan's power? Maybe if you believed in a different Jesus than the one we know in the Bible?

Is the OP a mormon or part of another cult?

I don’t understand why anyone would ever say yes to this question.

OP, do you have an idea for why someone would say yes? Or was this more of a rhetorical question based on something you’ve experienced or observed?

Hello Daniel1910;

Hypothetical question about the unforgivable sin sounds like your other thread, Did I commit the unforgivable sin or not?

In your Did I commit the unforgivable sin or not? you received some very good posts, however, you also mentioned blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

"The power of God has abandoned me." Or, "I lost conviction for sin and I feel like I am doomed forever. Is it too late?" Or, "I am stuck in dead religion with no repentance and a heart change and I feel like my heart is so hardened against God's mercy and forgiveness."

Daniel, you have your whole young life in front of you. Don't feel your sins are so unique that God has forsaken you. The Lord loves you abundantly as He does all of us and has sent you His servants to help you with very good sound answers.

Excellent observation!

This does indeed sound like what has been hashed around a couple of times.

Hello Daniel1910;

You’re right, I forgot about that thread. It was the same OP?

That might actually explain why he created this thread. Poor guy is still struggling with guilt and fear for whatever it was he said or did and now might be trying to sort out why someone would tell him how to do it.

Which kind of brings up another question - if someone was conned/duped/coerced/tricked into saying something without realizing the gravity of what they were saying, is it still unforgivable? What if it’s an actor playing a part who has to say something blasphemous?

I believe God knows our heart. I think He knows if we were conned or tricked into saying something we don’t really believe or feel and will have grace and mercy upon us.

Edit - To be clear, I would decline any acting role or anything that would have me say something blasphemous. Not really trying to lump that in with the being tricked angle but it relates as far as saying something you don’t truly believe in your heart. But with the acting bit, you would still be knowingly saying something you know you shouldn’t so that would probably a much bigger no-no.

You’re right, I forgot about that thread. It was the same OP? That might actually explain why he created this thread. Poor guy is still struggling with guilt and fear for whatever it was he said or did and now might be trying to sort out why someone would tell him how to do it. Which kind of brings up another question - if someone was conned/duped/coerced/tricked into saying something without realizing the gravity of what they were saying, is it still unforgivable? What if it’s an actor playing a part who has to say something blasphemous? I believe God knows our heart. I think He knows if we were conned or tricked into saying something we don’t really believe or feel and will have grace and mercy upon us. Edit - To be clear, I would decline any acting role or anything that would have me say something blasphemous. Not really trying to lump that in with the being tricked angle but it relates as far as saying something you don’t truly believe in your heart. But with the acting bit, you would still be knowingly saying something you know you shouldn’t so that would probably a much bigger no-no.

Hello Skipper;

Yes, Daniel1910 is the same OP, or "original poster." We encourage any author who initiates a thread at Christian Forum Site to manage their topic so each participating member will receive a reply. Let's pray wherever Daniel is that he is alright, is being prayed for and will return.

The staff monitors all posts on a daily basis and follows up with members who may need contacting such as Daniel1910 in a case like this.

As far as your second question for those who are tricked or manipulated in blaspheming the Holy Spirit, I feel this would most likely happen to a new believer in Christ who strives to know but is deceived.

But as you posted "I believe God knows our heart."

I have to believe God empowers the disciplined Christian along with the prompting of spiritual discernment and wisdom to know and develop a loyal following and obedience to Jesus Christ.

God bless you, Skipper, your family and ministry.

Back