How do we get "Filled with the Spirit"?

The one thing I have noticed is, after I acknowledge a sin, and repent, I am protected fully and vouch never to do it again in Christ. I even got impressed with a scripture from Isiah 6,1;8 because I automatically sensed His Presence. it was terrifying and now I know what the Day of the Lord must have felt like.

But, when I am asking for something good, I feel shot at.

its almost like I feel unworthy, oh well, back to the scriptures😊

Gods Got This!

One that is filled with the Spirit will exhibit the fruit of the Spirit

Galatians 5:22-23 (NASB)
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

Just as there are many attributes to an apple ( juicy, contains seeds, provides nourishment, tastes wonderful, etc ) Galatians enumerates 9 attributes of a single fruit that is produced by a life that is filled with the Spirit. These are not necessarily the only attributes, but each should be reflected in some manner by a devoted Christian.

Each attribute can be developed thru practice, just as a muscle becomes stronger by exercising.

But note that the enemy will offer counterfeit versions (e.g. counterfeit joy) and/or try to convince you that one or more is unimportant (e.g. self Control). Examine who is being glorified. If it is not the Lord, examine very closely before being fooled.

Examine who is being glorified.
Amen.

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. (Joh 16:13-14)

Right, he was sinless, we aren't, nor is the one who baptizes us.
What you don't think Jesus or the Holy Spirit is sinless??? It's God who's really the one baptizing us. God just uses believers as his agents of baptizing eg, instructing us to do it. We are not the water or the spirit. That needs to get over us and saturating us and IN us. That is why we are immersed.

😳 ok something isn't right here...maybe you need to read your Bible again.

How can you stand a chance against sin when you don't have the Holy Spirit?! Do you think believers do everything on their own effort? Would be a terribly hard religion to follow if Christianity was like that.

What you don't think Jesus or the Holy Spirit is sinless??? It's God who's really the one baptizing us. God just uses believers as his agents of baptizing eg, instructing us to do it. We are not the water or the spirit. That needs to get over us and saturating us and IN us. That is why we are immersed.

How can you stand a chance against sin when you don't have the Holy Spirit?! Do you think believers do everything on their own effort? Would be a terribly hard religion to follow if Christianity was like that.
Whoa. Did I ever say Jesus or the Holy Spirit had sin? I was referring to the man who baptizes us as the one who had sin. (Even the Scriptures mention John as baptizing (Jn 3:23), but no mention of him breathing on those dunked.
I need to read my Bible again? Agreed, we all should...and again and again.
No I don't stand a chance against sin without the Holy Spirit, did I ever say I did? No believers can't do any thing apart from Jesus. (Jn 15:5.)
I see baptism in the Spirit as being immersed in Jesus' life, death and resurrection. (Rom 6:3-5.)

your digging your self in deeper when Jesus breathed on the those in the upper room is found in John.. no man can blow on a person they get the Holy Ghost . we are given the Holy Ghost the moment were saved. the Holyghost can not sin . Jesus read 2nd Corinthians 5:21 he became sin ( sin offering) WHO KNEW NO SIN.
what does glorified even mean?

All I can see right now is I can tell that I am not the one who is feeling magnificent if that’s what you mean?

But I can sense a magnificence…

Do you follow?
Jesus glorified his Holy being was magnified

sense a magnificence…

that pretty much says it all

what does glorified even mean?

All I can see right now is I can tell that I am not the one who is feeling magnificent if that’s what you mean?

But I can sense a magnificence…

Do you follow?

Glorified means that we will be changed before we get to heaven.....We will be changed (Glorified) in the we will receive a body just like Jesus has now. Glorification will take place at the Rapure.

1 Corinthians 15:52 (ESV)
"in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed."

your digging your self in deeper when Jesus breathed on the those in the upper room is found in John.. no man can blow on a person they get the Holy Ghost . we are given the Holy Ghost the moment were saved. the Holyghost can not sin . Jesus read 2nd Corinthians 5:21 he became sin ( sin offering) WHO KNEW NO SIN.

that pretty much says it all

Agredd!

Whoa. Did I ever say Jesus or the Holy Spirit had sin? I was referring to the man who baptizes us as the one who had sin. (Even the Scriptures mention John as baptizing (Jn 3:23), but no mention of him breathing on those dunked.
I need to read my Bible again? Agreed, we all should...and again and again.
No I don't stand a chance against sin without the Holy Spirit, did I ever say I did? No believers can't do any thing apart from Jesus. (Jn 15:5.)
I see baptism in the Spirit as being immersed in Jesus' life, death and resurrection. (Rom 6:3-5.)

Excellent response!!!!

It was an insult to you and Personally.......and I make it as a "suggestion", - delete post #29 completely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back