How do we get "Filled with the Spirit"?

Via dolarossa

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Secretary
I dont think I have been "filled with the Spirit" before...

I dont know what to look for, maybe I have but surely, I wouldn't be asking if I absolutely knew.

not sure what to look for, or what it looks like. I doubt its a feeling, if it was, wouldn't I have been filled with the Spirit after my breakfast this morning?, because that felt good.

i'm thinking it is Faith, belief, but I can't be 100 percent sure.

I dont know what to look for, maybe I have but surely, I wouldn't be asking if I absolutely knew.

not sure what to look for, or what it looks like. I doubt its a feeling, if it was, wouldn't I have been filled with the Spirit after my breakfast this morning?, because that felt good.

1st of all....."believe upon the Lord Jesus Christ".

When that is done the Holy Spirit of God comes to live IN you and through you.

So how then shall we get (filled) with the Spirit? Drink it! Lots of it.

Paul said in 1sr Corth. 12:13, “We were all . . . made to drink of one Spirit.”

Jesus said in John 7:37-39........
“If anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’” Then John writes, “Now this he said about the Spirit.”

How can you drink the Spirit? Paul said, in Romans 8:5........
“Those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit”.

We drink the Spirit by setting our minds on the things of the Spirit. What does “setting the mind on” mean?

Colossians 3:1-2 says.........
Seek the things that are above. . . . Set your minds on things that are above.”

“Setting the mind on” means seeking, directing your attention toward, being very concerned about, being devoted to and taken up with. So drinking the Spirit means seeking the things of the Spirit, directing your attention to the things of the Spirit, being devoted to the things of the Spirit.

Setting the mind on” means seeking, directing your attention toward, being very concerned about, being devoted to and taken up with. So drinking the Spirit means seeking the things of the Spirit, directing your attention to the things of the Spirit, being devoted to the things of the Spirit

1 Cor. 2;11
For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

now, Major, either you supplied me a paradox, or I leave my question in the hands of The Spirit. Because the way I see it is, He must be the One who does the Filling.

Ah, now I understand The Kingdom of God now😇

He had me blinded because I was sinning and didn't realise☹️

thank you once again😊

Hello everyone;

Can I give a personal testimony of getting "filled with the Spirit?"

This year I have been reflecting on my whole life and many times I remember reacting and speaking many many times, and less of receiving before I speak. It got me into alot of trouble and damaged relationships.

In John 6:35, 35 Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever
believes in me shall never thirst.

In my belief of Jesus Christ I can be filled with the Spirit by having a right relationship with Him. This also means in my relationship I can boldly ask Him anything.

In 2022 I asked the Lord to help me receive before I speak while seeing the bigger picture in the circumstances instead of just reacting and speaking without thinking.

The Lord is faithful and I have been coming along but still need to stay focused.

God bless you all.

1 Cor. 2;11
For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

now, Major, either you supplied me a paradox, or I leave my question in the hands of The Spirit. Because the way I see it is, He must be the One who does the Filling.

thank you once again😊

I live serve!;)

Nothing means more to old people than to have someone tell them that that were needed!!!!!!!!

Thanks my dear sister!

How do we get "Filled with the Spirit"? its not a one time thing one you all ready have the holy spirit in you​

Ephesians 5:18​

“And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;” when drunk were under the influence of the alcohol . when filled with the spirit were controlled led by the spirit . the spirit and the word works together. as we grow and read and pray we gt more of the spirit in knowledge ..
A Still Small Voice

And, behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the Lord; but the Lord was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the Lord was not in the earthquake: and after the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.—1 Kings 19:11-12. a suggestion read every thing you can on the holy spirit john 15 and 16 is good place

I recently heard MacArthur on this very topic and something he said actually 'stuck' lol.
He explained that the filling of the Spirit isn't a static filling, like you would fill up a glass of water, but rather
it is dynamic (living and continuous) like sails being filled and carried by the wind.
Hope that helps someone a bit? :unsure:

Its when you ask the Lord to have his Holy Spirit to be in control over your life, to make your decisions and deed, and words conforming to now being a new creation in Christ Jesus!
Its basically submitting to the influence and control of the Holy Spirit, like when he convicts you to say or do something, or convicts you to confess sins, you then just do it!

1st of all....."believe upon the Lord Jesus Christ".

When that is done the Holy Spirit of God comes to live IN you and through you.

So how then shall we get (filled) with the Spirit? Drink it! Lots of it.

Paul said in 1sr Corth. 12:13, “We were all . . . made to drink of one Spirit.”

Jesus said in John 7:37-39........
“If anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’” Then John writes, “Now this he said about the Spirit.”

How can you drink the Spirit? Paul said, in Romans 8:5........
“Those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit”.

We drink the Spirit by setting our minds on the things of the Spirit. What does “setting the mind on” mean?

Colossians 3:1-2 says.........
Seek the things that are above. . . . Set your minds on things that are above.”

“Setting the mind on” means seeking, directing your attention toward, being very concerned about, being devoted to and taken up with. So drinking the Spirit means seeking the things of the Spirit, directing your attention to the things of the Spirit, being devoted to the things of the Spirit.
Its basically submitting g ourselves as living sacrifices unto the Holy Spirit, having him lead and direct us, and to listen to him and obey Him when he convicts us of our sins, or when he persuading us to say or do something!
Romans 12:1-2

1 Cor. 2;11

thank you once again😊
He seals and indwells us forever, but His infilling is moment by moment, for whenever we sin by thoughts or words or deeds, no longer infilled, but when we repent and confess, refilled again!

Hello everyone;

Can I give a personal testimony of getting "filled with the Spirit?"

This year I have been reflecting on my whole life and many times I remember reacting and speaking many many times, and less of receiving before I speak. It got me into alot of trouble and damaged relationships.

In John 6:35, 35 Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever
believes in me shall never thirst.

In my belief of Jesus Christ I can be filled with the Spirit by having a right relationship with Him. This also means in my relationship I can boldly ask Him anything.

In 2022 I asked the Lord to help me receive before I speak while seeing the bigger picture in the circumstances instead of just reacting and speaking without thinking.

The Lord is faithful and I have been coming along but still need to stay focused.

God bless you all.
Its submitting our will to the Holy Spirit, and allowing him to now "call the shots"

I recently heard MacArthur on this very topic and something he said actually 'stuck' lol.
He explained that the filling of the Spirit isn't a static filling, like you would fill up a glass of water, but rather
it is dynamic (living and continuous) like sails being filled and carried by the wind.
Hope that helps someone a bit? :unsure:
Its by and thru faith, and believing what the scriptures state about the Holy Spirit and his working in and thru us now once saved!

If you've been baptised, what should happen is you get filled with the holy spirit.
Ask God if you not sure. Sometimes, the person baptising you breathes on you. This breath is the breath of the holy spirit, although it can happen in other ways.

The other thing that happens is, you may speak in an unknown tongue. But PM me about that because for some that's a bit strange. But all it is is praising God in another language.

I saw Donny Swaggart on TV. He and his helpers prayed and layed hands on people and they all started talking tongues due to a filling of the Spirit. You can take that for what its worth. ;)

i give ya 2 cents that is being generous emotions playa big part in all that
Yeah and I also so Swaggart start mumbling during a sermon. I myself have felt the spirit move. Strongest I remember was A Maundy Thursday at church. My youngest girl and my sister both speak tongues in their churches. Me? Im very skeptical.

Yeah and I also so Swaggart start mumbling during a sermon. I myself have felt the spirit move. Strongest I remember was A Maundy Thursday at church. My youngest girl and my sister both speak tongues in their churches. Me? Im very skeptical.
being filled with the spirit is not speaking in tongues

Back