Grafted In? Huh? What Does That Mean?

Not applicable? Major It seems many mainline Christian denominations are of the opinion that there is no need to preach the gospels of Jesus unto the Jewish ones any more because they are under a different plan and different dispensation with God. So it is happening before our very eyes. It’s applicable all right

I do not know of any main line CHRISTIAN church that does not believe in preaching the gospel!!!
Jesus, as the Christ died so that ALL men could be saved. However, salvation is only by faith in Christ.

There is NO other plan and NO other dispensation!!!!

The Jews are under the same plan as everyone else.......Faith in Christ plus nothing!

There are some Cults that believe that and there are so heretics that do but those are not in any way doctrinal Christians!

What did God actually say in Mark 16:15........
"He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation."

Last edited:
You said............
"Where does it mention 144000 Jews evangelising the entire world. It doesn’t."

When we read the Scriptures with CONTEXT in our minds we see that their mission seems to be to evangelize the post-rapture world and proclaim the gospel during the tribulation period.

Rev. 7:9 .....
"After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands,".

"AFTER THIS" means the events in verses 1-6. Then we see in verse #7 a great revival takes place. The ONLY interpretation that is acceptable is that the 144 K are the ones who do the evangelizing!

As a result of their ministry, millions—“a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language” ( Rev. 7:9)—will come to faith in Christ.
You said............
" I have my reward. The greatest reward I ever received was from HIM that first loved us whilst we were sinners."

My dear sister.....you have totally misunderstood the meaning.

When Jesus died to pay for YOUR sins because He loved you, that was the Gift of mercy and was given to you as a gift of His grace!

The "REWARD" MM spoke of is different than that.

When YOU stand before Christ at the Judgment Seat of Christ your service to Him will be evaluated and then you will be rewarded with a Crown or Crowns.
These crowns include:
  • A crown that will last forever for those who have kept their sinful nature in check
  • A crown of righteousness for those who have longed for Christ's appearance
  • A crown of life for those who have endured testing successfully, even to the point of death
  • A crown of rejoicing for those who have seen souls saved
  • A crown of glory for those who have served Gods people

Prim the 144,000 are mentioned in the book of Revelation. They are a kind of first fruits because they are the first after the rapture of the church to believe and accept Jesus as their savior and lord and after they are sealed by God they will then go and share this with all that remain on the earth. There are 12,000 from each of the 12 tribes of Israel.
As for Jew and Greek, I think the separation is from where they came, for once we are grafted into the true vine of Christ we are then His and are no longer what we were, but, rather something altogether new. We see another separation between those who were raptured and the tribulation saints who come to salvation after. This is the crowns or rewards that are given.
Agree brother!

The 144,000 are called first fruits because they are the earliest part of the harvest of those who are redeemed out of Israel after the Church has been completed.

They are described as "first fruits to God and to the Lamb in Rev. 14:4.

This Does NOT mean that they have a special status above any other saved person, but rather that they are dedicated to Christ and representing all Christians.

MM when thinking upon your words of ( when we take unrelated portions of imagery within scripture and stir it up into a indistinguishable mass of goo than it lacks the distinctiveness for understanding. MM do you think I’m doing that? firstly I agreed with you in that Christ is the true vine. No people’s can have eternal life whether they be from the natural or wild branch if they not be connected to the vine of Christ.. it was not me that brought the 144000 into the discussion to add to the goo mix that you mentioned. I don’t make goo by the way. I’m a rather good cook : )

Rather than for me to belabor the point, as I recall, your post threw in elements that were not directly relatable to the thrust of your writing, but that also may be my own lack of understanding as to your meaning for the use of those elements. So, we continue...

You say Jews must believe Jesus Christ but not Christianity ? MM that is general term that that believers have gone under since the book of acts . We were known by others names such as Brethren, disciples, the way, Saints. But seems that Christos won the day. We Kinda of liked the term and how it was used to mock followers of the Jesus. We happily accepted the name as a badge of honour. so as Christians we did became predominantly known.

I didn't say that they don't have to believe Christianity. For me, there is no replacement of Christ, the Person, in naming because there are so many people throughout history and today who are Hell-bound, and yet call themselves "Christians." So, that term "Christian" doesn't seem to have a solid, universally understood meaning since it means so many different things to so many different people. The Greek from which translations render it "Church" is Ecclesia, which means "called out ones," which we don't refer to ourselves as, especially since that doesn't point directly to Christ Jesus as the One who is doing the calling. There are people in Central America who sacrifice chickens to their ancient ancestors, but who are also in good standing with the Vatican as "good, faithful Christians," and therefore among the finest of Roman Catholics. There are also ancestral traditions in Spain, practiced by Roman Catholics there, all with the approval of the leadership in the Vatican, and NOW we see what the current Pope is endorsing and blessing...

So, referring to "Christian" is an English word that has taken on such a convoluted set of definitions amongst different people that I no longer use it to try and define something specific, which is the one TRUE faith in Christ Jesus.

MM you say the early church became Messianic Jews. Are you sure I can’t find that term in early church history. Actually it be a very modern term introduced in the early 60’s and 70’s with groups such as Jews for Jesus. There be many different branch’s of these Messianic Jews, they have a very popular and strong following today. But from what I have read the early Christians were not known by that name .

Yes, Prin90, I agree that it is a modern term, but the grouping to which it points are the same as those in Jerusalem in the first century Church in that region. They were once Orthodox Jews who became followers of Christ. Yes, they were zealous for the Law, but that doesn't mean they believed in the sacrificial elements any longer, but rather continued to follow the festivals and observances and Shabbat, which is fine. Any Gentile can also become a partaker of those observances. The problem arises when they teach that ALL Gentiles must perform those same observances and follow the ordinances. That is an entirely different discussion, however.

You ask do I bring up Judaism. Absolutely. Yes. MM how could one not not bring up Judaism? For it be a very doctrinal matter and also a eschatology matter .

Judaism rejects eschatology as laid out in the prophets and Revelation. Their rabbis are trained to ignore this:

Zechariah 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for [his] only [son], and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for [his] firstborn.

They will tell you that they have no comment, and walk away, just as they are trained to do, so their take on these things clearly is of no value to any discussion in eschatology. They also avoid Isaiah 53 like the plague. So, my Judeo brothers, and their religion, have nothing of any value to contribute to the discussion.

Whilst they may be spiritually dead Judaism is alive and well their ferocious animosity towards Jesus and Christians has never changed from the time they used to hunt Christians down like wild animals all through the book of Acts. MM Rome isn’t the only place that the blood the Saints crieth out.

Very true indeed.

As to the word distinction the meaning Is extremely flexible and I’m uncomfortable with it. Class and race distinction does come to mind as a possibility and this is.what concerns me greatly in setting Jew and gentile into two different categories. Christ destroyed the wall of partition for Jew and Gentile alike. The reason we are all now called the Israel of God and belong to God.

In some respects, yes, you are correct. However, ethnic Israel, as I had said before, shall still play a role in the very end times era. The scriptures bear this out in what I quoted above from Zecheriah.

MM

Rather than for me to belabor the point, as I recall, your post threw in elements that were not directly relatable to the thrust of your writing, but that also may be my own lack of understanding as to your meaning for the use of those elements. So, we continue...

I didn't say that they don't have to believe Christianity. For me, there is no replacement of Christ, the Person, in naming because there are so many people throughout history and today who are Hell-bound, and yet call themselves "Christians." So, that term "Christian" doesn't seem to have a solid, universally understood meaning since it means so many different things to so many different people. The Greek from which translations render it "Church" is Ecclesia, which means "called out ones," which we don't refer to ourselves as, especially since that doesn't point directly to Christ Jesus as the One who is doing the calling. There are people in Central America who sacrifice chickens to their ancient ancestors, but who are also in good standing with the Vatican as "good, faithful Christians," and therefore among the finest of Roman Catholics. There are also ancestral traditions in Spain, practiced by Roman Catholics there, all with the approval of the leadership in the Vatican, and NOW we see what the current Pope is endorsing and blessing...

So, referring to "Christian" is an English word that has taken on such a convoluted set of definitions amongst different people that I no longer use it to try and define something specific, which is the one TRUE faith in Christ Jesus.

Yes, Prin90, I agree that it is a modern term, but the grouping to which it points are the same as those in Jerusalem in the first century Church in that region. They were once Orthodox Jews who became followers of Christ. Yes, they were zealous for the Law, but that doesn't mean they believed in the sacrificial elements any longer, but rather continued to follow the festivals and observances and Shabbat, which is fine. Any Gentile can also become a partaker of those observances. The problem arises when they teach that ALL Gentiles must perform those same observances and follow the ordinances. That is an entirely different discussion, however.

Judaism rejects eschatology as laid out in the prophets and Revelation. Their rabbis are trained to ignore this:

Zechariah 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for [his] only [son], and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for [his] firstborn.

They will tell you that they have no comment, and walk away, just as they are trained to do, so their take on these things clearly is of no value to any discussion in eschatology. They also avoid Isaiah 53 like the plague. So, my Judeo brothers, and their religion, have nothing of any value to contribute to the discussion.

Very true indeed.

In some respects, yes, you are correct. However, ethnic Israel, as I had said before, shall still play a role in the very end times era. The scriptures bear this out in what I quoted above from Zecheriah.

MM
You said.............
"In some respects, yes, you are correct. However, ethnic Israel, as I had said before, shall still play a role in the very end times era. The scriptures bear this out in what I quoted above from Zecheriah."

Now a question............Do you have an opinion as to why Prime90 would argue this Biblical point with you.

Isn't it Biblically clear that Israel is a linchpin to the events of the last days, when, after the Rapture, a coterie of 144,000 Jews are to be converted to Christ and become the igniters of a global revival among the Jews????

Prim the 144,000 are mentioned in the book of Revelation. They are a kind of first fruits because they are the first after the rapture of the church to believe and accept Jesus as their savior and lord and after they are sealed by God they will then go and share this with all that remain on the earth. There are 12,000 from each of the 12 tribes of Israel.
As for Jew and Greek, I think the separation is from where they came, for once we are grafted into the true vine of Christ we are then His and are no longer what we were, but, rather something altogether new. We see another separation between those who were raptured and the tribulation saints who come to salvation after. This is the crowns or rewards that are given.
Dave when we consider the first fruits. The term in the Old Testament was designated to the First gathering of the crop which were presented to the Lord. ( Exodus:23:19 Lev 2:14 and Nehemiah 10:35 etc ) In the New Testament Christ who was the FIRST that should rise from the dead to immortality. Acts 26:23 is also called the FIRSTFRUITS of them that slept 1st Cor 15:20 And the converts that Paul made in Archaia were called FIRSTFRUITS too 1st Cor 16:15.. EE98B4EB-AEE2-48E8-968A-69D2CD3EED2D.jpeg But Dave who were the first converts. There can be no mistake. The first converts were were from Israel which composed the early church of the 1st century. These were the FIRSTFRUITS of the LAMB. They be the first converts to Christ symbolised as the 144000. This fits historically as the FiRST FRUIT of the LAMB. Remember also that the gospel was always presented to the Iew first than the gentile . You must remember also that actual 12 tribes were around at that time of writing and who were known by the early church in that era. But if you choose to go with the dispensationalism theories of Darby, Schofield and Clarence Larkin and claim it as the first fruits of a new dispensation you are free to do so . But do remember it is only theory and assumption that dispensationalism is based on. I was you the pleasant day . Prim

You said.............
"In some respects, yes, you are correct. However, ethnic Israel, as I had said before, shall still play a role in the very end times era. The scriptures bear this out in what I quoted above from Zecheriah."

Now a question............Do you have an opinion as to why Prime90 would argue this Biblical point with you.

Isn't it Biblically clear that Israel is a linchpin to the events of the last days, when, after the Rapture, a coterie of 144,000 Jews are to be converted to Christ and become the igniters of a global revival among the Jews????

I'm not entirely clear on her beliefs about them other than to say that she has suggested that they may not be as we understand...and that's fine. Folks can believe what they wish. Many people struggle with what is allegorical and what to take literally. I too struggled with those aspects of scripture and prophecy until I finally began to accept that the Lord is the only reliable Source for understanding.

MM

You said............
" I have my reward. The greatest reward I ever received was from HIM that first loved us whilst we were sinners."

My dear sister.....you have totally misunderstood the meaning.

When Jesus died to pay for YOUR sins because He loved you, that was the Gift of mercy and was given to you as a gift of His grace!

The "REWARD" MM spoke of is different than that.

When YOU stand before Christ at the Judgment Seat of Christ your service to Him will be evaluated and then you will be rewarded with a Crown or Crowns.
These crowns include:
  • A crown that will last forever for those who have kept their sinful nature in check
  • A crown of righteousness for those who have longed for Christ's appearance
  • A crown of life for those who have endured testing successfully, even to the point of death
  • A crown of rejoicing for those who have seen souls saved
  • A crown of glory for those who have served Gods people
Major as to those crowns you mention . Yes they are there . But you forgot to mention the best part of what the 24 elders do with their crowns. They cast their crowns before the Lord Revelations 4:10. I’m sure like the 24 elders everyone will be doing much the same thing when looking on in awe at the majestic presence and beauty of our Lord . Yes I understood what MM meant but is it really crowns and rewards that we seek. We be all there for a reason . To him who first lived us ❤️

Very true indeed.

MM
MM point taken. But tell me this. Even if some be Christian in name only. How does changing to a different name change ones outlook towards a closer relationship. But let’s say we did change our name to the Messianics or the Called out Ones or even maybe the penguins : ) How many decades before those group names would be in name only for some. It would be like a revolving merry go round of name changing which would not solve anything.of the proposed dilemma you think upon. 0D4FCAB0-70C8-4B92-851F-3713B8DAF056.jpeg As to the the modern term Messianic Jews. Yes I can understand that term being more successful in witnessing to Jews of such organisations that go under that name. For they seem to have much success than the established . The established church has never really had much success converting Jews away from Judaism over the Millenia even with all our churches, schools and hospitals located in the Holy Land. But when I think upon a universal audience MM I do think much wiser to use the term Christian for we are all one in Christ and that is what we are called from and after the book of Acts 0D4FCAB0-70C8-4B92-851F-3713B8DAF056.jpegMM you say Judaism and Rabbi rejects eschatology from the Torah. Me not quite grasp what you mean. I know it not their final authority in all things for many they have the Babylonian Talmud & Jerusalem Talmud and the Zoar which May override the Torah. But Surely there must be some Rabbi that hold to Torah. As to some Jewish practices. Yes some remain popular amongst the Christian nations such as the circumcision. As to Revelations many do shy away from it simply because of the multitude of interpretations. Some things were never be agreed upon I guess. At least until we arrive heaven : ) But there is always the promise of a extra blessing for those who read Revelations in the books very first chapter for those who do. May we continue to enjoy its blessings. MM may we all continue to enjoy the blessings it bestows upon us . Prim 👩🏻‍🔧

Last edited:
I do not know of any main line CHRISTIAN church that does not believe in preaching the gospel!!!
Jesus, as the Christ died so that ALL men could be saved. However, salvation is only by faith in Christ.

There is NO other plan and NO other dispensation!!!!

The Jews are under the same plan as everyone else.......Faith in Christ plus nothing!

There are some Cults that believe that and there are so heretics that do but those are not in any way doctrinal Christians!

What did God actually say in Mark 16:15........
"He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation."
Major the belief is known as Dual Covenant theology. It teaches that the Jewish people have a seperate path to the God through the Mosaic & Abrahamic covenants. Regards Prim

Dave when we consider the first fruits. The term in the Old Testament was designated to the First gathering of the crop which were presented to the Lord. ( Exodus:23:19 Lev 2:14 and Nehemiah 10:35 etc ) In the New Testament Christ who was the FIRST that should rise from the dead to immortality. Acts 26:23 is also called the FIRSTFRUITS of them that slept 1st Cor 15:20 And the converts that Paul made in Archaia were called FIRSTFRUITS too 1st Cor 16:15.. View attachment 10407 But Dave who were the first converts. There can be no mistake. The first converts were were from Israel which composed the early church of the 1st century. These were the FIRSTFRUITS of the LAMB. They be the first converts to Christ symbolised as the 144000. This fits historically as the FiRST FRUIT of the LAMB. Remember also that the gospel was always presented to the Iew first than the gentile . You must remember also that actual 12 tribes were around at that time of writing and who were known by the early church in that era. But if you choose to go with the dispensationalism theories of Darby, Schofield and Clarence Larkin and claim it as the first fruits of a new dispensation you are free to do so . But do remember it is only theory and assumption that dispensationalism is based on. I was you the pleasant day . Prim
Prim, What do you think Revelation 14:4 means when it calls the 144,000 first fruits? I have given you my belief that they are the first in the tribulation to accept Jesus as Lord and Savior. It seems to me that you are having trouble with the term first fruits, and I have met some who prefer to call them the gleanings as they are among the last to receive salvation. However it is the bible that calls them first fruits as though it is from another harvest.

Major the belief is known as Dual Covenant theology. It teaches that the Jewish people have a seperate path to the God through the Mosaic & Abrahamic covenants. Regards Prim
I am aware of the name....thanks. I said I do not KNOW of any main line "Christian Church" that teaches such as heresy.

It is a totally false teaching which has it roots in Judiasm. There’s no place in dispensationalism for a means of salvation that doesn’t include Jesus, no matter who it’s for, so dispensationalism is incompatible with dual covenant theology.!!!!

Major as to those crowns you mention . Yes they are there . But you forgot to mention the best part of what the 24 elders do with their crowns. They cast their crowns before the Lord Revelations 4:10. I’m sure like the 24 elders everyone will be doing much the same thing when looking on in awe at the majestic presence and beauty of our Lord . Yes I understood what MM meant but is it really crowns and rewards that we seek. We be all there for a reason . To him who first lived us ❤️
You again missed the point!!!

YOU said that the best "REWARD" you ever received was Jesus saving you!

The point I was makeing to you is that salvation IS NOT a "Reward" but is the gift of God.

The Rewards mentioned in the Bible are those things we DO after we are saved in which Jesus will "Reward" us with at the GWTJ!

I am aware of the name....thanks. I said I do not KNOW of any main line "Christian Church" that teaches such as heresy.

It is a totally false teaching which has it roots in Judiasm. There’s no place in dispensationalism for a means of salvation that doesn’t include Jesus, no matter who it’s for, so dispensationalism is incompatible with dual covenant theology.!!!!
Major that would be the largest domination in Christianity the Roman Catholic Church that states this going back to 2015. The Vatican Announced the declaration which reads Jews can secure eternal salvation without converting to Christianity And that the church should not seek to convert Jews to Christianity. The document released by the Vatican’s committee of religious relations with Jews not only effectively says that Jews can be saved independently without Jesus. But also that Israel and the church have a common shared patrimony together.. you can find the full article in the ( times of Israel ) 2015 December edition

You again missed the point!!!

YOU said that the best "REWARD" you ever received was Jesus saving you!

The point I was makeing to you is that salvation IS NOT a "Reward" but is the gift of God.

The Rewards mentioned in the Bible are those things we DO after we are saved in which Jesus will "Reward" us with at the GWTJ!
Major Yes you right. My word choosing was wrong. A REWARD is something earned. A Gift is something given freely . Our salvation is given freely and not earned

Major that would be the largest domination in Christianity the Roman Catholic Church that states this going back to 2015. The Vatican Announced the declaration which reads Jews can secure eternal salvation without converting to Christianity And that the church should not seek to convert Jews to Christianity. The document released by the Vatican’s committee of religious relations with Jews not only effectively says that Jews can be saved independently without Jesus. But also that Israel and the church have a common shared patrimony together.. you can find the full article in the ( times of Israel ) 2015 December edition
The document you are talking about is from the Catholic church and is aimed AT the Catholic church and it is very ambiguous.

In essence, doesn't the Pope say that Jews can secure eternal salvation without converting to the "Catholic" faith.

The document went on to say that while Christians remain called to “bear witness to their faith in Jesus Christ,” to all people, speaking to Jews about their faith should be done in a “humble and sensitive manner,” particularly in light of the Holocaust.

“A Christian can never be an anti-Semite, especially because of the Jewish roots of Christianity,” the document said, quoting Pope Francis. It further pledged to “do all that is possible with our Jewish friends to repel anti-Semitic tendencies.”

Prim, What do you think Revelation 14:4 means when it calls the 144,000 first fruits? I have given you my belief that they are the first in the tribulation to accept Jesus as Lord and Savior. It seems to me that you are having trouble with the term first fruits, and I have met some who prefer to call them the gleanings as they are among the last to receive salvation. However it is the bible that calls them first fruits as though it is from another harvest.
Your belief is correct brother.

Dave the gleanings you mention does remind me very much of the book of Ruth with Ruth gleaning the left overs from the harvest in the. field. But is leftover gleanings what the scripture infers of the first fruits here ? Dave there be number of interpretations you have the futurist view, the Preterist view and the historical view there is also be double prophecy to evaluate and you could also add a partial fulfilment and unfulfilled view point of Revelation too. As MM wisely said you must evaluate all sides of the dice wisely be it historically or futuristic or any other viewpoint . Regard Prim

The document you are talking about is from the Catholic church and is aimed AT the Catholic church and it is very ambiguous.

In essence, doesn't the Pope say that Jews can secure eternal salvation without converting to the "Catholic" faith.

The document went on to say that while Christians remain called to “bear witness to their faith in Jesus Christ,” to all people, speaking to Jews about their faith should be done in a “humble and sensitive manner,” particularly in light of the Holocaust.

“A Christian can never be an anti-Semite, especially because of the Jewish roots of Christianity,” the document said, quoting Pope Francis. It further pledged to “do all that is possible with our Jewish friends to repel anti-Semitic tendencies.”
Those things you mention are in there as well but so is all that I quoted to you about dual covenant belief. So In essence no that is not all that was insinuated about merely the persecutions of Jews by the church from bygone eras and forced conversions The article clearly states that Jews can be saved independently of Jesus. As with everything else I mentioned in post 54

Back