Godly Miracles, Signs, And Wonders

In no way, but it is the strength of sin and produces sinful lust in all those who are under the yoke of legalism. Those in these legalist groups are always the most sinful of people. They hide it just as the Pharisee, yet in the dark places they are very wicked, even beyond the heathen. Any who "claims" they are living by the law is really not alive at all, but they are consumed in wickedness, hypocrisy and every sort of evil.

I think I understand what you're saying.
Now, the Law does not "produce sinful lust", except, "...the commandment, which [was ordained] to life, I found [to be] unto death." Why? Because satan used the commandment to seduce us! So "The Law is holy, and the commandment holy, just, and good." Be careful: for the evil one that used the Law to seduce man, will also attempt to use Grace to lead man astray: even to keep him from the gospel that saves!
Who is a "legalist"? If I say that only the gospel saves, am I not being a legalist? If I say that only grace saves, without defining what is grace, am I not being a legalist? Of course!
If I correctly define grace as the Lord "...died for our sins...was buried...and that he rose from the dead...", and deny the Lord's work in me: am I not being a legalist? For what is the real proof of our faith, except our death to sin, being buried with him"...by baptism unto death...", and having the Holy Spirit in us, even the Spirit that will raise us from the dead? Is it just faith in only ONE element, and not all? Either way, I confess that, too, am a "legalist"!
I would not say that legalist is worse than a heathen. The heathen deny God and everything that is holy. A legalist (at least some) are either seeking God, or believe they have found God.

I think I understand what you're saying.
Now, the Law does not "produce sinful lust", except, "...the commandment, which [was ordained] to life, I found [to be] unto death." Why? Because satan used the commandment to seduce us! So "The Law is holy, and the commandment holy, just, and good." Be careful: for the evil one that used the Law to seduce man, will also attempt to use Grace to lead man astray: even to keep him from the gospel that saves!
Who is a "legalist"? If I say that only the gospel saves, am I not being a legalist? If I say that only grace saves, without defining what is grace, am I not being a legalist? Of course!
If I correctly define grace as the Lord "...died for our sins...was buried...and that he rose from the dead...", and deny the Lord's work in me: am I not being a legalist? For what is the real proof of our faith, except our death to sin, being buried with him"...by baptism unto death...", and having the Holy Spirit in us, even the Spirit that will raise us from the dead? Is it just faith in only ONE element, and not all? Either way, I confess that, too, am a "legalist"!
I would not say that legalist is worse than a heathen. The heathen deny God and everything that is holy. A legalist (at least some) are either seeking God, or believe they have found God.
Not the law producing the sinful desire but sin in us. The law (legalism) makes sin "in us" come alive and have power over us..therefore "the strength of sin is the law" .. Only when we die to the law and all attempts to justify ourselves by any legalism, does Gods grace take-up righteousness, and works that righteousness in and through us by the Spirit. -thus God gets all the glory!

Notice too that before Israel received the Law, NO ONE DIED! No one was sick or feeble. As soon as the Law was given, they broke the first commandment and 3000 died! When the Holy Spirit is given, 3000 get saved! The Law is the ministry of death, 2 Corinthians 3:7 (KJV). The Law kills, 2 Corinthians 3:6 (KJV). The Law condemns but the Spirit gives life, 2 Corinthians 3:8-12 (KJV). Those that attempt to live the Law's impossible demands are blinded to the truth, 2 Corinthians 3:14 (KJV). But when they turn to the Lord, the vail is removed and they find liberty, 2 Corinthians 3:16-17 (KJV).

Those that attempt to live by the Law cannot live by the Spirit and condemn all those that do.

Notice too that before Israel received the Law, NO ONE DIED! No one was sick or feeble. As soon as the Law was given, they broke the first commandment and 3000 died! When the Holy Spirit is given, 3000 get saved! The Law is the ministry of death, 2 Corinthians 3:7 (KJV). The Law kills, 2 Corinthians 3:6 (KJV). The Law condemns but the Spirit gives life, 2 Corinthians 3:8-12 (KJV). Those that attempt to live the Law's impossible demands are blinded to the truth, 2 Corinthians 3:14 (KJV). But when they turn to the Lord, the vail is removed and they find liberty, 2 Corinthians 3:16-17 (KJV).

Those that attempt to live by the Law cannot live by the Spirit and condemn all those that do.
Very good to see that you are "alive" in Him, my brother or sister..

Did Adam not die…or Abel…or Seth, Enos, Cainaan,…Jared…Enoch, Methusalah…etc.? Adam broke the first commandment with a curse, and man began to die. The Ten Commandments did not bring the initial death, the first commandment with a curse did! And yes, it was legalism that was responsible: because Adam, through Eve, followed after the Law if Sin and Death instead of the Law if Life (Three of Life) in the midst of the garden.

There is a difference between the Commandments and the Laws of Creation and the Law of Grace (Life). Commandments can be broken, or even changed; the Laws of Creation cannot be altered, only ended; and Grace cannot be altered, only fulfilled...unlike the Law of Sin and Death. The Law of Sin and Death is only temporal, and will be completely abolished as soon as the Lord "...shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when He shall have put down all rule and all authority and power." What? Has that not happened yet? No. There are still them that should be saved! And then you will see a very great mystery unfold that will only be equaled in comparison in the Letter to the Phillipians!

Did Adam not die…or Abel…or Seth, Enos, Cainaan,…Jared…Enoch, Methusalah…etc.? Adam broke the first commandment with a curse, and man began to die. The Ten Commandments did not bring the initial death, the first commandment with a curse did! And yes, it was legalism that was responsible: because Adam, through Eve, followed after the Law if Sin and Death instead of the Law if Life (Three of Life) in the midst of the garden.

There is a difference between the Commandments and the Laws of Creation and the Law of Grace (Life). Commandments can be broken, or even changed; the Laws of Creation cannot be altered, only ended; and Grace cannot be altered, only fulfilled...unlike the Law of Sin and Death. The Law of Sin and Death is only temporal, and will be completely abolished as soon as the Lord "...shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when He shall have put down all rule and all authority and power." What? Has that not happened yet? No. There are still them that should be saved! And then you will see a very great mystery unfold that will only be equaled in comparison in the Letter to the Phillipians!
Not sure of your point Mr. Villa, but be sure the law- Ten Commandments are death to all flesh of man, for no man can keep its standard and therefore its only verdict is death.
2Co 3:7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:
8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?
9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

Only the Ten Commandments was "written and engraved in stones", and its job was to make all "guilty" and worthy of death. Has the law changed in purpose or power? No, the law is not to be laid upon the righteous in Christ. It is not lawful.

Not sure of your point Mr. Villa, but be sure the law- Ten Commandments are death to all flesh of man, for no man can keep its standard and therefore its only verdict is death.
2Co 3:7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:
8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?
9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.
Only the Ten Commandments was "written and engraved in stones", and its job was to make all "guilty" and worthy of death. Has the law changed in purpose or power? No, the law is not to be laid upon the righteous in Christ. It is not lawful.

We are speaking about two different "laws". I agree with you 100%: the Law of Sin and death cannot, and should not, be laid upon a person who is righteous in Christ because "There is therefore now no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus..." if one walks uprightly before the Lord. But permit me this question: do you believe that a person in sin who dies is still a child of God? I am not touching upon a "death bed confession".

We are speaking about two different "laws". I agree with you 100%: the Law of Sin and death cannot, and should not, be laid upon a person who is righteous in Christ because "There is therefore now no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus..." if one walks uprightly before the Lord. But permit me this question: do you believe that a person in sin who dies is still a child of God? I am not touching upon a "death bed confession".
"a person in sin" cannot be "righteous in Christ" Therefore they are not a "child of God". A Christian can and does have the "flesh" and will manifest and struggle (suffer) against that flesh, unto holiness and the Image of God in Christ. Be sure that I would never suggest that a believer continue in the flesh, but there is no condemnation for the believer. A believer who continues in the flesh, should know that God is not mocked that He knows there heart, and those who sow to the flesh will reap from the flesh corruption and judgment against the flesh. But the spirit is sealed and if God needs to punish the flesh to deliver the spirit, He is well able. Now I have never met a sincere Christian, who knows and has been taught by the Lord, that was not on some level attempting to walk before Him in a pleasing manner. Honestly, the only Christians, I have ever known that where outright sinful in there actions, was those who where in legalistic groups. Even in this, the legalism they where taught was what caused them to fall short of Gods grace, back into conditions of bondage to sinful lust and passions. God will deal with those who taught them these false doctrines, and caused these believers to stumble. He will have mercy on those who where led astray by legalism, even as they are in the bondage of their flesh.

"a person in sin" cannot be "righteous in Christ" Therefore they are not a "child of God". A Christian can and does have the "flesh" and will manifest and struggle (suffer) against that flesh, unto holiness and the Image of God in Christ. Be sure that I would never suggest that a believer continue in the flesh, but there is no condemnation for the believer. A believer who continues in the flesh, should know that God is not mocked that He knows there heart, and those who sow to the flesh will reap from the flesh corruption and judgment against the flesh. But the spirit is sealed and if God needs to punish the flesh to deliver the spirit, He is well able. Now I have never met a sincere Christian, who knows and has been taught by the Lord, that was not on some level attempting to walk before Him in a pleasing manner. Honestly, the only Christians, I have ever known that where outright sinful in there actions, was those who where in legalistic groups. Even in this, the legalism they where taught was what caused them to fall short of Gods grace, back into conditions of bondage to sinful lust and passions. God will deal with those who taught them these false doctrines, and caused these believers to stumble. He will have mercy on those who where led astray by legalism, even as they are in the bondage of their flesh.

Interesting answer. You must be of the persuasion, "Once Saved, Always Saved". You see, Beloved, I have seen many men who claim they are saved, and lived as though they never knew the Lord...but would "confess" Him every chance they could to prove their "salvation" (is that not works?).
A believer is not necessarily saved, for "...the devils also believe and tremble...": for there are those who believe but have never repented! There is another part of faith that is too often ignored. "For without faith it is impossible to please Him (God): for he that comes to God must believe that he is...". That is where many Christians slam on their spiritual brakes: believing there is a God, and that that God has a son who died for their sins. But the scriptures continue: "...and He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him."
There is another side to "legalism". It is the side that either ignores or rejects that portion of the gospel that saves: because what they have believed is what they have been taught...that no matter what, they are saved.

I should have clarified: No one died in Israel because of God's wrath upon sin from when they left Egypt until the Law was given.

Interesting answer. You must be of the persuasion, "Once Saved, Always Saved". You see, Beloved, I have seen many men who claim they are saved, and lived as though they never knew the Lord...but would "confess" Him every chance they could to prove their "salvation" (is that not works?).
A believer is not necessarily saved, for "...the devils also believe and tremble...": for there are those who believe but have never repented! There is another part of faith that is too often ignored. "For without faith it is impossible to please Him (God): for he that comes to God must believe that he is...". That is where many Christians slam on their spiritual brakes: believing there is a God, and that that God has a son who died for their sins. But the scriptures continue: "...and He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him."
There is another side to "legalism". It is the side that either ignores or rejects that portion of the gospel that saves: because what they have believed is what they have been taught...that no matter what, they are saved.
I think your mixing tradition with the scriptures and not seeing the context, the devil is not a "believer" although James used the term "believe" to make a point about a living faith. He never suggested a "believer" could somehow lose the salvation held in Christ. He also gave examples of the faith to which he was speaking... He used Rahab the harlot as his example.. He did not even suggest that she "repented" but that she acted according to what she believed. Now the word "repent" means to (change ones mind) and it is also written that repentance is from "dead works" legalism. So no James was not "unsaving" believers.

As far as OSAS, I believe it is clear that those who return to legalism have in fact rejected "saving" grace are in danger of being "cut-off" from Christ and are very much in jeopardy. But a "believer" as long as they continue in grace, are forever held by His Grace and cannot fall or be removed.

I think your mixing tradition with the scriptures and not seeing the context, the devil is not a "believer" although James used the term "believe" to make a point about a living faith. He never suggested a "believer" could somehow lose the salvation held in Christ. He also gave examples of the faith to which he was speaking... He used Rahab the harlot as his example.. He did not even suggest that she "repented" but that she acted according to what she believed. Now the word "repent" means to (change ones mind) and it is also written that repentance is from "dead works" legalism. So no James was not "unsaving" believers.

As far as OSAS, I believe it is clear that those who return to legalism have in fact rejected "saving" grace are in danger of being "cut-off" from Christ and are very much in jeopardy. But a "believer" as long as they continue in grace, are forever held by His Grace and cannot fall or be removed.

That's fine, Beloved. If that's all the Lord has taught you (and I'm sure you have come a long way), then that's all you need to know. The Lord knows your heart far better than any man could...or even you! You follow what the Lord has given you and be faithful to Him.
Enjoy your walk with the Lord.

I was already walking in repentance when I visited my brother in prison. We were inside the prison complex itself, and my brother and I sat on the grass in the visiting area. As I gave my brother some Christian booklets (which I didn't know was forbidden), a guard saw me, and walked toward us to take away the booklets. My brother grew fearful, because he was going to get “written up” and possibly lose his visiting privileges for a time. I told him that the Lord would help us. At that very moment, the guard stopped, looked around him in confusion, and walked away from us.

That's fine, Beloved. If that's all the Lord has taught you (and I'm sure you have come a long way), then that's all you need to know. The Lord knows your heart far better than any man could...or even you! You follow what the Lord has given you and be faithful to Him.
Enjoy your walk with the Lord.
Thank you for the kind words.

Well Mitspa......I have been around this stuff for a long time and I find what you just said to be Biblically sound and if you did not know anything else whatsoever, you know the most important thing! But in reality, I have found your comments and advice very informative and right on target with the Word of God!

May the Lord bless you and keep you expounding correctly the Word of God!

I was already walking in repentance when I visited my brother in prison. We were inside the prison complex itself, and my brother and I sat on the grass in the visiting area. As I gave my brother some Christian booklets (which I didn't know was forbidden), a guard saw me, and walked toward us to take away the booklets. My brother grew fearful, because he was going to get “written up” and possibly lose his visiting privileges for a time. I told him that the Lord would help us. At that very moment, the guard stopped, looked around him in confusion, and walked away from us.

Sounds like you had a really good prayer warrior!

You can count me right in there as well in the OSAS group!

I would hate to know that the God who saved me was not powerful enought to keep me saved. That would not be much of a God IMHO!

However......The God I know from the Bible says that HE IS ABLE to save me to the UTTERMOST! The God I know says that He will bring home ALL the sheep that He has been given and if He was given 100, He will bring 100 hoome. not 98 or 99 but ALL 100.

Well Mitspa......I have been around this stuff for a long time and I find what you just said to be Biblically sound and if you did not know anything else whatsoever, you know the most important thing! But in reality, I have found your comments and advice very informative and right on target with the Word of God!

May the Lord bless you and keep you expounding correctly the Word of God!
Thank you for the encouraging words, some of what I say is a little hard to understand at first? When I challenge the law..legalism..etc
It is not that I would that any break the law but that they might learn to allow God to work righteousness through them by His Spirit. Those who are looking to written codes and such, often struggle a great deal to understand obedience from the heart, to what one believes. I "believe" in Gods law, I believe in its purpose and the power of it to make us all see our own flesh. I also know that it is fulfilled in love and only in love, not by rule-keeping. I also know that only Gods love working through me can fulfill that which the law demanded. For instance how could I ever take or covet from those I have Gods love for... it cannot be. As John wrote, those who claim to love God (first commandment) prove that is true when they love others with Gods love. In all things Christ receives the glory! blessings and peace -Mitspa

Last edited:
Interesting. A man goes out and gets drunk, his car is seen swerving all over the road (he could not be properly identified) and gets away from the cops: but they did get the license number. A couple of days later, the same police officer who wrote dowwn the drunk'd license plates stops the vehicle, gets the man's ID, arrests him, and takes him to court. The man pleads guilty to reckless driving, but is found innocent on the drunk-driving charge because the man said he never drinks.
Once sober, always sober.

Back