Gnosticism...Again!

The fixation by some in these threads that I've been seeing, against the use of the term "person" in relation to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit seems to be rooted in the term you brought forth above when addressing 'anthropomorphism'. What I'm suggesting is that, dare I use the term "person" in relation to the Son, or to our Heavenly Father, or to Holy Spirit, that doesn't mean that I'm attributing humanity to our Father, or the Son or Holy Spirit. We are created in their likeness. So, it again seems reasonable to say that when we speak of the 'Person of Christ Jesus', or 'the Person of our Heavenly Father', or 'the Person Holy Spirit', that speaks of the likeness, not any absolute attribution by way of our forcing upon God the attributes and likeness of mankind, but rather then other way around. We are His likeness. That is the proper direction of understanding that should be understood. We are the likeness/image of our Heavenly Father, the likeness/image of the Son, and the likeness/image of Holy Spirit.

If that bothers some, well, I'll just have to call them out onto the carpet to explain how such use, of what's actually written in the word of God, is in error. Yes, English translation have their degree of weaknesses in relation to the original languages, but it would be futile for me to use Hebrew and/or Greek words when writing to y'all. Herein you may now understand my meaning if and when I address the Person of our Heavenly Father, the Person of Christ Yahshua, and/or the Person of Holy Spirit. This way there's nothing worthwhile to get bent out of shape over.

As Major pointed out, the Watchtower is utterly false in so many of its teachings, and is therefore a tragic departure from the original languages of the Bible. The evolutionary teachings of that organization clearly betrays its lack of continuity and cohesion to sound rules for interpretation.

MM
We seem to be confusing image of God and likeness of man, as being in image of God does NOT mean God looks like one of us, but that we have his attributes such as can reason, think, etc!

Hey MM. Great post! I congratulate you on your ability to state your case so elequently.

The question I think as to why anyone would refuse to accept the word "Person" when referring to the Trinity can only be one of two reason.

1. They do not accept the Trinity as a Bible doctrine.
2. They do not accept the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Now there are at least 9 religious faiths which openly deny the Trinity and or deny the DEITY of Jesus Christ.

1. Mormons.
2. Jehovah Witnesses.
3. Oneness Pentecostals.
4. Christian Science
5. Philadelphia Church of God, Global Church of God, United Church of God = Armstrongs.
6. Christadelphians
7. Unification Church = Founded By: Sun Myung Moon, 1954.
8. Universalists.
9. Scientology = Not really a faith but a bunch of rich people with no brains and too much money.

Now I do not know which of these are those who are posting here belong to that refuse to accept the word PERSON in describing the Trinity, but if I had to choose, I would say the JW'S - Oneness Pentecostal.

I say that not to accuse anyone at all, but only to say that I can not think of any reason whatsoever to reject the word PERSON other that because of indoctrination from a false teaching.
Many postings here do indeed seem to be from the viewpoint of Jesus only, Oneness Pentecostal heresy!

Back