Gnosticism...Again!

Well, my Anna was in the salon today, and one of the women there was doing obvious proselytizing for a local group that worships Sophia. I've heard of such groups, but never did any deep study on them since they most generally have been confined to the more liberal denominations. Now I read today that they are growing in number, nationwide, and within evangelicalism...mostly among women. (This is not a slam against women in general.)

So, what came to my mind is that the Gnostic leaning gangs are having to draw parallels between the first nine chapters of Proverbs, all mention of "wisdom", to an external, feminine name in order to try and feminize the God of the Bible in His creative powers and overall nature.

Folks, one doesn't have to possess a Th.D to know that drawing parallels external to the Bible, especially when no such thing of that magnitude of importance would certainly have been spelled out in the text of at least one of the biblical writers. Instead, we're faced with silence. That should cause one to pause.

If God had wanted us to understand that there were a feminine aspect to His nature, He certainly had/has the power and wisdom (get it?) to have had that revealed to us rather than for it to be some "hidden wisdom" Gnostics are so prone to mislead others into believing.

What say you?

MM

I agree. So some women got jealous and decided to invent a goddess myth to get hyped about.

The only thing I think Gnosticism got right to me is that we live in a sinful world. But they believe materialistic world is evil so therefor the body is evil.
That really did it for me lol, I then thought, ok, so Gods creation is evil?

They lost me at that point….

Feminine God, black Jesus, married Jesus and his continued blood line, gay bible, Mary Queen of heaven, gnostic gospels. Every group has their twisted ideas. First ive heard of Sofia but im sure there are more heresies to come. Seems there are more attacks all the time.

The enemy generally sticks to the old things that worked in the past, and still work in the hearts and minds of the gullible and those consumed with humanistic philosophies, such as feminism, chauvinism, humanism, and a plethora of other -isms. As it's written, there's nothing new under the sun.

MM

Well, my Anna was in the salon today, and one of the women there was doing obvious proselytizing for a local group that worships Sophia. I've heard of such groups, but never did any deep study on them since they most generally have been confined to the more liberal denominations. Now I read today that they are growing in number, nationwide, and within evangelicalism...mostly among women. (This is not a slam against women in general.)

So, what came to my mind is that the Gnostic leaning gangs are having to draw parallels between the first nine chapters of Proverbs, all mention of "wisdom", to an external, feminine name in order to try and feminize the God of the Bible in His creative powers and overall nature.

Folks, one doesn't have to possess a Th.D to know that drawing parallels external to the Bible, especially when no such thing of that magnitude of importance would certainly have been spelled out in the text of at least one of the biblical writers. Instead, we're faced with silence. That should cause one to pause.

If God had wanted us to understand that there were a feminine aspect to His nature, He certainly had/has the power and wisdom (get it?) to have had that revealed to us rather than for it to be some "hidden wisdom" Gnostics are so prone to mislead others into believing.

What say you?

MM
Remember when they had a b ible "translation" that stated God he/She, and father.Mother?

Feminine God, black Jesus, married Jesus and his continued blood line, gay bible, Mary Queen of heaven, gnostic gospels. Every group has their twisted ideas. First ive heard of Sofia but im sure there are more heresies to come. Seems there are more attacks all the time.

Remember when they had a b ible "translation" that stated God he/She, and father.Mother?

Hello Hopefull;

What you shared blew me away! Like most of us I also have been studying Scripture for some time and it's just never ending with these darts and arrows that keep attacking the believer. What happens when they get into innocent ears?

As YeshuaFan was sharing, even the publishers are allowing twisted translations of the bible.

Stand firm, I say, stand firm unto the end!

The enemy generally sticks to the old things that worked in the past, and still work in the hearts and minds of the gullible and those consumed with humanistic philosophies, such as feminism, chauvinism, humanism, and a plethora of other -isms. As it's written, there's nothing new under the sun.

MM

Exactly! Why change what works?

What say you?

MM

You know....I had not heard Sophia in a very long time. Literally she is Wisdom, because the Greek word Sophia means “wisdom” in English. More than that, Sophia is the Wisdom of Deity.

However, those of the Gnostic belief revere Sophia as one of the “aeons” – divine entities who were descended from God the Father and who were roughly equivalent to angels.

Our Catholic friends are deeply involved in Sophia and some have suggested that she could be the Holy Spirit. Or she has Her own Holy Spirit just as God-the-Father does. Some say Sophia was embodied by Mother Mary, others believe she was embodied by Mary Magdalene.

Personally I call it the "feminization" of the Bible.

Hello Hopefull;

What you shared blew me away! Like most of us I also have been studying Scripture for some time and it's just never ending with these darts and arrows that keep attacking the believer. What happens when they get into innocent ears?

As YeshuaFan was sharing, even the publishers are allowing twisted translations of the bible.

Stand firm, I say, stand firm unto the end!
Yes. as remember when the so called "Queen James" bible was released over in the UK?

You bet brother. Satan has tried to pollute the birth line of Jesus since he thought that the killing of Able by Cain did the trick. But along came Seth........and the line continued.

You know....I had not heard Sophia in a very long time. Literally she is Wisdom, because the Greek word Sophia means “wisdom” in English. More than that, Sophia is the Wisdom of Deity.

However, those of the Gnostic belief revere Sophia as one of the “aeons” – divine entities who were descended from God the Father and who were roughly equivalent to angels.

Our Catholic friends are deeply involved in Sophia and some have suggested that she could be the Holy Spirit. Or she has Her own Holy Spirit just as God-the-Father does. Some say Sophia was embodied by Mother Mary, others believe she was embodied by Mary Magdalene.

Yes. I did some reading and Sofia, Virgin Mary and Mary Magdalene they call the female trinity. And yes the Greek worshipped Sofia as the goddess of wisdom.

We can certainly see the end of this age by the grasping of ppl to have something to believe in.

Trouble is the church is also facing the apostasy of the end and when these are mixed we have an insanity of ppl accepting anything.

New Age, Gnosticism and cults seem to be the growing thing as opposed to established fundamentalist organisations.

We must pray the Lord of the harvest to either raise up our weary bones or establish new births to go out into the field. The fields are white to harvest and ppl are thirsting for knowledge to believe in a higher power.

We and they don't want to think " this is it? Is this it?" There must be more!

And I call it.....well, never mind.....

MM

We can certainly see the end of this age by the grasping of ppl to have something to believe in.

Trouble is the church is also facing the apostasy of the end and when these are mixed we have an insanity of ppl accepting anything.

New Age, Gnosticism and cults seem to be the growing thing as opposed to established fundamentalist organisations.

We must pray the Lord of the harvest to either raise up our weary bones or establish new births to go out into the field. The fields are white to harvest and ppl are thirsting for knowledge to believe in a higher power.

We and they don't want to think " this is it? Is this it?" There must be more!

You know? Your post brought me to a realization.

Proverbs 1:32 For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them.

2 Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Who falls away? Is it those in the (C)hurch? No. I don't see any reason to believe that's what the text is saying to us. It doesn't say the faithful fall away; those who are tried and true. It's the simpletons...those who are Christian in name only, and were never really spiritually attached as set apart from those who have drank that Living Water offered only by the very Christ from Whose Hand no power can snatch those who are His.

Hmm. 🤔

MM

Is there basically any need to elaborate on anything except the moral principles?
Everything else is just commentary.
The biblical stories to me have morals to them and good for learning as well and that’s the kind of illumination I enjoy.
I believe Paul showed us what was central…

1 Corinthians 2:2 KJV
[2] For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

Back