Communion for Pro Abortionists

Dear forgiven,
Respectfully, doctoral statements are the biblically inspired statements or summaries of the faith of men and women which stem from their interpretation the inspired words of scripture. They are based on a summary of the their understanding of key biblical doctrines, which are in harmony with Christian thought, and as such, are meant to protect and anchor the faithful and guide them against biblical and theological drift and error in the ever-changing culture and morals of man’s world.

While hardly perfect, are they a submission to the authority of Scripture, that final authority of Christian faith and practice, and as such they are guided by the best possible and current comprehension of any particular groups understanding of scripture.
God Bless you and those you love

Agreed!.

i am in agreement for the most . i have to question teachings i have heard.. i heard a minister say he couldn't die and go to hell if he wanted..... even though i am of the eternal salvation side. there are lines i have to draw. that is one o draw on. willful sin can be committed by a Christian. they must repent or they will perish which is Christ teaching i fully understand what your saying. i just am in disagreement . all the more reason i am saying there going to be a lot of mouths so to speak fall open when they stand at the white throne judgment NOT everyone who says Lord Lord . i have distant kin that is living with her man due to the fact if the get married he loses his med ins through the government. medicate i think it is . he has heart problems i dont know how he feels but her remarks was i am gen baptist i hope it dont send me to hell.. he is southern bapt i have no idea if there is any intimate activity between them. nor do i want to !!!!!

lets face it we all know people are in relationships like this. there are those with drinking problems . that cant seem to shake it its not our job to judge . this is why i say there some teachings that dont line up. such as you can fall into sin stay there still make it but no rewards.

my point is a true blue born again child of God can fall in to known willful sin. but it may take some time but like the prodigal they will come to there senses
You said...........
"my point is a true blue born again child of God can fall in to known willful sin. but it may take some time but like the prodigal they will come to there senses".

Again the real question must be......Were they ever born again the 1st time????

John 2:19.......
"They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us. But they went out, that it might become plain that they all are not of us."

Again, there is the confusion of KNOWN WILLFULL sin and not on purpose sin.

Yes.....I know of many in the same situation. However, we are looking at their situation through our eyes and our logic instead of Gods eyes.

You said......SIN IS SIN! Remember!

If God said that Homosexual activity is sin and is to be punished by death........Then WE can not say -- But it is my nephew and I love him and support him. Or I am a democrate and our political platform is Pro-Abortion so that is who I vote for.

Proverbs 24:10-12.........
" If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small. If thou forbear to deliver them that are drawn unto death, and those that are ready to be slain; If thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not; doth not he that pondereth the heart consider it? and he that keepeth thy soul, doth not he know it? and shall not he render to every man according to his works?"

Matthew 7:21...........
"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."

If there is no statement of faith or doctrine, how do we know what someone’s teaching is based on?

Speaking on the teaching of "Beth Moore" it is noted by "Matt Slick, Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry" = Source that.......
"However, there is NO doctrinal statement, such as we do not see any affirmation of the Trinity, that Jesus is a man now with two natures:divine and human. I could not find anything affirming justification by faith alone in Christ alone or whether or not baptism is necessary for salvation or is not.
It is always helpful for a Christian ministry to have a doctrinal statement because it enables people to quickly see what a person is teaching from. Without one, we have to ask questions regarding what she believes concerning these things. "

Without a doctrinal statement of faith which comes and is based on the Bible, anyone who is a good speaker, and able to sway people with flowing words and emotional comments and get all kinds of followers.

Do you remember Jim Jones???

In the first 3 centuries after Christ, BELIEVERS STOOD on the word and the Spirit to imprint God's doctrines on their hearts.

Why do you suppose the Holy Ghost was sent after Christ ascension on Pentecost ?

If we can CONVINCE ppl that God's word is our authority on his will then we should not need to print and enforce a statement or creed.

We ARE NOT working for our denominations but rather to build up souls for the glory of God.

It would seem as though ALL DENOMINATIONS are in error on doctrinal stances. I personally do NOT live by any statement of faith of any organisation or any creed. I believe the bible is God's Holy Spirit inspired word and IT ALONE stands for the doctrine of God !
It does not need to be broken down for man to comprehend. The Spirit is our teacher and will reveal the word.

many are made up by man.

Hello D3v and forgiven;

I want to share in my limited experience two sides of what you both feel and believe regarding any statement of faith or organization in the Church.

Because of my current position, I've had discussions with Christian men and women who are very involved in their Church in the areas of preaching, teaching, outreach (evangelism) and governance of their Church body.
This is good, however, their autonomy does not include a bylaw, statement or any affiliation of faith. I asked them to share how their board or leaders committee are set up. They do have "official organized rules" on paper or in a Word file, and they stress how God gave them the Word to initiate this either from the beginning or during their ongoing ministry.

I then (respectfully) stated a fact with a question to at least 5 churches; all Churches, ministry or missions have ongoing problems, not so much mechanical, but people. How do they resolve these day to day issues, what is the protocol? Does it get to a point when they need outside ministering, or do they resolve all their problems from inside? What are the protocols?

Unfortunately, they couldn't give me a specific procedure, except this response, "we say a prayer, fast, and then bring everyone together."
Praise God for that response. There are times they did get past their people or operations concerns with solutions. These are the brothers and sisters that do not favor a bylaw, statement or any affiliation of faith. If this is God led, despite the challenges, and it allows your church to remain standing, then Praise Him for His Church.

On the other hand, I'll speak of my own experience from a Southern Baptist organization, bylaws and statement of faith. For the last 11 years our Church belongs to the California Southern Baptist Convention and for the last 4 years, the Great Commission Association of Southern Baptist Churches.

Within our local Church we have an official bylaw, statement and mission statement of what we believe and who we are as a Church in the community. Our autonomy has helped us immensely to share with inquiring new members and those who are new in the faith, what our doctrine is, and how we govern ourselves. By sharing this, our Church has an established protocol, which is why we as a body can make an informed decision regarding such profound issues such as Communion for Pro Abortionists, which sounds like an oxymoron.

The bylaws, denominational statement and mission statement that we adhere to are not just made up. Nobody winged it. Within the CSBC and GCA, there was a lot of prayer, discussion, reference to Scripture, disagreement and going back to the drawing board (so to speak) until God, not some official, arrived at what He wanted stated, and then it was voted before we could implement and govern the body of our national and local Churches. Every few years these statements must be updated which is good accountability.

I stated a fact with questions. All Churches have problems, mostly people issues. The CSBC and the GCA's main goal in their ministry is to help Churches, foster Churches (take them under their wing) that are barely standing, either with no pastor, minimal members, those struggling with their ministry and families with severe problems.

We have 3 pastors in our local Church and a board of directors. Both the CSBC and GCA have ministered to our Church during tough times, mentored and held accountable the pastors, including my share of stupid mistakes and challenges, and helped our board when we updated our bylaws and other administrative responsibilities.

For those who don't favor any denominational statement of faith or organization in their church, perhaps there was a bad experience in your personal Christian walk and Church organization. I get it. I understand, at the same time, get in line. On all sides of where we serve today or in the past, we will be faced with challenges. It's what we do.

I also have had my frustrating times in the Church, have done my due diligence by asking the hard questions to the ministers of the CSBC, GCA and have had intense conversations with outside ministries. I've made my mistakes for God's glory and have received good results for God's glory. He is in the center of everything I'm doing while serving with the statement of faith or organization.

Whether I serve and remain with the statement of faith and organization, or belong to an autonomy of self governance with an independent or home Church, nobody to date has thrown stones at my house or cursed me.

If where we stand truly works for us, then all the glory goes to God where He has placed you. Question is, what are we doing to contribute? I preached last Sunday that God gave us all gifts, abilities, talents and skills. We need to pray about getting "out of the box" and share our gifts with others in need, whether a suffering individual, Church or ministry organization.

When the paralytic man at Bethesda was asked by Jesus, “Do you want to be healed?” the man responded with "excuses" instead of an offer of faith and healing by the Son of God. - John 5:1-15 ESV

It's easy to point out the problems when there is a solution, but it's even harder to hang in there and offer a solution. Christ tackled the hardest problem and solution when He went to the cross. This is what He does and it should be the greatest example for all of us. Any problem is not impossible for God.

God bless everyone here in this discussion.

In the first 3 centuries after Christ, BELIEVERS STOOD on the word and the Spirit to imprint God's doctrines on their hearts.

Why do you suppose the Holy Ghost was sent after Christ ascension on Pentecost ?

If we can CONVINCE ppl that God's word is our authority on his will then we should not need to print and enforce a statement or creed.

We ARE NOT working for our denominations but rather to build up souls for the glory of God.

WHY????

Because God said so. Ascension and Pentecost Ascension After Jesus’ resurrection, he spent time with the apostles and told them that God would send down the Holy Spirit to them just as he had promised. He sent the apostles out to tell people about him and the Word of God.

I agree 100% with you!

However, a Statement of Faith is the only way you will know what a church teaches and believes. Without such a statement a church or a man can do anything he/they want to and ultimately that will lead to a cult.

It is all about "Accountability"!

Hello D3v and forgiven;

I want to share in my limited experience two sides of what you both feel and believe regarding any statement of faith or organization in the Church.

Because of my current position, I've had discussions with Christian men and women who are very involved in their Church in the areas of preaching, teaching, outreach (evangelism) and governance of their Church body.
This is good, however, their autonomy does not include a bylaw, statement or any affiliation of faith. I asked them to share how their board or leaders committee are set up. They do have "official organized rules" on paper or in a Word file, and they stress how God gave them the Word to initiate this either from the beginning or during their ongoing ministry.

I then (respectfully) stated a fact with a question to at least 5 churches; all Churches, ministry or missions have ongoing problems, not so much mechanical, but people. How do they resolve these day to day issues, what is the protocol? Does it get to a point when they need outside ministering, or do they resolve all their problems from inside? What are the protocols?

Unfortunately, they couldn't give me a specific procedure, except this response, "we say a prayer, fast, and then bring everyone together."
Praise God for that response. There are times they did get past their people or operations concerns with solutions. These are the brothers and sisters that do not favor a bylaw, statement or any affiliation of faith. If this is God led, despite the challenges, and it allows your church to remain standing, then Praise Him for His Church.

On the other hand, I'll speak of my own experience from a Southern Baptist organization, bylaws and statement of faith. For the last 11 years our Church belongs to the California Southern Baptist Convention and for the last 4 years, the Great Commission Association of Southern Baptist Churches.

Within our local Church we have an official bylaw, statement and mission statement of what we believe and who we are as a Church in the community. Our autonomy has helped us immensely to share with inquiring new members and those who are new in the faith, what our doctrine is, and how we govern ourselves. By sharing this, our Church has an established protocol, which is why we as a body can make an informed decision regarding such profound issues such as Communion for Pro Abortionists, which sounds like an oxymoron.

The bylaws, denominational statement and mission statement that we adhere to are not just made up. Nobody winged it. Within the CSBC and GCA, there was a lot of prayer, discussion, reference to Scripture, disagreement and going back to the drawing board (so to speak) until God, not some official, arrived at what He wanted stated, and then it was voted before we could implement and govern the body of our national and local Churches. Every few years these statements must be updated which is good accountability.

I stated a fact with questions. All Churches have problems, mostly people issues. The CSBC and the GCA's main goal in their ministry is to help Churches, foster Churches (take them under their wing) that are barely standing, either with no pastor, minimal members, those struggling with their ministry and families with severe problems.

We have 3 pastors in our local Church and a board of directors. Both the CSBC and GCA have ministered to our Church during tough times, mentored and held accountable the pastors, including my share of stupid mistakes and challenges, and helped our board when we updated our bylaws and other administrative responsibilities.

For those who don't favor any denominational statement of faith or organization in their church, perhaps there was a bad experience in your personal Christian walk and Church organization. I get it. I understand, at the same time, get in line. On all sides of where we serve today or in the past, we will be faced with challenges. It's what we do.

I also have had my frustrating times in the Church, have done my due diligence by asking the hard questions to the ministers of the CSBC, GCA and have had intense conversations with outside ministries. I've made my mistakes for God's glory and have received good results for God's glory. He is in the center of everything I'm doing while serving with the statement of faith or organization.

Whether I serve and remain with the statement of faith and organization, or belong to an autonomy of self governance with an independent or home Church, nobody to date has thrown stones at my house or cursed me.

If where we stand truly works for us, then all the glory goes to God where He has placed you. Question is, what are we doing to contribute? I preached last Sunday that God gave us all gifts, abilities, talents and skills. We need to pray about getting "out of the box" and share our gifts with others in need, whether a suffering individual, Church or ministry organization.

When the paralytic man at Bethesda was asked by Jesus, “Do you want to be healed?” the man responded with "excuses" instead of an offer of faith and healing by the Son of God. - John 5:1-15 ESV

It's easy to point out the problems when there is a solution, but it's even harder to hang in there and offer a solution. Christ tackled the hardest problem and solution when He went to the cross. This is what He does and it should be the greatest example for all of us. Any problem is not impossible for God.

God bless everyone here in this discussion.

Excellant post!

Thank you Bob for your thoughts.

I definetly do not believe in the large corporate all for one ( those of the same denomination) set of rules or governments.
I think this divides not within but those without, in other denominations.
Phil.3:16 [ context 14-17]
Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the SAME RULE, and let us MIND THE SAME THING. 1 Cor.1:10

This does not mean I do not understand them, nor the fact that man has a need for control or a set idea of what is expected. I feel this control is questional, for we are IN CHRIST, and members of his body, NOT denominations.

I do like independent and home gatherings, for these ppl are of the same mind and IT IS ALL ABOUT GOD ! They leave the governing up to the Spirit revealing doctrine in the word individually. Phil.4:2 Paul advised them to be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.

I must stand before God and have Jesus acknowledge the fact that He knows me, and I sought the Father's will and let the word be my discipline.

I'm not a combatant on what others want to follow, if ALL POINTS TO THE GLORY OF GOD.

Blessings to you and yours.

The Holy Ghost was sent on the day of Pentecost not only bc Jesus said he would come but for this, to teach us, to be our comforter, our guide, to take our infirmities before God on our behalf with groanings and utters we don't know and cannot understand. He came to help us build up our faith by praying in his SPIRIT !

He came and was sent to EMPOWER BELIEVERS for the work and will of God !

That is WHY !!!!!!!

Thank you Bob for your thoughts.

I definetly do not believe in the large corporate all for one ( those of the same denomination) set of rules or governments.
I think this divides not within but those without, in other denominations.
Phil.3:16 [ context 14-17]
Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the SAME RULE, and let us MIND THE SAME THING. 1 Cor.1:10

This does not mean I do not understand them, nor the fact that man has a need for control or a set idea of what is expected. I feel this control is questional, for we are IN CHRIST, and members of his body, NOT denominations.

I do like independent and home gatherings, for these ppl are of the same mind and IT IS ALL ABOUT GOD ! They leave the governing up to the Spirit revealing doctrine in the word individually. Phil.4:2 Paul advised them to be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.

I must stand before God and have Jesus acknowledge the fact that He knows me, and I sought the Father's will and let the word be my discipline.

I'm not a combatant on what others want to follow, if ALL POINTS TO THE GLORY OF GOD.

Blessings to you and yours.

The Holy Ghost was sent on the day of Pentecost not only bc Jesus said he would come but for this, to teach us, to be our comforter, our guide, to take our infirmities before God on our behalf with groanings and utters we don't know and cannot understand. He came to help us build up our faith by praying in his SPIRIT !

He came and was sent to EMPOWER BELIEVERS for the work and will of God !

That is WHY !!!!!!!

Amen, sister D3v;

I understand you and your objectives backed by Scripture.

And I do agree with the bottom line,
if all points to the glory of God.

God bless you, sister, and your continued walk with Christ.

It's easy to point out the problems when there is a solution,
i agree but honestly the Church has gotten off the beaten path. the Bible says we are the Body of Christ which has many members . so according to many bylaws . unless your part of said org /denom you are welcome to fellowship but that is as far as it goes . when i see to join a church you have to be baptized into that church . even if you had already been baptized.

o will be the 1st to say if your looking for a perfect church and find it.. it soon will not be because we are there .at a church i was pastor at it was supposedly run by the united Church of Christ. a person made a call saying i wanted to become part of it. they sent me a letter outlining what i had to do to be part of. take there classes and have a mentor i called them up and said i was ordained and did not need them.
i did some studying on the ucc they held to allowing homosexuals' in the pulpit....

o currently am helping out the the united Methodist Church i was was raised in. i preach the Bible structure is good by laws can be good . provided they are backed by scripture . when i went to join another assoc in the examining part i was asked if i had been a gen baptist all my life ? i told them i was raised Methodist another member of the presbytery asked me how long i had been preaching... no one asked me if i was saved .

i respect what you posted on fact i like the southern Baptist ;lots good preachers in it.. but like all it has its problems called flesh and man.

i have not heard much on the general Baptist. they have lots good preachers also. but i dont see much out of headquarters for leading forward. the president they have present is trying . but i see no effort made to reach the small rural Church in the Ozarks of mo.

i have outlined some of my dis satisfaction . i have a full time job taking care of me.. but yes a church must have structure
in my old presbytery we made a change on ordination/ husband of one wife . we voted to take it case by case what was the reason for the divorce . many would not even consider such

Without such a statement a church or a man can do anything he/they want to and ultimately that will lead to a cult.

It is all about "Accountability"!
yes and no you listen to the pastor preach you will soon find out what he believes.. so yes and no the statement of faith is important.. we also have a unction. that is the most important statement of faith.
i do however feel like we have a lot of feel good churches . there use to be a church in another city that had beer and a bible study at a local restaurant that sold beer . i am not necessary full disagreement with you. but i have area i see different . once again i am all for structure back by scripture

You said...........
"my point is a true blue born again child of God can fall in to known willful sin. but it may take some time but like the prodigal they will come to there senses".

Again the real question must be......Were they ever born again the 1st time????

John 2:19.......
"They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us. But they went out, that it might become plain that they all are not of us."

Again, there is the confusion of KNOWN WILLFULL sin and not on purpose sin.

Yes.....I know of many in the same situation. However, we are looking at their situation through our eyes and our logic instead of Gods eyes.

You said......SIN IS SIN! Remember!

If God said that Homosexual activity is sin and is to be punished by death........Then WE can not say -- But it is my nephew and I love him and support him. Or I am a democrate and our political platform is Pro-Abortion so that is who I vote for.

Proverbs 24:10-12.........
" If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small. If thou forbear to deliver them that are drawn unto death, and those that are ready to be slain; If thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not; doth not he that pondereth the heart consider it? and he that keepeth thy soul, doth not he know it? and shall not he render to every man according to his works?"

Matthew 7:21...........
"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."
yes i still stand by my point we can fall into willful sin btw for the most i am in agreement with you your example of my nephew is gay. i read a article on a former southern baptist president had a son and he supposedly supported him . of course news articles dont lie.. this minister i have listened to in person i do really like him but i am not putting his anme out there. nor is it a attempt to smear southern Baptist.

but the question is are they truly saved. many teach yes they are. Isaiah 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! .

might i add your scripture in proverbs follows Ezekiel chapter 3 and 33 the watchman duty

Dear forgiven,
Respectfully, doctoral statements are the biblically inspired statements or summaries of the faith of men and women which stem from their interpretation the inspired words of scripture. They are based on a summary of the their understanding of key biblical doctrines, which are in harmony with Christian thought, and as such, are meant to protect and anchor the faithful and guide them against biblical and theological drift and error in the ever-changing culture and morals of man’s world.

While hardly perfect, are they a submission to the authority of Scripture, that final authority of Christian faith and practice, and as such they are guided by the best possible and current comprehension of any particular groups understanding of scripture.
God Bless you and those you love
so can we say baptized in water for the remission of sin ? or lets use Calvinism they are dead set against free will salvation in peter where he writes but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.” us is not every one with them.

baptized into the Church name to be a member

so can we say baptized in water for the remission of sin ? or lets use Calvinism they are dead set against free will salvation in peter where he writes but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.” us is not every one with them.

Dear forgiven,
I see your point and i am really in some agreement with you.

In fact, as I read backwards and read the entire thread and re-interpret my own posts, I see I haven’t really stated my own personal view.

I am not currently affiliated with any denomination, so a specific denominational statement of beliefs or faith as decreed by any non-Biblical person or organization is not in my spiritual portfolio. I have opinions, but that is all they are, just my opinions.

Be that as it may, I believe that structure, both physically and spiritually, is essential for any assemblie. ‘Rules’ spiritual or otherwise are needed as people differ in their understanding, enthusiasm and application of laws, both Divine and mundane. The alternative is chaos to some degree, that, and to be honest, many people actually prefer a set of boundaries because it is a comfort to them. With a defined doctrine and statement of belief people don’t have to read or ponder so very much.

As you point out, statements of belief are only as good as their earthly authors and only as meaningful as to how they are kept by the faithful.

These statements of belief, in general, mean little to me personally, but I don’t see how churches or assemblies can operate without some basic understanding as to what the goal is and how it is to be reached. This doesn’t abdicate anyone’s personal responsibility, as we are all still answerable to our Maker in the end.

God Bless you and your ministry.

i agree but honestly the Church has gotten off the beaten path. the Bible says we are the Body of Christ which has many members . so according to many bylaws . unless your part of said org /denom you are welcome to fellowship but that is as far as it goes . when i see to join a church you have to be baptized into that church . even if you had already been baptized.

o will be the 1st to say if your looking for a perfect church and find it.. it soon will not be because we are there .at a church i was pastor at it was supposedly run by the united Church of Christ. a person made a call saying i wanted to become part of it. they sent me a letter outlining what i had to do to be part of. take there classes and have a mentor i called them up and said i was ordained and did not need them.
i did some studying on the ucc they held to allowing homosexuals' in the pulpit....

o currently am helping out the the united Methodist Church i was was raised in. i preach the Bible structure is good by laws can be good . provided they are backed by scripture . when i went to join another assoc in the examining part i was asked if i had been a gen baptist all my life ? i told them i was raised Methodist another member of the presbytery asked me how long i had been preaching... no one asked me if i was saved .

i respect what you posted on fact i like the southern Baptist ;lots good preachers in it.. but like all it has its problems called flesh and man.

i have not heard much on the general Baptist. they have lots good preachers also. but i dont see much out of headquarters for leading forward. the president they have present is trying . but i see no effort made to reach the small rural Church in the Ozarks of mo.

i have outlined some of my dis satisfaction . i have a full time job taking care of me.. but yes a church must have structure
in my old presbytery we made a change on ordination/ husband of one wife . we voted to take it case by case what was the reason for the divorce . many would not even consider such

Hello forgiven;

I appreciate you, brother, and what you're sharing, seriously, in your experience with the General Baptist, Methodist and Presbytry.

That's quite a variable that you've juggled.

God bless you, Jerry, and your family.

Nope. I have never done that!

“What must I do to be saved?” Like Paul, he would have replied: “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved.. .” (Acts 16:31).

yes and no you listen to the pastor preach you will soon find out what he believes.. so yes and no the statement of faith is important.. we also have a unction. that is the most important statement of faith.
i do however feel like we have a lot of feel good churches . there use to be a church in another city that had beer and a bible study at a local restaurant that sold beer . i am not necessary full disagreement with you. but i have area i see different . once again i am all for structure back by scripture

You are correct. In time if you listen you will know what a pastor believes and preaches.

A Statement of Faith of any denomination/Church simply saves all that time.

It is OK to disagree with me my brother. Many have and many will. I am not the final authority.

Nope. I have never done that!

“What must I do to be saved?” Like Paul, he would have replied: “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved.. .” (Acts 16:31).
i dont know where any one gets that stuff like this drives me crazy when i hear it.. i worked with a guy .his dad was a former southern bapt minister. but at some point him and his family joined a general Baptist church . he later moved to a independent fundamentalist's Baptist.. if memory serves right his children was rebaptized to join. . my self i look at a statement of faith of any church i find online .. but i pretty much know about t he church i visit any how..

sad thing is i am filling in t the Methodist church i was raised in. today i keep reading about the splits due to umc conference support lgbt .. i have some things to bring out sunday .i dont plan on tip toeing LGBT can not be Christains and practice same sex sexuality .. i dont care who says what i got a bible TO BACK IT UP.

Methodist and Presbytry.
I HAVE NOT DEALT WITH UMC THEY HAVE A CONFERENCE sorry caps lol the ucc united church of Christ some.. to be honest i dont need the name Baptist to preach honestly i have seen just enough man made traditions to turn me off . the old timers preached the word . never blinked and eye at any type Baptist Pentecostal etc .. the town i am from back in mid to late 1800 and early 1900 was lumber and mining company town . the owners put in place a congregational church pretty sure that is where big heads of state went.. they built a Baptist church and a Methodist church .

i dont know what type Baptist i doubt it really mattered back then.. in this little town they held revivals in tents packed out attendance, even brush harbor . John 17 Christ prayed for us to be ONE in Him.. not one big umbrella Church where we sing kumbha ya my lord and live happily ever after one Lord faith Baptism works in and through all . if you preach the Bible i will listen to you.. i feel that is what The Lord wants

Micah 6:8

New King James Version

8 He has shown you, O man, what is good;
And what does the Lord require of you
But to do justly,
To love [a]mercy,
And to walk humbly with your God? we follow that we are on the right path.

That's quite a variable that you've juggled.
it is but it has helped me to learn to stand better .. i dont suggest this for just anyone as if not careful it can lead you in the wrong direction . i been burnt hurt in some Churches threatened to quit the ministry .. but when the invite came i crawled back to the pulpit and preached and prayed my way through.. through what you ask ? my doubt my disgust my anger my lack of faith .. i had to P.U.S.H pray until something happened
P.U.S.H.
=======

A man was sleeping at night in his cabin when suddenly his room
filled with light and God appeared. The Lord told the man He
had work for him to do and showed him a large rock in front of
his cabin.

The Lord explained that the man was to push against the rock
with all his might. So, this the man did, day after day.
For many years he toiled from sun up to sun down, his shoulders
set squarely against the cold, massive surface of the unmoving
rock, pushing with all of his might.

Each night the man returned to his cabin sore and worn out,
feeling that his whole day had been spent in vain.

Since the man was showing discouragement, the Adversary (Satan),
decided to enter the picture by placing thoughts into the weary
mind:

"You have been pushing against that rock for a long time, and it
hasn't moved."

Thus, he gave the man the impression that the task was
impossible and that he was a failure. These thoughts
discouraged and disheartened the man.

Satan said, "Why kill yourself over this? Just put in your
time, giving just the minimum effort, and that will be good
enough. That's what the weary man planned to do, but decided to
make it a matter of prayer and to take his troubled thoughts to
the Lord.

“Lord,” he said, "I have labored long and hard in your service,
putting all my strength to do that which you have asked.
Yet, after all this time, I have not even budged that rock by
half a millimeter.

What is wrong?

Why am I failing?”

The Lord responded compassionately, "My friend, when I asked you
to serve Me and you accepted, I told you that your task was to
push against the rock with all of your strength, which you have
done.

Never once did I mention to you that I expected you to move it.

Your task was to push.

And now you come to Me with your strength spent,
thinking that you have failed.

Is that really so?

Look at yourself.

Your arms are strong and muscled,
your back sinewy and brown;
your hands are callused from constant pressure,
your legs have become massive and hard.
Through opposition you have grown much,
and your abilities now surpass that which you used to have.

True, you haven't moved the rock. But your calling was to be
obedient and to push and to exercise your faith and trust in My
wisdom. That you have done.

Now I, my friend, will move the rock."

At times, when we hear a word from God, we tend to use our own
intellect to decipher what He wants, when actually what God
wants is just a simple obedience and faith in Him.

By all means, exercise the faith that moves mountains,
but know that it is still God who moves mountains.

When everything seems to go wrong...just

P.U.S.H.!

When the job gets you down... just P.U.S.H.!

When people don't react the way you think
they should... just P.U.S.H.

When your money is "gone" and the bills are due... just P.U.S.H!

When people just don't understand you... just P.U.S.H.

P= Pray
U= Until
S= Something
H= Happens

~Author Unknown~

Back