Communion for Pro Abortionists

MY KJV of the Bible says in 1 John 3:9-10 ............
"Whosoever is born of God practices not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother."

The Greek word that is translated as practice is once again a present participle, meaning that this is a habitual pattern or KNOWN SIN!. Notice that the children of the devil habitually sin but that is not true of Christians.
that is one of those scriptures that bring attention but see saying this puts a lot of people in Jeopardy of being truly saved . there are what they call addictions one example alcohol. the temptation will always be there. we have to learn through the power of the spirit to curb it. Jesus said it best the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.. granted some use that as a excuse. my whole point is there can be failures and will be. we can struggle with the lust of the flesh. if we have failures KNOWN SIN does that mean not saved?

you skipped over my main point if the answer is no. then many church is wrong in teaching BTW this is not about discrediting the teaching of eternal salvation. many people will get hot under the collar presenting both sides.. i have read it and seen it.

but adult born again children should be able to discuss.
Dear forgiven, I agree.
This way of exchange is a blessing in its reach and scope, but something of a curse in that it is sometimes sterile and so that, too often, much of the friendship, commonality and fellowship is lost in not being face to face.
The sighs, the tone in the voice, the look in the eyes and the smiles are not available to augment the meanings and reaffirm the good intent.
God Bless you and those you love.

Dear Major, since collectively we have wandered so far of topic as to need a day and a night to return, perhaps you will forbear a thought or two.
Now that we’ve entered into a more general discussion of sin, and known sin in particular. Forgive me, I am turning your above example on its head, with your permission.

Good question.

Just for fun mind you, and not intentionally meaning to be argumentative for it’s own sake, but the above example could be seen in the following light:

If I love Chevy’s as much as the person in your example, if I KNOW them to be better to the point I will not own a Ford, then is it not sinful for me to work for you? Because, in selling Fords as a product/idea, am I not sining by advocating a false belief that Ford is superior to Chevys.

Perhaps the right thing is for me to quit and save my soul. 🙂

Thank you blueskies
That gave me a quick moment of lol.

Communion is both a tradition and a ritual of many diverse denominations, sects,and religions.
It can become a form of godliness while denying the power thereof.
That power is the almighty, supreme, creator, God and our worship and obedience to him.

All know that there are many now, who cry, Lord, Lord and yet they DONT KNOW HIM!
Had they know him there would be a FEARFUL looking for of JUDGEMENT and FIREY INDIGNATION, which shall devour the adversaries.

that is one of those scriptures that bring attention but see saying this puts a lot of people in Jeopardy of being truly saved . there are what they call addictions one example alcohol. the temptation will always be there. we have to learn through the power of the spirit to curb it. Jesus said it best the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.. granted some use that as a excuse. my whole point is there can be failures and will be. we can struggle with the lust of the flesh. if we have failures KNOWN SIN does that mean not saved?

you skipped over my main point if the answer is no. then many church is wrong in teaching BTW this is not about discrediting the teaching of eternal salvation. many people will get hot under the collar presenting both sides.. i have read it and seen it.

You seemed to have not read what I posted brother. I said........"WE ALL SIN!"

YES.....We all struggle with the lust of the flesh!!!

That however is not at all what I was talking about in any way. IT MAY BE WHAT YOU are focused on but not what I said.

Again, allow me to illustrate for you. A man who says that he is a Christian, but chooses to live in a homosexual situation, and continue to LIVE the homosexual life style can not be a Christian. That is NOT A MISTAKE. That is NOT A FAILURE. That is NOT STRUGGELING with the lust of the flesh.
That my dear friend is choosing to LIVE IN AND PARTICAPATE IN KNOWN SIN.

Lev. 18:22........
"You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination."

Lev. 20:13.......
"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them."

1 Corth 6:9......
"Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality".

1 Tim. 1:10......
"The sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine".

Now then........the TRUELLY BORN AGAIN person who was involved in homosexuality, will immediatly CONFESS and STOP his KNOWN sin and begin to live the Christian life which is Christ IN HIM, the hope of glory!

Remove the word homosexual and replace it with whatever KNOW SIN a man is doing and you have the correct doctrine......
Abortion
Addiction
Murder
Prostitution.
Liars.
Idolaters.

Last edited:
Dear forgiven, I agree.
This way of exchange is a blessing in its reach and scope, but something of a curse in that it is sometimes sterile and so that, too often, much of the friendship, commonality and fellowship is lost in not being face to face.
The sighs, the tone in the voice, the look in the eyes and the smiles are not available to augment the meanings and reaffirm the good intent.
God Bless you and those you love.

Agreed. The anonymity that the computer screen allows, most of the time lets those who would never say some things.....do so.

Dear Major, since collectively we have wandered so far of topic as to need a day and a night to return, perhaps you will forbear a thought or two.
Now that we’ve entered into a more general discussion of sin, and known sin in particular. Forgive me, I am turning your above example on its head, with your permission.

Good question.

Just for fun mind you, and not intentionally meaning to be argumentative for it’s own sake, but the above example could be seen in the following light:

If I love Chevy’s as much as the person in your example, if I KNOW them to be better to the point I will not own a Ford, then is it not sinful for me to work for you? Because, in selling Fords as a product/idea, am I not sining by advocating a false belief that Ford is superior to Chevys.

Perhaps the right thing is for me to quit and save my soul. 🙂

I totally understand yur point. Good one by the way.

But you see......IMO, it is not about whether or not the Chevy is better than the Ford! That is not my point. Maybe it was a bad illustration????

The point I was advocating is that the OWNER of the car lot who I work for has made a direction to me that because I work for him, and we sell Fords, by owning a Chevy and parking on his lot, I am sinning/disobeying against his direction because he is the owner. I can choose to trade trucks or to stop working for him.

In the same way......God is our owner. We are bought and paid for by Him. When He says that we should not do this or that then we are to do exactly that as best we can.

Communion is both a tradition and a ritual of many diverse denominations, sects,and religions.
It can become a form of godliness while denying the power thereof.
That power is the almighty, supreme, creator, God and our worship and obedience to him.

All know that there are many now, who cry, Lord, Lord and yet they DONT KNOW HIM!
Had they know him there would be a FEARFUL looking for of JUDGEMENT and FIREY INDIGNATION, which shall devour the adversaries.

I agree.

The Southern Baptist Church Convention of which I am a part, has voted at its annual meeting last month for a call to immediately abolish abortion without exception or compromise.

The latest news from our annual meeting indicates from the Resolutions Committee, has begun the outline to start the process of drafting language about the importance of communion and how it will apply to those who accept abortion within the church.

In other words.......the discussion on Communion and those who can not receive it has started!

You seemed to have not read what I posted brother. I said........"WE ALL SIN!"
NO i have not failed to read your not getting my point let me make it plain if a Christian can not have known sin. then come judgment day there going to be a lot of mouths open . sin is sin and 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. if we allow sin to over take us. we fail to confess 1 john 1:9 we fail to repent. odds are we/they was never saved.

if a Christian can not have known sin.. there needs to be some serious doctrine changes. so which is it? i heard a minister preach you can not have sin in your life be saved.. then turned around said but you will never lose it. so i am not agreeing on the can not.

NO i have not failed to read your not getting my point let me make it plain if a Christian can not have known sin. then come judgment day there going to be a lot of mouths open . sin is sin and 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. if we allow sin to over take us. we fail to confess 1 john 1:9 we fail to repent. odds are we/they was never saved.

if a Christian can not have known sin.. there needs to be some serious doctrine changes. so which is it? i heard a minister preach you can not have sin in your life be saved.. then turned around said but you will never lose it. so i am not agreeing on the can not.
You said.........
"if a Christian can not have known sin.. there needs to be some serious doctrine changes. so which is it? i heard a minister preach you can not have sin in your life be saved.. then turned around said but you will never lose it. so i am not agreeing on the can not."

NO, there is not any doctrinal changes needed. The only thing needed is your understanding of the word KNOWN.

You have confused the fact that we all sin because we are sinners with the fact that some people continue to live in or practice a sin that they KNOW is sin but they choose to repent of that KNOWN sin. A deliberate known sin occurs when a person who knows God’s revealed will written in the Bible or on his conscience or spoken to him by the Holy Spirit, chooses deliberately to disobey and continue in that sin.

Again, this has nothing whatsoever to do with OSAS!

It would seem as though ALL DENOMINATIONS are in error on doctrinal stances. I personally do NOT live by any statement of faith of any organisation or any creed.
I believe the bible is God's Holy Spirit inspired word and IT ALONE stands for the doctrine of God !
It does not need to be broken down for man to comprehend. The Spirit is our teacher and will reveal the word.

You said.........
"if a Christian can not have known sin.. there needs to be some serious doctrine changes. so which is it? i heard a minister preach you can not have sin in your life be saved.. then turned around said but you will never lose it. so i am not agreeing on the can not."

NO, there is not any doctrinal changes needed. The only thing needed is your understanding of the word KNOWN.

You have confused the fact that we all sin because we are sinners with the fact that some people continue to live in or practice a sin that they KNOW is sin but they choose to repent of that KNOWN sin. A deliberate known sin occurs when a person who knows God’s revealed will written in the Bible or on his conscience or spoken to him by the Holy Spirit, chooses deliberately to disobey and continue in that sin.

Again, this has nothing whatsoever to do with OSAS!
well apparently i hit a nerve by being clear your take a christian can not have known sin. you made a list. my take is SIN is Sin no matter how we classify sin. . and no i am not on Osas

was they truly saved ? because my point isssss i have heard it taught exactly what i am speaking on. James to him who knows to do good and doesn't is a sin sin of omission and commission tell ya what since i am a thorn in your side by asking . i will drop it you can rest happy trails

well apparently i hit a nerve by being clear your take a christian can not have known sin. you made a list. my take is SIN is Sin no matter how we classify sin. . and no i am not on Osas

was they truly saved ? because my point isssss i have heard it taught exactly what i am speaking on. James to him who knows to do good and doesn't is a sin sin of omission and commission tell ya what since i am a thorn in your side by asking . i will drop it you can rest happy trails

No my brother you did not hit a nerve at all.
Please understand.....You are NOT a thorn in my side or my foot or my ear.
You just seem to be someone whom I can help and I hope you understand that.
Civil discussion is always acceptable so do not put yourself down.
I am always blessed to speak to anyone! At my age, I am just glad to be able to speak at all!!!!!

Now----Yes......Sin is Sin! Doubtless, all sin comes with the sentence of death (Rom. 6:23). In that sense, there is not such thing as a “big” sin or a “little” sin. Christians must be opposed to all sin, starting with the sin in our own lives.

However....Willful/Known sin is presumption and rebellion against God. It is a sin committed when a person knows that he is doing wrong, spits in the face of God and does it CONTINUALLY any way!!!!
Now please take the time to do the study in the law ow of Moses and you will see that in these cases----the sacrificial system provided no atonement for deliberate opposition to the will and commands of God.

As I posted already......A prostitute can not say she is a Christian and keep right on doing that sin she know is rebellion!

This is exactly what Paul told us in Hebrews 10:26......
“For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins”.

Just in case you think that I am on an island all by myself in this, not only am I on the side of the Law of God, Paul is next to me an on the other side is the Apostle Peter as he says for God in 2 Peter 2>20-21.......about those that commit willful/known sin, ......
“if they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and are overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning. It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them”.

It would seem as though ALL DENOMINATIONS are in error on doctrinal stances. I personally do NOT live by any statement of faith of any organisation or any creed.
I believe the bible is God's Holy Spirit inspired word and IT ALONE stands for the doctrine of God !
It does not need to be broken down for man to comprehend. The Spirit is our teacher and will reveal the word.
If there is no statement of faith or doctrine, how do we know what someone’s teaching is based on?

Speaking on the teaching of "Beth Moore" it is noted by "Matt Slick, Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry" = Source that.......
"However, there is NO doctrinal statement, such as we do not see any affirmation of the Trinity, that Jesus is a man now with two natures:divine and human. I could not find anything affirming justification by faith alone in Christ alone or whether or not baptism is necessary for salvation or is not.
It is always helpful for a Christian ministry to have a doctrinal statement because it enables people to quickly see what a person is teaching from. Without one, we have to ask questions regarding what she believes concerning these things. "

Without a doctrinal statement of faith which comes and is based on the Bible, anyone who is a good speaker, and able to sway people with flowing words and emotional comments and get all kinds of followers.

Do you remember Jim Jones???

No my brother you did not hit a nerve at all.
Please understand.....You are NOT a thorn in my side or my foot or my ear.
You just seem to be someone whom I can help and I hope you understand that.
Civil discussion is always acceptable so do not put yourself down.
I am always blessed to speak to anyone! At my age, I am just glad to be able to speak at all!!!!!

Now----Yes......Sin is Sin! Doubtless, all sin comes with the sentence of death (Rom. 6:23). In that sense, there is not such thing as a “big” sin or a “little” sin. Christians must be opposed to all sin, starting with the sin in our own lives.

However....Willful/Known sin is presumption and rebellion against God. It is a sin committed when a person knows that he is doing wrong, spits in the face of God and does it CONTINUALLY any way!!!!
Now please take the time to do the study in the law ow of Moses and you will see that in these cases----the sacrificial system provided no atonement for deliberate opposition to the will and commands of God.

As I posted already......A prostitute can not say she is a Christian and keep right on doing that sin she know is rebellion!

This is exactly what Paul told us in Hebrews 10:26......
“For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins”.

Just in case you think that I am on an island all by myself in this, not only am I on the side of the Law of God, Paul is next to me an on the other side is the Apostle Peter as he says for God in 2 Peter 2>20-21.......about those that commit willful/known sin, ......
“if they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and are overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning. It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them”.
i am in agreement for the most . i have to question teachings i have heard.. i heard a minister say he couldn't die and go to hell if he wanted..... even though i am of the eternal salvation side. there are lines i have to draw. that is one o draw on. willful sin can be committed by a Christian. they must repent or they will perish which is Christ teaching i fully understand what your saying. i just am in disagreement . all the more reason i am saying there going to be a lot of mouths so to speak fall open when they stand at the white throne judgment NOT everyone who says Lord Lord . i have distant kin that is living with her man due to the fact if the get married he loses his med ins through the government. medicate i think it is . he has heart problems i dont know how he feels but her remarks was i am gen baptist i hope it dont send me to hell.. he is southern bapt i have no idea if there is any intimate activity between them. nor do i want to !!!!!

lets face it we all know people are in relationships like this. there are those with drinking problems . that cant seem to shake it its not our job to judge . this is why i say there some teachings that dont line up. such as you can fall into sin stay there still make it but no rewards.

my point is a true blue born again child of God can fall in to known willful sin. but it may take some time but like the prodigal they will come to there senses

many are made up by man.
Dear forgiven,
Respectfully, doctoral statements are the biblically inspired statements or summaries of the faith of men and women which stem from their interpretation the inspired words of scripture. They are based on a summary of the their understanding of key biblical doctrines, which are in harmony with Christian thought, and as such, are meant to protect and anchor the faithful and guide them against biblical and theological drift and error in the ever-changing culture and morals of man’s world.

While hardly perfect, are they a submission to the authority of Scripture, that final authority of Christian faith and practice, and as such they are guided by the best possible and current comprehension of any particular groups understanding of scripture.
God Bless you and those you love

Last edited:
many are made up by man.

Brother.....ALL doctrinal statements are made up by men. They are simple what a certain group of individuals believe and what they will teach those who join their fellowship.

When we read one which denies the Trinity, or the diety of Jesus or the many other Bible doctrines....we RUN away from those institutions!

Back