Can Angels Move Physical Objects?

I'm rather curious about this.
If your answer is 'yes', please provide Scriptural support.
Although angels are spirit beings we are told in scripture that angels can, and have, manifest in physical form. It seems also they can interact on the physical when or if needed, so I would imagine they could move a physical object if they needed to.

Example:
Acts12:7, (KJV)
And, behold, the angel of the Lord came upon him, and a light shined in the prison: and he smote Peter on the side, and raised him up, saying, Arise up quickly. And his chains fell off from his hands.

1 And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground;

2 And he said, Behold now, my lords, turn in, I pray you, into your servant's house, and tarry all night, and wash your feet, and ye shall rise up early, and go on your ways. And they said, Nay; but we will abide in the street all night.

3 And he pressed upon them greatly; and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house; and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat. (Gen. 19:1-3)

Matthew 28:2
Suddenly there was a great earthquake, for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven, rolled away the stone, and sat on it.

I essentially was asking if the realm of spirits ( hence angels) could move physical objects.
With your example of Abraham and the 2 angels, many take the two angels as a theophany. So it is questionable.
Post #7 was a clarification.

Well I dont know for sure crossnote , but do demons count? if so, there is this....

Matt 8; 31-32 NASB
31 And the demons begged Him, saying, “If You are going to cast us out, send us into the herd of pigs.” 32 And He said to them, “Go!” And they came out and went into the pigs; and behold, the whole herd rushed down the steep bank into the sea and [c]drowned in the waters.

So the demons moved the pigs right?

The words 'rolled away' remind me of a chorus we used to sing in church years ago. It went, "Rolled away, rolled away, and the burdens of my heart rolled away." Anyone know it.

He lives, he lives, Christ Jesus lives today, he walks with me and he talks with me along life's narrow way... (Another one.)

Wonderful times of revival led by George Jeffrey's
I think that is from "At the cross".

I am glad you asked and boy am I ever going to give everyone something to talk about.

Personally.....I do not believe that Angels have an earthly ministry today. From the ascension of Jesus to the book of the Revelation where we see that in the "End times" there are many angels, but during the church age, there are NO angels seen after the ascension.

Post #5 is the correct answer, but personally I do not believe that there are angels here on earth today to move anything.

When Jesus ascended, He sent the Holy Spirit, not angels according to the Scriptures.

Well I dont know for sure crossnote , but do demons count? if so, there is this....

Matt 8; 31-32 NASB
31 And the demons begged Him, saying, “If You are going to cast us out, send us into the herd of pigs.” 32 And He said to them, “Go!” And they came out and went into the pigs; and behold, the whole herd rushed down the steep bank into the sea and [c]drowned in the waters.

Seems to me that the pigs moved the pigs!

I am glad you asked and boy am I ever going to give everyone something to talk about.

Personally.....I do not believe that Angels have an earthly ministry today. From the ascension of Jesus to the book of the Revelation where we see that in the "End times" there are many angels, but during the church age, there are NO angels seen after the ascension.

Post #5 is the correct answer, but personally I do not believe that there are angels here on earth today to move anything.

When Jesus ascended, He sent the Holy Spirit, not angels according to the Scriptures.
Seems to me that the pigs moved the pigs!
Well that's consistent, so would you say that demon possession in the Church age is impossible?

Matt 8; 31-32 NASB

I'm sorry Via but sometimes I get no notification when someone replies. (I noticed Major's reply to you which contained your post to me).
Demons are fallen angels. So what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Last edited:

2 Kings 19:35 And it came to pass on a certain night that the angel of the LORD went out, and killed in the camp of the Assyrians one hundred and eighty-five thousand; and when [people] arose early in the morning, there were the corpses--all dead.

Back