Bible Study - Giving up.

dont worry TiC, I type in my problem on google scriptures and google gives me a good result. I use that method so I dont get bogged down with too much over reading and analysing. it works for me most of the time. and I also watch movies that portrays bible characters as too much reading annoys me at times.

I think you'll find what works best for you, in your own time. Different horses for different courses. hugs...
Now just a question..........when anyone types a sentence/thought and goggle or his browser or computer program does its "Spell Check" and shows all the mistakes and wrong punctuations and misspelled words, and the person posting ignores the correction...........................what do we call that, IYO?

Now just a question..........when anyone types a sentence/thought and goggle or his browser or computer program does its "Spell Check" and shows all the mistakes and wrong punctuations and misspelled words, and the person posting ignores the correction...........................what do we call that, IYO?

Pray tell, Major, what is the acronym for IYO? 🤔

I didn't know

Are you studying for exam or pleasure? The key is to study in a way that you find enjoyable. Consider taking a few days off when studying feels less like pleasure and more like work.

I enjoy to study in bursts. For example, I'll read many books in a relatively short period of time, then I will spend at least an equal amount of time processing what I just read. Processing could mean thinking, conversing with others, prayer etc. After this I might decide to read some more, or perhaps I'll take a hiatus of sorts and move on to a completely unrelated subject.

The trick is to not burn out. When I burn out, I grow sarcastic and mean spirited, and that is no good for me or anyone else.

Ultimately there is no incorrect way to study.

Only way I can be sure is if I study Dr. Arnold G. Fruchtenbaum going back to Jewish Roots. I find his material very difficult to understand. I am trying.
I just feel like what's the point if there is only 1 way to study, and Christianity has it all wrong with [only Dr. Arnold G. Fruchtenbaum] is right. I am deeply hurt and I don't even want to study anymore. I guess I have it "all wrong." I'm never going to get it :(
Hmm, I have read two of Fruchtenbaum's works and was very blessed, Israelology (The Missing Link in Systematic Theology)
and The Footsteps of the Messiah. They were both eye openers, especially Israelology. (imagine, overlooking Israel as a topic, when studying the Bible.
I don't recall any S.O.A.P. technique in his teachings though.

Hmm, I have read two of Fruchtenbaum's works and was very blessed, Israelology (The Missing Link in Systematic Theology)
and The Footsteps of the Messiah. They were both eye openers, especially Israelology. (imagine, overlooking Israel as a topic, when studying the Bible.
I don't recall any S.O.A.P. technique in his teachings though.

They weren't. It was just a method I used to study.

Back