Anybody Else Want To Study The Book Of Daniel?

If you read the 2nd link of which I copied and pasted they were speculating line of David - which could conceivably be a different branch of the bloodline. If Daniel is of the tribe of Judah and of noble birth..it would follow logically he had some of David's blood?

Let me snip: Now among these there were four of the family of Zedekiah, of the most excellent dispositions, the one of whom was called Daniel... (Josephus, Antiquities 18.186-189)One reason this is so significant (for those of you who may be wondering) is that if Daniel was actually a member of the family of Zedekiah--and thus an heir to the Davidic throne--then all of the "kingdom" imagery in the book of Daniel may not be simply generic "apocalyptic" imagery. It may in fact be (coded) Davidic imagery, and hence, by definition, messianic imagery.All this plays into the debate over whether the "son of Man" in Daniel 7 is in fact the Messiah. Although the text does not explicitly say he is the "messiah" (although cf. Dan 9:24-27), if the "kingdom and dominion" that he receives is in fact the Davidic kingdom--and if it is an heir to the Davidic throne who is having this vision--then this is clearly a messianic text (which is how all the ancient Jews interpreted it, pace Joseph Fitzmyer). We'll do future posts on this, I'm sure, but let me just throw something out:In Daniel 7; the "son of Man" comes and slays the beasts, in particular "the lion" (Babylonian empire) and "the bear" (the Medo-Persian empire), and then receives the "kingdom." Can you think of any other person who was famous for slaying "lions and bears" before he was elevated to receive a "kingdom"? I'll give you a hint... He's in the books of Samuel.

OK - I misunderstood. My 2 links showed one thinking Daniel was a eunich, another not necessarily so. And that the name Daniel means "God is my judge". Possibilities that Daniel was of noble birth, maybe of the line of David. As teenagers, they would have been studying Torah, right? I admit I am not up on Jewish dietary laws but what I get from this 1st chapter is that there is a way to follow God's Will, even in the most difficult if not impossible circumstances.

That seems very likely as they knew about the name change and dietary laws.

Yes! God always makes a way when we are obedient.

If you read the 2nd link of which I copied and pasted they were speculating line of David - which could conceivably be a different branch of the bloodline. If Daniel is of the tribe of Judah and of noble birth..it would follow logically he had some of David's blood?

Let me snip: Now among these there were four of the family of Zedekiah, of the most excellent dispositions, the one of whom was called Daniel... (Josephus, Antiquities 18.186-189)One reason this is so significant (for those of you who may be wondering) is that if Daniel was actually a member of the family of Zedekiah--and thus an heir to the Davidic throne--then all of the "kingdom" imagery in the book of Daniel may not be simply generic "apocalyptic" imagery. It may in fact be (coded) Davidic imagery, and hence, by definition, messianic imagery.All this plays into the debate over whether the "son of Man" in Daniel 7 is in fact the Messiah. Although the text does not explicitly say he is the "messiah" (although cf. Dan 9:24-27), if the "kingdom and dominion" that he receives is in fact the Davidic kingdom--and if it is an heir to the Davidic throne who is having this vision--then this is clearly a messianic text (which is how all the ancient Jews interpreted it, pace Joseph Fitzmyer). We'll do future posts on this, I'm sure, but let me just throw something out:In Daniel 7; the "son of Man" comes and slays the beasts, in particular "the lion" (Babylonian empire) and "the bear" (the Medo-Persian empire), and then receives the "kingdom." Can you think of any other person who was famous for slaying "lions and bears" before he was elevated to receive a "kingdom"? I'll give you a hint... He's in the books of Samuel.

I do not think so. It seems more like "wanting it to be" than it is in reality. I personally do not see a Messianic imagery in Daniel.

Again.....when we read the genealogy of the Messiah Jesus in Matt. and Luke, Daniel is not found.

We must always be very carful not to "Force" something we like into the Scriptures. It may for a short time make us feel good, but I promise that in the long run it will mess up a lot of other things.

Well, I'm not saying it but I don't think it's forcing either. If Daniel had no offspring, he would still be of the line of David without direct connection to the line going down to Christ - nor would he be mentioned. So far, I don't see any davidic code or messiah hints .....so. I never thought before about Daniel being either a eunich or of the tribe of Judah. There does seem to be a number of major prophets from the tribe of Judah from what I sped read on google. On talking about lineage - John the Baptist was cousin to Christ but also of the Levite tribe?

Still would like to study this
Yeh...I know I did not forget about you or this topic....Acutualy, the adult class in my sunday schoolchurch is studing Daniel as well...

I just have to find time to be here too...lol...

Hopefully in january! God bless!

OK...so we had finished Chapter one....so here is Chapter 2

Dan 2:1 And in the second year of the reign of Nebuchadnezzar Nebuchadnezzar dreamed dreams, wherewith his spirit was troubled, and his sleep brake from him.
Dan 2:2 Then the king commanded to call the magicians, and the astrologers, and the sorcerers, and the Chaldeans, for to shew the king his dreams. So they came and stood before the king.
Dan 2:3 And the king said unto them, I have dreamed a dream, and my spirit was troubled to know the dream.
Dan 2:4 Then spake the Chaldeans to the king in Syriack, O king, live for ever: tell thy servants the dream, and we will shew the interpretation.
Dan 2:5 The king answered and said to the Chaldeans, The thing is gone from me: if ye will not make known unto me the dream, with the interpretation thereof, ye shall be cut in pieces, and your houses shall be made a dunghill.
Dan 2:6 But if ye shew the dream, and the interpretation thereof, ye shall receive of me gifts and rewards and great honour: therefore shew me the dream, and the interpretation thereof.
Dan 2:7 They answered again and said, Let the king tell his servants the dream, and we will shew the interpretation of it.
Dan 2:8 The king answered and said, I know of certainty that ye would gain the time, because ye see the thing is gone from me.
Dan 2:9 But if ye will not make known unto me the dream, there is but one decree for you: for ye have prepared lying and corrupt words to speak before me, till the time be changed: therefore tell me the dream, and I shall know that ye can shew me the interpretation thereof.
Dan 2:10 The Chaldeans answered before the king, and said, There is not a man upon the earth that can shew the king's matter: therefore there is no king, lord, nor ruler, that asked such things at any magician, or astrologer, or Chaldean.
Dan 2:11 And it is a rare thing that the king requireth, and there is none other that can shew it before the king, except the gods, whose dwelling is not with flesh.
Dan 2:12 For this cause the king was angry and very furious, and commanded to destroy all the wise men of Babylon.
Dan 2:13 And the decree went forth that the wise men should be slain; and they sought Daniel and his fellows to be slain.
Dan 2:14 Then Daniel answered with counsel and wisdom to Arioch the captain of the king's guard, which was gone forth to slay the wise men of Babylon:
Dan 2:15 He answered and said to Arioch the king's captain, Why is the decree so hasty from the king? Then Arioch made the thing known to Daniel.
Dan 2:16 Then Daniel went in, and desired of the king that he would give him time, and that he would shew the king the interpretation.
Dan 2:17 Then Daniel went to his house, and made the thing known to Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah, his companions:
Dan 2:18 That they would desire mercies of the God of heaven concerning this secret; that Daniel and his fellows should not perish with the rest of the wise men of Babylon.
Dan 2:19 Then was the secret revealed unto Daniel in a night vision. Then Daniel blessed the God of heaven.
Dan 2:20 Daniel answered and said, Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever: for wisdom and might are his:
Dan 2:21 And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:
Dan 2:22 He revealeth the deep and secret things: he knoweth what is in the darkness, and the light dwelleth with him.
Dan 2:23 I thank thee, and praise thee, O thou God of my fathers, who hast given me wisdom and might, and hast made known unto me now what we desired of thee: for thou hast now made known unto us the king's matter.
Dan 2:24 Therefore Daniel went in unto Arioch, whom the king had ordained to destroy the wise men of Babylon: he went and said thus unto him; Destroy not the wise men of Babylon: bring me in before the king, and I will shew unto the king the interpretation.
Dan 2:25 Then Arioch brought in Daniel before the king in haste, and said thus unto him, I have found a man of the captives of Judah, that will make known unto the king the interpretation.
Dan 2:26 The king answered and said to Daniel, whose name was Belteshazzar, Art thou able to make known unto me the dream which I have seen, and the interpretation thereof?
Dan 2:27 Daniel answered in the presence of the king, and said, The secret which the king hath demanded cannot the wise men, the astrologers, the magicians, the soothsayers, shew unto the king;
Dan 2:28 But there is a God in heaven that revealeth secrets, and maketh known to the king Nebuchadnezzar what shall be in the latter days. Thy dream, and the visions of thy head upon thy bed, are these;
Dan 2:29 As for thee, O king, thy thoughts came into thy mind upon thy bed, what should come to pass hereafter: and he that revealeth secrets maketh known to thee what shall come to pass.
Dan 2:30 But as for me, this secret is not revealed to me for any wisdom that I have more than any living, but for their sakes that shall make known the interpretation to the king, and that thou mightest know the thoughts of thy heart.
Dan 2:31 Thou, O king, sawest, and behold a great image. This great image, whose brightness was excellent, stood before thee; and the form thereof was terrible.
Dan 2:32 This image's head was of fine gold, his breast and his arms of silver, his belly and his thighs of brass,
Dan 2:33 His legs of iron, his feet part of iron and part of clay.
Dan 2:34 Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces.
Dan 2:35 Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth.
Dan 2:36 This is the dream; and we will tell the interpretation thereof before the king.
Dan 2:37 Thou, O king, art a king of kings: for the God of heaven hath given thee a kingdom, power, and strength, and glory.
Dan 2:38 And wheresoever the children of men dwell, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the heaven hath he given into thine hand, and hath made thee ruler over them all. Thou art this head of gold.
Dan 2:39 And after thee shall arise another kingdom inferior to thee, and another third kingdom of brass, which shall bear rule over all the earth.
Dan 2:40 And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron: forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things: and as iron that breaketh all these, shall it break in pieces and bruise.
Dan 2:41 And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters' clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay.
Dan 2:42 And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken.
Dan 2:43 And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay.
Dan 2:44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.
Dan 2:45 Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.
Dan 2:46 Then the king Nebuchadnezzar fell upon his face, and worshipped Daniel, and commanded that they should offer an oblation and sweet odours unto him.
Dan 2:47 The king answered unto Daniel, and said, Of a truth it is, that your God is a God of gods, and a Lord of kings, and a revealer of secrets, seeing thou couldest reveal this secret.
Dan 2:48 Then the king made Daniel a great man, and gave him many great gifts, and made him ruler over the whole province of Babylon, and chief of the governors over all the wise men of Babylon.
Dan 2:49 Then Daniel requested of the king, and he set Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, over the affairs of the province of Babylon: but Daniel sat in the gate of the king.

And here is the1bill's thoughts on Daniel 2 (I copied and pasted below)

Dan 2:1 Now in the second year of the reign of Nebuchadnezzar, Nebuchadnezzar had dreams; and his spirit was troubled and his sleep left him.
Dan 2:2 Then the king gave orders to call in the magicians, the conjurers, the sorcerers and the Chaldeans to tell the king his dreams. So they came in and stood before the king.
Dan 2:3 The king said to them, "I had a dream and my spirit is anxious to understand the dream."
Dan 2:4 Then the Chaldeans spoke to the king in Aramaic: "O king, live forever! Tell the dream to your servants, and we will declare the interpretation."
Nebuchadnezzar became the king of Babylon in 605ad and in that same year, he invades and captures Judah and it is important to remember that Daniel and his mates were enrolled in a Three Year College Course at the time of these events. Most teachers and Preachers, I've heard teach this, get the time line all confused on this. (Just today. Mar. 12, 2013, God must have slapped my head because I, now, see it.) Remember this for the first few chapters, it matters.
The King has been around the court long enough to have learned how the Court Jesters (conjurers, the sorcerers and the Chaldeans) pull off some of their tricks and he wants the true answer.

There is a Life Application here that Saved and Lost, alike, must learn, “You cannot trust Witches and Sooth Sayers. The King hit them up beside the head with one they did not see coming. Daniel has not been more than and perhaps, less than, a year in his training for the King's service and they cannot know of his God given ability yet. Now, Ole Neb has, no doubt, grown up with all the Urban and Country Legends of the “Great Fortune Tellers” of old and from the text it is clear he is a believer in such but he has also watched the Court Jesters entertain, also!

The Court Jesters just need to figure out how they are going to convince the King they are not what they are and escape certain death.
Dan 2:5 The king replied to the Chaldeans, "The command from me is firm: if you do not make known to me the dream and its interpretation, you will be torn limb from limb and your houses will be made a rubbish heap.
Dan 2:6 "But if you declare the dream and its interpretation, you will receive from me gifts and a reward and great honor; therefore declare to me the dream and its interpretation."
Dan 2:7 They answered a second time and said, "Let the king tell the dream to his servants, and we will declare the interpretation."
These men are desperate! They do not know the One True God and have only the same powers available to any of us and I can tell you truthfully, had I never read the book of Daniel I should have no idea what the king had dreamed.

From this passage we should learn an important life lesson worthy of being taught to every member of the Human Race. There is a world full of knowledge that, as individuals, we might never know. If we consider this passage in conjunction with the story of the Tower of Babel it becomes, quite, clear about why God confused the tongues of everyone. When the World's population exchanged ideas freely there was not only nothing they could dream up, there also was nothing short of death to contain their efforts.

In this case, the King, obviously, thinks and believes he has, at the least, seen cases where dreams were known and explained by another. That places these, ordinary, human-beings between the proverbial rock and a hard spot. Nebuchadnezzar, left alone, is about to prove these men to be charlatans.
Dan 2:8 The king replied, "I know for certain that you are bargaining for time, inasmuch as you have seen that the command from me is firm,
Dan 2:9 that if you do not make the dream known to me, there is only one decree for you. For you have agreed together to speak lying and corrupt words before me until the situation is changed; therefore tell me the dream, that I may know that you can declare to me its interpretation."
Dan 2:10 The Chaldeans answered the king and said, "There is not a man on earth who could declare the matter for the king, inasmuch as no great king or ruler has ever asked anything like this of any magician, conjurer or Chaldean.
Dan 2:11 "Moreover, the thing which the king demands is difficult, and there is no one else who could declare it to the king except gods, whose dwelling place is not with mortal flesh."
Suddenly King Nebuchadnezzar makes the truth obvious to them, leaving no wiggle room. These men have homes, full of children and their wives, perhaps, even more, and all of them, even the building, is in danger from the king and his wrath. They have as much as agreed with the king that they are not what they present themselves to be and Nebuchadnezzar is not a happy man.

Just like these men, when we build our castles on the shifting sand we are bound for disaster. i.e. When my wife and I bought our Mobile Home and land, we never meant to move it but the Sandy Loam it is seated on had different ideas. For about ten years I had to, periodically, jack parts of the frame up and shim it to remain there so we could open and cloise the front door. Eight years later, we are blessed by the LORD because it has remained stable as I have become crippled.

These shamen have not allowed for the need, in my case a jack and shims, and in their case, the need of God, the living God! As you shop, as you go to work or as you enter the Theater, look around you. Are you like these, unprepared to approach God with you every need? Or, are you another Daniel or maybe another poor farmer like the Powerful Dynomo, Elijah? Are you available for God to use?
Dan 2:12 Because of this the king became indignant and very furious and gave orders to destroy all the wise men of Babylon.
Dan 2:13 So the decree went forth that the wise men should be slain; and they looked for Daniel and his friends to kill them.
Dan 2:14 Then Daniel replied with discretion and discernment to Arioch, the captain of the king's bodyguard, who had gone forth to slay the wise men of Babylon;
Dan 2:15 he said to Arioch, the king's commander, "For what reason is the decree from the king so urgent?" Then Arioch informed Daniel about the matter.
Dan 2:16 So Daniel went in and requested of the king that he would give him time, in order that he might declare the interpretation to the king.
Dan 2:17 Then Daniel went to his house and informed his friends, Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah, about the matter,
Dan 2:18 so that they might request compassion from the God of heaven concerning this mystery, so that Daniel and his friends would not be destroyed with the rest of the wise men of Babylon.
Whenwe begin to study the Word of God we must remember, always, to pray and to submit to the teaching and the leading of the Holy Spirit. As I began this read of Daniel 2 I was struck, a head slap, by the Holy Spirit with a truth I had never seen before, King Nebuchadnezzar had not been king for two years yet, maybe just over a years and I, like all human beings jumed to a conclusion. Before I reread this passage I had Daniel and cohorts safe from the decree because they had just began their courses in the King's College.

I am rebuked by folks calling themselves Christian, al the time, for what I have just done, put it into context and the context is the entire Bible from, “In the beginning...” through the very last “Amen” of the Revelation of Jesus, chapter 22. It is my view that all great and small heresies begin with jerking a scripture or a small group of scripture out of context.

Daniel leans from the executioner that he, his friends and all the Courts Jesters are going to die because the King's Advisors have been revealed to be fools. Daniel seeks to and is granted to appear before the Throne to be given time to get the answer for the King. When it is granted, David went straight to the Boys in the Hood and enlisted them in the Group Effort to pray for the Answer from the source, God.
Dan 2:19 Then the mystery was revealed to Daniel in a night vision. Then Daniel blessed the God of heaven;
Dan 2:20 Daniel said, "Let the name of God be blessed forever and ever, For wisdom and power belong to Him.
Dan 2:21 "It is He who changes the times and the epochs; He removes kings and establishes kings; He gives wisdom to wise men And knowledge to men of understanding.
Dan 2:22 "It is He who reveals the profound and hidden things; He knows what is in the darkness, And the light dwells with Him.
Dan 2:23 "To You, O God of my fathers, I give thanks and praise, For You have given me wisdom and power; Even now You have made known to me what we requested of You, For You have made known to us the king's matter."
Notice, please, Daniel did not run straight to the king with the answer! Daniel fell on his face, in Thankful Worship to the Giver of everything! This, if you never learn another thing from the Book of Daniel, is one Life Application you cannot live a proper life without learning. Far to often (I am guilty also) we run off after God answers our prayer and forget Him.

A short Bill parable is due here for an example. The 30,000 lb over loaded driver is approacnhing an intersection at 93 mph and his brakes have failed and the drivers, all six cars, are parked there at the Red Light and the stream from both directions is unending. Right away he prays, “LORD, get me out f this with no death and I'll go anywhere you lead.” Just then the light goes green and he says, “Never mind LORD, I've got this one!”

That is one way we abuse God and shame on every one of us.
Dan 2:24 Therefore, Daniel went in to Arioch, whom the king had appointed to destroy the wise men of Babylon; he went and spoke to him as follows: "Do not destroy the wise men of Babylon! Take me into the king's presence, and I will declare the interpretation to the king."
Dan 2:25 Then Arioch hurriedly brought Daniel into the king's presence and spoke to him as follows: "I have found a man among the exiles from Judah who can make the interpretation known to the king!"
Dan 2:26 The king said to Daniel, whose name was Belteshazzar, "Are you able to make known to me the dream which I have seen and its interpretation?"
Dan 2:27 Daniel answered before the king and said, "As for the mystery about which the king has inquired, neither wise men, conjurers, magicians nor diviners are able to declare it to the king.
Dan 2:28 "However, there is a God in heaven who reveals mysteries, and He has made known to King Nebuchadnezzar what will take place in the latter days. This was your dream and the visions in your mind while on your bed.
Dan 2:29 "As for you, O king, while on your bed your thoughts turned to what would take place in the future; and He who reveals mysteries has made known to you what will take place.
Dan 2:30 "But as for me, this mystery has not been revealed to me for any wisdom residing in me more than in any other living man, but for the purpose of making the interpretation known to the king, and that you may understand the thoughts of your mind.
Right off the bat Daniel continues to worship his Saviour and in the presence of the man holding the power of life and death over him. Daniel is in the perfect position to glorify himself but instead pours out all the glory to his God... at the feet of the man thatr has taken his nation, captive, and believes inpagan gods. Daniel demonstrates a great deal of trust in God and would be considered brave by both believer and unbeliever. Forty or more times we are instructed to “fear not” by God in the scriptures and yet it seems to be the number one most difficult imperative from our God from God.

Just like Daniel, the day my career ended, after my wife had already been forcefully retired because of disability, I prayed. Was I worried... you bet cha I was, we had just figured what to cut back to get by and then the other shoe hit the floor putting all our plans to naught. We, first, determined not to cease giving of our tithes and of ourselves and although it took some time to see it, God was at work, already, and we never missed a meal because of our circumstances.

Daniel, my wife and I were taken to our Brook Kerith, just as Elijah was when he was sentenced to death by Jezebel. One thing I believe every Christian should undertake is a study of the men of the Bible, from it great lessons for life... our life are there to be learned and applied to ours.
Dan 2:31 "You, O king, were looking and behold, there was a single great statue; that statue, which was large and of extraordinary splendor, was standing in front of you, and its appearance was awesome.
Dan 2:32 "The head of that statue was made of fine gold, its breast and its arms of silver, its belly and its thighs of bronze,
Dan 2:33 its legs of iron, its feet partly of iron and partly of clay.
Dan 2:34 "You continued looking until a stone was cut out without hands, and it struck the statue on its feet of iron and clay and crushed them.
Dan 2:35 "Then the iron, the clay, the bronze, the silver and the gold were crushed all at the same time and became like chaff from the summer threshing floors; and the wind carried them away so that not a trace of them was found. But the stone that struck the statue became a great mountain and filled the whole earth.
Dan 2:36 "This was the dream; now we will tell its interpretation before the king.
Dan 2:37 "You, O king, are the king of kings, to whom the God of heaven has given the kingdom, the power, the strength and the glory;
Dan 2:38 and wherever the sons of men dwell, or the beasts of the field, or the birds of the sky, He has given them into your hand and has caused you to rule over them all. You are the head of gold.
Dan 2:39 "After you there will arise another kingdom inferior to you, then another third kingdom of bronze, which will rule over all the earth.
Dan 2:40 "Then there will be a fourth kingdom as strong as iron; inasmuch as iron crushes and shatters all things, so, like iron that breaks in pieces, it will crush and break all these in pieces.
Dan 2:41 "In that you saw the feet and toes, partly of potter's clay and partly of iron, it will be a divided kingdom; but it will have in it the toughness of iron, inasmuch as you saw the iron mixed with common clay.
Dan 2:42 "As the toes of the feet were partly of iron and partly of pottery, so some of the kingdom will be strong and part of it will be brittle.
Dan 2:43 "And in that you saw the iron mixed with common clay, they will combine with one another in the seed of men; but they will not adhere to one another, even as iron does not combine with pottery.
Dan 2:44 "In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which will never be destroyed, and that kingdom will not be left for another people; it will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, but it will itself endure forever.
Dan 2:45 "Inasmuch as you saw that a stone was cut out of the mountain without hands and that it crushed the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver and the gold, the great God has made known to the king what will take place in the future; so the dream is true and its interpretation is trustworthy."
I can just imagine King Nebuchadnezzar sitting there with his mouth slightly agape only because his hand keeps it from falling closer to the Throne Room floor. Because our Saviour, the Creator of all that is, has given Daniel the dream and it's interpretation, he has just recounted it to the king without a single flaw and then told the king he had been blessed by the God of the world with the knowledge of the future.
Dan 2:46 Then King Nebuchadnezzar fell on his face and did homage to Daniel, and gave orders to present to him an offering and fragrant incense.
Dan 2:47 The king answered Daniel and said, "Surely your God is a God of gods and a Lord of kings and a revealer of mysteries, since you have been able to reveal this mystery."
Dan 2:48 Then the king promoted Daniel and gave him many great gifts, and he made him ruler over the whole province of Babylon and chief prefect over all the wise men of Babylon.
Dan 2:49 And Daniel made request of the king, and he appointed Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego over the administration of the province of Babylon, while Daniel was at the king's court.
There have always been rewards for, faithfully, following God and here we find a great example. These four young Jewish men have, by no measure finished their second year of their three years King's College and they are promoted, say, mid-term., to the very best and most important positions.

We need to look at this chapter and be inspired to do a Spiritual Inventory of our commitment to God. To begin, “How sold out to God are you?”
Bond servant,
Bill Taylor

The famous dream of Nebuchadnezzar!! I don't remember how many times I have read these passages....and yet - I get a bit of time away only to find my mind has reset to what I remember from childhood. I don't remember ole Neb saying that he needed both the dream and the interpetation because the dream had got away from him. I always thought Neb. was being coy/smart/clever/hard to get along with. But I dunno how many times I have woken up and had a dream and it's details grow fuzzy and just disappear in seconds. I also never remember that Daniel's or his 3 friends are in danger from the King's edict. And I'm not sure why they would be - they weren't into occult practices? Were they considered the wise guys (grin) of the real God? In any event - I never recall that Daniel asks for time and then all 4 youths pray for the answer. And do they save the other wise guys, too?

Anyways - I thought I'd do a keyword search on dreams (evil grin) to see what I might see. The most matches throughout the bible is in Genesis - Daniel runs a very close second.

Gen_20:3 But God came to Abimelech in a dream by night, and said to him, Behold, thou art but a dead man, for the woman which thou hast taken; for she is a man's wife.
Gen_20:6 And God said unto him in a dream, Yea, I know that thou didst this in the integrity of thy heart; for I also withheld thee from sinning against me: therefore suffered I thee not to touch her.
Gen_31:10 And it came to pass at the time that the cattle conceived, that I lifted up mine eyes, and saw in a dream, and, behold, the rams which leaped upon the cattle were ringstraked, speckled, and grisled.
Gen_31:11 And the angel of God spake unto me in a dream, saying, Jacob: And I said, Here am I.
Gen_31:24 And God came to Laban the Syrian in a dream by night, and said unto him, Take heed that thou speak not to Jacob either good or bad.
Gen_37:5 And Joseph dreamed a dream, and he told it his brethren: and they hated him yet the more.
Gen_37:6 And he said unto them, Hear, I pray you, this dream which I have dreamed:
Gen_37:9 And he dreamed yet another dream, and told it his brethren, and said, Behold, I have dreamed a dream more; and, behold, the sun and the moon and the eleven stars made obeisance to me.
Gen_37:10 And he told it to his father, and to his brethren: and his father rebuked him, and said unto him, What is this dream that thou hast dreamed? Shall I and thy mother and thy brethren indeed come to bow down ourselves to thee to the earth?
Gen_40:5 And they dreamed a dream both of them, each man his dream in one night, each man according to the interpretation of his dream, the butler and the baker of the king of Egypt, which were bound in the prison.
Gen_40:8 And they said unto him, We have dreamed a dream, and there is no interpreter of it. And Joseph said unto them, Do not interpretations belong to God? tell me them, I pray you.
Gen_40:9 And the chief butler told his dream to Joseph, and said to him, In my dream, behold, a vine was before me;
Gen_40:16 When the chief baker saw that the interpretation was good, he said unto Joseph, I also was in my dream, and, behold, I had three white baskets on my head:
Gen_41:7 And the seven thin ears devoured the seven rank and full ears. And Pharaoh awoke, and, behold, it was a dream.
Gen_41:8 And it came to pass in the morning that his spirit was troubled; and he sent and called for all the magicians of Egypt, and all the wise men thereof: and Pharaoh told them his dream; but there was none that could interpret them unto Pharaoh.
Gen_41:11 And we dreamed a dream in one night, I and he; we dreamed each man according to the interpretation of his dream.
Gen_41:12 And there was there with us a young man, an Hebrew, servant to the captain of the guard; and we told him, and he interpreted to us our dreams; to each man according to his dream he did interpret.
Gen_41:15 And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, I have dreamed a dream, and there is none that can interpret it: and I have heard say of thee, that thou canst understand a dream to interpret it.
Gen_41:17 And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, In my dream, behold, I stood upon the bank of the river:
Gen_41:22 And I saw in my dream, and, behold, seven ears came up in one stalk, full and good:
Gen_41:25 And Joseph said unto Pharaoh, The dream of Pharaoh is one: God hath shewed Pharaoh what he is about to do.
Gen_41:26 The seven good kine are seven years; and the seven good ears are seven years: the dream is one.
Gen_41:32 And for that the dream was doubled unto Pharaoh twice; it is because the thing is established by God, and God will shortly bring it to pass.
Num_12:6 And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.
Jdg_7:13 And when Gideon was come, behold, there was a man that told a dream unto his fellow, and said, Behold, I dreamed a dream, and, lo, a cake of barley bread tumbled into the host of Midian, and came unto a tent, and smote it that it fell, and overturned it, that the tent lay along.
Jdg_7:15 And it was so, when Gideon heard the telling of the dream, and the interpretation thereof, that he worshipped, and returned into the host of Israel, and said, Arise; for the LORD hath delivered into your hand the host of Midian.
1Ki_3:5 In Gibeon the LORD appeared to Solomon in a dream by night: and God said, Ask what I shall give thee.
1Ki_3:15 And Solomon awoke; and, behold, it was a dream. And he came to Jerusalem, and stood before the ark of the covenant of the LORD, and offered up burnt offerings, and offered peace offerings, and made a feast to all his servants.
Job_20:8 He shall fly away as a dream, and shall not be found: yea, he shall be chased away as a vision of the night.
Job_33:15 In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed;
Psa_73:20 As a dream when one awaketh; so, O Lord, when thou awakest, thou shalt despise their image.
Psa_126:1 A Song of degrees. When the LORD turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream.
Ecc_5:3 For a dream cometh through the multitude of business; and a fool's voice is known by multitude of words.
Isa_29:7 And the multitude of all the nations that fight against Ariel, even all that fight against her and her munition, and that distress her, shall be as a dream of a night vision.
Jer_23:28 The prophet that hath a dream, let him tell a dream; and he that hath my word, let him speak my word faithfully. What is the chaff to the wheat? saith the LORD.
Dan_2:3 And the king said unto them, I have dreamed a dream, and my spirit was troubled to know the dream.
Dan_2:4 Then spake the Chaldeans to the king in Syriack, O king, live for ever: tell thy servants the dream, and we will shew the interpretation.
Dan_2:5 The king answered and said to the Chaldeans, The thing is gone from me: if ye will not make known unto me the dream, with the interpretation thereof, ye shall be cut in pieces, and your houses shall be made a dunghill.
Dan_2:6 But if ye shew the dream, and the interpretation thereof, ye shall receive of me gifts and rewards and great honour: therefore shew me the dream, and the interpretation thereof.
Dan_2:7 They answered again and said, Let the king tell his servants the dream, and we will shew the interpretation of it.
Dan_2:9 But if ye will not make known unto me the dream, there is but one decree for you: for ye have prepared lying and corrupt words to speak before me, till the time be changed: therefore tell me the dream, and I shall know that ye can shew me the interpretation thereof.
Dan_2:26 The king answered and said to Daniel, whose name was Belteshazzar, Art thou able to make known unto me the dream which I have seen, and the interpretation thereof?
Dan_2:28 But there is a God in heaven that revealeth secrets, and maketh known to the king Nebuchadnezzar what shall be in the latter days. Thy dream, and the visions of thy head upon thy bed, are these;
Dan_2:36 This is the dream; and we will tell the interpretation thereof before the king.
Dan_2:45 Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.
Dan_4:5 I saw a dream which made me afraid, and the thoughts upon my bed and the visions of my head troubled me.
Dan_4:6 Therefore made I a decree to bring in all the wise men of Babylon before me, that they might make known unto me the interpretation of the dream.
Dan_4:7 Then came in the magicians, the astrologers, the Chaldeans, and the soothsayers: and I told the dream before them; but they did not make known unto me the interpretation thereof.
Dan_4:8 But at the last Daniel came in before me, whose name was Belteshazzar, according to the name of my god, and in whom is the spirit of the holy gods: and before him I told the dream, saying,
Dan_4:9 O Belteshazzar, master of the magicians, because I know that the spirit of the holy gods is in thee, and no secret troubleth thee, tell me the visions of my dream that I have seen, and the interpretation thereof.
Dan_4:18 This dream I king Nebuchadnezzar have seen. Now thou, O Belteshazzar, declare the interpretation thereof, forasmuch as all the wise men of my kingdom are not able to make known unto me the interpretation: but thou art able; for the spirit of the holy gods is in thee.
Dan_4:19 Then Daniel, whose name was Belteshazzar, was astonied for one hour, and his thoughts troubled him. The king spake, and said, Belteshazzar, let not the dream, or the interpretation thereof, trouble thee. Belteshazzar answered and said, My lord, the dream be to them that hate thee, and the interpretation thereof to thine enemies.
Dan_7:1 In the first year of Belshazzar king of Babylon Daniel had a dream and visions of his head upon his bed: then he wrote the dream, and told the sum of the matters.
Joe_2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
Mat_1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
Mat_2:12 And being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed into their own country another way.
Mat_2:13 And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him.
Mat_2:19 But when Herod was dead, behold, an angel of the Lord appeareth in a dream to Joseph in Egypt,
Mat_2:22 But when he heard that Archelaus did reign in Judaea in the room of his father Herod, he was afraid to go thither: notwithstanding, being warned of God in a dream, he turned aside into the parts of Galilee:
Mat_27:19 When he was set down on the judgment seat, his wife sent unto him, saying, Have thou nothing to do with that just man: for I have suffered many things this day in a dream because of him.
Act_2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
61 verses found, 74 matches

Genesis 23 verses found 29 matches
Numbers 1 verse found 1 match
Judges 2 verses found 3 matches
1 Kings 2 verses found 2 matches
Job 2 verses found 2 matches
Psalms 2 verses found 2 matches
Ecclesiastes 1 verse found 1 match
Isaiah 1 verse found 1 match
Jeremiah 1 verse found 2 matches
Daniel 18 verses found 23 matches
Joel 1 verse found 1 match
Matthew 6 verses found 6 matches
Acts 1 verse found 1 match

The First Mention of dream in Gen 20:3 and has God coming to another King in a dream. Abraham in traveling thru Abimalech's kingdom, told the King that Sarai was his sister, not that she was his wife. Other than Kings got the dream and the matters concerned truth & deceit, I'm not sure I see a lot of commonality except the kings dreams benefitted Abraham and Daniel. I read somewhere that Sarai was Abraham's 1/2 sister? And there is no prophecy in the first dream. King Neb's dream has been said to go from Neb's time to Christ's 2nd coming. Surely we are at the feet of clay stage?

Ends time are we? Daniel 12:9-10 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.
Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

The First Mention of dream in Gen 20:3 and has God coming to another King in a dream. Abraham in traveling thru Abimalech's kingdom, told the King that Sarai was his sister, not that she was his wife. Other than Kings got the dream and the matters concerned truth & deceit, I'm not sure I see a lot of commonality except the kings dreams benefitted Abraham and Daniel. I read somewhere that Sarai was Abraham's 1/2 sister? And there is no prophecy in the first dream. King Neb's dream has been said to go from Neb's time to Christ's 2nd coming. Surely we are at the feet of clay stage?
Yes I believe we are at the feet of clay stage.

I read the article. Though I didn't know some folks thought that the clay kingdom would be one that is yet to come. The way that Daniel said it makes it seems that the fifth empire was just a broken down version of the fourth empire. Hmm.

Yeah - well I looked around for an explanation of the dream but didn't do a real thorough job of looking. They repeat a lot of the things I keep resetting in my head (post#51 -The famous dream of Nebuchadnezzar!! I don't remember how many times I have read these passages....and yet - I get a bit of time away only to find my mind has reset to what I remember from childhood. I don't remember ole Neb saying that he needed both the dream and the interpetation because the dream had got away from him. I always thought Neb. was being coy/smart/clever/hard to get along with. But I dunno how many times I have woken up and had a dream and it's details grow fuzzy and just disappear in seconds. I also never remember that Daniel's or his 3 friends are in danger from the King's edict. And I'm not sure why they would be - they weren't into occult practices? Were they considered the wise guys (grin) of the real God? In any event - I never recall that Daniel asks for time and then all 4 youths pray for the answer. And do they save the other wise guys, too?)

As for the clay feet and fractured Rome - I think? they mean west.

OK OK...one more video if you have the time. The first part is a really good explanation of the dream.

Yeah - well I looked around for an explanation of the dream but didn't do a real thorough job of looking. They repeat a lot of the things I keep resetting in my head (post#51 -The famous dream of Nebuchadnezzar!! I don't remember how many times I have read these passages....and yet - I get a bit of time away only to find my mind has reset to what I remember from childhood. I don't remember ole Neb saying that he needed both the dream and the interpetation because the dream had got away from him. I always thought Neb. was being coy/smart/clever/hard to get along with. But I dunno how many times I have woken up and had a dream and it's details grow fuzzy and just disappear in seconds. I also never remember that Daniel's or his 3 friends are in danger from the King's edict. And I'm not sure why they would be - they weren't into occult practices? Were they considered the wise guys (grin) of the real God? In any event - I never recall that Daniel asks for time and then all 4 youths pray for the answer. And do they save the other wise guys, too?)

As for the clay feet and fractured Rome - I think? they mean west.

I would love to continue with this Silk. It works best for me personally if we have a verse or verses that we can focus on. That keeps me from rambling from one aspect to another.

In chapter TWO, would you like to list what verses you would want to consider and we can talk about them as we go.

Back