An honest question to cessationists

I agree with this. It's the tongues where people just babble around on the ground that I do not believe to be true. Just like I believe the gift of prophecy to be alive, just not the idea that we are receiving visions of the future from God. If that were the case, we would still be writing the bible.

So in sum, I am not a cessationist, but I do not agree with many practices of tongues or "prophecy".

What would God be giving a prophet to say then ?

I agree with this. It's the tongues where people just babble around on the ground that I do not believe to be true. Just like I believe the gift of prophecy to be alive, just not the idea that we are receiving visions of the future from God. If that were the case, we would still be writing the bible.

So in sum, I am not a cessationist, but I do not agree with many practices of tongues or "prophecy".

How should we understand this?

1Co 2:9.. But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
1Co 2:10.. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

Are these not future events?

We can all prophesy from scriptures.
If a prophet says something that doesnt line up with the Word and claims its a new revelation, ie. What Joseph smith did, or muhammad, that person is a false prophet.

If a prophet says something that doesnt line up with the Word and claims its a new revelation, ie. What Joseph smith did, or muhammad, that person is a false prophet.

Lanolin this is a good point that you make and then again many times God gives the prophet something to say and many times it is man yes even a born again man that refuses to except or believe what God actually has said and pulls scriptures oout of context to prove himself correct.

So some times it is not that easy to tell. Recieve what the prophet says and recieve a prophets reward is highly true today as it was when it was written
God Bless
Jim

1Co 2:9.. But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
1Co 2:10.. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

Written as funny but ?
Well you know Brother Curtis how it is, we all need a wake up about the past, How else would we know what it is we are to forget ? LOL

It is in reference to the wisdom that the Holy Spirit manifests in us, backed by the scripture. Like I said, if somebody received a "New" prophecy from the Lord, as many people have claimed, we would need to add to the bible, because there is something the scriptures are missing.

The modern day "prophet" does not lead or guide people like in the Old Testament where they needed guidance. Today we are lead by Holy Spirit, and not by prophets. The modern day prophet usually has the word of "knowledge" or "wisdom", and many times the "discerning of spirits" operating in their ministry.

It is in reference to the wisdom that the Holy Spirit manifests in us, backed by the scripture. Like I said, if somebody received a "New" prophecy from the Lord, as many people have claimed, we would need to add to the bible, because there is something the scriptures are missing.
Not at all. God gives the prophet someting to say. Most of the time it is what God is wanting to do in this earth or with His body and so forth. God reveals new revelation or understanding to His word all the time to those who are diligently seeking Him..

We have built within every Christian a "truth" detector known as the "anointing". We are never to judge prophecies or revelations based our mental faculties, and intellegence but only by the anointing, which will also coincide, and agree with scriptures. It is the "anointing" which the Holy Spirit gives that teaches us all things.

We have built within every Christian a "truth" detector known as the "anointing". We are never to judge prophecies or revelations based our mental faculties, and intellegence but only by the anointing, which will also coincide, and agree with scriptures. It is the "anointing" which the Holy Spirit gives that teaches us all things.
To those who have ears let them hear and to those who dont, well what they think they have will be taken away. Pretty clear there dont you think

To those who have ears let them hear and to those who dont, well what they think they have will be taken away. Pretty clear there dont you think
Many times it seems impregnable at times to get through to some who claim to be a fellow saint. How many times, and in different ways can you present the truth before you go your way to those who will listen? If anything it does cause you to search the scriptures more than ever.
PS I am not referring to brother Klub. :)

Many times it seems impregnable at times to get through to some who claim to be a fellow saint. How many times, and in different ways can you present the truth before you go your way to those who will listen? If anything it does cause you to search the scriptures more than ever.

I have the opinion that far too many Christians are satisfied with their salvation (fire insurance) and neglect to discover for themselves that there is far more that God wants to teach us about Him and about the life we can and should live with Him. Many neglect the baptism of the Holy Spirit. It's a kind of false sense of complacency that is prevalent.

PS I am not referring to brother Klub. :)

Brother I knew right off of a certain some one and I agree it was NOT brother Klub.
For a split second I began to question everything that I have learned but let me tell you this. It did not go over well with the Father, ohhhhhhhh I could tell that. Yikes, no more questioning what He has taught me over some ones ideas.
Smiley-ROFL.gif

I have the opinion that far too many Christians are satisfied with their salvation (fire insurance) and neglect to discover for themselves that there is far more that God wants to teach us about Him and about the life we can and should live with Him. It's a kind of false sense of complacency that is prevalent.
As for me, I want every thing the Lord has, or that can be had. I am willing to do anything to get it, and I believe the Lord looks upon that kind of heart and desire and gives it to them. I want every one to know what I know and to experience what I experience. That is what love does, it gives and shares what it has with others.
I know there is much more to learn, and I want it!!

As for me, I want every thing the Lord has, or that can be had. I am willing to do anything to get it, and I believe the Lord looks upon that kind of heart and desire and gives it to them. I want every one to know what I know and to experience what I experience. That is what love does, it gives and shares what it has with others.

That is just it Curtis we all should be like this, especially where the telling others what we have learned and seen work. Now with that said I beleive it is just as important to tell others what did not work as well and let them know what God showed you to change in order for it to work but never focus on the things that did not work.

We should learn from one another and share blessings and anointings and walking from glory to glory one victory after another. Why is this such an out rage to many?
Blessings Curtis
Jim

Amen! I am of like mind and heart. I have been through a major struggle in my life, physically, over the last ten years or so, and I have placed my faith in Jesus Christ to help me make some major decisions, and have ventured out of a serious comfort zone. I have said to God that I want everything in my life that He has created for me to have and have made a promise to Him that I will seek out all He has for me so that when I pass on, I will have died not leaving anything He desired for me unreceived, undone, or not applied. Nothing missing!

So far, I am walking in that, and the momentum is kicking up!

Last edited:
Amen! I am of like mind and heart. I have been through a major struggle in my life, physically, over the last ten years or so, and I have placed my faith in Jesus Christ to help me make some major decisions, and have ventured out of a serious comfort zone. I have said to God that I want everything in my life that He has created for me to have and have made a promise to Him that I will seek out all he has for me so that when I pass on, I will have died not leaving anything He desired for me unreceived, undone, or not applied.

I heard a pastor telling about a vission he got while in prayer. He said the Lord took him into the biggest ware house type building he had ever seen and in there was rows and rows and rows of shelves full of things from a to z as far as you could see.

He asked the Lord what was all of this and the Lord said that each shelf had a part that belonged to every one of His children and it was full of all the things God wanted to bless them with. He said the Lord showed him his place and even though he could not tell what it all was he noticed it was packed full.

This bothered the pastor so he asked the Lord about it to why his was so full. The Lord said it was because He could not get him to believe for them or receive them BECAUSE HE GAVE UP TO QUICK OR ALOUD OTHERS TO TALK HIM OUT OF IT. The Lord told him that most of His people never ever get to the place where they receive what was theirs to begin with.

I do not know about you but I want as bare of a shelf as I can get when I get there.
Blessings
Jim

Amen! I am of like mind and heart. I have been through a major struggle in my life, physically, over the last ten years or so, and I have placed my faith in Jesus Christ to help me make some major decisions, and have ventured out of a serious comfort zone. I have said to God that I want everything in my life that He has created for me to have and have made a promise to Him that I will seek out all He has for me so that when I pass on, I will have died not leaving anything He desired for me unreceived, undone, or not applied. Nothing missing!

I have noticed that the Lord places certain believers together even on a computer forum like a triple braided cord that can not be easily broken. We all seem to be online all at the same time, which seems like all the time. Proclaiming the truth with other like minded believers is a blessing, and gets me pretty excited. We might not agree 100% on all things, but on the most important things we do, and that what matters the most with family. Rubbing elbows with one another does leave a lasting impression that will last forever.

Last edited:
I have noticed that the Lord places certain believers together even on a computer forum like a triple braided cord that can not be easily broken. We all seem to be online all at the same time, which seems like all the time. Proclaiming the truth with other like minded believers is a blessing, and gets me pretty excited. We might not agree 100% on all things, but on the most important things we do, and that what matters the most with family. Rubbing elbows with one another does leave a lasting impression that will last forever.
I agree! I honestly believe that the Lord led me to this forum, and I thankful that He did.

I agree! I honestly believe that the Lord led me to this forum, and I thankful that He did.
We pray over the forum constantly. We pray love and forgivness and we pray for all the members Past -Present - Future. I am also praying that God would rise up those in here that take Him at His every word and believe His every word and to kind of set off a revival in here if you will. The jist of it for the post. lol
Blessings
Jim

Back