Allegorizing the Scriptures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bob, the years of instruction from the Lord has helped me to get past the youthful revulsion of evil around us. When surrounded by evil and wicked people, we are called to love in spite of their fallenness, I try to see them through the eyes of their Creator. It's always an exercise in sadness and compassion for them when I see them from His perspective. When Jesus looked over Jerusalem and wept, I experience something akin to what He felt, be it ever so slight by comparison due to my being a created and fallen, mortal human. His Spirit within us gives to us a measure of experience from His perspectives and feelings.

What I'm getting at with that is the depths of differences that rise up into how we respond to this evil generation. Rather than to lash out at them for their wickedness, I ask of them what they are thinking, and why. I like to listen to them and help them to see the error and baselessness of their beliefs. Most don't have a problem with the foundationless nature of their beliefs, some do. Those who are willing to then question their beliefs are those whom the Lord has done work in their lives to prepare them for hearing the Gospel. It is they whom I seek to share the gospel. The rest I simply walk away from rather than to stir them up into deeper level of anger and hatred.

MM
Hello Musicmaster;

I hear you and agree wholeheartedly with you. We're both on the same page.

As you mentioned, the years of instruction from the Lord include lessons learned. Through these lessons, lashing out at them is not the way to go. I always share that Jesus was the master at relating to others and building a common ground as He did with the Samaritan woman.

Always good to share with you, MM.

God bless you and your family, brother.

Last edited:
I am not SBC, but am concerned with their sudden desire to get "woke" appeasing BLM, and to have at the top someone into modern day prophets!

I'm not looking it up, but wasn't it the Dallas statement that is tearing the SBC fabric...?

I think liberal versus conservative, while not political in the Christian faith is becoming political indeed because of the definition of Biblical justice, and those who want to uphold societal values over Christian principal.

Me personally I don't care a whole lot about what non-Christians do save wishing to share Christ with them, but I don't think those who can't manage to teach Biblical principles correctly according to Scripture, have any business preaching to Christians at all, about anything.

Sorry if this is against the rules.

I'm not looking it up, but wasn't it the Dallas statement that is tearing the SBC fabric...?

I think liberal versus conservative, while not political in the Christian faith is becoming political indeed because of the definition of Biblical justice, and those who want to uphold societal values over Christian principal.

Me personally I don't care a whole lot about what non-Christians do save wishing to share Christ with them, but I don't think those who can't manage to teach Biblical principles correctly according to Scripture, have any business preaching to Christians at all, about anything.

God told us that the entire human race needs to get "woke up", as in need to see all of us as sinners in need of a savior!

I have chosen to be a Southern Baptist.
Largest Baptist group!
What is your understanding of the happenings and sentiments within the SB Convention top leadership?

Musicmaster;

You're killing me, brother.
lol! Your question will require more than a one sentence answer, but I'll keep it short.

The SBC is doing a good ministry overall with the national Christian community. The big news, in a nutshell, is the NAMB, North American Missions Board, has broken ties with 12 state Baptist conventions. There has been a 10 year issue with the financial accountability of the NAMB by the 12 state conventions. The NAMB receives millions of dollars but delegates what the conventions are to do in partnering with the NAMB.

In California alone, the NAMB will continue to partner with San Diego, Los Angeles and San Francisco.

Our church is a member of the California Southern Baptist Convention headquartered in Fresno, CA. They will not continue working with NAMB.

We have a good testimony. We're very close with the CSBC (one of the state conventions under the SBC umbrella) through workshops, finances, bylaws, pastor and family retreats, women and men's ministries, etc...Most of the men are former pastors and are all on a first name basis.

Personally, my church family is a Southern Baptist but when you see us out in the community I'm not wearing a bullseye on the front and back of my shirt that says Southern Baptist. (Humor me)

We stop by the mom and pop stores weekly or biweekly. I'll ask the manager or owner if there is anything we can pray for? Most of them are on a first name basis, have visited our church or a church close to them, praise God! One a monthly basis I'll speak with my go to person at the CSBC and share the Good News of reaching out to our small business community. They offer encouragement or advise, and this is comforting.

What's real encouraging is these men from the CSBC are real people. They still mentor me in the areas of faith, discipline for Christ, marriages in our church families.

Your thoughts re the SBC?

Thank you, MM.

Last edited:
I am not SBC, but am concerned with their sudden desire to get "woke" appeasing BLM, and to have at the top someone into modern day prophets!

It's sad to see how much the evils of culture have infiltrated the inner core of beliefs and stability for sound doctrine within major denominations as well as independent organizations.

Now, this may strike some as being divisive, and therefore anger some, but denominationalism has always had targets painted upon its visage...inviting and challenging the world to dare darken its doorways, enter in and corrupt from within. It's the nature of man-made organizations. Had God been the author and motivator for denominationalism, it would have withstood the world and its onslaughts.

The Church is indeed God-breathed, and has therefore withstood the test of time and wickedness. She is pure and untainted, for no unbelievers can enter in to her. She is populated only by true followers of Christ Jesus.

On the other hand, the nature of denominationalism and institutionalism is such that they attract unbelievers and the lukewarm to enter in, join the club, warm the pews and chairs, fade into the woodwork if you so desire, be a sponge off the others when it's convenient, and spread your poison in small enough doses that the organization as a whole eventually ends up tainted and dead from within...a lifeless shell of people and teaching.

That's not to say that God can't and doesn't use it all to further His plans to spread the Gospel and strengthen the saints, but He does so...not because of them, but in spite of them. We can be willing servants, or unwilling servants. If the Lord could use pharaoh to serve His purposes, He can certainly use you and me, and even our man-made constructs to accomplish His ends.

MM

It's sad to see how much the evils of culture have infiltrated the inner core of beliefs and stability for sound doctrine within major denominations as well as independent organizations.

Now, this may strike some as being divisive, and therefore anger some, but denominationalism has always had targets painted upon its visage...inviting and challenging the world to dare darken its doorways, enter in and corrupt from within. It's the nature of man-made organizations. Had God been the author and motivator for denominationalism, it would have withstood the world and its onslaughts.

The Church is indeed God-breathed, and has therefore withstood the test of time and wickedness. She is pure and untainted, for no unbelievers can enter in to her. She is populated only by true followers of Christ Jesus.

On the other hand, the nature of denominationalism and institutionalism is such that they attract unbelievers and the lukewarm to enter in, join the club, warm the pews and chairs, fade into the woodwork if you so desire, be a sponge off the others when it's convenient, and spread your poison in small enough doses that the organization as a whole eventually ends up tainted and dead from within...a lifeless shell of people and teaching.

That's not to say that God can't and doesn't use it all to further His plans to spread the Gospel and strengthen the saints, but He does so...not because of them, but in spite of them. We can be willing servants, or unwilling servants. If the Lord could use pharaoh to serve His purposes, He can certainly use you and me, and even our man-made constructs to accomplish His ends.

MM

I don't know, even the early church before the fall of Jerusalem had issues with people walking into the believing Church and attempted to lead all they could astray.

The world it seems, will forever try to lead God's people astray, and the strength of any church regardless of what she calls herself (SBC, PCA, etc etc and the list goes on) rests on whether she is standing upon the foundation laid by the Disciples of Christ and His Apostles with Christ Himself the cornerstone, or whether she allows herself to be led astray by falsehood.

We have a sure foundation, the world just wants to know who will stand upon it, so they know who to hate.

It's sad to see how much the evils of culture have infiltrated the inner core of beliefs and stability for sound doctrine within major denominations as well as independent organizations. denominationalism has always had targets painted upon its visage...inviting and challenging the world to dare darken its doorways, enter in and corrupt from within. It's the nature of man-made organizations. Had God been the author and motivator for denominationalism, it would have withstood the world and its onslaughts. The Church is indeed God-breathed, and has therefore withstood the test of time and wickedness. She is pure and untainted, for no unbelievers can enter in to her. She is populated only by true followers of Christ Jesus.
MM

Hello MM;

The top of denominations and independent has a high task and responsibility where they are. Though I see things from an optimistic view, the truth is, the robber's dens do exist from the then and there times, to the here and now times. Again, the top has a high task and responsibility where they are, and are they?

Ironically, the laymen seem to have a birds eye view, so to speak, on what's going on in the church today. Could this be God's anointing on them to send this message?

So the question is for all of us, who is ministering to whom?

Musicmaster;

You're killing me, brother.
lol! Your question will require more than a one sentence answer, but I'll keep it short.

The SBC is doing a good ministry overall with the national Christian community. The big news, in a nutshell, is the NAMB, North American Missions Board, has broken ties with 12 state Baptist conventions. There has been a 10 year issue with the financial accountability of the NAMB by the 12 state conventions. The NAMB receives millions of dollars but delegates what the conventions are to do in partnering with the NAMB.

In California alone, the NAMB will continue to partner with San Diego, Los Angeles and San Francisco.

Our church is a member of the California Southern Baptist Convention headquartered in Fresno, CA. They will not continue working with NAMB.

We have a good testimony. We're very close with the CSBC (one of the state conventions under the SBC umbrella) through workshops, finances, bylaws, pastor and family retreats, women and men's ministries, etc...Most of the men are former pastors and are all on a first name basis.

Personally, my church family is a Southern Baptist but when you see us out in the community I'm not wearing a bullseye on the front and back of my shirt that says Southern Baptist. (Humor me)

We stop by the mom and pop stores weekly or biweekly. I'll ask the manager or owner if there is anything we can pray for? Most of them are on a first name basis, have visited our church or a church close to them, praise God! One a monthly basis I'll speak with my go to person at the CSBC and share the Good News of reaching out to our small business community. They offer encouragement or advise, and this is comforting.

What's real encouraging is these men from the CSBC are real people. They still mentor me in the areas of faith, discipline for Christ, marriages in our church families.

Your thoughts re the SBC?

Thank you, MM.

Bob, that all sounds complex. The myriads of levels and complex management infrastructure makes it all a tangled mess to try and visualize. Kudos to you if the construct of the lattice has a measure of clarity to you. I'm a visual thinker, so words don't necessarily build a solid framework for my ability to envision it all.

Didn't mean to tickle the funny bone of complexity. LOL

Thanks for taking a stab at it, brother. I tip my hat to you.

MM

Bob, that all sounds complex. The myriads of levels and complex management infrastructure makes it all a tangled mess to try and visualize. Kudos to you if the construct of the lattice has a measure of clarity to you. I'm a visual thinker, so words don't necessarily build a solid framework for my ability to envision it all.

Didn't mean to tickle the funny bone of complexity. LOL

Thanks for taking a stab at it, brother. I tip my hat to you.

MM

I know, MM, it all sounds like a tangled mess, truth is, it is.

But I'm out there getting mud on my shirt and the stab is real. Not perfect, but real.

I know you see the problems and constantly point them out. I just hope what I share will give you a small taste of encouragement.

I know, MM, it all sounds like a tangled mess, truth is, it is.

But I'm out there getting mud on my shirt and the stab is real. Not perfect, but real.

I know you see the problems and constantly point them out. I just hope what I share will give you a small taste of encouragement.

In post #29 I gave credit to the institutional model. It is useful in many ways. I'm always encouraged by whatever the Lord uses to His glory, for it is His glory that is the most uplifting to all saints.

Amen?

MM

In post #29 I gave credit to the institutional model. It is useful in many ways. I'm always encouraged by whatever the Lord uses to His glory, for it is His glory that is the most uplifting to all saints.

Amen?

MM

Amen, MM, and from post #5 I'm discussing the Nine Lessons with a pastor candidate tomorrow.

Thank you for the tip, brother. đź‘Ť

The SBC president Dr. Greer said.............

"And, oh by the way, let's not respond by saying 'all lives matter,'" Greear said.

And then about 10 seconds later added................
""I do not align myself with the Black Lives Matter organization, and I think saying bold things like 'defund the police' is unhelpful and deeply disrespectful to many public servants who bravely put themselves in harm’s way every day to protect us."

Our church is Southern Baptist but I have not been active in the Florida Baptist Convention for about 20 years now.

We belong to the SBC maily because of the missionary outreach and the cooperative program.

The SBC president Dr. Greer said.............

"And, oh by the way, let's not respond by saying 'all lives matter,'" Greear said.

And then about 10 seconds later added................
""I do not align myself with the Black Lives Matter organization, and I think saying bold things like 'defund the police' is unhelpful and deeply disrespectful to many public servants who bravely put themselves in harm’s way every day to protect us."

Our church is Southern Baptist but I have not been active in the Florida Baptist Convention for about 20 years now.

We belong to the SBC maily because of the missionary outreach and the cooperative program.

WOW???

I guess I should have made that clearer.

In 2002 my father passed away and my mother came to live with us. She was bi-polar and it became worse and we had to stay with her all the time or she would just wonder off. I stopped going to meetings to take care of her.

Then when she passed in 2015 my wife broke her back and 6 months later fell and broke her femer and hip. She has developed several back issues and I had had to spend my time takeing care of her and there just has not been any time to attend meetings of the FBC.

Rules? What rules? Truth is what counts!

MM

The Florida Baptist Convention just late last year broke fellowship with 4 churches who had ordained women as pastors.

The SBC is not any different than other Christian denominations in that liberalism has been and will always be working to get a foothold.

WOW???

I guess I should have made that clearer.

In 2002 my father passed away and my mother came to live with us. She was bi-polar and it became worse and we had to stay with her all the time or she would just wonder off. I stopped going to meetings to take care of her.

Then when she passed in 2015 my wife broke her back and 6 months later fell and broke her femer and hip. She has developed several back issues and I had to spend my time takeing care of her and there just has not been any time to attend meetings of the FBC.

Hello Major;

I know the passing of your parents was some time ago but it touched me, Pastor. That's tough and you were exactly where you needed to be, which was more priority than the FBC.

The Florida Baptist Convention just late last year broke fellowship with 4 churches who had ordained women as pastors.

The SBC is not any different than other Christian denominations in that liberalism has been and will always be working to get a foothold.

That's the evil of a Christ-denying culture for ya. Bandwagoneering has such a powerful lure upon the hearts of those who have given themselves over to it. Most don't like the attention of all others upon them for daring to be different. Speaking against women usurping teaching authority over men is absolutely anathema to a fallen world.

MM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back