Adultery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, why does gay marriage need to be legalized if you see it as sin and don't participate? Why are you on us for not agreeing with it?

Ok

how is any Christian refer to themselves as straight bring glory to God?

don't answer

because we are entering the twilight zone again.

not getting into this with you anymore, I don't want disrespect OP by continue this subject, even if I feel strong I should defend myself.

anyone who is willing to be fair on this issue, can simply read through my other posts in this thread.

so nice talking to you and good bye.

In reference to the OP, and also including your question, "How does any Christian bring glory to God?"

By abiding in Him, obeying His word, and casting off all things that weigh us down, following after Jesus first, above all.

Christians who step out on Him and commit sin willingly are acting the harlot toward God. We are free people, but we are not free to take His GRACE for granted. He says in Numbers 32:23..."But if you fail to keep your word, then you will have sinned against the Lord, and you may be sure that your sin will find you out." There is a sure consequence for walking in sin and that sure consequence is loss of fellowship with God. That is a very painful wilderness, believe me.

Ok

how is any Christian refer to themselves as straight bring glory to God?

don't answer

because we are entering the twilight zone again.

not getting into this with you anymore, I don't want disrespect OP by continue this subject, even if I feel strong I should defend myself.

anyone who is willing to be fair on this issue, can simply read through my other posts in this thread.

so nice talking to you and good bye.
I'm sorry that you have to defend yourself. They seem too busy examining the speck in your eye, my brother.

Hey guys, I just wanted to talk about a major issue that is in the society today, and that issue is adultery. For whatever reason, no one seems to care about this issue! I think the government should step in and not allow people to divorce unless fornication is proven, and even after that there should be no one remarried. If someone you know is thinking about divorcing their partner because they are unhappy, tell them to suck it up and deal with it or deal with the consequences of the sin of divorce.

Many people, even in the church, see people remarry after divorcing someone they were unhappy with. Unfortunately, this is never pointed out to them.

We have to point out the sin or they will never know what they are doing wrong. Who's with me?!
Well yes Adultery is wrong, divorce is not the Lord's ideal.
When the marriage vows are broken in any form or way, is this not marital unfaithfulness? Is that not at heart what adultery is?
So..I stand at the alter with a woman and vow to love honour and obey till death parts us.....
OK so pity help her if she burns my toast....if she does,.......she'll be toast. (just kidding):)
But though I don't do some sly bed hopping, but I let her know that it isn't at all healthy to burn my toast, surely I'm guilty of marital unfaithfulness because I have not loved, honoured and / or cherished her more than my morning toast.
So I'm suggesting that things are not necessarily black and white on this issue.

When one has to defend oneself against the truth of God's word it is high time to humble oneself and empty oneself of self and ask for filling by the Holy Spirit...me thinks.
He's actually defending himself against attacks, not "the truth." It's amazing how ignorant people are on certain issues. They fight to the death over things that are their personal beliefs that have no biblical basis.

Well yes Adultery is wrong, divorce is not the Lord's ideal.
When the marriage vows are broken in any form or way, is this not marital unfaithfulness? Is that not at heart what adultery is?
So..I stand at the alter with a woman and vow to love honour and obey till death parts us.....
OK so pity help her if she burns my toast....if she does,.......she'll be toast. (just kidding):)
But though I don't do some sly bed hopping, but I let her know that it isn't at all healthy to burn my toast, surely I'm guilty of marital unfaithfulness because I have not loved, honoured and / or cherished her more than my morning toast.
So I'm suggesting that things are not necessarily black and white on this issue.

I would say that bedding some slut that works in your office is not anywhere near being pissed at your wife for being unable to do a simple task in the kitchen. It is a black and white issue. Either you are lusting after someone or screwing them. The reason this is a grey issue in the church is because the church has to have tithers or they go out of business. This is an accepted sin in the church for that reason alone, which is disgusting.

He's actually defending himself against attacks, not "the truth." It's amazing how ignorant people are on certain issues. They fight to the death over things that are their personal beliefs that have no biblical basis.

I would say that bedding some slut that works in your office is not anywhere near being pissed at your wife for being unable to do a simple task in the kitchen. It is a black and white issue. Either you are lusting after someone or screwing them. The reason this is a grey issue in the church is because the church has to have tithers or they go out of business. This is an accepted sin in the church for that reason alone, which is disgusting.
Be careful friend before your "Christian" mask comes off!

That's not the truth.

Is it? You are saying something is sinful when you have no proof. You don't get it, and people like yourself probably never will. You're saying that someone being attracted to a certain gender is sinful and you have no biblical proof because there isn't any. You will never find a verse in the Bible that says that because it isn't sinful and cannot be changed. I'm done with you. You've need to stay on topic. This is my last reply to your crap unless it's related to adultery, which apparently people don't care about much.

Who keeps bring up the homosexual issue and then gets all upset when others comment on the fact that it is CLEARLY a sin against God..the same as adultery, I say biblically much more a sign of mans rejection of God!

If a person has victory over something, there is no need or requirement to claim that 'something' as part of his identity. We have a new identity in Christ. Old things are passed away and behold all things are become new!

I agree!

A question/clarification though....

In terms of witnessing: seems (imo) Paul is using present tense, not past tense…

Not that I think Paul he is saying he still a chief sinner! Of course not!

Am more on the opinion that Paul is using present tense , I think it is more on emphasis to the listener ?

1 Timothy 1:15
King James Version (KJV)
15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Is it? You are saying something is sinful when you have no proof. You don't get it, and people like yourself probably never will. You're saying that someone being attracted to a certain gender is sinful and you have no biblical proof because there isn't any. You will never find a verse in the Bible that says that because it isn't sinful and cannot be changed. I'm done with you. You've need to stay on topic. This is my last reply to your crap unless it's related to adultery, which apparently people don't care about much.

The proof is in scripture. I get that.

James 1:14-15
Temptation comes from our own desires, which entice us and drag us away. 15 These desires give birth to sinful actions. And when sin is allowed to grow, it gives birth to death.

This discussion is about adultery and sin in general.

Evil desires are just that---evil. They are either generated by the wickedness of the heart itself or are planted by Satan. Either way, we don't have to contend with them our whole lives through. When it becomes a torment or a plague to you, then you need to take dominion over them in the name of Jesus. Put the evil to flight once and for all and get on with fulfilling the wonderful plan that God has in store for you. We are overcomers in Christ!

Do you get that?

Last edited:
I agree!

A question/clarification though....

In terms of witnessing: seems (imo) Paul is using present tense, not past tense…

Not that I think Paul he is saying he still a chief sinner! Of course not!

Am more on the opinion that Paul is using present tense , I think it is more on emphasis to the listener ?

1 Timothy 1:15
King James Version (KJV)
15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Yes, Paul is using a literary device by speaking of the past in the present tense. People miss that, unfortunately, and it has led to some false understanding among believers.

are you God?

who are you to keep to making accusations against others in such a manner.

so and so is not an overcomer in Christ, so and so harbour evil desires.

what you are doing is nothing but slandering against others good character.

No, I am not God, but I am His daughter.

I have made no accusations against anyone. Methinks thou doth protest too much.

Nonsense. It appears to me that the shoe is on the other foot, here.

Ok, last time I am responding to your post.

I have tons of assessments due, I don't know why I am going around and around with thou.

I am pretty sure I know why. Have a great, productive day in your work.

I think they are just trying to bully you Euphemia, because you are new?

They're trying, but not quite hitting the mark! I don't plan on going anywhere. Maybe knowing that, they will settle down somewhat and we can actually have a proper discussion!

They're trying, but not quite hitting the mark! I don't plan on going anywhere. Maybe knowing that, they will settle down somewhat and we can actually have a proper discussion!
Well you know how some don't like the praise of the Lord to be heard?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back