Adultery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very true. It completely changes you when you have a friend or family that comes out. It isn't that your beliefs change but you definitely become more soft hearted towards the people that have to endure it.

I have a family member who is. That doesn't mean I have to say it's okay, go get married. It means I still love them, but don't agree with their lifestyle. It doesn't even come up, honestly.

Why are we so intent on discussing homosexuality on nearly every thread? People, we're talking about adultery here. Not questioning my relationship with Jesus, not discussing homosexuality, and not attacking other members.

Brother Paul brought up a good point as well. The youth groups in our churches are full of kids that think nothing of having sex. Some of them go to church only to find sex partners. I think this is the danger of going to church for social reasons rather than it's intended purpose. The day you want to do to church mainly because of your friends there is the day you should probably just stay home.

The reason we keep saying homosexuality if wrong is because it is being forced on society as acceptable. No one out there is trying to pass laws allowing adultery… we all know it’s wrong! No one is saying it’s okay! I do agree we also need to talk more about fornication. I’ve just not heard any Christian say it’s okay to do. If they were, I’d be arguing with them about that!

heterosexual refers to who are you attracted to.

homosexual refers to who are you attracted to

no difference there.

for you to insist homosexual has to include the sin act.

make no sense what so ever

unless of course, you are literally grasping at the straw trying to fulfil your own homophobia

if you are heterosexual saved by Grace

so can I.

I don't quite understand what you are trying to argue. Are you saying it's okay to be homosexual? Okay as long as you don't act on it? Gay marriage okay or wrong? Also, what part of what we are saying do you disagree with?

Honestly, you are being really offensive. I have never mistreated anyone for being gay... I just don't agree with gay marriage. So you come over here and start this thread. So, according to you, even though my ex-husband swore on his mother's life that he had sex with someone else and then came home to me, I wasn't allowed a divorce because no one else heard him admit this? Even though he abandoned and threatened to kill me and my son, I should have stayed married?

You are twisting the Bible because you are against Christians who don't agree with gay marriage. You need to stop preaching because you sure don't know what you are talking about. How rude and offensive.

I'm being offensive? I'm sorry if you took offense, because that wasn't my intention. If we are expecting the government to decide who can and can't marry or be divorced like Christians want with gay marriage, then yes, you would have to stay married

I'm against gay marriage. It's not what God intended and I'm in no way for it. I do question if the actual ceremony is sinful, or getting benefits since the only thing mentioned in the Bible is the sex act.

I have a family member who is. That doesn't mean I have to say it's okay, go get married. It means I still love them, but don't agree with their lifestyle. It doesn't even come up, honestly.

Being homosexual isn't a "lifestyle." It isn't a choice. The lifestyle you disagree with (gay bars, clubs, etc. ) is not the lifestyle of every gay person. This is stereotyping and it's wrong.

I don't quite understand what you are trying to argue. Are you saying it's okay to be homosexual? Okay as long as you don't act on it? Gay marriage okay or wrong? Also, what part of what we are saying do you disagree with?

Being homosexual isn't a choice. Saying it's a sin to be attracted to the same sex is the same thing as saying it's a sin to be attracted to the opposite sex.

That being said, this thread isn't about homosexuality, so lets get back on topic, shall we?

I'm being offensive? I'm sorry if you took offense, because that wasn't my intention. If we are expecting the government to decide who can and can't marry or be divorced like Christians want with gay marriage, then yes, you would have to stay married

I'm against gay marriage. It's not what God intended and I'm in no way for it. I do question if the actual ceremony is sinful, or getting benefits since the only thing mentioned in the Bible is the sex act.

Being homosexual isn't a "lifestyle." It isn't a choice. The lifestyle you disagree with (gay bars, clubs, etc. ) is not the lifestyle of every gay person. This is stereotyping and it's wrong.

Being homosexual isn't a choice. Saying it's a sin to be attracted to the same sex is the same thing as saying it's a sin to be attracted to the opposite sex.

That being said, this thread isn't about homosexuality, so lets get back on topic, shall we?

Actually, according to every pastor I have ever talked to, I had a biblical reason to divorce and remarry. So it honestly doesn't matter what you say with your agenda. It's just really annoying. You are judging a person (me) who was really screwed over in a past marriage and are condemning me for it by saying I should have stayed married if I don't support gay marriage. How silly and childish.

The lifestyle I am referring to is having a sexual relationship with a person of the same sex. Also, I am against strip clubs for heterosexuals, also, because it's a sin. I am against people cheating on their spouses.

If there is a homosexual person who sees these feelings as sin and chooses to follow God and not live that lifestyle (having a relationship with the same sex) then I applaud them. I don't understand what I am saying that you are against? Can you explain that?

Actually, according to every pastor I have ever talked to, I had a biblical reason to divorce and remarry. So it honestly doesn't matter what you say with your agenda. It's just really annoying. You are judging a person (me) who was really screwed over in a past marriage and are condemning me for it by saying I should have stayed married if I don't support gay marriage. How silly and childish.

The lifestyle I am referring to is having a sexual relationship with a person of the same sex. Also, I am against strip clubs for heterosexuals, also, because it's a sin. I am against people cheating on their spouses.

If there is a homosexual person who sees these feelings as sin and chooses to follow God and not live that lifestyle (having a relationship with the same sex) then I applaud them. I don't understand what I am saying that you are against? Can you explain that?
I have no agenda. I just want everyone to be treated equally since we are all sinners.

Yeah, but try to be consistent.

Control-find “homosexual” you are the first one to mention it in the first page.

And noticed your like and winner tags...

Peace : )

I have no agenda. I just want everyone to be treated equally since we are all sinners.
I treat everyone equally, but I don't condone sin. If someone sins, repents, and tries to do better, fine. But to allow it and say it's okay... that's not biblical. The Bible actually speaks against condoning sin.

I'm allowed to like other people's posts, even if they are off topic. I also didn't bring it up, even if I was the first to say the word.

claim same orientation....

is it the same as one is saying to himself/or to others: "am still a sinner"?

God doesn't see His born again children as sinners. At the same time, however, those who willingly indulge in sin---in body or in mind---have fallen out of fellowship with the Father. His desire is that we receive His powerful Holy Spirit anointing to enable us to rise above those things that serve to hinder our walk, our witness, our joy and our freedom in Christ.

I mean, if one adulterous guy who repent and never to do it again:

Is it correct for him to say: am an adulterous guy who are saved by grace?

Or other sins that can be filled in on the bold underlined…

If a person has victory over something, there is no need or requirement to claim that 'something' as part of his identity. We have a new identity in Christ. Old things are passed away and behold all things are become new!

so you can be tempted by women, you admit this, but you put on your new nature.

I can be tempted by guys, I admit this, but I have not put on my new nature.

you have flesh, I have flesh, there is absolutely no different between you and I

the only difference is you and I are tempted by different sex.

so you need to stop playing word games and trying to sling mud in my direction.

I can not be tempted by something I have no urge about. A women holds absolutely no temptation for me, and wouldn't even if I wasn't a believer.

When we have the assurance of our faith, Jesus Christ with us in every area of life, He takes care of the temptations for us. Temptation in itself is not a sin, but if one is plagued by a perverse desire, that is a problem that He wants to eradicate.

There is a very important biblical difference, grace is given based upon our acceptance of the truth of Gods standards. (grace and TRUTH) When Paul said "with my mind I serve the law of God" ..he was admitting the desire to keep God standards! This promotion of sin and rejection of Gods standards that we see in this approval of homosexual marriage, is not subject to the grace granted in scripture. To attempt to apply the grace of God and doctrines of grace to this blatant rejection of Gods standards, IS COMPLETELY unbiblical and ungodly!

The same as if one attempted to promote adultery!

Why are we so intent on discussing homosexuality on nearly every thread? People, we're talking about adultery here. Not questioning my relationship with Jesus, not discussing homosexuality, and not attacking other members.

Brother Paul brought up a good point as well. The youth groups in our churches are full of kids that think nothing of having sex. Some of them go to church only to find sex partners. I think this is the danger of going to church for social reasons rather than it's intended purpose. The day you want to do to church mainly because of your friends there is the day you should probably just stay home.

You find that in not so good churches. In churches where leadership takes its responsibility to train up the youth well, are on guard against predators among the congregation, which includes discerning that someone is only there to shop for a spouse.

so why are you taking the time out to correct me by pointing out you are straight (even though I have already left a message explain to you that I made a mistake, I did not check your profile first)?

I never got the message until now. Correction is needed nonetheless.

it seems to be it is pretty important to you that no one on this forum should mistake you for anything other than a straight woman?

if being straight ( ability to be tempted by men) is not part of your identity?

why do you even care?

I am not overly concerned about that at all, but I wouldn't want the world to think I was saying one thing (what God says about a matter) and doing another---which is hypocrisy.

also I find it interesting you would assume just because I am gay, that I would be plagued by perverse desire?

where as you are "merely" tempted as a straight woman?

If the Lord has removed all your desire from you, then why do you insist on bearing the label 'gay'? How does that bring glory to the Lord Jesus Christ?

I think it is you, and along with many others on this forums need to examine yourself, if you are so bend on stereotype anyone who is gay with such a vicious stereotype, and keep resorting to weak arguments to support your point of view why a gay person would only be OK with God IF their orientation is changed.

while the same standard does not apply to yourself, a STRAIGHT woman.

Whom the Son sets free is FREE, INDEED! (John 8:36)

Has Jesus set you free? Of so, then walk in it and remove those grave clothes from about your ankles and walk in the newness of life that He died to give you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back