ABORTION by any name is MURDER!

Some places if someone kills a pregnant woman they get charged with 2 counts of murder.

Exodus 21:22-25

“When men strive together and hit a pregnant woman, so that her children come out, but there is no harm, the one who hit her shall surely be fined, as the woman's husband shall impose on him, and he shall pay as the judges determine. But if there is harm, then you shall pay life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.

Not rendering an opinion here; however, your argument also makes capital punishment murder, right?

As you know, we just had a jury decision regarding the death penalty vs. live in prison. Again, not rendering an opinion, but I did find it interesting how many of the parents gave interviews and made the comment: "I pray that he suffers every day of his life."

Rtm
Doesn't the Bible define murder as the taking of innocent life? Criminals are not innocent. Unborn babies are innocent. You can't get more innocent than an unborn baby.

Here in California, Gov Newsom is begging for God's judgment...

"California Gov. Gavin Newsom just paid for another billboard touting California’s abortion laws – the latest in Austin, Texas features a woman sitting with her arms crossed over her knees, looking at the words “Need an abortion? California is ready to help,” Fox7Austin reported Sunday. Newsom’s billboard also features California’s dedicated abortion website, abortion.ca.gov, as well as a Bible verse quoting Mark 12:31, “Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no greater commandment than these.”

Notably, abortion.ca.gov also guides out-of-state minors how to get an abortion in California without parents’ permission.

Screen-Shot-2022-10-10-at-7.01.32-AM-1024x362.png
abortion.gov website instructing minor how to get an abortion in CA. (Photo: abortion.ca.gov)
It is indeed “twisted” and evil how Gov. Newsom’s campaign chose to include bible verses on the abortion billboards. Abortion.ca.gov also says California law allows minors to “independently consent to their own abortion care” despite any objections from their parents. The website links to TeenHealthRights.org, which tells minors, “Your doctor cannot tell your parents about your health care unless you give them permission to do so,” and you “do not need your parents’ or caregivers’ permission to get an abortion if you are under 18.”g

I'm not at all surprised. Austin is the most liberal city in the entire state. Always has been, even back when I was growing up in Texas in the 70's.

MM

Doesn't the Bible define murder as the taking of innocent life? Criminals are not innocent. Unborn babies are innocent. You can't get more innocent than an unborn baby.

Innocent blood is a serious topic in scripture:

Deuteronomy 19:10, 13
10 That innocent blood be not shed in thy land, which the LORD thy God giveth thee [for] an inheritance, and [so] blood be upon thee. ...
13 Thine eye shall not pity him, but thou shalt put away [the guilt of] innocent blood from Israel, that it may go well with thee.

Deuteronomy 21:8-9
8 Be merciful, O LORD, unto thy people Israel, whom thou hast redeemed, and lay not innocent blood unto thy people of Israel's charge. And the blood shall be forgiven them.
9 So shalt thou put away the [guilt of] innocent blood from among you, when thou shalt do [that which is] right in the sight of the LORD.

Psalm 106:38 And shed innocent blood, [even] the blood of their sons and of their daughters, whom they sacrificed unto the idols of Canaan: and the land was polluted with blood.

Proverbs 6:17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood...

There are many verses dealing with this topic. At least there are many, many people here in the U.S. who are opposed to abortion, otherwise we might have ended up like the Philistines, whom the Lord wiped out because of the support of killing babies was widely accepted throughout the entire nation.

MM

Hm. I do not believe it does but am not sure. I think it can be implied . . .
The Bible prohibits the taking of innocent human life in the sixth commandment “You shall not murder” (Exodus 20:13).

This divine law reflects and makes explicit the natural law reasoned above.

In Exodus 20:22-23, the life of the unborn is protected by the same punishment for the injury and death of an adult.

So the answer is YES!

Agreed!

Leviticus 24:19-22 .........
Whoever injures a neighbor must receive the same injury in return a broken bone for a broken bone, an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. Whoever injures another person must receive the same injury in return. Whoever kills an animal must replace it. Whoever kills a person must be put to death. The same rule applies to every one of you. It makes no difference whether you are a foreigner or an Israelite, because I am the Lord your God.”

Back