a woman approached her pastor to inform him that she’d no longer be attending his church.

how about HE Preach what God gives him . honestly it sounds like somebody wanting a puppet on a string . honestly preaching brings conviction and stirs kindles a fire in our soul. i had a elderly lady tell me if the preacher cant step on my toes .he worth listening to a good testimony service is wonderful.. a service should be led of the spirit not of Man
I see your point.

But i can’t help falling asleep.

I’m more stirred by celebrations.

When I went to a catholic school, I actually enjoyed the service there. I didn’t understand the rituals, but they didn’t half put on a good show. Pomp and circumstance grabs my attention. And the fabulous cloths they wore and hats…

The church I attend is something I will have to get used to.

The people are lovely, I suppose it’s just not what I’m used to.

I’ll pray on what you said.

Pumpkin...........you do not seem to know this but, Sin is one of those areas that is getting harder and harder to get Pastors to preach on!!!!

You see, It’s an uncomfortable thing to be told that you aren’t as good as you think you are.

Here is what ALL Pastors are faced with......Do I tell them what they want to hear or do I tell them the truth?

So, some preachers simply preach to inspire — to make people feel good about themselves and increase self-esteem!

Why should preachers clearly preach on sin? Because if they don’t, they can’t preach the Gospel. If we ignore sin, then salvation is meaningless. Without the BAD news there can not be any GOOD news! The good news of Jesus’ death and resurrection means nothing if we don’t have a clear picture of our desperate sinful condition. Christ came to save us from our sins, not just to inspire us and make us feel good.

Just something to think about!
Yes I understand. Glad your upfront about it, Puppy-chops.

I suppose church isn’t what I expected! We never had this kind of service in a Roman Catholic Church. The Priest only ever quoted the bible and broke bread and we ate it.

But having the pastor telling us how wrong it is to have sinners leading a church is fairly new to me.

Maybe he wants to stir us up, but I just cannot see myself crusading against these sinners.

I didn’t really understand his message, except I felt like I ought to agree with him and really I do, but I can’t do anything about. People do what they do. I can’t stop them.

What would you do?
Write to the churches and explain how wrong the bible says it is?

Surely they must know

Sorry about mentioning a banned topic when it’s read I will delete the entry.

Last edited:
The church I attend
to help me better understand what kind of Church do you attend? i dont know a lot on catholic school i have cousins that was raised catholic and honestly . i doubt they no much of anything Bible.. my youngest cousin got married i went to the wedding but i loved the reception party city usa beer liquor . that was back when i partied i had a good time i thought... honestly if you can tell me about your church . then maybe i can give a more fair answer. my self i enjoy a high spirited evangelistic service..

there are Churches more reserved i grew up in the Methodist Church very formal very cut and dried . the preacher never got out of the pulp[it. 3 songs the offering the doxology then the message a song and dismissed

to help me better understand what kind of Church do you attend? i dont know a lot on catholic school i have cousins that was raised catholic and honestly . i doubt they no much of anything Bible.. my youngest cousin got married i went to the wedding but i loved the reception party city usa beer liquor . that was back when i partied i had a good time i thought... honestly if you can tell me about your church . then maybe i can give a more fair answer. my self i enjoy a high spirited evangelistic service..

there are Churches more reserved i grew up in the Methodist Church very formal very cut and dried . the preacher never got out of the pulp[it. 3 songs the offering the doxology then the message a song and dismissed
It is an evangelical church!

But the congregation are older than me. And some of them frail. We have about 15 members.

The reverend does cover the scriptures and hymns. Then a small talk on the topic he thinks fit.

I look at your country The US and would love to attend one of yours as I notice the services are more celebratory or inspiring.

I don’t know, I will keep attending anyway, as the people are nice.

I suppose church isn’t what I expected! We never had this kind of service in a Roman Catholic Church. The Priest only ever quoted the bible and broke bread and we ate it.

But having the pastor telling us how wrong it is to have sinners leading a church is fairly new to me.
there is the problem how you was raised

Maybe he wants to stir us up, but I just cannot see myself crusading against these sinners. ( he’s taking about gay marriage in the clergy)

I didn’t really understand his message, except I felt like I ought to agree with him and really I do, but I can’t do anything about. People do what they do. I can’t stop them.

do you follow him in the Bible? is he telling the truth with all due respect maybe the devil is giving you the spirit of sleep . so you dont get the message .. do this follow very closely with your Bible take notes if there is something you dont understand... go to your pastor and ask him . i am sorry but the RCC is not on my top list of churches i would visit . no disrespect but i have about as much agreement with RCC as a do Jehovah witness . once again no disrespect towards you

It is an evangelical church!

But the congregation are older than me. And some of them frail. We have about 15 members.

The reverend does cover the scriptures and hymns. Then a small talk on the topic he thinks fit.

I look at your country The US and would love to attend one of yours as I notice the services are more celebratory or inspiring.

I don’t know, I will keep attending anyway, as the people are nice.
well when your elderly/frail you enjoy church. but excitement is not on top shelf. the church i pastor is kind of quite except me lol

there is the problem how you was raised
Well what do you expect. We were al born in sin.
I don’t understand your point, please elaborate.
do you follow him in the Bible? is he telling the truth with all due respect maybe the devil is giving you the spirit of sleep . so you dont get the message .. do this follow very closely with your Bible take notes if there is something you dont understand... go to your pastor and ask him . i am sorry but the RCC is not on my top list of churches i would visit . no disrespect but i have about as much agreement with RCC as a do Jehovah witness . once again no disrespect towards you
The spirit of sleep?

Is this what is also known as the spirit of heaviness, or something esle?

Please do go on…

Well what do you expect. We were al born in sin.
I don’t understand your point, please elaborate.

The spirit of sleep?

Is this what is also known as the spirit of heaviness, or something esle?

Please do go on…
yes one can become bored and Church simply has no meaning . its like going through the motions . it may be time find another Church you just need to get out and visit if nothing is really happening ..i cant really tell you for sure.. because i am not there. if i was to sit in i could soon tell honestly RCC is just not Church its more going through the motions. .

let me ask are you tired a lot . the Church i came out of the pastor was great he fed the Church very much Bible ..i enjoyed Sunday school class. . when he would get up and preach i had to fight sleep. the only way i could combat it. was follow his very close in the Bible and while he was preaching. i would back rack scriptures and read them to.

i dont sleep through the night i wake up early A.M have hard time going back to sleep. i can stop working and get still and start getting sleepy.. follow the pastor in the Bible if he reads 2 verse you read a few more . it will stir you up

Yes I understand. Glad your upfront about it, Puppy-chops.

Maybe he wants to stir us up, but I just cannot see myself crusading against these sinners.

What would you do?
Write to the churches and explain how wrong the bible says it is?

Surely they must know

Sorry about mentioning a banned topic when it’s read I will delete the entry.

YOU have just identified the problem. You came from a Catholic church to a protestant church.!!!!

When the pastor says that it is wrong for sinners to be the HEAD of the church, He is referring to the POPE being the "Vicar" of Christ and the idea that he is an Apostle.

The Pope is exactly like Mary......a SINNER who needs the Lord Jesus to be saved. Jesus is the HEAD and cornerstone of the church, NOT a man or a pastor or a POPE!

We as believers in Christ are now forgiven sinners but because of our inherited sin nature we continue to sin! However, we are forgiven of that sin even before we committ it!

Now, allow me to say with all love and respect....any Pastor/Preacher who does not identify SIN and its ramifications is not worth the gunpowder it would take to blow up his pull pit!

Back