a woman approached her pastor to inform him that she’d no longer be attending his church.

a woman approached her pastor to inform him that she’d no longer be attending his church.

Perplexed by her decision, the pastor pressed her as to why.​

“Ah! I saw a woman gossiping about another member; a man that is a hypocrite; the worship team living wrong; people looking at their phone during service; among so many other things wrong in your church,” she replied.
The pastor was sad to hear her reasoning, but not surprised, as he’s heard it all before. That’s why he let her go. But not before she did one final thing for him.

“But before you go, do me a favor: Take a full glass of water and walk around the church three times without spilling a drop on the ground. Afterward, leave the church if you desire.”
An odd request to say the least, but the woman knew it would be a piece of cake.

She followed his instructions, walked three times around the church with her full glass of water, and returned to him — task completed.

The pastor prompted her with just one more thing before she left:

“Before you leave I want to ask you one more question. When you were walking around the church, did you see anyone gossiping?”
She told him, “no.”

Then he asked if she’d spotted any hypocrites, or come across anyone on their phones.

Again the woman replied, “no.”

Then the pastor offered up this perspective-shattering, thought-provoking analogy that would leave even some nonbelievers shouting “amen.”

“You were focused on the glass, to make sure you didn’t stumble and spill any water. It’s the same with our life. When we keep our eyes on Jesus, we don’t have time to see the mistakes of others. We will reach out a helping hand to them and concentrate on our own walk with the Lord.”
And that my friends, is worthy of a mic-drop.

Amen, Pastor;

This reminds me of a young wise guy named bobinfaith who did the same to his pastor. He spent so much of his oxygen telling him (and God) everything that was wrong with the church. So the Pastor asked bobinfaith;

2 Corinthians 13:5, 5 Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you fail to meet the test!

Lamentations 3:40, 40 Let us test and examine our ways, and return to the Lord!

Revelation 2:5, 5 Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent, and do the works you did at first. If not, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place, unless you repent.

Man! Talk about humbling with humility. It was a learning lesson.

God bless you, forgiven, and thank you for sharing.

This thought should be HUMBLING to us ALL, for we remain here in flesh and blood, which often causes us trouble.

Paul instructed us that we must war with the carnality within ourselves that we would be blameless.

It is a constant battle ! Those who would say it isn't a battle to submit, bring under subjection, let the Spirit lead, and be MORE THAN CONQUERORS, are giving place to the devil.

i shared this story with the church and i told them yes the church has problems...why ? because we are there a pastor once said if you find the perfect Church and go there it wont because your there. its easy to see the problems but we all have just enough oil to take care of ourselves,, that is full time job

Perplexed by her decision, the pastor pressed her as to why.​

The pastor was sad to hear her reasoning, but not surprised, as he’s heard it all before. That’s why he let her go. But not before she did one final thing for him.

An odd request to say the least, but the woman knew it would be a piece of cake.

She followed his instructions, walked three times around the church with her full glass of water, and returned to him — task completed.

The pastor prompted her with just one more thing before she left:

She told him, “no.”

Then he asked if she’d spotted any hypocrites, or come across anyone on their phones.

Again the woman replied, “no.”

Then the pastor offered up this perspective-shattering, thought-provoking analogy that would leave even some nonbelievers shouting “amen.”

And that my friends, is worthy of a mic-drop.

Another thought might be when someone says that would be......."Welcome, you will fit right in"!

i shared this story with the church and i told them yes the church has problems...why ? because we are there a pastor once said if you find the perfect Church and go there it wont because your there. its easy to see the problems but we all have just enough oil to take care of ourselves,, that is full time job

Agreed.

Something else tp lace in your memory for future use in a sermon..........."The ones who complain the most, do the least"!!!!

there's always one lol

It is like that at school one child goes around telling on all the others then fails to concentrate on their OWN work.

whats amazing about this story a good pastor friend of mine invited me to preach on a sunday night.. knowing there was issues in the church i used this story as a illustration . just before getting up to preach, the pastor got up went to the kitchen and got a glass of water and placed on the podium . i am siting in the pew watching him.. i call it a God moment i had never told him the story. he had never told me personally the issues he was having. .
a lady in the church come to me after the service. telling me we ( the church ) needed that i just smiled and said we all need that reminder

Yep. This is good stuff. When in a specific grouping of people who are imperfect, we can see all kinds of faults in them, getting our focus off into a perspective not necessarily pleasing to the Lord. That's why we need to do as Jesus commanded:

John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Amen

MM

Its a bit tiring when someones gossiping and they say 'did you see on facebook' blah blah blah
or 'did you hear the news' blah blah blah

Well no, some people actually have their own lives to live not spend all their time watching everyone else's.

Its a bit tiring when someones gossiping and they say 'did you see on facebook' blah blah blah
or 'did you hear the news' blah blah blah

Well no, some people actually have their own lives to live not spend all their time watching everyone else's.

Don't you think that when someone places something on Facebook, that they are flaunting it in some manner, be it good or bad?

It's one thing to bring up something about another that the person didn't mean to exhibit out in the open, but quite another to comment on what another placed out there for the whole world to see.

MM

mm but not everyone is on facebook and actually wants to see or know everyones business.
Or watch the news all the time. Cos it's boring.

People put up junk on facebook all the time and often about other people, and theres also fake news. Do you have to comment on every single advertisement and buy everything you see? Nope.

Do you really have to know the sports results? Of every single team? I'm sure if you wanted to know all that, you can find out for yourself. People don't always have to know everything, because our brains can only handle so much information at once.

whats amazing about this story a good pastor friend of mine invited me to preach on a sunday night.. knowing there was issues in the church i used this story as a illustration . just before getting up to preach, the pastor got up went to the kitchen and got a glass of water and placed on the podium . i am siting in the pew watching him.. i call it a God moment i had never told him the story. he had never told me personally the issues he was having. .
a lady in the church come to me after the service. telling me we ( the church ) needed that i just smiled and said we all need that reminder

Brother......a Long, long time ago when I was cute, brash and quick with my whit, I preached a sermon on heaven and explained that in heaven, you as a WHITE person will be living next door to BLACK, RED, YELLOW and even maybe GREEN people----so I suggest that you get rid of your racist attitudes and hate against other people who do not look like YOU.

A couple met me at the bacck door and informed me that today would be their last visit to the church as they could not sit and listen to that kind of sermon.

The 1st words out of my mouth were........."Hey, thanks and may I say that it is as good to see to GO OUT as it was to see you Coming in!"

My reverend at my church keeps going on about how wrong it is about such and such a sin and it’s wearing on my nerves.
It’s not that I disagree with him, but I find myself nodding off.
I don’t know what else to do🙁

Hello Via;

It's understandable a lot of church goers in your predicament don't know what to do.

Please pray first.
🙏 Ask the Holy Spirit to prompt you and the words you will use. Then after the next service, approach the reverend in God's love and respect, pull him aside and tell him straight up what you just shared here. If you cannot speak to him right then and there, ask if you can make an appointment.

A pastor should always make the time to speak. That's what he does as a Shepherd.

I always asked the congregation to use this approach and it is the best thing they have done, instead of carrying it with them throughout the week or many years.

Via, is this the small nice church that you mentioned before?

God bless
you, sister.

My reverend at my church keeps going on about how wrong it is about such and such a sin and it’s wearing on my nerves.

It’s not that I disagree with him, but I find myself nodding off.

I don’t know what else to do🙁

What do YOU think he should preach on that would keep you awake???

Have you approached him on your concerns?

What do YOU think he should preach on that would keep you awake???

Have you approached him on your concerns?
well, last week he had a member of the congregation give a service and he spoke of his salvation, it was good. I told them all so too.

i'm am not sure what I would like the pastor to preach about.
I think I will think about it.
I suppose I am not very good at asserting myself, so something about that may be good.

well, last week he had a member of the congregation give a service and he spoke of his salvation, it was good. I told them all so too.

I think I will think about it.
I suppose I am not very good at asserting myself, so something about that may be good.

Pumpkin...........you do not seem to know this but, Sin is one of those areas that is getting harder and harder to get Pastors to preach on!!!!

You see, It’s an uncomfortable thing to be told that you aren’t as good as you think you are.

Here is what ALL Pastors are faced with......Do I tell them what they want to hear or do I tell them the truth?

So, some preachers simply preach to inspire — to make people feel good about themselves and increase self-esteem!

Why should preachers clearly preach on sin? Because if they don’t, they can’t preach the Gospel. If we ignore sin, then salvation is meaningless. Without the BAD news there can not be any GOOD news! The good news of Jesus’ death and resurrection means nothing if we don’t have a clear picture of our desperate sinful condition. Christ came to save us from our sins, not just to inspire us and make us feel good.

Just something to think about!

how about HE Preach what God gives him . honestly it sounds like somebody wanting a puppet on a string . honestly preaching brings conviction and stirs kindles a fire in our soul. i had a elderly lady tell me if the preacher cant step on my toes .he worth listening to a good testimony service is wonderful.. a service should be led of the spirit not of Man

Back