Repent Instead of Throwing Stones

When I was younger, I avoided people who had drama and conflict swirling about them; the difficult-to-get-along-with people. Now in my second marriage, I have learned over the years from wife number 2, some ways to navigate these types of confrontations or squabbles, or whatever you call it. One big thing is to learn to discern people you meet and spend any extended time with, like co-workers or people in your church family. Listen to their stories they tell about their pasts. Ask them about their lives, get to really know them. You soon find out who you can poke fun with or who is touchy about things. If they have strong feelings about a subject, tread carefully. Like Via said, if they are heck bent on jumping off a cliff, don't get in their way. (Paraphrased) Learn the person before getting knee deep in the weeds with them, if you can. If you are forced into a situation with someone new, first thing is to ask them if there is anything you can do for them to make it an easier task. Show you are willing to work with them. There are some people who just don't work well together, like oil and water, they don't mix. You just have to allow them to be them and you be you. Keep the Holy Spirit on speed dial.

Excellent post, Big Moose!

It gives me food for thought, "allow them to be them and you be you."
God bless you, brother.

Hello Lanolin;

If anyone can remember the name of this movie (or book) I would be most interested in watching or reading.
bobinfaith
This sounds a lot like a 2017 movie called, “All Saints”, although the refuges in this movie are Burmese.

The movie is based on a true story about a church in Tennessee that was failing, both financially and in attendance, and how the Episcopalian pastor and the Burmese refugees connected, started a farm and turned things around.

bobinfaith
This sounds a lot like a 2017 movie called, “All Saints”, although the refuges in this movie are Burmese.

The movie is based on a true story about a church in Tennessee that was failing, both financially and in attendance, and how the Episcopalian pastor and the Burmese refugees connected, started a farm and turned things around.
Yes thats the one. I was sure it was South East Asian refugees but couldn't remember exactly.
I really liked that movie, but apparently some Christians in the bookshop that was selling the dvd's reported that some people hated it!

When I was younger, I avoided people who had drama and conflict swirling about them; the difficult-to-get-along-with people. Now in my second marriage, I have learned over the years from wife number 2, some ways to navigate these types of confrontations or squabbles, or whatever you call it. One big thing is to learn to discern people you meet and spend any extended time with, like co-workers or people in your church family. Listen to their stories they tell about their pasts. Ask them about their lives, get to really know them. You soon find out who you can poke fun with or who is touchy about things. If they have strong feelings about a subject, tread carefully. Like Via said, if they are heck bent on jumping off a cliff, don't get in their way. (Paraphrased)
Learn the person before getting knee deep in the weeds with them, if you can. If you are forced into a situation with someone new, first thing is to ask them if there is anything you can do for them to make it an easier task. Show you are willing to work with them.
There are some people who just don't work well together, like oil and water, they don't mix. You just have to allow them to be them and you be you. Keep the Holy Spirit on speed dial.
I learned from my 1st wife that she would not let me have a 2nd wife.

This sound a bit like an American Christian movie I saw once about a pastor taking over a church with a dwindling congregation (to close it down) and they all banded together to grow crops in the churchyard because a lot of refugees from Vietnam had come and needed somewhere to grow their crops and earn some money...I forgot it's name...Then the church became a thriving community again and the refugees became christians (if they weren't already) and I think it was based on a true story...!
Hello Lanolin;

If anyone can remember the name of this movie (or book) I would be most interested in watching or reading.

bobinfaith

Hello Lanolin and blueskies;

We purchased the true story, All Saints and is what you both described. It was a low budget film but what matters is the message got through. My wife and I enjoyed it.

All Saints Episcopal Church in Smyrna, TN is alive and serving.

Back