With the Coming of Easter Week

crossnote

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
With the Coming of Easter Week, (something to discuss), would our salvation have been possible another way other than through the death of God's Son?
Couldn't God by His sovereignty, love and power, just wave His hand and declare, "All is forgiven!"?

Last edited:
Leviticus 17:11, 14
11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you upon the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood that makes atonement for the soul.’
14 for it is the life of all flesh. Its blood sustains its life. .........

Life giving blood had to be given to give us a transfusion and sustain our souls for life everlasting.

Hebrews 9:22
22 And according to the law almost all things are purified with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no remission.

Leviticus 17:11, 14
11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you upon the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood that makes atonement for the soul.’
14 for it is the life of all flesh. Its blood sustains its life. .........

Life giving blood had to be given to give us a transfusion and sustain our souls for life everlasting.

Hebrews 9:22
22 And according to the law almost all things are purified with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no remission.
Since God requires the shedding of blood for the remission of sins, makes me wonder why 'He set in stone' that requirement, knowing beforehand it would cost His Son His incarnated life. Could there have been another way, like 'love us into the kingdom'?

Since God requires the shedding of blood for the remission of sins, makes me wonder why 'He set in stone' that requirement, knowing beforehand it would cost His Son His incarnated life. Could there have been another way, like 'love us into the kingdom'?
I am no expert on the matter, but I see (has been revealed to me) that if you think about God creating living souls with free, somewhat unpredictable, will, He knew that they would eventually fall from the perfection He made them. The ability to choose means that we would have wills and desires. And as the old adage goes, where there is a will, there is a way.

Desires have a funny way of causing you to do things you shouldn't, as well as doing things you should. If God had created a bunch of robots, He could have programed them to behave properly. But God wants us to choose to do right. That is part of true love. No one really loves you unless they have chosen to love you. God has chosen to love us.

So God knows humans will fail and fall. Even some of the angels did. Therefore, He needs to have a way to allow us back into God's group, or kingdom. Those who refuse to listen to His voice need weeded out. And those who do listen need a way back into the fold. Love is the key. How do you show love? We could make a long list of the possibilities. But it boils down to giving of yourself to others. Your time, money, effort, thoughts, encouragement, support, on and on. There is the saying of putting your blood, sweat and tears into something, as a way of saying that you are putting your all into it.

God's creation, humans, are based on blood as our life force, for lack of a better term. Blood is what carries the ingredients to keep us alive. God created it as such. Therefore, to give your all to someone, literally would be to forfeit your blood for them. What if God made salvation just words or a waving of the hand? Some might say He did not really sacrifice anything to do it. He didn't put "His all" into it. But no one can say that. He literally gave His all to save us. He sacrifices His blood and His life for us. That is the most He could do and it is what He did do.

Easter is when we have memorialized this fact. Happy Easter to all.

For God so loved the world............

Last edited:
YET

He gets punished, yet we freely go free.

He dies our death conquering sin, death and the devil, yet we live.

Our sin, yet His Gift of righteousness.

First our enmity, yet then reconciliation.

All this, yet we grumble, complain, fear and hate yet with no excuse.​

Last edited:
Ultimate refusal, yes. Otherwise, many of us have refused Jesus at one time or another. :(
Agreed.

Ephesians 2:1-4.........
"And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others."

Then comes verse 4...... "But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us".

With the Coming of Easter Week, (something to discuss), would our salvation have been possible another way other than through the death of God's Son?
Couldn't God by His sovereignty, love and power, just wave His hand and declare, "All is forgiven!"?
I suppose God could have done anything or nothing according to his will, but he did what he did - that is give his son, Jesus - and that is the way. I try to not over think it. That's difficult for me since I naturally "what if..." everything.

I suppose God could have done anything or nothing according to his will, but he did what he did - that is give his son, Jesus - and that is the way. I try to not over think it. That's difficult for me since I naturally "what if..." everything.
Apparently He has revealed to us His will already.. as revealed in His Word...

Revelation 13:8 KJV
And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

1 Peter 1:19-20 KJV
But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: [20] Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Back