Why is glory so important to God?

Good questions...I have pondered these type of questions myself. You could even ask why did God Himself kill so many people in the Old Testament? These are honest questions. They are ones that I am not afraid to ask or hide from others. I have asked God why this is so and I don't have a complete answer yet. One thing I have come to realize though is that God places a higher value on a person's soul and eternal destiny than He does on his mortal life.
God is the only one with the authority to kill. He gave life, so He can take it away. I believe that God was just showing l speeding up what was going to happen anyway, which is those people going to hell. Remember that God gave Nineveh a chance, because He knew that they were going to repent. Just my thoughts.

Also,I've been wondering... Those fish in your avatar..what kind are they? They're so cute...

I was thinking koi..but koi aren't that small.

God is the only one with the authority to kill. He gave life, so He can take it away. I believe that God was just showing l speeding up what was going to happen anyway, which is those people going to hell. Remember that God gave Nineveh a chance, because He knew that they were going to repent. Just my thoughts.

But then I wonder..why create people you know won't repent or make it to heaven? I sometimes wonder what's the point of that... When ultimately "their chance at life" is gonna end up in fire brimestone.

What was the point?

I think it would have been kinder T spare them this existent so they wont have to spend it in a place ten times worse ... Especially since heaven will only be filled with believers anyway..whats the point for having people here he knows won't make it...(besides the fact he simply can put em here..or wants to)

Again,just honest thoughts

Lol cute...they are fancy goldfish. A variety known as ryukin. They are one of my favorite variety of goldfish and I thought the ones in that pic were particularly pretty.

Lol ryukin...my mind takes me street fighter xD lol but I've never seen them before..theyre adorable.

Pancakes, you sig is really looooooong.
I have to keep scrolling down all the time just to see what other ppl have posted. Could you shorten it please?

As for you OP.
God is Holy. God created man out of dust of the earth. See genesis. Originally we had a glorious covering, then lost it...that's why all us humans wear clothes. We lost cos of sin. We are dirty, we have to keep washing our clothes. If you female, you know what laundry means!!!!

God chose the israelites through Abraham to be his holy people, to manifest his glory. Down through the ages until Jesus was born. the israelites were chosen and God gave them the covenant but they could not keep it. However God still loves them. Then Jesus came and that was a better covenant. And through Jesus, everyone, jew and gentile can partake in his Divine nature. So its not that God doesn't want people to be like Him, we are made in His image, but cos our sin prevents us. So we need to repent. Then we can be Holy like him, cos through Jesus we are given the gift of the Holy Spirit.

I hope that makes sense. Right now however, we on earth, will not see glory till we resurrected on the last day.

But then I wonder..why create people you know won't repent or make it to heaven? I sometimes wonder what's the point of that... When ultimately "their chance at life" is gonna end up in fire brimestone.

What was the point?

I think it would have been kinder T spare them this existent so they wont have to spend it in a place ten times worse ... Especially since heaven will only be filled with believers anyway..whats the point for having people here he knows won't make it...(besides the fact he simply can put em here..or wants to)

Again,just honest thoughts

Free will.
Can there be true free will without there being real choice, without the very real possibility of choosing the opposite?

In order for God to give us true free will, He also had to include the very real possibility of choice...the choice to reject Him. Since He knows the end from the beginning: He could have only created beings that would ultimately choice Him in the end, thus no one would go to hell. But would those beings truly have free will then? You might ask then: did God create evil in order to give us true choice? No, I don't believe we can say that because we have Lucifer as an example: he being an angel was also created with free will, but no one tempted him to turn away from God. He only saw good, yet he still chose to rebel against God and follow his own way. He wanted to be his own God and by doing so he divorced himself from all that is of God. We know that everything good comes from God, so Lucifer was thus left with nothing good making him evil by default. Hell is an absence of all that is of God...thus all good. Satan chose hell by default, just as every angel that rebelled and every human that rejects God does. In effect God doesn't send anyone to hell, they send themselves there. God will separate the good from the evil and enforce those boundaries. Would it be just for the good to have to live with the evil for eternity?

I'm taking it in the wrong way ^~^ all questions are welcomed..

Um idk , maybe..it seems all he does is tied T glory. And it he won't share it with no other ( I understand and get that) .but it seems lil the issue of glory stops Him for doing certain things..

I remember when he rained down food from heaven for the Israelites...
and he did those things BC they were his people..

When today,there are many people dying of starvation in 3rd world countries...and He could alleviate their pain/hunger if He did the same thing.
He is capable,as anything is possible for Him... but he most likely won't. BC
1) in this age in time,it would probably terrify people BC its such a rarity... And 2) they'd. Attribute it to their god...

But if he loved them enough T die for them, why not feed them..regardless of what they believe?..

Not trying to start anything,just have honest questions..is all.

Ya know you could say it like this.....God gave people the responsibility of being ambassadors of His anointing and ministering to others. So the fact that there is people in 3rd world countries that are in such need.....means that the people that are called to bring the blessing of God to that country and that people and land....are not doing their part. God has done great things in many countries. He has commissioned many anointed men of God to take the gospel to the people. But they need help. And many people will not get off their lazy duff, to help anyone unless there is something in it for them.

Many believers think that they are supposed to be poor. But in all reality God desires that they be rich so that they can help the poor. So that there is no more poverty. God wants and needs a willing heart to be able to receive all that He has for them to do. But there are so many people who are living just to please themselves. And that is what is killing those people. Their spirits need to be fed so that as their spirits prosper...their lives will prosper.

Soooooo its not God' fault :). Blame the devil for deceiving people into being selfish...especially church people.

Good questions...I have pondered these type of questions myself. You could even ask why did God Himself kill so many people in the Old Testament? These are honest questions. They are ones that I am not afraid to ask or hide from others. I have asked God why this is so and I don't have a complete answer yet. One thing I have come to realize though is that God places a higher value on a person's soul and eternal destiny than He does on his mortal life.

So many people in the old testament died because of disobedience. Their atitudes were that they didn't need God's help, they did not need Him to make them Holy or acceptable in His sight. So He introduced the law....which was brought about to show them that He alone is Holy...they cannot do it on their own. They cannot be sinless, without His help.

Free will.
Can there be true free will without there being real choice, without the very real possibility of choosing the opposite?

In order for God to give us true free will, He also had to include the very real possibility of choice...the choice to reject Him. Since He knows the end from the beginning: He could have only created beings that would ultimately choice Him in the end, thus no one would go to hell. But would those beings truly have free will then? You might ask then: did God create evil in order to give us true choice? No, I don't believe we can say that because we have Lucifer as an example: he being an angel was also created with free will, but no one tempted him to turn away from God. He only saw good, yet he still chose to rebel against God and follow his own way. He wanted to be his own God and by doing so he divorced himself from all that is of God. We know that everything good comes from God, so Lucifer was thus left with nothing good making him evil by default. Hell is an absence of all that is of God...thus all good. Satan chose hell by default, just as every angel that rebelled and every human that rejects God does. In effect God doesn't send anyone to hell, they send themselves there. God will separate the good from the evil and enforce those boundaries. Would it be just for the good to have to live with the evil for eternity?

I agree with most of what you said except that Lucifer was not created to have free will. He did not have the right to choose to rebel. He had one job...that was to serve God, like the rest of the angels.

Hell was created to send the devil there. In my opinon it did not exist until the devil pulled his stunt in the garden. Shoot the earth was not even cursed till Adam and Eve disobeyed God. That's why the Bible says that the creation looks forward to the day when it will join God's Children in glorious freedom from death and decay (Romans 8:21 nlt)

And to add to your question about the good having to live with the evil for eternity......if that were to be in effect, then there would be no reason for a new heaven and a new earth :)

Free will.

We chose him freely..so again..i dont see the point in creating other people he knows will reject him and won't make it.

God created adam and eve. Im not sure why you think that he created some other humans in the beginning besides those two.

He knew we were weak though..but in every choice we make, we can choose to follow God or not.
Its not like one day you just make a choice and then you permanently stuck in that choice. Or that we cant repent if we make a wrong one. God forgives us when we repent.

So...i would suggest renewing you mind pancake with the Word of God.
You would not be asking these kinds of questions if you just read the Bible. All the answers are there. Take the time to study His word and really get to know Him better.

We chose him freely..so again..i dont see the point in creating other people he knows will reject him and won't make it.
All people are created to worship and Honor God. No one is created to deny Him. God said He desires that ALL men ( people ) would be saved. God tells us to choose Life or another words His way. After that where one spends eternity - is their choice and NOT Gods Choice.

He knew we were weak though..but in every choice we make, we can choose to follow God or not.
Its not like one day you just make a choice and then you permanently stuck in that choice. Or that we cant repent if we make a wrong one. God forgives us when we repent.

So...i would suggest renewing you mind pancake with the Word of God.
You would not be asking these kinds of questions if you just read the Bible. All the answers are there. Take the time to study His word and really get to know Him better.

I have studied the Bible, the fact I have honest questions doesn't mean I don't, it doesn't mean Im not a Christian... It just means I have a question,that I wish to discuss.

Would he have done anything that he did do if there was no glory involved?
Because God is glory and glory belongs to Him.. We are vessels of His glory..

2 Corinthians 4:7 (ESV)
But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.

God exhibits His glory through us, nature, creation and so on.. But ultimately it belongs to Him

God created people out of love for them. Everyone is given opportunity to receive Him, but just because He has foreknowledge doesn't indicate that He should not bring people into the world. Everyone is offered relationship with Him.

I can only explain according to the limited understanding that I have on this topic, but I will try to explain further.

Creating beings that will only choose Him and make it in the end isn't giving them true free will. I see this as God writing their destiny in a way, because if they all choose Him it is like He created them without the ability to reject Him, because if there is zero possibility that something will happen, then for all intensive purposes it does not exist. You could say that even though God knows the end from the beginning and is all powerful, that God is not in control of the outcome because He chose to not to be, in order to give them true free will. Again, consider Lucifer, he had no reason to rebel and reject God, all he saw and experience was the goodness of God and His creation. How could he possibly reject God in this condition and environment unless he possessed true free will?

I have also considered that there needs to be evil in order for a non-omniscient being to recognise good, and to value and appreciate it. In Genesis It says that God placed the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and commanded Adam and Eve not to eat from it or they would die. My understanding is that they were innocent before eating from this tree and didn't know good from evil(see Genesis 3:22). Genesis also states that God created man and woman in His image and we know from the bible that we as born again saints and the bride of Christ are to become one with God. Is it then possible that the fall of man was all part of God's plan to ultimately make us one with Him? Could we truly be one with Him and truly choose Him and not eventually rebel(at some point in eternity) if we didn't know good from evil and didn't have the option to choose good(God) and reject evil? Could it be that this was God's plan to obtain beings with true free will who will never rebel against Him and stay faithful into all of eternity?

Back