When to wait in faith and when to ask for help?

You are welcome to add anything you wish to add. I hear what you are saying, however it does not match with God's Word.

In His Word, God encourages His children to pray to Him and
also to expect that He will answer them. (James 1.5, Jer. 33.3). Yet there are times when God says NO to our prayer or request. Out of 29 of the most prominent prayers of the Bible, over half (17) are NO!

The other reasons for God’s prayer request denial, was it was not God’s will for that request or that God would be glorified more in
saying “ no”. For instance, King Saul asked for God’s guidance and help in defeating an enemy, but because of Saul’s rebellion and
disobedience to God, God did not respond.

King David experienced the same negative response from God after his sin with Bathsheba and the death of his child.
However, sin was not the only reason God said no to a prayer request. Sometimes, He said “no” because it was not His will to
answer yes to that request. Jonah and Elijah both asked God to kill them during some difficult circumstances. God’s answer was “no”! WHY??? Because it was not his will and He instead provided nourishment, safety and help for them. He had other plans for them.

James and John in Mark 10:34 wanted to be in high rank in the kingdom next to Jesus. But Jesus said no to that request, because it was up to God the Father to grant that petition.

Those are all good points Major but explain to me how they fit into 2 Corinthians 1:20 ?
Examples used were before the cross and the NT.
What was asked Mark 10:34 was simply lack of knowledge of Gods word and promises. I bet if they would have had a bible they might not have asked that question now would they. ;)
( Just a little humar....no sarcastic tone )
BLessings My Friend Brother Major
Jim

Thank you so much everyone! I now know that God is going to take care of this.
FAITH - TRUST- FIATHFULNESS - TOTAL TRUST - OBEDIENCE - FASITH - TOTAL TRUST -LOVE - FORGIVENESS - SEEKING - TOTAL TRUST - FAITH - ASKING - TOTAL TRUST - FAITH - KNOCKING - TOTAL TRUST - FAITHFULNESS - FAITH - LOVE - FORGIVENESS - FAITH - TOTAL TRUST.....
what you wont find in there is doubt, unbelief' fear, panic, wavering, double minded, AND QUESTIONING HIS WORD...

God Bless You Mykuhl......See you in VICTORY LANE
JIM

FAITH - TRUST- FIATHFULNESS - TOTAL TRUST - OBEDIENCE - FASITH - TOTAL TRUST -LOVE - FORGIVENESS - SEEKING - TOTAL TRUST - FAITH - ASKING - TOTAL TRUST - FAITH - KNOCKING - TOTAL TRUST - FAITHFULNESS - FAITH - LOVE - FORGIVENESS - FAITH - TOTAL TRUST.....
what you wont find in there is doubt, unbelief' fear, panic, wavering, double minded, AND QUESTIONING HIS WORD...

God Bless You Mykuhl......See you in VICTORY LANE
JIM
Amen Jim! Let us run the race together and we will get to the victory line with each other's help!

Ok, I have asked for help from more than one source so far, and either people have not been able to help or nothing has resulted yet. So, if I was supposed to ask for help then why isn't the help happening? Just today for example: I got an idea to ask someone for help, I asked and he couldn't help because it seems I was too late. I prayed about it before I did this and felt like I should ask him(but wasn't sure). It doesn't seem like I am getting a clear answer/direction from God with this situation. I am a questioning if I should just wait in faith like I originally considered doing, but I don't want to miss doing something I should be doing either. It just seems that whatever I am doing to help this situation it not bringing any results.

Ok, I have asked for help from more than one source so far, and either people have not been able to help or nothing has resulted yet. So, if I was supposed to ask for help then why isn't the help happening? Just today for example: I got an idea to ask someone for help, I asked and he couldn't help because it seems I was too late. I prayed about it before I did this and felt like I should ask him(but wasn't sure). It doesn't seem like I am getting a clear answer/direction from God with this situation. I am a questioning if I should just wait in faith like I originally considered doing, but I don't want to miss doing something I should be doing either. It just seems that whatever I am doing to help this situation it not bringing any results.

In reading your post.....it seems that if you were not sure that you were to ask...then you did not have full peace about asking. So just keep trusting and when you pray keep thanking the Lord for every divine appointment, and that you miss none. Then have faith that if there is a diving appointment with your name on it....you will not miss it. As you doubt, and speak that doubt, you are in a sense shooting yourslelf in the foot, so to speak. And as you sow seeds of doubt.....you are causing your mind to doubt that you are hearing things right.

In reading your post.....it seems that if you were not sure that you were to ask...then you did not have full peace about asking. So just keep trusting and when you pray keep thanking the Lord for every divine appointment, and that you miss none. Then have faith that if there is a diving appointment with your name on it....you will not miss it. As you doubt, and speak that doubt, you are in a sense shooting yourslelf in the foot, so to speak. And as you sow seeds of doubt.....you are causing your mind to doubt that you are hearing things right.
I rarely ever speak out doubt or anything else negative. It usually happens only in my mind(when it does happen).

See, the thing is that I rarely have peace about any decision when I don't know what to do and I am pressured to make a decision. So how can I rely on knowing by peace then?

I rarely ever speak out doubt or anything else negative. It usually happens only in my mind(when it does happen).

I was just going off of what you said in your post, and speaking it just one time can provoke the angel that is in charge of setting things up for your situation to be successful. How often do you think doubt then? Faith is about being fully settled in whatever it is that we are trusting God for. And speaking doubt, lets confusion in, even if its one time.

I was just going off of what you said in your post, and speaking it just one time can provoke the angel that is in charge of setting things up for your situation to be successful. How often do you think doubt then? Faith is about being fully settled in whatever it is that we are trusting God for. And speaking doubt, lets confusion in, even if its one time.
How do I not doubt when I don't know for absolutely certain what the result will be? If I just got a clear confirmation on what God was going to do or that He would take care of everything by a certain time...then I wouldn't doubt.

See, the thing is that I rarely have peace about any decision when I don't know what to do and I am pressured to make a decision. So how can I rely on knowing by peace then?

Are you praying and believing according to God's promises? Is what your standing in faith for according to the promises of God? When the Word of God is in us in abundance then when we are pressured....the Word is what comes out of our mouths. The Holy Spirit always gives us peace about the decisions that we make that are the right ones.....unless your talking about whether to eat wheaties or cheerios for breakfast...then those are up to us. :)

Last edited:
Are you praying and believing according to God's promises? Is what your standing in faith for accoreing to the promises of God? When the Word of God is in us in abundance then when we are pressured....the Word is what comes out of our mouths. The Holy Spirit always gives us peace about the decisions that we make that are the right ones.....unless your talking about whether to eat wheaties or cheerios for breakfast...then those are up to us. :)

Yes, I am, and yes, it is.

If the Holy Spirit always gives peace about the right decisions then every decision I have made or considered so far must not be the right one.

Yes, I am, and yes, it is.

If the Holy Spirit always gives peace about the right decisions then every decision I have made or considered so far must not be the right one.

Hmmmm, only the Holy Spirit and God can tell you that.

I remember awhile back, when i questioned things for over a year. And if i had been settled to the point of complete peace, the enemy would not have been able to torment me. But as i continued to rely on the Lord, for the peace that what i was doing was right......He graciously gave me what i needed to confirm i was on the right path. HIS peace settled me down. But i had to keep going to Him. This was when i was first learning to walk by faith.

Hmmmm, only the Holy Spirit and God can tell you that.

I remember awhile back, when i questioned things for over a year. And if i had been settled to the point of complete peace, the enemy would not have been able to torment me. But as i continued to rely on the Lord, for the peace that what i was doing was right......He graciously gave me what i needed to confirm i was on the right path. HIS peace settled me down. But i had to keep going to Him. This was when i was first learning to walk by faith.
Hmmm maybe I just need to keep doing that then.

I just don't understand why I am not getting a clear answer/confirmation on something so important. I have gotten clear answers on other things. Maybe it's not as big as I think it is then.

I just don't understand why I am not getting a clear answer/confirmation on something so important. I have gotten clear answers on other things. Maybe it's not as big as I think it is then.

Just keep thanking God for wisdom and understanding that He will brign you a clear answer and confirmaton in the way that you should go. And keep thanking God that you are His sheep and you know His voice. Like Jesus told Jairus...stop the fear only believe. :)

@Mykuhl

Just wanted to pass along a verse to you that God gave me today....well yesterday for someone else, but today it really spoke to me and i felt as if it was for you too.

Hebrews 10:35-36
So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you! Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God's will. Then you will receive all that He has promised.

Blessings brother :)

@Mykuhl

Just wanted to pass along a verse to you that God gave me today....well yesterday for someone else, but today it really spoke to me and i felt as if it was for you too.

Hebrews 10:35-36
So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you! Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God's will. Then you will receive all that He has promised.

Blessings brother :)
Thank you very much Cturtle for your faithfulness in keeping me in mind.

Are you pushing the answer ? I mean is your mind at rest or are you constantly filled with this? Some times our minds get so busy we miss it. Just a thought.
Blessings
jim

Its hard to know what you asking for as you didnt really say what your timesensitive situation is.

But if we spirit filled christians, Jesus actually did send us a helper. It is ok to ask for help from Him. And sometimes He does send us people who are His hands and feet. But we must go to Him first.

If he tells us not to go to other people, just trust Him, then do that.

Remember the story of abraham and sarah in the bible. Sarah thought she could circumvent Gods will by having a baby through Hagar. I think abraham and sarah were getting impatient that nothing was happening about thier promised son, so Sarah devised this shortcut. Well you can read what happened in the bible.

Back