What or Who is the Holy Spirit?

the Holy Spirit is the third Person of the Holy Trinity – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Matthew 3:16-17 King James Version

16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

John 14:26 King James Version​

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.​

mostly in the New Testament. He is called by various names, such as “Spirit of God” (Genesis 1:2, 1 Samuel 10:10), “Spirit of the Lord” (Isaiah 61:1), “Spirit of truth” (John 14:16-17), “Spirit of Jesus” (Philippians 1:19), or “Holy Spirit” (Psalm 51:11, Matthew 28:19).

In Judaism Ruach Ha Kodesh (Hebrew: רוח הקודש) is the Hebrew word for Holy Spirit or Holy Ghost.

• He is eternal (Hebrews 9:14)
  • He is omnipresent (Psalm 139:7-10)
  • He is omniscient, meaning that He knows everything (1 Corinthians 2:10-11)
  • He is almighty (Luke 1:35-37)
  • He is holy (Romans 1:4)

This is a great post @siddhikoli
We can too easily forget how hard The Holy Spirit works on our behalf.
Romans 8:26
'Likewise the Spirit also helps us in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we shoild pray for as we ought, but The Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings that cannot be uttered.'
God Bless you Sister.

the Holy Spirit is the third Person of the Holy Trinity – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Matthew 3:16-17 King James Version

16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

John 14:26 King James Version​

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.​

mostly in the New Testament. He is called by various names, such as “Spirit of God” (Genesis 1:2, 1 Samuel 10:10), “Spirit of the Lord” (Isaiah 61:1), “Spirit of truth” (John 14:16-17), “Spirit of Jesus” (Philippians 1:19), or “Holy Spirit” (Psalm 51:11, Matthew 28:19).

In Judaism Ruach Ha Kodesh (Hebrew: רוח הקודש) is the Hebrew word for Holy Spirit or Holy Ghost.

• He is eternal (Hebrews 9:14)
  • He is omnipresent (Psalm 139:7-10)
  • He is omniscient, meaning that He knows everything (1 Corinthians 2:10-11)
  • He is almighty (Luke 1:35-37)
  • He is holy (Romans 1:4)

All of that is correct.

Back