What Makes God Puke????

Revelation 3:16 .........
"So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth."

Several years ago I gave a sermon based on this Scripture and asked the question......"What makes God puke"???

Ever since I was in war, I can not stand the sight of blood. I once saw an x-ray of the knew I was having replaced and I passed out.
In the Scripture above, Jesus is talking to the Church of Laodicea. He told them they had a lukewarm attitude toward Him and it made Him sick. So sick, He wants to puke. Now what about what about what God sees in us.

Probably we would say first SIN! Then we could classify different sins.

Then I would say "sitting on the fence"....Lukewarm. Not hot or cold, just alive.

What about LAZINESS?

Take time to think about it and post what YOU think makes God puke!

To the regenerated the God he see his children. But to the unregenerated I’m sure he sees all those things. The wheat and the chaff live side by side until the appointed time, even within the church.

This evokes the time Jesus mixes his spit with the dirt to make some mud to put on the blind man's eyes. The germ-a-phobes would have a fit.

I don't think 'puke' is the correct word. That implies an involuntary reflex. Perhaps 'spit'?
"PUKE" was MY word.

1692. emeó
Strong's Concordance
emeó: to vomit
Definition: to vomit
Usage: I vomit forth.

Strong's 1692
eméō – properly, vomit (MM); (figuratively) repulsed, showing utter rejection (desiring total separation); "to reject with extreme disgust" (WP, 6, 321) is more appropriate than SPIT in the context of Rev. 3:16!

This evokes the time Jesus mixes his spit with the dirt to make some mud to put on the blind man's eyes. The germ-a-phobes would have a fit.

But the CONTEXT of Jesus using spit to mix with dirt was to HEAL the blind.

In Rev. 3:16 from which I used, "Spue" contextually is used by Jesus to show TOTAL REJECTION.

Two opposite directions.

WE are missing the POINT!!!!

Focus on What you makes God SICK TO HIS STOMACH is the question ????

So, to get a better view..................

Whilst God does correct his children. Does the passage refer to God spitting his children out of his mouth eternally?

Whilst God does correct his children. Does the passage refer to God spitting his children out of his mouth eternally?

The Scripture in question from the Revelation is concerning the SEVEN churches.

Now, going to church does not make anyone saved. The churches of the world are full of religiose people. To the religouse of Jesus day, He said...............

Matthew 7:22-24.............
"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

So the answer is..........Those in the text ARE NOT God's children. God's children are those who have come to Christ by faith in the gospel and hace committed their lives to Him.

Back