Were any of the visions and sightings of Mary legit then?

Can you imagine this, from the Council of Trent:

"If any one shall deny that the body and blood together with the soul and divinity of our Lord Jesus Christ, and therefore entire Christ, are truly, really, and substantially contained in the sacrament of the most holy Eucharist; and shall say that He is only in it as a sign, or in a figure, or virtually – let him be accursed." (Canon 1)

Some of my RCC acquaintances have told me they were taught that it's symbolic, even though their own Cannon 1 says they are anathema for believing that.

When I asked my RCC acquaintances who believe what Cannon 1 claims, and why nobody therefore takes that wafer to be scientifically analyzed after being adored, they said that would be an act of disbelief, and would instantly turn it back into a wafer....

Hmm. 🤔 Maybe they should be writing creative movie scripts, given that they can come up with such creative dodges to being pinned down and shown what all this really is.

Additionally, verification and validation are a matter of disbelief?

Why not use it to BOLSTER belief if in fact it's all real?

Their argument can go both ways....

MM​

"If any one shall deny that the body and blood together with the soul and divinity of our Lord Jesus Christ, and therefore entire Christ, are truly, really, and substantially contained in the sacrament of the most holy Eucharist; and shall say that He is only in it as a sign, or in a figure, or virtually – let him be accursed." (Canon 1)

Some of my RCC acquaintances have told me they were taught that it's symbolic, even though their own Cannon 1 says they are anathema for believing that.

When I asked my RCC acquaintances who believe what Cannon 1 claims, and why nobody therefore takes that wafer to be scientifically analyzed after being adored, they said that would be an act of disbelief, and would instantly turn it back into a wafer....

Hmm. 🤔 Maybe they should be writing creative movie scripts, given that they can come up with such creative dodges to being pinned down and shown what all this really is.

MM​
During the early 1600s, Hocus Pocus was a name commonly adopted by a juggler or magician. The name, and the words 'hocus pocus,' which were often chanted during tricks involving sleight of hand, is believed to be a perversion of the Latin blessing from the Catholic mass, Hoc est corpus meum, or “This is my body.”

MM​

Transfiguration has to be one of the strangest dogmas ever conceived.

MM​
Ever worse is if any holds that we are justified by faith alone thru grace alone let therm be damned!

Back