Unified Belief

I appreciate this analogy to music but there is a corollary: if we do not agree with one another then at least one of us is wrong. Who will be the person to admit fault? No one, I hazard to guess. Thus we are back where we started.
True we are all individuals with different beliefs. I might think Jesus was white another says black I might think English is God's language etc...
As long as it is not a salvation issue it is all good - maybe even interesting gives us something to fuss over lol.
I probably took your comment to lightly - so throw some mud...
God bless

What do we do? It seems to me we can only act as individuals by acknowledging the potential that we are wrong and in that spirit show contrition and humility towards others. If I may be wrong then you may be right, or we both may be wrong. If I truly want to follow the path set forth by Jesus then I must accept this unpleasant fact and let go of my desire to be correct in the first place. This takes us to a strange place: to follow Jesus I must let go of Jesus, from a certain point of view.
See post #20.

Just to expand a little on @crossnotes post of 2 Corth. 5:10, I would say to you that Paul is motivated by the awareness of this coming judgment, and he wants his readers to be motivated by it, as well.

If we are NOT motivated by that fact, we might want to confirm that we are actually saved!

You see, God's grace to us in forgiving sin does not mean He's careless about how Christians live our earthly lives. We will stand before Him and be held to account for our choices. That accountability does not affect our eternal destiny but It declares our time as spent here on earth as well or foolishly, courageously or cowardly, in faith or in spiritual blindness and selfishness.

IF you have spent any time at all on Christian forums, including this one, then you have seen those who call themselves Christians berating other Christians and calling them names and that should never happen! When it does I can tell you that the one doing it is not saved at all! If he/she was then they would not make that choice.

Paul is saying that the consequences of reward or reprimand in that moment of judgment will be genuinely pleasurable and/or painful, based on the choices we have made in our bodies on this side of eternity.

SO........YOU DO NOT LET GO OF JESUS! You instead hold Him closer than ever before!

True we are all individuals with different beliefs. I might think Jesus was white another says black I might think English is God's language etc...
As long as it is not a salvation issue it is all good - maybe even interesting gives us something to fuss over lol.
I probably took your comment to lightly - so throw some mud...
God bless

Brother..........Everyone knows that Jesus was from ALABAMA! ROLL TIDE!

oh brother, then will you forgive me of all the bull dog jokes I make about you? (hehe)
Absolutely!

Hey, by the way, did you here the story about the coach of the 7 year old little league team??????

It seems that one young boy was really aggressive. The coach called him over and asked him......
"Son, do you realize this is a team sport"?

The boy said YES sir.

He asked, Son, "Do you realize that we all have to get along to win"?

The boy said, YES sir.

He asked the boy, Son, do you realize that when the umpire makes a call you do not like, you can not call him a dumb head, or say things like get your head out of your butt. Do you understand that????

The boy said, YES sir.

The coach then said to the little boy.......GOOD, NOW WILL YOU GO OVER THAT TELL YOUR MOTHER ALL OF THAT!

True we are all individuals with different beliefs.
this is the key everyone is wired different and that is ok provided we are anchored to the Lord Jesus CHRIST. KNOWING HIM FROM THE FREE pardon of sin. i was doing some more reading on Mary Magdelene this morning very interesting study.. i read in some part of time somebody started a teaching Mary and Jesus was married .
that we have to stand against along with some of the other stuff that is not Bible . for those who hold to water Baptism salvation. if they think they have to hold to that so be it. for me i will never agree i feel we all ahve just enough oil to take care of our self.

i asked a young lady at work do you go to church . yes she went when she goes .next are you saved? i hope i am then i was baptized, confusion on her part. red flag raised

this is the key everyone is wired different and that is ok provided we are anchored to the Lord Jesus CHRIST. KNOWING HIM FROM THE FREE pardon of sin. i was doing some more reading on Mary Magdelene this morning very interesting study.. i read in some part of time somebody started a teaching Mary and Jesus was married .
that we have to stand against along with some of the other stuff that is not Bible . for those who hold to water Baptism salvation. if they think they have to hold to that so be it. for me i will never agree i feel we all ahve just enough oil to take care of our self.

i asked a young lady at work do you go to church . yes she went when she goes .next are you saved? i hope i am then i was baptized, confusion on her part. red flag raised

Agreed, baptism is a commission, a testimony of the new birth.
Salvation is by Jesus Christ's atonement and the oil is symbolic of the Holy Ghost in us, an individual affair.

SO........YOU DO NOT LET GO OF JESUS! You instead hold Him closer than ever before!
When I say 'to follow Jesus I must let go of Jesus' I don't mean to actually let go of Jesus. Rather, I mean let go of my certainty that I have exclusive knowledge and understanding of Jesus. In other words, I must accept that in instances where I and another disagree it's possible that I or the other could be wrong.

Most of the doctrinal arguments I see online and in person stem from one or another person's inability to accept this possibility. This is why I don't argue matters of denomination. I simply see no value in such things. Of course this opens up the door for so-and-so to say, "then you must not be saved", blah blah blah, and to that I simply smile and walk away.

What do we do? It seems to me we can only act as individuals by acknowledging the potential that we are wrong and in that spirit show contrition and humility towards others. If I may be wrong then you may be right, or we both may be wrong. If I truly want to follow the path set forth by Jesus then I must accept this unpleasant fact and let go of my desire to be correct in the first place. This takes us to a strange place: to follow Jesus I must let go of Jesus, from a certain point of view.

Just follow God's word.
The Bible says there will be great deceptions in the end times and they both are here...BIG TIME.

Out of the 66 books of the Bible, with some 32000 verses by some 35/36 authors...remember there are only three things we Bible Christians must do to receive eternal salvation;
Repent
Get baptized
Live a righteous life ....until the end...according to God's word.

Caution; Do not, DO NOT attach yourself to the new, NEW AGE RELIGION INTERPRETATIONS OF THE Bible, they are wrong.

Last edited:
When I say 'to follow Jesus I must let go of Jesus' I don't mean to actually let go of Jesus. Rather, I mean let go of my certainty that I have exclusive knowledge and understanding of Jesus. In other words, I must accept that in instances where I and another disagree it's possible that I or the other could be wrong.

Most of the doctrinal arguments I see online and in person stem from one or another person's inability to accept this possibility. This is why I don't argue matters of denomination. I simply see no value in such things. Of course this opens up the door for so-and-so to say, "then you must not be saved", blah blah blah, and to that I simply smile and walk away.
I understand!

However, when it comes to the Lord Jesus Christ and disagreements on Him, someone has to be right and someone has to be wrong.

Mark 8:29
“And he saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Peter answereth and saith unto him, Thou art the Christ.”

It always comes down and back to what the Bible actually says. Many, Many people will say this and that but when you investigate what they say the Bible says, there is a discrepancy!

Allow me to give you an example.............
Catholic's, and many others will tell you that the "Bible says that infants must be baptized in water."

Southern Baptist will tell you....."The Bible does not say INFANTS should be baptized to be saved".

This is not a result of the Bible presenting a confusing message on baptism. Who is right?

Actually......The Bible does not record any infants being baptized at all!!!! From Jesus to the Apostles, there is no instance where baptism is prescribed in order to be saved or born again and no instance where the baptism of infants is prescribed.

Now those who argue that the Bible says it does say INFANTS are to be baptized will use................
“She was baptized, with her household” (Acts 16:15)
“He was baptized at once, with all his family” (Acts 16:33;)
“I did baptize also the household of Stephanas.” (1 Corinthians 1:16)

Now.........does any of those say INFANTS??????

NO. IT says HOUSEHOLD and FAMILY.

The Bible is abundantly clear of what baptism is, who it is for, and what it accomplishes. In the Bible, only believers who had placed their faith in Christ were baptized - as a public testimony of their faith and identification with Him. Water baptism by immersion is a step of obedience after faith in Christ. It is a proclamation of faith in Christ, a statement of submission to Him, and an identification with His death, burial, and resurrection.

Now, I did not say that to start anything about INFANT baptism, I did it just to show how we can make a doctrine out of nothing WHEN WE WANT TO!

lol.
There is truth to that
1. Cor. 9:22 Paul said he is all things to all men.
Amen!
image-1.jpg

Actually...... there is no instance where baptism is prescribed in order to be saved or born again ....
What Bible do you follow?

My Bible tells me it is required....KJV 1611 edition;

Peter 3: 21.... whereunto even baptism doth also now save us...
Acts 2;38-....Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins .....

Acts 22;16... And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins.....
KJV Marrk 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved.....
KJV Matthew 3:14... But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me? 15. Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now, for thus it becometh us to fulfil all rightesousness.
John 3; 22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.

There are other references.

If you wish to show me the KJV 1611 edition of the BIble says...baptism is not required for the remission of sin.......I would like to see it.?

What Bible do you follow?

My Bible tells me it is required....KJV 1611 edition;

Peter 3: 21.... whereunto even baptism doth also now save us...
Acts 2;38-....Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins .....

Acts 22;16... And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins.....
KJV Marrk 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved.....
KJV Matthew 3:14... But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me? 15. Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now, for thus it becometh us to fulfil all rightesousness.
John 3; 22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.

There are other references.

If you wish to show me the KJV 1611 edition of the BIble says...baptism is not required for the remission of sin.......I would like to see it.?
This is interesting and would make me wonder why Paul would say
1 Corinthians 1:14,17 ESV
I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius,

and follow up with..
[17] For Christ did not send me to baptize but to preach the gospel, and not with words of eloquent wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

I mean if we are saved by baptism why would Paul refuse administering baptism to all except Crispus and Gaius?

Back