Two part salvation in one step. Simply put

crossnote

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
1.The Person: Scripture has concluded ALL under sin both Jew and Gentile (Rom 3:9).
Eternal life to be received by faith in the Person of Jesus Christ.

2.The Work, in the light of our sin and failure, Jesus fully and perfectly kept the law in mankind's stead (active obedience), as well as bore our sin and punishment (passive obedience), that whoever looks to Jesus for salvation on account of their sin, their faith (coupled with Christ's shed blood), will be counted as righteousness (for sufficient entrance into heaven).

Comments?

There are historic teachings that say the OP is anathema; that it leads to Hell. Granted, much has changed since then, and is changing radically even today, as we are all seeing, the promoters of which call that "proselytizing."

Under the guise of ecumenicalism, the masses are being drawn into what Revelation shows to us is not only on the horizon, but almost upon our very door steps.

Be ready to give an answer for the hope that is in your heart, both in season and out of season...and we are IN the season right now!

MM

There are historic teachings that say the OP is anathema; that it leads to Hell. Granted, much has changed since then, and is changing radically even today, as we are all seeing, the promoters of which call that "proselytizing."

Under the guise of ecumenicalism, the masses are being drawn into the gorizon of the Revelation as much as we are simply moving along the dispensation ;but almost upon our very door steps.

Be ready to give an answer for the hope that is in your heart, both in season and out of season...and we are IN the season right now!

MM
Historic would be the Catholic dogma .....Right?

Yes, the rejection of Christ lead to Hell. That is not ecumenicalism but the Word of God.

Personally, I do not believe that we are "being drawn" into the horizon of the Revelation as much as we are simply moving along the dispensation of time and the events of the Revelation are at the end of that dispensation.

And yes, we are in that season which began on May 14, 1948 when the Jews were placed back into the Land they were promised.

Yes, I wonder if 'ecumenicals' even believe in a hell?
I think that we would be shocked at what Christians believe.

Example.......A Pew survey last year showed that 30% of those who identify as Christian — believe in reincarnation.
What is shocking about that is that there is not one single word in the Scriptures about that subject.

Nationwide, that same survey found that only 62% of Americans believe in a literal hell. Pew also found that Black Christians and Republicans are among the most likely to believe in hell.

I think that we would be shocked at what Christians believe.

Example.......A Pew survey last year showed that 30% of those who identify as Christian — believe in reincarnation.
What is shocking about that is that there is not one single word in the Scriptures about that subject.

Nationwide, that same survey found that only 62% of Americans believe in a literal hell. Pew also found that Black Christians and Republicans are among the most likely to believe in hell.
I suppose all the above mean that those in the ecumenical movement actually believe in a literal hell.:whistle: :rolleyes:

I suppose all the above mean that those in actually believe in a literal hell.:whistle: :rolleyes:
That is not what I was saying. Sorry to confuse you. I was only trying to show that the basics of Biblical truth in Christiainity is failing.

The definition of ecumenism is “the organized attempt to bring about the cooperation and unity among Christians.”

Ecumenism can also be defined more broadly: “a movement that promotes worldwide unity among all religions through greater cooperation.” For example, a Christian priest may invite a Muslim imam to speak in his pulpit, or a church may get together with a Hindu temple to hold a joint prayer service. Defined this way, ecumenism is definitely wrong.

The rejection of Biblical truth for the sake of UNITY is un-Biblical!

I know for a fact that the 7th Day Adventist reject a literal hell. *
JW'S reject a literal hell .*
Mormons do not teach a literal hell *
Catholic Pope denies the existence of hell ***
Hindus do not believe in a literal hell.
Budists do not believe in a literal hell.
Muslims - the premise of hell by Prophet Muhammad: a place largely symbolic, extremely inclusive but not eternal.

Southern Baptists on Wednesday (June 14,2023) called hell an "eternal, conscious place of punishment" for those who do not accept Jesus, rebutting a controversial book from Michigan pastor Rob Bell that questions traditional views of hell.

* = Not a Biblical Christian denomination.
*** = In March 2018, Pope Francis denied the existence of Hell.

1.The Person: Scripture has concluded ALL under sin both Jew and Gentile (Rom 3:9).
Eternal life to be received by faith in the Person of Jesus Christ.

2.The Work, in the light of our sin and failure, Jesus fully and perfectly kept the law in mankind's stead (active obedience), as well as bore our sin and punishment (passive obedience), that whoever looks to Jesus for salvation on account of their sin, their faith (coupled with Christ's shed blood), will be counted as righteousness (for sufficient entrance into heaven).

Comments?
Agreed...2 parts to salvation.

Gods Part.
Our Part.

That is not what I was saying. Sorry to confuse you. I was only trying to show that the basics of Biblical truth in Christiainity is failing.
I understood, I just added my 2¢ via a bit of sarcasm.
I was using the term 'ecumenism' in the sense of a mindset, that doesn't take God's word seriously and thinks unity can be achieved through committees, cooperation, and compassion rather than the Cross of Christ and His Gospel.

I understood, I just added my 2¢ via a bit of sarcasm.
I was using the term 'ecumenism' in the sense of a mindset, that doesn't take God's word seriously and thinks unity can be achieved through committees, cooperation, and compassion rather than the Cross of Christ and His Gospel.
I also understood.

It just seems to me that when "ecumenism" is involved it also ends with the literal Word of God being watered down to make it acceptable to those who question it.

There are historic teachings that say the OP is anathema;
Which, #1 or #2 or both? I suppose you are referring to the RCC which is currently more interested in saving the planet, rather than souls. There are so called 'historical teachings' which keep changing their tune.
God's Word is historical enough for me.

Last edited:
Which, #1 or #2 or both? I suppose you are referring to the RCC which is currently more interested in saving the planet, rather than souls. There are so called 'historical teachings' which keep changing their tune.
God's Word is historical enough for me.

Here is a short video that hits home as to why the "RCC," as you called it, considers both to be anathema.

In short, what the above video above hits on are those works...not of the Law of Moses, but of the things in daily life that would naturally flow out from a life that has been born anew, filled with Holy Spirit, and flows outward to others naturally. It doesn't have to be based upon effort, with building massive cathedrals, or applying self to various rituals. It's all about the Lord Christ showed to the prostitutes, and beggars and tax collectors.

MM

Well, they anathematized sola fide at the Council of Trent, Session VI. That was bad enough... for the faith.

If I may, CN, I'd like to say something that contradicts so many common narratives out there.

So many times I've heard people say that "So-and-so," or "Such-and-such, has done great damage to the cause of Christ..."

Upon reflection, thinking about the scriptures in how they describe the Lord of Glory, I fail to see how any one or any thing can possibly do anything that does harm in the least bit to the plans and overall control the Lord has over all of creation. I simply don't buy it.

So, given the absolute control over all of creation the Lord has, and that the powers the demons have, all of them all the way up to Satan, all came from God, and can therefore be withdrawn from them by the Lord at any point of His choosing, not anyone has the power to foil the Lord's plans for every life that has ever breathed on this planet.

So, when we see what we THINK is some form of harm, and superimpose that harm over onto the magnificent and glorious Power wielded by the Most High, knowing that He works by moving through the sea of all the lives of this world throughout all its history, that's where I draw the line.

Thanks for the discussion.

MM

I tend to view ecumenicals as humanistic denying the miraculous...even hell itself.
in my soft approach i reject ecumenicals and list it as false doctrine. i would love to put it in more plain words .. but were so afraid of offending . we have play tiny tim tip toe through the tulips. Jesus said it best beware of the leaven of the Pharisees

Back