This Is Only a Test

1 John 4:1 says, "beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world."

How do we test the spirits?

First, how do we determine what is spirit? My own definition would be that
a spirit (not to be confused with the Spirit) is the ideology of one's own mind that dictates the thought and actions of that individual.For example, I have a political leaning that I am set on that predestines my thoughts and actions toward the dictates of my spirit or, specifically, preset ideologies.

Since the original sin with Adam and Eve we have a predestination (don't get hung on this word) toward sinful ideologies. Ideologies, or spirits, of Haman or Jezebel are common terms in the Christian circle. However, spirits aren't as obvious as we might believe. These spirits of humankind are corrupt mindsets against the people of God and those spirit ideologies dwell with us today.

What I am leaving here for your own discernment and discussion is how do we test the spirits?

DISCLAIMER:
Although the term predestination and false prophets came up in my use of Scripture and words please avoid these topics as they may take us into regulated discussion points. Thanks.

1 John 4:1 says, "beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world."

a spirit (not to be confused with the Spirit) is the ideology of one's own mind that dictates the thought and actions of that individual.For example, I have a political leaning that I am set on that predestines my thoughts and actions toward the dictates of my spirit or, specifically, preset ideologies.

Since the original sin with Adam and Eve we have a predestination (don't get hung on this word) toward sinful ideologies. Ideologies, or spirits, of Haman or Jezebel are common terms in the Christian circle. However, spirits aren't as obvious as we might believe. These spirits of humankind are corrupt mindsets against the people of God and those spirit ideologies dwell with us today.

What I am leaving here for your own discernment and discussion is how do we test the spirits?

DISCLAIMER:
Although the term predestination and false prophets came up in my use of Scripture and words please avoid these topics as they may take us into regulated discussion points. Thanks.

Good question brother and I am so very glad you asked.

2nd Corth. 11:13-15 warns us that .......
“such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.”

So, the reason for testing the spirits, for testing all religious teaching, is to see if it is truly from God or if it is a lie from Satan through one of his servants.

The test is to compare what is being taught with the clear teaching of the Bible. The Bible alone is the Word of God; it alone is inspired and inerrant. Therefore, the way to test the spirits is to see if what is being taught is in line with the clear teaching of Scripture.

In Acts 17:10-11 the Berean Jews were commended because, after they heard the teachings of Paul and Silas, they “examined the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so.” The Bereans were called “noble” for doing so.

Testing the spirits means that one must know how to “examine the Scriptures.” Rather than accept every teaching, discerning Christians diligently study the Scriptures so as to "Verify" what a man says to what God has already said!!!!

this is the way I see how testing the spirits work; for example,

lets say, I was dating a wonderful man, and he said he was in love with me, but I don't see any evidence....I would go and talk to another man, to test him and see what he would do. if he wasn't that bothered, and never asked me who it was, or what we were talking about, and why, I would have evidence he didn't care.

godly jealousy, isn't bad, it shows you care.

DISCLAIMER:

Hello Nazarene Servant;

The second most important Spiritual test was prior to my wife and me getting married. I met her through mutual friends overseas. It was a mix between my faith, as well as my physical and (fleshly) attraction toward her. I'll also add I was 27 and she just celebrated her 26th birthday.

Before she was a thought I had been praying each day for God to bless me with a wife. When we met we wrote letters (no internet or media electronics in the 80s) and after 8 months we were getting serious.

There were two Scriptures that were anthems to me.

Matthew 6:33, 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

Proverbs 18:22,
22 He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord.

Next, I went to my Pastor and shared with him that I met a nice lady and was getting serious. I asked him to help me understand the context of these verses. So he helped me.

My Pastor actually touched on 1 John 4:1, 1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

He helped me let go of the human analysis, replacing it with discernment of what God says about a decision that I desired and wanted to make. A decision that would impact the rest of my life.

We were married and the next test was the early stages of living together, getting to know her habits. I didn't consider having any habits, just qualities. But she didn't consider my qualities, instead my quantities of habits. lol!

We went through a horrible experience of a six month miscarriage. This tore us apart and could we survive this? Another test.

The years went by and we were not getting along and both contemplated divorce. I tried to manipulate the Scriptures to justify my leaving her. The false prophets, the worldly counsel tried to reason with me, I'm free to do with what I please with my life. Another test.

To top it all off, God was calling me into ministry. My faith and marriage was all driving me crazy because of these tests of the Spirit.

In time, the discernment of the second most important decision after receiving Christ was beginning to reveal something most profound.

All the challenges my wife and I went through brought us both closer together. Our marriage is stronger for it and we will celebrate our 36th anniversary this June 1st.

We feel more secure in our marriage and I got choked up telling my wife that one day one of us must go first before God. She lovingly looked me in the eyes and said, "You can go first." 😳

This is my second most important test of the Spirit in my life but that doesn't mean there will be more.

As long as we have God by our side through each test of the Spirit, so be it!

How do we test the unseen spirits? How do we hear the things of God not seen and not that of mankind seen? What tools has he given us to make it possible or impossible to deceive the elect Christians ? What would make it impossible to deceive the sons of God the Christians? It would seem others believe signs as wonders? Other than that which we had in part which ended with the last new revelation before it was sealed with seven seals. There is nothing by which we could try the spirits .We have the perfect called “face to face” in the knowledge and wisdom of God also referred to as “faith to faith” the unseen to the same unseen understanding. The gospel .

Mark 13:22 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect. But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

I would offer one thing needed to rightfully divide (no adding or subtracting) is the poetic language of parables. By it we can try the spirits

Therefore we have the privilege of the tools to try the spirits that he has given in order to find the unseen spiritual understanding hid in parables. Without parable Christ spoke not .We must search using the proper tools in order to find the poetic tongue of God. Each metaphor has an assigned meaning that goes along with the literal historical rendering.

2 Corinthians 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

That is a very valuable tool used to try the spirits or try the poetic signified tongue of God.

The book of Revelation is understood after the signified understanding or poetic tongue of God. Not only is it inspired but also signified.

The Holy Spirit introducing from the very beginning how we can understand the signified understanding or called hidden manna in 2:17 of Revelation.

Revelation 1 King James Version (KJV) The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

That way in trying the spirits we can know if inspired from earth as a doctrine of men or oral tradition of men (the spirit of man) inspired from earth .or that which falls like rain from heaven the tongue of God inspired from heaven

He instructs using a parable below (Deuteronomy 32) teaching how to walk by faith of Christ that works in us. The devil earthly as if loosed on earth bound in the unseen heaven. Those who turn things upside down in order to take away the understanding of God.

Deuteronomy 32 King James Version (KJV) Give ear, O ye heavens, and I will speak; and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth. My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass: Because I will publish the name of the Lord: ascribe ye greatness unto our God. He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgments: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

In that it can be compared to other literature to see if it is written as signified using the same metaphors .(the signiture of Christ parables). Like for instance the book of Mormon. It has no use of parables it mentions parable of the Bible only to change the understanding. Like the parable of the Mustard Seed, They teach it signifies the book of Mormon.

He has given us tools needed to rightly divide the parables Again they hide or veil the meaning from the unbeliever The end of teaching us how to walk or understand God who faithfully works in us with us to both will and empower us to believe unto salvation .

If any man today says thus says the lord or he is there or I had a dream or vision we are to believe not. That kind of spirits is earthly inspired of the devil making false prophecy.

Deuteronomy 32 King James Version (KJV) Give ear, O ye heavens, and I will speak; and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth. My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass: Because I will publish the name of the Lord: ascribe ye greatness unto our God. He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgments: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

In that it can be compared to other literature to see if it is written as signified using the same metaphors. Like for instance the book of Mormon. It has no use of parables it mentions parable of the Bible only to change the understanding. Like the parable of the Mustard Seed, They teach it signifies the book of Mormon.

He has given us tools needed to rightly divide the parables Again they hide or veil the meaning from the unbeliever The end of teaching us how to walk or understand God who faithfully works in us with us to both will and empower us to believe unto salvation .

If any man today says thus says the lord or he is there or I had a dream or vision we are to believe not. That kind of spirits is earthly inspired of the devil making false prophecy.

Back