The REAL Miracles, and Greater Things

I wrote this in a private message to someone, and wanted to share it here with you:

...I have friends in the Reformed grouping, and we get along just fine, for I care not at all what men may believe about God working miracles [of healing] today or not, even through mortal men. I've never seen nor heard of men gifted with healing going in and emptying hospitals, but it also seems reasonable that it's not the Lord's way of doing His work among men.

Realistically, the apostles who worked such did not do so of their own power. Those who were healed, such as sight restored, how many of them in later life had dimmed vision once again, and how many healed of leprosy ended up dying of something else later [possibly of some other disease]? I married a woman brought up in the Charismatic movement groups, but [what I've learned is that] the "weightier" aspect of our lives in the Lord should be more focused on spiritual living and walking by faith. THAT'S the power for living in Christ Jesus.

When I bathe a suffering man or woman in prayer for their strengthening in spirit and mind, I am calling out for something that is eternally lasting, not just temporal. THAT is the essence of what the Lord wanted us to learn.

Think about it: Jesus told them they would do even GREATER things than what He did! Do you get that? It is FAR greater to heal a broken and weak heart and spirit than a broken and diseased body that will still perish in this world. I see no reason to focus BACK upon the former, for the latter is a GREATER power and miracle than the merely physical.

It is in suffering through sickness, such as the disease that I have right now, and that is killing my body, that I am made stronger in Christ. Healing might only cause me to slide once again back into the ineffective comforts of health. I would not trade this disease for health if it ever meant that I would then be enticed back into ineffective comfort. It is only after being diagnosed that I was able to break free from the comforts of health and enter into a vastly more deep and intimate relationship with the Lord that I now have.

All to the glory of God our Father, Who has glorified Jesus and His name above all names.

MM

What do you mean by ineffective comforts of health?

For some, being healthy is actually a far worse thing for them than to be healthy. I'm a prime candidate for that proof. It wasn't until I was afflicted that I was driven closer to the Lord and the realization of my need for Him. My walk of faith has become much deeper and more solid than when I had my health.

Paul was denied healing:

2 Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

I can now relate to this moreso than I ever could in health.

The intent of my post wasn't to convey the idea that all healthy people are not walking in the depths of faith. It's just that hard-headed old buzzards like me sometimes need infirmities that shove us up under the shadow of the wings of the Almighty...

Psalm 91:4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth [shall be thy] shield and buckler.

I needed the shade of His wings because I wasn't seeking that shelter on my own while living in health.

MM

For some, being healthy is actually a far worse thing for them than to be healthy. I'm a prime candidate for that proof. It wasn't until I was afflicted that I was driven closer to the Lord and the realization of my need for Him. My walk of faith has become much deeper and more solid than when I had my health.

Paul was denied healing:

2 Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

I can now relate to this moreso than I ever could in health.

The intent of my post wasn't to convey the idea that all healthy people are not walking in the depths of faith. It's just that hard-headed old buzzards like me sometimes need infirmities that shove us up under the shadow of the wings of the Almighty...

Psalm 91:4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth [shall be thy] shield and buckler.

I needed the shade of His wings because I wasn't seeking that shelter on my own while living in health.

MM
I kind of half understood your post, I was on the brink of believing that what you meant was its good to be ill.
and I was confused...
but then I thought, well, what is health? I suppose, to me, health is being able to do the things I want. And in that case then, I am not healthy , and agree with your sentiment.

I wrote this in a private message to someone, and wanted to share it here with you:

...I have friends in the Reformed grouping, and we get along just fine, for I care not at all what men may believe about God working miracles [of healing] today or not, even through mortal men. I've never seen nor heard of men gifted with healing going in and emptying hospitals, but it also seems reasonable that it's not the Lord's way of doing His work among men.

Realistically, the apostles who worked such did not do so of their own power. Those who were healed, such as sight restored, how many of them in later life had dimmed vision once again, and how many healed of leprosy ended up dying of something else later [possibly of some other disease]? I married a woman brought up in the Charismatic movement groups, but [what I've learned is that] the "weightier" aspect of our lives in the Lord should be more focused on spiritual living and walking by faith. THAT'S the power for living in Christ Jesus.

When I bathe a suffering man or woman in prayer for their strengthening in spirit and mind, I am calling out for something that is eternally lasting, not just temporal. THAT is the essence of what the Lord wanted us to learn.

Think about it: Jesus told them they would do even GREATER things than what He did! Do you get that? It is FAR greater to heal a broken and weak heart and spirit than a broken and diseased body that will still perish in this world. I see no reason to focus BACK upon the former, for the latter is a GREATER power and miracle than the merely physical.

It is in suffering through sickness, such as the disease that I have right now, and that is killing my body, that I am made stronger in Christ. Healing might only cause me to slide once again back into the ineffective comforts of health. I would not trade this disease for health if it ever meant that I would then be enticed back into ineffective comfort. It is only after being diagnosed that I was able to break free from the comforts of health and enter into a vastly more deep and intimate relationship with the Lord that I now have.

All to the glory of God our Father, Who has glorified Jesus and His name above all names.

MM
Musicmaster, I truly enjoy your thread.
We can be like Paul ...content in ALL situations. And you are testimony to this... That your spiritual life is of GREATER importance.

I truly like these testimonies from our members. Thank you for sharing Music Master. God bless you. Belinda

Musicmaster, I truly enjoy your thread.
We can be like Paul ...content in ALL situations. And you are testimony to this... That your spiritual life is of GREATER importance.

I truly like these testimonies from our members. Thank you for sharing Music Master. God bless you. Belinda

Belinda, I'm so thankful for all of you who love God, love His word, and speak such blessing to others of His children.

God is so amazing and so vast in His Love, His Power, and in all that He has given to us. I made a feeble attempt at creating, in sound, as an instrumental praise of the Lord, the following song I adapted from some secular tune. Since all music belongs to the Lord with His being the creator of every note, every scale, I give to Him the glory for the beauty in music,

Massive

Hope you all enjoy this one.

MM

Belinda, I'm so thankful for all of you who love God, love His word, and speak such blessing to others of His children.

God is so amazing and so vast in His Love, His Power, and in all that He has given to us. I made a feeble attempt at creating, in sound, as an instrumental praise of the Lord, the following song I adapted from some secular tune. Since all music belongs to the Lord with His being the creator of every note, every scale, I give to Him the glory for the beauty in music,

Massive

Hope you all enjoy this one.

MM
Musicmaster, beautiful! Each song and I've listened to 4 thus far, has a different "feel" to it, if you will. The tribal song... are they saying Baba Yeshua? And would that be YOU singing WITH the choir?

Something I've said, and believed, since I was saved (and I'm sure I've said it elsewhere on this forum somewhere) is that the re-creation of man in the new birth and his/her salvation in Christ; it's a miracle greater than even the first creation event. It's a very powerful thing indeed.

And where you've said:
It is FAR greater to heal a broken and weak heart and spirit than a broken and diseased body that will still perish in this world

That it is! I could not agree more wholeheartedly than am right now!

This post is a blessing to us all. Thank you!

May god watch over you and your family, and keep you safe from all harm. Amen.

Musicmaster, beautiful! Each song and I've listened to 4 thus far, has a different "feel" to it, if you will. The tribal song... are they saying Baba Yeshua? And would that be YOU singing WITH the choir?

Oh, no. That's a traveling African Christian group who go all over the world performing. They are singing to the Lord in their language. I wish I had such talent in my voice. I linked to that in my Soundcloud account, and so it ended up in the que that others hear as well.

Some of those tunes are my originals, and others are tunes I worked with other artists across the country and around the world. If you click on the photos, it will enlarge the play screen and show comments entered that are a little more informative. Working in collaboration is the only way to get more productivity in projects. I mostly do drums, all the orchestral instruments, cathedral pipe organs, and LOTS of bass since I'm a bass freak. If you have really good headphones or speakers, you will hear great richness in the bass I put into my studio mixing process.

Enjoy

Something I've said, and believed, since I was saved (and I'm sure I've said it elsewhere on this forum somewhere) is that the re-creation of man in the new birth and his/her salvation in Christ; it's a miracle greater than even the first creation event. It's a very powerful thing indeed.

And where you've said:

That it is! I could not agree more wholeheartedly than am right now!

This post is a blessing to us all. Thank you!

May god watch over you and your family, and keep you safe from all harm. Amen.

Chris, thank you for your wonderful messages.

I stand with you all in praise unto the worthy Lord and Savior who has poured out His mercy and salvation upon us.

One of my chief aims is to point always to the Lord, speaking words of encouragement to seek His Spirit in prayer where we pour out our thanksgiving and a seeking heart that He would grow us all collectively into an effective body of witness and uplifting to all the saints about us.

Keep climbing that highest of mountains, pulling others up who are behind, and helping yet others retain their foothold, and thus pushing them higher who are above us as they help to pull us up with them.

Blessings to you all.

MM

Hello MM;

This is a beautiful thread and a good note to end on today. As I was reading your thread and other's posts, a few thoughts came across me.

When we read and meditate on God's Word, after time we're able to share more substance in our testimonies and teaching which stimulates discernment, reflection, pondering and learning with same like minded disciples, producing fruit from relating and discussing whether we agree or disagree, resulting in one accord.

Up until I was 33 years old, I was in decent health and was very active in sports or could handle heavy work. My setback was feeling overconfident and defining myself as being prosperous - I felt good, looked good, spoke good but gave no glory due to my God.

I was on "my way" without realizing, this got in "The Way" of my faith.

In 1990 I learned I had type II diabetes. My heart sank. How could this happen to me? Was this God getting my attention? I don't know. I do know I was defying my diabetes and thought it would just go away, after all, I'm a healable physical being. That was 31 years ago.

I don't know if my diabetes is reversible, but have accepted my physical condition of frozen shoulder, sugar levels high and low at times, sluggishness, and other symptoms but have learned to manage my diabetes and exercise to live a productive life for His glory.

I may not have the physical abilities I once had as a young whipper snapper, but God is not limited. At 64 He has blessed me with new talents, not as intense, but am able to be productive, this time for His glory.

For years I loved playing sports and having good physical health was too important for me. But things have changed in the last 31 years. God did get my attention. I have accepted where "I am," but this time with the great "I AM."

It has resulted in a spirit of contentment, except for my wife. I tell her that as much as I love her, I always want more (of her.)

God bless you, MM, and thank for sharing this topic. It made me think.

I can see us all, standing before the Throne, hands lifted in total surrender, voices crying out in praise to He who sits on the Throne, who is worthy...and singing a song that resonates through the stars of Heaven.

Wow. I'm just too sold out in giving glory to the Lord. In our posts, I hear the songs in my mind that you all exude through your words.

Being an artist is a gift from God. If you too can hear our collective praises, then we are indeed in one accord in Christ Jesus.

Amen, and good night.

Thanks, Bob, for such a wonderful testimony. It brought even greater glory to God in the Highest, and His using you in so many ways of His choosing. His Sovereignty, the one thing so many people in this fallen world hate about God, is a wonderful, glorious part of His nature that I love so much.

Thank you, Lord above, for ALL you do that is in accordance with Your perfect and glorious pleasure.

MM

God bless you, MM, and have a blessed week. Now, I have some Massive music to listen to.

Listening to MASSIVE through a system with 16" and 24" subwoofers is...oh, my. When you can FEEL the music, and yet still carry on a conversation in front of the speaker system, THAT is what I call a serious sound system. It's like getting CPR while standing up and talking!

I was in The Guitar Center in Wichita one Saturday, and an acquaintance of mine was working there that weekend, and he heard me playing some of my music through their sound system, and he walked in there once he was free from customers, and asked what I had done to get such deep, rich bass.

When I told him that I took real uprights and bass guitar live sound samples and dropped them an entire octave, he went right into the software department and set aside a copy of the programming I use. I knew he played uprights, but taking his own instrument down an octave below what the real thing could go, that made a HUGE difference to him and other people in there.

Thank you for the blessings, my friends. I am indeed blessed that the Lord chose to instill within me a gift for music creation. For years I've had symphonies locked away in my head and heart, with no way to get them out for others to hear. Modern technology has made that possible in so many ways I did not foresee in those years past.

Spiritual Eclipse

Here is what the script for this site is doing to the addressing at Soundcloud

Oh, NOW it's working! Oh, figures! Leave it to me to find something that works sometimes, and doesn't at others.

HAHAHA!

May the Lord bless YOU, one and all...

MM

Say, Bob, what did you and your pastor friend decide on that series of nine steps on how to study the Bible?

Hi MM;

Yes! This is from Grace Ambassadors' How to Study the Bible. The good thing about the study is we can pull the outline or MP3 (Justin Johnson) for each lesson. We prefer the outline but will decide later.

The pastor has been a candidate in our church since January, and during the interview process he has been teaching a series on Prayer which should be done during May. We plan to start the Nine Lessons following.

Thank you for the recommendation, MM.

It was a pleasure to share something worthwhile, Bob. Believers sometimes need an encouraging boot-to-da-booty to get into the scriptures.

Grace Ambassadors? Is thtat this Mid-Acts dispensational group?
Or is it altogether something else?

Hey MM;

I've been needing a little kick myself. lol!

Hey crossnote, I'm pretty sure we're on the same page.

God bless you both and thanks!

Back