The Names and Titles of the Lord Jesus Christ.

What is Jesus really like? HIs names reveal His true character. When we understand His love, compassion, and mercy, we will put our total trust in Jesus.

Let`s write one name or title and see how far we can go with exalting our Lord Jesus.

Just one at a time please so others can contribute. Later on we can each add another and so on with space to let others contribute.

Jesus is the good shepherd who lays His life down for the sheep.

"The Lord is my shepherd." (Ps. 23: 1)

"I am the good shepherd......and I lay down My life for the sheep." (John 10: 11 & 15)

1700004394636.png

The Great I Am.
`And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." (Ex. 3: 14)

This Name is unfolded in later revelation as the citadel of omnipotent might, omniscient mind, and omnipresent mercy. Yea, hereby we approach and enter the castle of infinities, including incorruptibility, immortality, inexhaustibility, indestructibility, impregnability, infallibility, immutability, and such like, and in every case these characteristics apply to His being, wisdom, power, holiness, justice, goodness and truth, together with all other attributes of His deity.

From the very essence of originating entity, all other titles and names of Godhead emerge, all virtuous attributes arise, and all magnificent perfections in their multiplicity pour forth their celestial radiance and renown.

His Name is the effulgent fullness of all the brightest glories of light, the essential essence of the deepest mysteries of life, and the exuberant ecstasies of the highest secrets of love. His Name baffles exposition, His titles are altogether beyond calculation, and the wealth of His designations bewilder every means of valuation.

(Ref. C.J. Rolls)

`And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." (Ex. 3: 14)

This Name is unfolded in later revelation as the citadel of omnipotent might, omniscient mind, and omnipresent mercy. Yea, hereby we approach and enter the castle of infinities, including incorruptibility, immortality, inexhaustibility, indestructibility, impregnability, infallibility, immutability, and such like, and in every case these characteristics apply to His being, wisdom, power, holiness, justice, goodness and truth, together with all other attributes of His deity.

From the very essence of originating entity, all other titles and names of Godhead emerge, all virtuous attributes arise, and all magnificent perfections in their multiplicity pour forth their celestial radiance and renown.

His Name is the effulgent fullness of all the brightest glories of light, the essential essence of the deepest mysteries of life, and the exuberant ecstasies of the highest secrets of love. His Name baffles exposition, His titles are altogether beyond calculation, and the wealth of His designations bewilder every means of valuation.

(Ref. C.J. Rolls)
Messiah
Immanuel
Christ
Prophet
Savior:

Son of David
King of the Jews
The Good Shepherd
Bread of Life
Light of the World
The Door
Man of Sorrow
The Way
The Truth
I Am
Alpha & Omega
Lamb of God
Root of David
The Word
Arm of the Lord
Light of the World
The Branch
Morning Star
Servant
Redeemer
The Gate
Mediator
Cornerstone

Thank you Major for contributing, however I did specifically ask in the OP for `one at a time,` so that all may contribute. It would be good to have the scripture and even a short explanation on that.

Perhaps, try again with ONE Name or Title of our Lord.

The Word of God.

`In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. ` (John 1: 1 - 2)

`The Word was made flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory. ` (John 1: 14)

`He was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and His name is called “The Word of God.” (Rev. 19: 13)

Behind the expression of sound, speech, and substance lies the fact of thought. The philosophy of Hebrew doctrine declares that behind thought is a thinker, whose mind is infinite in wisdom and knowledge.

The Word of life in past centuries had been expressed in speech (Heb. 1: 1). The evidence of the invisible Godhead was also demonstrated in a tangible creation. However, it was not until the manifestation of Christ that humanity received a clear and full revelation of God`s personal being.

(Ref. C.J. Rolls)

Back