The Love of Christ

Cosia

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Exec. Secretary
John 3:16 (KJV)
For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Jesus Christ, God's only Son left his heavenly home to come down to the earth so that you and me could have everlasting life.
Christ knew how much he would suffer, yet he willingly paid the penalty of our sins to save us. Christ never sinned he loved God his Father, and he loved us so much he let them drive the nails through his feet and hands. They spat at him slapped him, and scourged him, they derided him and made him wear a crown made from thorns and crucified him.

But what did Jesus say about them when he was dying on the cross but "Father forgive them for they know not what they do." Why? because he died for them too. What love!

The first time I saw a picture of Jesus carrying his cross I was devastated. I reached my arm out as if to help him and my heart was filled with love for him.

Jesus means everything to me yet I let him down so many times and he forgives me. Jesus is Pure Love, Perfect Love

What does The Love of Christ mean to you?
How has Christ's Love helped you?

God Bless you all.

`

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much, Cosia, for quoting John 3:16. That one line of scripture says it all. "16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

The sacrifice that Christ made for all Believers is a gift so precious that we should all pray daily and thank God for that sacrifice. Our eternal life with God and Christ, at our earthly passing, will be a truly marvelous experience and we should all be 'eternally' grateful.

May God Bless.

`

Thank you Cosia.

As I read your inspiring post I was thinking about the differences and the synchronicity between the Love of Christ, and the love for Christ. The Love of Jesus Christ for all humanity and the love of Christians for Christ Jesus.

The unconditional Love of Christ, always there, and our love for Christ, always growing in gratitude for His Love of us.

Both have saved me, uplifted me and compelled me to move forward in life.

God bless you.

Thank you so much, Cosia, for quoting John 3:16. That one line of scripture says it all. "16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

The sacrifice that Christ made for all Believers is a gift so precious that we should all pray daily and thank God for that sacrifice. Our eternal life with God and Christ, at our earthly passing, will be a truly marvelous experience and we should all be 'eternally' grateful.

May God Bless.

`
And not one of us deserve it. We have the most wonderful God. His love surpasses all.
Thank you Pastor Gary for your beautiful post. It is so upliiftimg to be reminded that we will be with the Lord. Then we will be able to thank and praise Jesus our Saviour face to face, along with everyone else.

Thank you Cosia.

As I read your inspiring post I was thinking about the differences and the synchronicity between the Love of Christ, and the love for Christ. The Love of Jesus Christ for all humanity and the love of Christians for Christ Jesus.

The unconditional Love of Christ, always there, and our love for Christ, always growing in gratitude for His Love of us.

Both have saved me, uplifted me and compelled me to move forward in life.

God bless you.
Thank you blueskies that is a great reminder of just how immense God's love is and how we fall short in our capacity to love God. To love God with all our heart is a beautiful gift God has given us.
We are well blessed in this forum where people love The Lord and care about each other.
God Bless

I have often heard people say we should not be emotional. Is LOVE emotional ? As we have said the love that Jesus has is pure. Love can be very emotional. And there were times when it was so for The Lord Jesus.

John 11:34-36 (KJV)
34. And said, Where have ye laid him? They said, unto him, Lord come and see.
35. Jesus wept.
36. Then said the Jews, Behold how He loved him.

I believe Godly love can be emotional.

What are your thoughts?

Ain't no way that it can't be emotional. Every time I think about how good God is to us Believers and how much He loves us, I get me a bunch of emotional.

I don't usually get tears in my eyes, but just thinkin' about how God takes care of us, makes me thankful and genuinely happy with tears of joy.

Y'all have a good day, now, 'ya hear...

`

In what ways can we show our love to one another?
By listening, just listening.

No judgement, no advice, no admonishment.

It sounds simple, but to actually listen, with an open heart, is often not easy.

If you’re just listening then it’s not about what you think, what you would do, or what you want to say. Rather, it’s all about what someone needs to say to unburden themselves, their heart, and their soul.

It’s a blessed gift when you find someone who cares enough to just listen.

Philippians 2: 3-4
β€˜Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of others.'

John 3:16 (KJV)
For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Jesus Christ, God's only Son left his heavenly home to come down to the earth so that you and me could have everlasting life.
Christ knew how much he would suffer, yet he willingly paid the penalty of our sins to save us. Christ never sinned he loved God his Father, and he loved us so much he let them drive the nails through his feet and hands. They spat at him slapped him, and scourged him, they derided him and made him wear a crown made from thorns and crucified him.

But what did Jesus say about them when he was dying on the cross but "Father forgive them for they know not what they do." Why? because he died for them too. What love!

The first time I saw a picture of Jesus carrying his cross I was devastated. I reached my arm out as if to help him and my heart was filled with love for him.

Jesus means everything to me yet I let him down so many times and he forgives me. Jesus is Pure Love, Perfect Love

What does The Love of Christ mean to you?
How has Christ's Love helped you?

God Bless you all.

`

Hello Cosia;

John 3:16 is the anthem of God's promise. I'll be reciting this during worship service tomorrow.

I have a question for you.

I noticed you use larger fonts as I started doing last year. Why do you use larger fonts? I have my reasons but I want to hear yours first.
😎 lol!

God bless
you, sister.

Hi bobinfaith
I have hardly any sight left, caused first by a burst blood vessels behind the centre of my left eye. First was macular degeneration, then cancer round my eye. Now cataracts and they do not want to operate as I had two operations to remove the cancer. The last operation was a major one. It is caused by the sun.

So it takes me a long time to post. I can't always see my typos.
It Made me very mindful that other people have sight problems so I started using larger font. I have to use glasses and magnifyimg glass to read.
God Bless bobinfaith

Hello Cosia;

I'm sorry for your health issues concerning your eyes. I have an Aunt with macular degeneration. Everyone wears glasses including myself.

I'm using a larger font at CFS for those who find this easier to read.

I have three different types of glasses, progressives, reading glasses and computer glasses. Though my eyes aren't what they used to be, God's promises remain constant. What a relief!

Let's continue to serve Him the best way we can knowing the wonderful plans He has for each of us who trust and follow Him.

God bless you, sister.

Matthew 14:13-14
13, When Jesus heard of it he departed from there by ship into desert place apart: and when the people heard of it, they followed Him by foot out of the cities.
14. And Jesus went forth, and saw a great multitude, and was moved with great compassion toward then, and He healed their sick.

And as we know it didn't end there. Jesus fed the multitude. He was concerned for their physical well being as well as their spiritual.

Verse20
20. And they all did eat, and were filled, and they took up of the fragments that remained 12 baskets full.

21. And they that had eaten were about five thousand men besides women and children.

Jesus healed them and fed them. Jesus died so we can live but He is concerned with our earthly welfare too.
How Great is His love.

John 21:5-6
5. Then Jesus saith unto them, Children have ye any meat? They answered Him, No
6. And he said unto them, Cast the net on the right side of the ship, and ye shall find. They cast therefore, and now they were unable to drawing it for the multitude of fishes.
β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†

Jesus had great love for his apostles. They even ask for help but he was there for them. And supplied them with much more than they would have thought to ask for..

I wonder if we ever think our leaders, our pastors, may sometimes be in any kind of need would we rush to be there, I hope so.
β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†

John 21:12
Jesus saith unto them come and dine. And none of the disciples durst ask who art thou? Knowing that it was tge Lord.
John 21:13
Jesus then cometh, and taketh bread, and giveth them and bread likewise.

β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†,

The love of Christ was even greater. He knew the fishermen, his apostles, had been working through the night with no success.
Here he was, The Son of God, standing on the beach cooking breakfast for his apostles.
Jesus How Great is Thy Love !

Ephesians 3:17‐19 (NLT)
17. Then Christ will make his home on your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God's love and keep you strong.

18. May you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is.

19. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.

----------

When I read these verses it fills me with fresh hope, and reminds me of the enormous depth of love that Christ has for each person. And it renews my determination to follow the Lord and keep strictly on the narrow path.

When you read those verses how does it make you feel?

God Bless all who read these verses .

JESUS LOVES THE LITTLE CHILDREN

Luke 18:15,16
One day some parents brought their little children to Jesus so he could touch and bless them. But when the desciples saw this, they scolded the parents for bothering him.

16. Then Jesus called for the children and said to the desciples, "Let the children come to me. Dont stop them. For the kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these
children."
β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†

Jesus wants us to become like little children. In what ways do you see we should become like them?

Jesus wants us to become like little children. In what ways do you see we should become like them?
I am trying to work on be more patient, kinder, and to become less selfish and more humble.

I see these attributes in His teachings, and I believe if I can improve on these, it will be better for those around me, and it will bring me closer to Him.

A win-win.

Back