The Ignobility of Revenge!

I've been perusing the repertoire of online series and movies, and there's quite a few created in the past decade plus that touch upon the seeming nobility of revenge...in the name of justice, of course.

Movie creation, especially in the narratives in discourse, attempts to shift one's sentiments in support of the one seeking revenge. The script will even have the actors claiming that the justice aspect of the endeavor for revenge is somehow inherently filled with redeeming value, thus swaying the unwary viewer (which describes much of modern culture) sympathizing with the vengeful aggressor as the real hero.

This is all some seriously messed up paradigm shifting away from blind justice, which we have seen demonstrated in our courts. The psychological undercurrents that are powerful in undermining the free thought processes of the average person, this all is clearly a preparation for what's coming, which is seemingly justifiable persecution against one or more groups of people who are not deserving of the hate and murder that will be perpetrated against them. The enemy is subtle, but not invisible to those whose eyes have been opened:

2 Kings 6:17 And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain [was] full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

The Lord still does this today, but more in the physical realm rather than the Heavenly. He gives to us His thoughts and His ways when asked, and through that, He enables His people to see beyond the smoke screens of falsehoods and outright lies that are so evident beyond the normal, human sight we have in the natural.

Thoughts?

MM

I've been perusing the repertoire of online series and movies, and there's quite a few created in the past decade plus that touch upon the seeming nobility of revenge...in the name of justice, of course.

Movie creation, especially in the narratives in discourse, attempts to shift one's sentiments in support of the one seeking revenge. The script will even have the actors claiming that the justice aspect of the endeavor for revenge is somehow inherently filled with redeeming value, thus swaying the unwary viewer (which describes much of modern culture) sympathizing with the vengeful aggressor as the real hero.

This is all some seriously messed up paradigm shifting away from blind justice, which we have seen demonstrated in our courts. The psychological undercurrents that are powerful in undermining the free thought processes of the average person, this all is clearly a preparation for what's coming, which is seemingly justifiable persecution against one or more groups of people who are not deserving of the hate and murder that will be perpetrated against them. The enemy is subtle, but not invisible to those whose eyes have been opened:

2 Kings 6:17 And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain [was] full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

The Lord still does this today, but more in the physical realm rather than the Heavenly. He gives to us His thoughts and His ways when asked, and through that, He enables His people to see beyond the smoke screens of falsehoods and outright lies that are so evident beyond the normal, human sight we have in the natural.

Thoughts?

MM
Marie Winn, an internationally known journalist, wrote an excellent book on the pitfalls of the visual mass media named The Plug-In Drug. In it she points out the dangers presented by this media in short-circuiting the critical thinking process. When we read or hear media, we must rely on our brains to provide the needed visual imagery to interpret the semantic concepts being conveyed in the messages. Not so with visual media, which is why propagandists ranging from marketing advertisers to political propagandists rely heavily on the media to brainwash entire populations into doing the propagandists' bidding.
Hollywood is the pioneer and chief producer of such media, but it is not the chief consumer. Government and liberal groups use this media to corrupt the minds of people, mainly children, youth, and lazy non-critical thinking adults.
The real source behind the corruption is Satan.
I highly recommend giving Winn's book a read.

I've been perusing the repertoire of online series and movies, and there's quite a few created in the past decade plus that touch upon the seeming nobility of revenge...in the name of justice, of course. Movie creation, especially in the narratives in discourse, attempts to shift one's sentiments in support of the one seeking revenge. The script will even have the actors claiming that the justice aspect of the endeavor for revenge is somehow inherently filled with redeeming value, thus swaying the unwary viewer (which describes much of modern culture) sympathizing with the vengeful aggressor as the real hero. This is all some seriously messed up paradigm shifting away from blind justice, which we have seen demonstrated in our courts. The psychological undercurrents that are powerful in undermining the free thought processes of the average person, this all is clearly a preparation for what's coming, which is seemingly justifiable persecution against one or more groups of people who are not deserving of the hate and murder that will be perpetrated against them. The enemy is subtle, but not invisible to those whose eyes have been opened: 2 Kings 6:17 And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain [was] full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha. The Lord still does this today, but more in the physical realm rather than the Heavenly. He gives to us His thoughts and His ways when asked, and through that, He enables His people to see beyond the smoke screens of falsehoods and outright lies that are so evident beyond the normal, human sight we have in the natural.
Thoughts? MM

Hello Musicmaster;

The Ignobility of Revenge!
gives good food for thought especially for those who are entertained by this concept.

What stands out with me is the lone man or woman with incredible fighting abilities and smarts, taking on the whole gang of enemy who brought pain and death to the lone man or woman, or their closest loved ones. Again, this may be entertainment but when we look at it from another angle, these avengers don't need God. They can single handedly take on anyone by themself and enjoy sweet revenge, end of the show.

It may just be entertainment but these kinds of stories can get engrained in the minds of those imagining the concept of personal vengeance.

This is not the way God works. Many times when I was attacked by the Goliaths, I laid my weaknesses before God, asked Him to search me first, then guide me even through my mistakes, failures and when those darts and arrows were shot at me, but He always works it out for His good.

God is our Avenger, Romans 12:19-21, 19 Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” 20 To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” 21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Verses 20-21
reminds me of when I was someone's enemy and led me to repentance because of God's protection and kindness to them.

God bless you, MM.

Thoughts?

MM

Worf said................"Revenge is a dish best served cold".

Back