Journal The Garage

When I was a kid, we would visit the island of Crete where my mother was from.
All of us children would collect snails, and gather greens for my aunt to cook.
One time they were all empty, and I still remember her laughing about it.
Anyway, I still remember my sister "rescuing" one, and setting it free in our backyard.
It made on the plane in her purse. I doubt it survived in the NYC borough of Queens for long.
Its funny the memories we keep. I remember feeding it romaine lettuce.
What a wonderful contribution.... This brought my heart great JOY to read.

I have a similar story that was told to me.... there was a wedding on a small touring ship where I am living.
Part of the decor ( for some reason ) were bowls of gold fish on the tables.
After what I'm sure was a few "drinks".... one of the guests came up with the brilliant plan of setting their goldfish free
and releasing them overboard.... proudly shouting....... BE FREE little FISH...... BE FREE. HAHAHAHA.

What a wonderful contribution.... This brought my heart great JOY to read. I have a similar story that was told to me.... there was a wedding on a small touring ship where I am living. Part of the decor ( for some reason ) were bowls of gold fish on the tables. After what I'm sure was a few "drinks".... one of the guests came up with the brilliant plan of setting their goldfish free and releasing them overboard.... proudly shouting....... BE FREE little FISH...... BE FREE. HAHAHAHA.

Good morning, In Awe of Him;

I don't mean to spoil the fun but was the touring ship on salt or freshwater? Most goldfish are freshwater fish.

I would hate to know that hundreds of goldfish were later seen floating on top of the water.

1714402638575.png😎1714402676357.png😎1714402687606.png

Attachments

• 1714402641147.png
    1714402641147.png
    19 KB · Views: 0
  • 1714402643736.png
    1714402643736.png
    19 KB · Views: 0
I don't mean to spoil the fun but was the touring ship on salt or freshwater? Most goldfish are freshwater fish.
This was a Chief Commanda II ship wedding... It was on Lake Nipissing. If the fish made it through the FALL.... they should have been ok.

Oh my goodness... my little pansies have stuck out their little seedy heads.... so tiny.
I should have planted them with my pepper and tomato plants... they will be late in blooming but oh my goodness... if they take... their happy little faces will be in time for July 1st Canada Day celebrations.... HA.

It's shopping day... .grocery day... My meal for the Fire Department is on the 13th of this month. This will complete all of the platoons at the Fire Station and in June... the rotation will begin again.

Happy Thursday everyone. It's been a dreary... rainy week but the temperatures are starting to climb into the double digits.... I SMELL SPRING!!!!!!

Have you thought about making spaghetti and meatballs for the Fire Department? It's been awhile since I had spaghetti and meatballs and I enjoyed a bowl on Monday this week.

It's been sunny but a comfortable cool here and we're expecting rain this Saturday. The rain seems to come from the Pacific Ocean and west of Canada. We also get alot of fog 🌫️ in Daly City being surrounded by 3 layers of water, two of them being the Pacific Ocean and the SF Bay. My wife loves the weather here.
I enjoy our hot time of the year during June through September.
☀️

Have you thought about making spaghetti and meatballs for the Fire Department? It's been awhile since I had spaghetti and meatballs and I enjoyed a bowl on Monday this week.
Meatballs vs meat sauce.... HAHA.... That is quite the DEBATE. I have never been a meatballs girl. I have learned to make Italian meatballs... and they are DELICIOUS... but I seem to always favour a meat sauce. This issue with making spaghetti is that it must be eaten immediately after being prepared... or else the noodles get sticky and all clump together. Having someone collect a meal from my house to be consumed hours later means... It preferably comes in a CASSEROLE type form... so that it can easily be reheated. So... things like manicotti and lasagna win the integrity test for such a meal.

I have a friend who lives in Creston, BC.... so she is on YOUR side of the country. I visited there a great many years ago. Such a lovely part of the world. Orchards upon orchards. I do not like HOT weather.... I know... I'm WEIRD. HAHA. I can't do humidity.... the minute I get too hot... I am instantly sick to my stomach. This is the main reason I moved from Southern Ontario to the North. The weather is much easier to handle where I am now. Plus... living on the lake gives me that "lake effect"... and this agrees with me.

The weirdest thing for me is the time difference. 3 hours time difference... that just boggles my mind. HA.

Meatballs vs meat sauce.... HAHA.... That is quite the DEBATE. I have never been a meatballs girl. I have learned to make Italian meatballs... and they are DELICIOUS... but I seem to always favour a meat sauce. This issue with making spaghetti is that it must be eaten immediately after being prepared... or else the noodles get sticky and all clump together. Having someone collect a meal from my house to be consumed hours later means... It preferably comes in a CASSEROLE type form... so that it can easily be reheated. So... things like manicotti and lasagna win the integrity test for such a meal. I have a friend who lives in Creston, BC.... so she is on YOUR side of the country. I visited there a great many years ago. Such a lovely part of the world. Orchards upon orchards. I do not like HOT weather.... I know... I'm WEIRD. HAHA. I can't do humidity.... the minute I get too hot... I am instantly sick to my stomach. This is the main reason I moved from Southern Ontario to the North. The weather is much easier to handle where I am now. Plus... living on the lake gives me that "lake effect"... and this agrees with me. The weirdest thing for me is the time difference. 3 hours time difference... that just boggles my mind. HA.

When I was single I never gave it much thought when I bought spaghetti in a package. It's a pasta. I would pour the pasta in boiling water, stir until it looks like spaghetti and then serve with Ragu sauce (comes in a jar) and meatballs (packaged.) It actually tasted very good.

The spaghetti I had on Monday was served at a restaurant.

I can see why you love Canada. Creston is a beautiful city with nice outdoor things to do.

God bless you, In Awe of Him.

Good morning my beautiful forum family.

Well... yesterday was a BIG day in the garden department. I transplanted my tomato and pepper plants into bigger containers. My neighbour bought me some potting soil and gave me his extra peat moss bag which makes the soil lighter.

I am so impressed that I was actually able to start many plants from seed... especially without a grow light. The tomatoes flopped over after I transplanted them and I thought they were a goner BUT... I noticed that over night they have picked right up and are now standing straight. I have no idea what I have for flowers... but everything is growing. I did plant nasturtiums and pansies ( they are so tiny ). Everything else is basically wild flowers so no idea what the flowers are yet. I just wanted colour for the garden.

I will definitely start my plants from seed next year. I got enough of a good result to realize that even the basic gardener can do this.

Today is supposed to be a BRILLIANT hot day with full sun so I will let everything BASK in the LIGHT.

Happy Tuesday everyone. SPRING has sprung in the North. YES!!!!!!!!! Thank you Father for 4 seasons. Each one is brilliantly precious. This is one of my favourite things about Canada and especially living in the North.

Well... yesterday was a BIG day in the garden department. I transplanted my tomato and pepper plants into bigger containers. My neighbour bought me some potting soil and gave me his extra peat moss bag which makes the soil lighter.

I am so impressed that I was actually able to start many plants from seed... especially without a grow light. The tomatoes flopped over after I transplanted them and I thought they were a goner BUT... I noticed that over night they have picked right up and are now standing straight. I have no idea what I have for flowers... but everything is growing. I did plant nasturtiums and pansies ( they are so tiny ). Everything else is basically wild flowers so no idea what the flowers are yet. I just wanted colour for the garden.

I will definitely start my plants from seed next year. I got enough of a good result to realize that even the basic gardener can do this.

Today is supposed to be a BRILLIANT hot day with full sun so I will let everything BASK in the LIGHT.

Happy Tuesday everyone. SPRING has sprung in the North. YES!!!!!!!!! Thank you Father for 4 seasons. Each one is brilliantly precious. This is one of my favourite things about Canada and especially living in the North.
Do you talk to your plants? They say it is good for them. Whoever "they" is!

Do you talk to your plants? They say it is good for them. Whoever "they" is!

Hello Big Moose;

This is true. When my brother and I were roommates back in the late 70s we played soothing music and spoke in a calm tone to the plants. They grew wonderfully and if I can remember they lived a long time.

We were tempted to play In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida but that would not go well, especially the drum solo!
🥁 lol!

Dave F. Good morning... How nice of you to ask.

My menu was manicotti... greek salad with home made dressing... garlic buns... strawberry cake with fresh strawberries in a glaze.. and whipping cream... plus I made brownies.

There was a communication mix up and the Fire Command Truck pulled up at noon... and the funny thing is that he saw the cake and brownies that I had on the table outside and took that without knocking... He thought that was IT!!! Oh my goodness... so glad I caught him as he was leaving... I told him that I needed to bake the manicotti and that I also had salad. So... he came back at 4:30 to collect EVERYTHING.
From here on in... they are aware that they are coming to pick up at supper time. HAHA. They have a beautiful 6 burner gas range but their oven does NOT shut properly therefore it does not work to do anything but perhaps keep food warm. This is why I have to have ready to EAT from here... and I actually prefer that... so that I know that I have a GOOD and READY meal for them as I am passing it off. I take cooking very seriously. HAHA.

I am dog sitting today. Mr. LOUIE.... a very head strong half Chihuahua/ half dachshund. I usually walk him along the beach when he comes for a visit... but this year... we have NO BEACH.... the water level is very high so there is no place to walk. Every year is a surprise when one lives on waterfront property. This is the highest I have seen the water since I moved here 9 years ago. Anyways... a bit of water trivia... HAHA.

I am exhausted today for some reason... so the dog will be wonderful company... and I will get tons of CUDDLES.

Have a beautiful Tuesday.

Dave F. Good morning... How nice of you to ask.

My menu was manicotti... greek salad with home made dressing... garlic buns... strawberry cake with fresh strawberries in a glaze.. and whipping cream... plus I made brownies.

There was a communication mix up and the Fire Command Truck pulled up at noon... and the funny thing is that he saw the cake and brownies that I had on the table outside and took that without knocking... He thought that was IT!!! Oh my goodness... so glad I caught him as he was leaving... I told him that I needed to bake the manicotti and that I also had salad. So... he came back at 4:30 to collect EVERYTHING.
From here on in... they are aware that they are coming to pick up at supper time. HAHA. They have a beautiful 6 burner gas range but their oven does NOT shut properly therefore it does not work to do anything but perhaps keep food warm. This is why I have to have ready to EAT from here... and I actually prefer that... so that I know that I have a GOOD and READY meal for them as I am passing it off. I take cooking very seriously. HAHA.

I am dog sitting today. Mr. LOUIE.... a very head strong half Chihuahua/ half dachshund. I usually walk him along the beach when he comes for a visit... but this year... we have NO BEACH.... the water level is very high so there is no place to walk. Every year is a surprise when one lives on waterfront property. This is the highest I have seen the water since I moved here 9 years ago. Anyways... a bit of water trivia... HAHA.

I am exhausted today for some reason... so the dog will be wonderful company... and I will get tons of CUDDLES.

Have a beautiful Tuesday.
So, does that make Mr. Louie a Chihuahund or a Dachshuhuahua. I prefer the latter. And, a Dachshuhuahua would need a ladder for the short legs to get on the couch.
Never mind, brain circuits are getting crossed.

P.S. Phonetically that is Dox-who-wa-wa.
Have a great day.

Back