Journal The Garage

Do we honestly CELEBRATE the GOOD NEWS of the bible like we should? Do we get over the moon EXCITED about the words in the bible that speak not only promises ( = assurances) but also declarations of ABSOLUTE TRUTHS? Do we spend appropriate energy and time contemplating and CELEBRATING the numerous and wondrous declarations promised over us because we are Christians???

Good morning, In Awe of Him;

Many Christians celebrate, get over the moon excited and spend appropriate energy from the Bible in different ways.

Christians breed Christians. Enjoy the joy!
😎 👍!!!

God bless you, sister.

January 13th, 2024.

Scripture of the day... Again... not from my devotional... thus the lovely picture. HA

As I was reading this and because we have just celebrated the birth of our precious Jesus...
I wondered if this was perhaps the "birthing of the Blessed Holy Spirit. HA

Jesus promised to send us a comforter... and OH how the HOLY SPIRIT is so good at that.

The Holy Spirit is the mysterious one in the Trinity. I don't quite know or understand how to approach
this part of the Holy Trinity... In the morning when I walk... I always say I love you Father... I love you Jesus...
I love you Holy Spirit... my Magnificent Triune God. There is so much mystery in the trinity... and yet I absolutely
BELIEVE it.

We are buried in snow this morning... and more is on the way.... so it is definitely an indoors day.

Happy Saturday to everyone.

1705138970479.png

January 13th, 2024.

The Holy Spirit is the mysterious one in the Trinity. I don't quite know or understand how to approach
this part of the Holy Trinity... In the morning when I walk... I always say I love you Father... I love you Jesus...
I love you Holy Spirit... my Magnificent Triune God. There is so much mystery in the trinity... and yet I absolutely
BELIEVE it.

When I pray to God each morning regarding the Holy Spirit,
"I love and thank you for dwelling within me, interceding and conveying my prayers to God."

There are days when I say too much to God or I don't know what to say, but God truly knows what's on my heart.

Romans 8:26,
26 Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with sighs too deep for words.
- RSV

God bless you, sister, and thank you for sharing January 13th, 2024.

Don't be discouraged today. You can leave your "what-ifs" and "if-onlys" in the hands of the One who loves you and rules all things.

This is very good news!!!!!!!! No guilt... no shame... no regrets allowed... at this party... Throw it all in the pit of hell where it belongs. Jesus of Nazareth has paid the price for all of it.... Hold your head high... and look toward the hills where your help cometh from.

Happy Sunday to everyone here at CFS.... May God fill your hearts with Joy to overflowing and Peace that surpasses all understanding.

Today I am getting ready to deliver my meal to the Fire Department tomorrow. I am going to prep as many things as I can so that tomorrow is a day with NO STRESS.

Thank you Father for our front-line workers who place their lives in danger on a frequent basis. What an honour and JOY to be able to show a little bit of gratitude.

Unlike human love, which is often fickle and temporary, God's love never fails, no matter what.

In other words... Guess what the topic of my devotional is??

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good.

His love endures forever.
~Psalm 136:1

Father.... THANK YOU that your love endures forever. Thank you that when we are fickle... YOU are FAITHFUL.

Can you think of the many ways God has been FAITHFUL in your life?? I sure can.

Don't be discouraged today. You can leave your "what-ifs" and "if-onlys" in the hands of the One who loves you and rules all things.

This is very good news!!!!!!!! No guilt... no shame... no regrets allowed... at this party... Throw it all in the pit of hell where it belongs. Jesus of Nazareth has paid the price for all of it.... Hold your head high... and look toward the hills where your help cometh from.

Happy Sunday to everyone here at CFS.... May God fill your hearts with Joy to overflowing and Peace that surpasses all understanding.

Today I am getting ready to deliver my meal to the Fire Department tomorrow. I am going to prep as many things as I can so that tomorrow is a day with NO STRESS.

Thank you Father for our front-line workers who place their lives in danger on a frequent basis. What an honour and JOY to be able to show a little bit of gratitude.

I struggle with getting up in the morning and it is discouraging. But I know this is not coming from God so I go into my morning prayer and afterward I feel upbeat and ready to go.

Sunday was a wonderful day. I did a baby dedication of a 1 year old boy from another Church. His parents are the Pastor and his wife. My wife, 20 and 17 year old nephews and 6 year old niece attended with me.

It was a joyous day and this is why each day God gives us is another miracle and His purpose why we wake up each morning. Then it's our honor to serve Him.

God bless you, sister.

I struggle with getting up in the morning and it is discouraging. But I know this is not coming from God so I go into my morning prayer and afterward I feel upbeat and ready to go.

Sunday was a wonderful day. I did a baby dedication of a 1 year old boy from another Church. His parents were the Pastor and his wife. My wife, 20 and 17 year old nephews and 6 year old niece attended with me.

It was a joyous day and this is why each day God gives us is another miracle and His purpose why we wake up each morning. Then it's our honor to serve Him.

God bless you, sister.
How beautiful Bob... This made my heart smile.
I am a morning person... I'm not even going to tell you what time I go to bed. HA I am awake between 4 am and 5 am. My clock is totally opposite to most people. Since I don't have to work... I am able to indulge in this lavish lifestyle. HA.

There's not a day without sin rearing its ugly head and... not a day in which God's abundant mercies are not new.

How blessed we are... that EVERY single morning... we are given a blank canvas to work with... a new page to write in... Thank you Father for your new and ever flowing mercies. There is such hope in that promise... and such comfort knowing that In Christ... all things are possible.

We have stormy weather here where I am. We have certainly made up for all the snow we did not have for Christmas. I think we are now on par with what a normal January should be for the north. The winter sports people are sighing relief I'm sure. We have not been able to partake in any of the normal winter sports due to that lack of snow and warm weather. Usually by this time... the lake is dotted with 100's of ice shacks... and NOT one is up yet... and I haven't heard one snow mobile yet. All the sounds of winter... delayed.

Happy Tuesday everyone.

We have stormy weather here where I am. We have certainly made up for all the snow we did not have for Christmas. I think we are now on par with what a normal January should be for the north. The winter sports people are sighing relief I'm sure. We have not been able to partake in any of the normal winter sports due to that lack of snow and warm weather. Usually by this time... the lake is dotted with 100's of ice shacks... and NOT one is up yet... and I haven't heard one snow mobile yet. All the sounds of winter... delayed.
Happy Tuesday everyone.

I have a question. When we visited Guelph, Erin, Kincardine last September the weather was nice. It is beautiful country, God's country. I took walks while there.

So where you reside the snowy weather right now is the same weather for the towns we visited?

God bless
you, sister.

I have a question. When we visited Guelph, Erin, Kincardine last September the weather was nice. It is beautiful country, God's country. I took walks while there.

So where you reside the snowy weather right now is the same weather for the towns we visited?
Ok... so where you visited this summer... they are under EXTREME COLD WARNING.... they are looking at extreme minus double digits going into tonight.

Where I am living... what we are experiencing is a SNOW SQUALL WARNING.... both are WARNINGS... but different systems ( if that's the right way of saying it. )... In other words... where you were is gearing towards SEVERELY COLD weather... and we are getting snow warnings.

You would think with me being more north that it would be reverse.... I just looked it up and there is just over 4 hours between me and Guelph.

Ok... so where you visited this summer... they are under EXTREME COLD WARNING.... they are looking at extreme minus double digits going into tonight. Where I am living... what we are experiencing is a SNOW SQUALL WARNING.... both are WARNINGS... but different systems ( if that's the right way of saying it. )... In other words... where you were is gearing towards SEVERELY COLD weather... and we are getting snow warnings.You would think with me being more north that it would be reverse.... I just looked it up and there is just over 4 hours between me and Guelph.

Ah, I see. I was thinking of another new member who resides in Burlington.

Thank you for clarifying that and I'll be sure to wear an extra hoody when I come to visit your part of Canada. lol!

1705425863036.png

Thank you for clarifying that and I'll be sure to wear an extra hoody when I come to visit your part of Canada. lol!
HAHA.... In all honesty... we have had the mildest winter that people have seen in over twenty years...
We had a green Christmas....
What is happening this last week or so is actually catch up time... We have had significant snow fall in the last 10 days.
There are NO ice shacks on the lake yet and that is unheard of. I think they will probably start soon as it has been consistently below zero for awhile and the lake seems completely frozen over.

Scripture of the day.

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea.
~Psalm 46: 1-2

Lately... I have noticed that scripture seems to really speak to me. I'm pretty sure that is how it's supposed to be...
but as usual...I think I'm a bit late to the party. HA.
I am no longer afraid to read the bible like I was for a great many years... and it doesn't seem to matter what the problem.... dilemma or situation... there appears to be a scripture for it. How wonderful that God's promises are real and present for today.

What a lovely thing to meditate on... the fact that GOD is our refuge and strength in all situations. WOW.

GOSH.... I slept in this morning and I am behind.... so I have not had time to collect a thought for the day. HA.
I am being picked up for groceries so today is a FREE day. HAHA... NO thoughts today.

It's minus 20... my friend is picking me up for groceries. BRRRRR cold.

note*** Good grief... I only wrote three sentences and still managed to REPEAT myself... Did I mention I'm going grocery shopping??? HAHA.

Last edited:
GOSH.... I slept in this morning and I am behind.... so I have not had time to collect a thought for the day. HA.
I am being picked up for groceries so today is a FREE day. HAHA... NO thoughts today.

It's minus 20... my friend is picking me up for groceries. BRRRRR cold.

note*** Good grief... I only wrote three sentences and still managed to REPEAT myself... Did I mention I'm going grocery shopping??? HAHA.

Dear In Awe of Him;

Nope! No more sleeping in...You have 349 more days to take out the GARBAGE! Get cracking! 🤜😎 lol!!!

We love you, sister!

‘Do not fear [anything], for I am with you; Do not be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, be assured I will help you; I will certainly take hold of you with My righteous right hand [a hand of justice, of power, of victory, of salvation].’
~Isaiah 41:10

Well... I had a beautiful visit from three firemen with a vase of flowers... to thank me for the meal I provided on Monday.
Such a lovely gesture ( that certainly wasn't expected or necessary ).

It's been a bit of a challenging week for me because I am suffering with something that I am not understanding and I can't get my blood work done until Monday because it's almost minus 30 and I have to take the bus. My doctor is checking for something called Phlebitis. Whatever it is... IT is very uncomfortable and almost to the point of being painful. The back of my legs are sore to touch... so I am spending most of the day with my runners on in standing position. A learning curve to type with my keyboard on a box on my kitchen table. HA.

So.... this is why I have not had much to say. Hopefully by early next week I will at least know what this condition is.

In the meantime... I am going to just rest... and worship.

Back