The Doctrine of Marriage

Marriage, as a creation of God, and as defined by God in Genesis 2, was never relinquished by God over to governments to be redefined nor governed by governments. It has been called an "institution" by many a commentator, and that too fails to tread the terrain of honesty and to recognize marriage for what it truly is as defined in Genesis 2.

There are MANY people out there who have that silly piece of paper from City Hall who are still living in fornication and/or adultery. Some of them even had a ceremony with man-made vows, and are still living together in sin because of their failures to adhere to the biblical definition of marriage as stated in Genesis 2.

Oh, oh. MM strikes again....

MM

Hello Musicmaster,

I never been married so I do not know what is like. There is nothing wrong with going to the justice of the peace - and for some states it is required for married people to put in for their taxes or whatever it is.

I don't judge people who are married by whatever it is they have used, but do not really see man and man , or woman and woman married according to Biblical definition though they can do it by the state.

Those are my thoughts on the subject, the marriage is a ceremony where a man and woman become one flesh - thus the instinct of survival of the self because the survival of togetherness.

Genesis 2:24 This explains why a man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one.

God will be looking on the hearts of individuals, not piece of paper that may or may not be required by the state a person lives in.

Thank you for a moment of your time, and I could always be wrong in my estimation.

Hello Musicmaster,

I never been married so I do not know what is like. There is nothing wrong with going to the justice of the peace - and for some states it is required for married people to put in for their taxes or whatever it is.

No state requires governmental recognition of a marriage. Taxes are a different matter. Those who would "marry" for tax reasons are married for the wrong reason, with which I'm sure we'd both agree.

I don't judge people who are married by whatever it is they have used, but do not really see man and man , or woman and woman married according to Biblical definition though they can do it by the state.

Agreed.

Those are my thoughts on the subject, the marriage is a ceremony where a man and woman become one flesh - thus the instinct of survival of the self because the survival of togetherness.

This is confusing. The ceremony has nothing to do with a man and woman becoming one flesh. Ceremonies are purely man-made, not God-mandated. Ceremonies, licenses, vows, exchanges and all the other man-made trappings are not what make a marriage, which I again assume we can both agree. None of those things are necessary for a marriage to be legitimate in the eyes of God.

Genesis 2:24 This explains why a man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one.

Agree. Therein is the problem for some. There are those who had vows, exchanges, licenses and all the other trappings of man-made conventions, and yet still never met the three criteria God established in that verse.

God will be looking on the hearts of individuals, not piece of paper that may or may not be required by the state a person lives in.

Thank you for a moment of your time, and I could always be wrong in my estimation.

I'm sure we can agree that what matters most is that God is always right. The legalized divorce rate shows that many couples, even though they had the license and such, were still not married in accordance with Genesis 2. The lack of commitment, with so many running to divorce courts as if those things ever had the power to nullify and break apart what the Lord commanded from the beginning, they are seriously mistaken.

Additionally, this is not about judging any one or any thing. This is about observing the fruit. I confessed to my wife a number of times that, yes, we men are indeed hit daily with temptations to even just look with our eyes, and that I fight that temptation by diverting my eyes and commanding inwardly that the evil of temptation be gone, and it flees (so to speak). The unseen enemy and the flesh are powerful forces against which we must remain vigilant and always at war in order to "persevere unto the very end."

God's definition, unfortunately, is not upheld as the defining force for marriage. Instead, many couples look upon the ceremony and the piece of paper as items easily broken and thrown aside just in case "...things don't work out." What they fail to realize is that the Lord never, at any time throughout all His written word and all of history, ever turned over to mankind or his government the Lord's own sole, sovereign authority over marriage and its definition. Couples would do well to remember that. It's bad enough that unbelievers do as they do, but when we see those who profess Christ as their Lord doing as the unbeliever, that's a problem, and I address it to them when confronted with it, rather than to stick my head in the sand, pretending it's none of my business.

Thanks for your thoughts.

MM

Marriage, as a creation of God, and as defined by God in Genesis 2, was never be redefined nor governed by governments. It has been called an "institution" by many a commentator, and that too fails to tread the terrain of honesty and to recognize marriage for what it truly is as defined in Genesis 2.

There are MANY people out there who have that silly piece of paper from City Hall who are still living in fornication and/or adultery. Some of them even had a ceremony with man-made vows, and are still living together in sin because of their failures to adhere to the biblical definition of marriage as stated in Genesis 2.

Oh, oh. MM strikes again....

MM

MM........I aggree and marriage was always between 1 man and 1 woman. The way it has morphed into a legal institution is more for the protection of the wife than the husband. The lifelong union of a man and a woman always has promised nobility and dignity to all persons, without regard to their station in life.

Because when a woman is married, it means that her husband can not just up and leave her with no economical resources. It protects her and her children against starvation and homelessness.

The piece of paper is the legal right to expect fair treatment when the marriage ends.

In Bible days......Divorce was actually very easy---if the husband said so.

Deuteronomy 24:1 said that a husband could divorce his wife if he found ‘something objectionable’ about her or there was some indecency in her – though just what is meant by objectionable or indecent is not said. A bad cook? Extravagant? Bad hair day ?

If she did not have family to go to........she was dead.

MM........I aggree and marriage was always between 1 man and 1 woman. The way it has morphed into a legal institution is more for the protection of the wife than the husband. The lifelong union of a man and a woman always has promised nobility and dignity to all persons, without regard to their station in life.

Because when a woman is married, it means that her husband can not just up and leave her with no economical resources. It protects her and her children against starvation and homelessness.

The piece of paper is the legal right to expect fair treatment when the marriage ends.

In Bible days......Divorce was actually very easy---if the husband said so.

Deuteronomy 24:1 said that a husband could divorce his wife if he found ‘something objectionable’ about her or there was some indecency in her – though just what is meant by objectionable or indecent is not said. A bad cook? Extravagant? Bad hair day ?

If she did not have family to go to........she was dead.

Interestingly, the history of the licensing system in this country is said to have been based upon creating a legal means for racially mixed couples to legally marry in spite of laws on the books of most states against interracial marriages. Dare they marry without a license, and they were both subject to arrest and prosecution. similar to that cause and effect is the requirement to possess licensing from the state for possession of explosives. If caught with such material without licensing, and one is subject to prosecution.

As to protecting the woman (shrug), I've heard that, but could not find any history on that particular purpose behind the licensing system. It seems to me that it was more of a power grab by states and then the federal government in the Marriage Act of 1911 (if I got that right). There were some who had that sentiment over the years, but marriage and divorce being under the purview of the government drawn us into a sordid and wicked for of institution whereby the man is most generally under the governmental boot, crushed to powder, even when it was not his doing.

Regan is the one, when governor of Californication, who signed into law the no-fault marriage allowance, which only opened the floodgates for all other states to follow suit. And now government is allowing all manner of perverse "unions," and we STILL hear demands that all couples should rush down to City Hall and join in with that system. I often have wondered to myself why we do this...apart from tradition. What's more astounding is that there are those out there who SILL demand that being married in God's eyes without that piece of paper is a moral crisis.

False teaching abounds, and always will until it's all brought to an end....

MM

Marriage, as a creation of God, and as defined by God in Genesis 2, was never relinquished by God over to governments to be redefined nor governed by governments. It has been called an "institution" by many a commentator, and that too fails to tread the terrain of honesty and to recognize marriage for what it truly is as defined in Genesis 2. There are MANY people out there who have that silly piece of paper from City Hall who are still living in fornication and/or adultery. Some of them even had a ceremony with man-made vows, and are still living together in sin because of their failures to adhere to the biblical definition of marriage as stated in Genesis 2. Oh, oh. MM strikes again....MM. lol!

Hello Musicmaster;

This is a hilarious but funny video. I've lived in this country all my life and most things don't surprise me anymore but at the same time I still get blindsided with something new that I least expect. You make a good point of that.

I'm going to show a different angle to this topic. Here goes.

Hazel and I have been in
7th heaven from the great years, and we've been to hell and back during those tough times. But through it all we'll celebrate 38 years on June 1.

To quote
Voddie Baucham "God created marriage, not man" and he refers to Genesis 2. I agree with you that God never relinquished marriage over to the government, or in my personal view, anoint a commentator. Who qualified the government or commentator to trump or judge God's original creation of marriage?

Just in the last weeks we were required to provide our marriage certificate to validate our marriage for our retired medical benefits. After all these years they could've seen we were already married at the beginning of our employment! (Remember those job applications and signups for company benefits?) Then after we played ball and submitted it, later they informed us it wasn't required after all. YIKES!

What's with that? I have to admit I was outraged!

I have heard too many times that the marriage license, certificate, whatever, is just a piece of paper. I get it. But I have to confess when we pull out our marriage certificate Hazel and I are blessed to still have this piece of paper after all these years. It's also a reminder of a lot of wonderful memories.

Regarding your comment to the ones who got married according to governmental ways, prenuptial agreements, or some other ulterior motive, then they should not have gotten married on their own terms while attempting to cheat God. Right now there is a couple that refer to themselves as "partners" with two beautiful children. He wants to get married but she doesn't want to. I'm praying and hoping she will come around one day soon.

I do have all the faith and believe many God fearing couples marry with the intention of following His creation of matrimony.

Every couple I have pre-counseled and married, only 2 ended up in divorce. Today those two couples are still ripping each other years after they dissolved their marriage.

God bless you, MM, and thank you for sharing this topic. I hope this may help couples ponder over their marriage. A married couple should always reflect and fine tune their relationship with each other.

Another question is, do we respect the governing laws (Romans 13). While it’s understandable God doesn’t look at the piece of paper he looks at the hearts of individuals.

1 Sam. 16:7

But the Lord said unto Samuel, “Look not on his countenance or on the height of his stature, because I have refused him; for the Lord seeth not as man seeth. For man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart.”

People who want to pass on their name down to their children will get married because that is a way they can have their name go on forward here in this earth.

There are people who are married and will cheat their tax so to grovel or dispute over things is not tenable; all us have cheated sometime in life. It’s what do you believe is the right thing to do, by the flesh or by the spirit.

Because people can get fined if they find out a couple are married they just don’t have a certificate. And that is something a person would want to avoid.

While the biblical narrative simply explains that a marriage is a ceremony between a man and woman - when they become one flesh - this is why Sex education from a biblical stand point is important.

Right? Because what is the point between having many wives and plurals marriages or open relationship when most of the time those things fail at giving true fulfillment in the way God set it up:

1 man and 1 woman. That is the template; and if a person get upset because they have to document your marriage in this world; what is the point of getting married to begin with?

I use to think it was simply the sex part which between a man and woman should mean something becoming one together.

The marriage certificate is the same way with either your last name or her last name to continue on the family line. Ya wanna get a divorce that is an option God has allowed by and through the governing system.

It’s a good thing in my opinion.

Though those who owe in child support or they lose their house because of things that happen.

Well maybe they shouldn’t have been married in the first place. Could it be redeemed some are some are not. Some marry again after their first wife dies.

Total freedom of choice is awesome, and what children are taught going up is important at least in sharing with them how God set things up and they decide if they wanna follow after God or not. That responsibility is on the parents.

Last edited:
Hello Musicmaster;

This is a hilarious but funny video. I've lived in this country all my life and most things don't surprise me anymore but at the same time I still get blindsided with something new that I least expect. You make a good point of that.

I'm going to show a different angle to this topic. Here goes.

Hazel and I have been in
7th heaven from the great years, and we've been to hell and back during those tough times. But through it all we'll celebrate 38 years on June 1.

To quote
Voddie Baucham "God created marriage, not man" and he refers to Genesis 2. I agree with you that God never relinquished marriage over to the government, or in my personal view, anoint a commentator. Who qualified the government or commentator to trump or judge God's original creation of marriage?

Just in the last weeks we were required to provide our marriage certificate to validate our marriage for our retired medical benefits. After all these years they could've seen we were already married at the beginning of our employment! (Remember those job applications and signups for company benefits?) Then after we played ball and submitted it, later they informed us it wasn't required after all. YIKES!

What's with that? I have to admit I was outraged!

I have heard too many times that the marriage license, certificate, whatever, is just a piece of paper. I get it. But I have to confess when we pull out our marriage certificate Hazel and I are blessed to still have this piece of paper after all these years. It's also a reminder of a lot of wonderful memories.

Regarding your comment to the ones who got married according to governmental ways, prenuptial agreements, or some other ulterior motive, then they should not have gotten married on their own terms while attempting to cheat God. Right now there is a couple that refer to themselves as "partners" with two beautiful children. He wants to get married but she doesn't want to. I'm praying and hoping she will come around one day soon.

I do have all the faith and believe many God fearing couples marry with the intention of following His creation of matrimony.

Every couple I have pre-counseled and married, only 2 ended up in divorce. Today those two couples are still ripping each other years after they dissolved their marriage.

God bless you, MM, and thank you for sharing this topic. I hope this may help couples ponder over their marriage. A married couple should always reflect and fine tune their relationship with each other.

Bob, GREAT stuff, brother. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this. :)

Realistically, there are many, very easy legal maneuvers a couple can utilize to create the exact same benefits of that certificate from City Hall. MANY of the so-called "domestic partners" have been making use of those legal avenues that renders the activist's claims of not being able to visit their partner in the hospital totally bogus and an outright lie!

For over a century, legal documents could be drawn up to provide the same "protections" for women, etc., especially back when common law marriage was accepted in ALL states. Many states have struck down recognition of common law in their states to plug that loophole in cases of statutory rape. A man in Kansas some years ago escaped prosecution by laying claim to common law marriage to a girl who wanted to be with him, but the father was opposed, and tried to make statutory rape stick.

Well, given the modern climate of what I had predicted 40 years ago, in that pedophiles will become a protected class, the common law may very well become more and more accepted until laws are enacted that protect them going after and having sex with children any time they want, without fear of being prosecuted. Those so-called "drag queens", in libraries, in my estimation, are also pedophiles. I could go into that much more deeply, but will refrain in this thread.

So, claims of superiority of state issued licenses in relation to recording marriages and witness signatures in the family Bible are rendered moot.

For those benefits, they wanted to see the license only because you are man and woman. Had the case been otherwise, they would then request seeing other evidence, which is easy to draw up with public notary stamps and other legal documentation and paperwork that proves domestic cohabitation (as they call it).

Blessings to you all.

MM

Another question is, do we respect the governing laws (Romans 13). While it’s understandable God doesn’t look at the piece of paper he looks at the hearts of individuals.

1 Sam. 16:7

But the Lord said unto Samuel, “Look not on his countenance or on the height of his stature, because I have refused him; for the Lord seeth not as man seeth. For man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart.”

There is no law on the books of any state that requires governmental recognition of a marriage. It's completely voluntary. As I have said in the above post (#9), there are other legal avenues for providing for the wife having the husband's last name, and the children also having the father's last name. It doesn't require that "license" from City Hall.

People who want to pass on their name down to their children will get married because that is a way they can have their name go on forward here in this earth.

There are people who are married and will cheat their tax so to grovel or dispute over things is not tenable; all us have cheated sometime in life. It’s what do you believe is the right thing to do, by the flesh or by the spirit.

So, if I understand you correctly, a couple who is married in the eyes of God, according to His definition in Genesis 2, are living by the flesh by not having that piece of paper, because some people cheat on their taxes? People cheating on their taxes is something that happens irrespective of marriage licenses. There are many who have that license and still cheat on their taxes.

When I first filed my taxes in the year I was first married, the IRS didn't demand to see that license. I have never heard of them requiring proof. Did they demand that of you?

Because people can get fined if they find out a couple are married they just don’t have a certificate. And that is something a person would want to avoid.

Fined? In what way? By whom? What state? Domestic relationships can be defined and established by many other legal means without that license, so what's the basis of your claim, if I may ask.

To go one step further, in this climate of perverseness and embracing perverted lifestyles, what entity has the courage to go after all the perverts for what they are doing outside of having that license? Surprisingly, MOST homosexual couples don't want that license, mainly because they don't want the entanglement of courts to jump over into a different relationship. Setting a precedent in court cases against those without the license is a can of worms spineless politicians don't want to foist upon the communities they have chosen to embrace in order to get the votes.

While the biblical narrative simply explains that a marriage is a ceremony between a man and woman - when they become one flesh - this is why Sex education from a biblical stand point is important.

I would very much like to see the reference for that, if you don't mind showing it, or quoting it. Where do you see in God's definition of marriage any sort of ceremony. How does does a man ceremoniously become one flesh with a woman?

Actually, there is such a thing as ceremonial sex (ceremonial one flesh), but that took place in the temple of Diana in Corinth...they were known as the "vestal virgins" who were not at all virgins, but prostitutes.

For those who find this repugnant or unbelievable, please see the following:

1 Corinthians 6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.

Additionally, all the Patriarchs who had plural wives were one flesh with every one of them.

Wow! I really had not planned to go into all this because it violates the socially engineered sensibilities of many...ONLY because so many don't know their Bibles. If this grates against the sensibilities of some here, then please keep in mind that there are many things in the word of God you don't know nor understand, and that learning those things only solidifies one's faith - or it drives them away from the faith, but only those who want a god they prefer to define for themselves. Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses have gods fashioned after their own desires, and so some are better suited to join up with them.

The God described within the Bible is VASTLY and INFINITELY superior to any god created in the minds of men. Get to know Him...better yet, let Him show Himself to you:

1 John 2:26-27
26 These [things] have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.
27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of ALL things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. [Emphasis mine]

I use to think it was simply the sex part which between a man and woman should mean something becoming one together.

No, there are three elements in God's definition of marriage:

Leaving
Cleaving
Becoming one flesh

Many out there who have those licenses have not met all three of God's criteria, and are therefore living in sin, even though they may have a license from the state. That is fornication and/or adultery, depending on their previous situation(s).

So, where it is NOT a sin to NOT have a license for marriage, it is indeed a sin for anyone to at all be having sex together who do not adhere to all three of God's required elements for marriage.

Well maybe they shouldn’t have been married in the first place. Could it be redeemed some are some are not. Some marry again after their first wife dies.

That's me. My first wife passed away in October of 2021, and her murderers will pay the price when they stand before God. My current wife if my wife because we both met the three criteria within God's definition, not because of some silly piece of paper from a state pretending to be an authority over our marriage. The state has long since departed from God. The governmental system of marriage is totally corrupt, and is therefore not within the acceptable limits of God's authority for government in the arena of marriage. Nobama is the one who trashed the system when he declared that he was not going to enforce DOMA. The system is therefore null and void. It has betrayed the moral absolutes God set forth for government to uphold.

The laws that are in keeping with God's sanctions for governance, they still stand. I will abide by them as a law abiding citizen. Those who do not have a license for their marriage, they are not necessarily living in sin as a result.

Total freedom of choice is awesome, and what children are taught going up is important at least in sharing with them how God set things up and they decide if they wanna follow after God or not. That responsibility is on the parents.

Well, my boys understand the corrupt nature of marriage licenses and the destructive power that license has enabled in the lives of so many. It has distracted many from God's definition of marriage. If that were not true, then we would not be seeing 50%+ divorce rate among professing believers.

MM

I shouldn’t have commented on this thread at all. But sorry for your lost of your wife and great for your new wife now. God bless.

Q. When does my marriage become “legal”?
A. Your marriage is valid or “legal” when the properly completed, signed and notarized Alabama Marriage Certificate form is recorded by an Alabama probate court. The marriage form must be delivered to the probate court within 30 days of the latter of the dates of the spouses’ signatures for the marriage to be valid.

Last edited:
GoodNewsSharing, there's nothing wrong with having a conversation, is there? You made some statements of seeming fact, and items in relation to your personal opinion. Are you opposed to conversing about those things? My tone was conversational. I did not attack your character or you personally. Did you feel as if I were? If so, then I apologize. I'm greatly interested in pursuing the truth. I assume we ALL are seeking absolute truth. I know Bobinfaith, Major, we ALL are seeking truth.

MM

I did not say you attacked me my friend I just realize you have a lot to say on your mind about the subject and how you see things which is totally valid for you to have and think. Why do you assume I assume you attacked me?

You can have your freedom of thoughts on what you believe is right and God will be the judge of you.

You said you’re a law abiding citizen; I’m not sometimes I’ll speed some on the road.

Also apparently there are laws in which you seems to suggest there wasn’t in validating a marriage.

But there are validities to becoming “legally” married, so i can’t say no there is not.

https://www.alabamapublichealth.gov/vitalrecords/assets/Marriage_FAQ.pdf

A. Your marriage is valid or “legal” when the properly completed, signed and notarized Alabama Marriage Certificate form is recorded by an Alabama probate court. The marriage form must be delivered to the probate court within 30 days of the latter of the dates of the spouses’ signatures for the marriage to be valid

I did not say you attacked me my friend I just realize you have a lot to say on your mind about the subject and how you see things which is totally valid for you to have and think. Why do you assume I assume you attacked me?

Wow. Ok. I ASKED if that was the case, I did not assume it.

You can have your freedom of thoughts on what you believe is right and God will be the judge of you.

You said you’re a law abiding citizen; I’m not sometimes I’ll speed some on the road.

Also apparently there are laws in which you seems to suggest there wasn’t in validating a marriage.

But there are validities to becoming “legally” married, so i can’t say no there is not.

https://www.alabamapublichealth.gov/vitalrecords/assets/Marriage_FAQ.pdf

Please keep in mind that I, at no time, ever stated that licensing isn't valid in the legal system of any state. I simply stated that no state requires the acquisition of a marriage license for a couple to become married in the eyes of God. If they want the license, then great. Go for it. I hope that's more clear. If not, then I will clarify further since words on a screen sometimes leave gaps in understanding the point.

A. Your marriage is valid or “legal” when the properly completed, signed and notarized Alabama Marriage Certificate form is recorded by an Alabama probate court. The marriage form must be delivered to the probate court within 30 days of the latter of the dates of the spouses’ signatures for the marriage to be valid

Yes. I agree. What I stated is that there are OTHER legal avenues to acquire the same legal protections and benefits. Many have partaken of those legal avenues. This has nothing to do with my personal opinions about it. It's the cold, hard facts I have observed over the years.

I would hope that this all isn't overwhelming to anyone. It's an exploration on my part because I desire to dig deeper if there is reason to believe that any of the points I made are wrong. I like us all sharpening one another, and if ever I get to the point that I say to others, "Hey, this is what I believe, and nothing else matters...," that is the day I have become an authority unto myself, which is a dangerous place to be. The Lord commanded that we be subject, one to another. There are indeed lone star "believers" out there who don't give a rip snort about TRUTH is all its glorious purity. That ain't me. I even ASK the Lord for what He stated is above us as the Heavens are above the earth. Yes. I ask for His Thoughts and His Ways, no matter how much higher they are than ours. I desire that which is indeed higher. Down in the gutter are those who believe things, and don't give rat's patoot about their errors. If ever I get that way, I invite others to challenge me...give me some rug burn on my feet by calling me out onto the carpet.

Thanks for the conversation.

MM

i shouldn’t have commented my apologies.

No need to apologize my brother! MM is a big boy and IMHO there was no attack! I agree in that there seems to be something a little deeper going on here but there is no need to apologize!

Persoanlly........i had never considered the question at all before it was posed.

Then the more I thought about it, marriage is the LAW of the land so we are to obey it when it does not go against God's Law.

We live in a world where man will do anything! SIN abounds and when the opportunity presents itself, MAN will do anything.
If there was not some kind of vehicle of protection then we would all be open to fraud hence a marriage license.

A marriage license gives you the right to your spouse’s Social Security, Medicare, and even disability benefits.
It puts you in a position to make major medical decisions on behalf of your spouse.
It allows the survivor to adopt the children of a deceased spouse.
It allow you to collect life insurance payments.
It also allow you tax benefits.

I do not know if all of that is relevant, but without a marriage license, the opportunity to rob and steal is obvious.

No need to apologize my brother! MM is a big boy and IMHO there was no attack! I agree in that there seems to be something a little deeper going on here but there is no need to apologize!

Persoanlly........i had never considered the question at all before it was posed.

Then the more I thought about it, marriage is the LAW of the land so we are to obey it when it does not go against God's Law.

We live in a world where man will do anything! SIN abounds and when the opportunity presents itself, MAN will do anything.
If there was not some kind of vehicle of protection then we would all be open to fraud hence a marriage license.

A marriage license gives you the right to your spouse’s Social Security, Medicare, and even disability benefits.
It puts you in a position to make major medical decisions on behalf of your spouse.
It allows the survivor to adopt the children of a deceased spouse.
It allow you to collect life insurance payments.
It also allow you tax benefits.

I do not know if all of that is relevant, but without a marriage license, the opportunity to rob and steal is obvious.

Hello, Major. Glad you chimed in on this.

Every one of those items you listed has other legal maneuvering that will bring about the same benefits without having to acquire recognition from the state for a marriage. For example, I can put anyone I please as the beneficiary to my life insurance...even my neighbor to whom I am not married. Social security can be enjoyed as well given that the Social Security Administration does not demand proof of licensing when there are other legal documents and maneuvers available to show as proof for what they call "domestic partners." As before, these are all legal means for enjoying the benefits without getting the state involved in the middle of a marriage...the same state that now recognizes perverse lifestyles as being in equal footing with a man and woman. That's messed up, and clearly is not a reflection of respect for God and His moral absolutes.

That's why I have said that the state has completely disqualified itself from any right to govern marriage when it does that which is completely contrary to the Law and moral absolutes of God.

MM

Hello, Major. Glad you chimed in on this.

Every one of those items you listed has other legal maneuvering that will bring about the same benefits without having to acquire recognition from the state for a marriage. For example, I can put anyone I please as the beneficiary to my life insurance...even my neighbor to whom I am not married. Social security can be enjoyed as well given that the Social Security Administration does not demand proof of licensing when there are other legal documents and maneuvers available to show as proof for what they call "domestic partners." As before, these are all legal means for enjoying the benefits without getting the state involved in the middle of a marriage...the same state that now recognizes perverse lifestyles as being in equal footing with a man and woman. That's messed up, and clearly is not a reflection of respect for God and His moral absolutes.

That's why I have said that the state has completely disqualified itself from any right to govern marriage when it does that which is completely contrary to the Law and moral absolutes of God.

MM

Brother......I agree that you can assign anyone as your Life Insurance benefits, but not SS. Heck....you can put your dog on your life Incs. policy!

But ONLY A surviving spouse, surviving divorced spouse, unmarried child, or dependent parent may be eligible for monthly survivor benefits based on the deceased worker’s earnings. I have been through this with S/S and we even had to obtain the original marriage cert. for a family member to receive here fathers S/S.

I have no concerns at all about the governing rights being contrary to God's Law.......however, again, if there were not any kind of structures in place today, can you imagine the chaos that we would all be in????

Brother......I agree that you can assign anyone as your Life Insurance benefits, but not SS. Heck....you can put your dog on your life Incs. policy!

But ONLY A surviving spouse, surviving divorced spouse, unmarried child, or dependent parent may be eligible for monthly survivor benefits based on the deceased worker’s earnings. I have been through this with S/S and we even had to obtain the original marriage cert. for a family member to receive here fathers S/S.

I have no concerns at all about the governing rights being contrary to God's Law.......however, again, if there were not any kind of structures in place today, can you imagine the chaos that we would all be in????

Well, that's a good question. The inception of the licensing to protect interracial marriages was the step government needed to get its dirty fingers into the most intimate parts of families for its destructive influences. We see that today with various governmental agencies declaring some people's children wards of the state; all under the guise of doing what's best for them when in fact there are quite a few injustices being perpetrated because of the confusions public schools are foisting upon highly impressionable children and their gender identities. Marriage was not chaotic before the licensing intrusions, and therefore the reason I seriously question any suggestions for assuming a hypothetical for "chaos" as being empirically true in a historic sense. The license appears to be part of the roadmap government is using to take children from parents who, for example, refuse to get gender therapy and sex change chemicals and operations for little children who, just a few years ago, were considered not able to consent to sexual relations with adults, but is even now in question in order to allow inroads for social and cultural and legal acceptance of pedophilia.

I agree there were abuses, and still are regardless of the presence of license, but that doesn't justify governmental intrusions into ALL marriages; just like the few cases of incest and rape pregnancies don't justify abortion on demand for everyone who wants it. Modern wife-beating laws can still offer protections for women without the license. Property disputes are still arbitrated by courts in spite of the license, not because of it. Any abuses of power given to government are likely to become realities on the basis of the depravities of those in power.

I think we can both agree that governmental abuse is not a hypothetical, but a reality right now. The government can ONLY be an arbiter of good when its power is limited. That's apparently counter-intuitive in the minds of those who are products of public and university education today from the diet of woke-ism being fed down the punk's gullets these days who swallow it all willingly.

So, the license itself is not what protects anyone given all the external laws on the books that provide legislative direction to judges. Unfortunately, the enforcement is almost always stacked in favor of women far more than men, even when the woman is at fault. It is what it is.

Thanks, brother, for the conversation. I'm always seeking to do root cause investigations to what we see going on around us, and therefore unearthing the most uncomfortable links and ties that most people never think about.

MM

Back