The Doctrine of "Free Will"

That is a "Calvinist apologist" paper.
that is why i posted it so other can learn . i have discussed this so many times .. did email correspondence with a guy wanting to convert me to Calvinism. this went on for weeks till he gave up..i countered scripture for scripture . he tried but no cigar

that is why i posted it so other can learn . i have discussed this so many times .. did email correspondence with a guy wanting to convert me to Calvinism. this went on for weeks till he gave up..i countered scripture for scripture . he tried but no cigar

I like cigars!!!!!!

But my wife hates them.

Can you guess who wins????????

To keep the CFS free from problems....I think you need to post your "Source" for copyright purposes!
if itsd a problem let the admin remove it
i have issues with this not towards you.. but every time a deep subject comes up.. the panic button is hit.. thread closes or gets removed.. its open discussion. its how we learn

Dear brothers and sisters;

The copyright / author was taken care of. For future, please include this when borrowing an article or quote from another source. When we can work together this helps protect CFS from any liability issues.

The staff moderators only monitor the forums and when a discussion escalates, or compromises our forum rules then we have to respond. The staff encourages members to address the staff directly if there is a concern with the fellowship and it takes away from the topic or rules.

God bless everyone in this thread and thank you all.

You mean like a person is chosen, ends up in heaven without ever consciously acknowledging Christ?
That would be bizarre, but I don't believe I ever bumped into such or that it is even Scriptural.

Well, not exactly. You see, there are those who believe that man is totally incapable of even desiring to follow Christ (total depravity) without the Lord first giving to them that ability, so that they then turn to Him. Such a belief ignores the fact that ALL men have a conscience given that we are all made in His Image. Those aspects of our being seems to have no bearing in their thoughts in support of God's perfect justice. They sacrifice justice on the altar of God's Sovereignty. The outflow from that is, of course, a teaching that makes God into a monster (IMHO).

People enter into Hell because of their own choice to allow their sin to remain upon them rather than to desire Christ and His free offer of salvation. God doesn't put them there, they go there of their own free will. THAT is what makes the punishment just.

So, the idea of God sovereignly choosing to give to man a choice somehow violates His Sovereignty, I have yet to read or hear an honest, biblical answer to that.

Matthew 13:18-23
18 "Therefore hear the parable of the sower:
19 "When anyone hears the word of the kingdom, and does not understand [it], then the wicked [one] comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is he who received seed by the wayside.
20 "But he who received the seed on stony places, this is he who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy;
21 "yet he has no root in himself, but endures only for a while. For when tribulation or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he stumbles.
22 "Now he who received seed among the thorns is he who hears the word, and the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and he becomes unfruitful.
23 "But he who received seed on the good ground is he who hears the word and understands [it], who indeed bears fruit and produces: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty."

Do you see...the seed was cast upon ALL, and the type of soil or rock is that which they chose for themselves. Nowhere does the word of God point out that the Lord made some to be like the "stony places,", or to be in among the thorns.

That's why it's always important to observe what is actually said in God's word, and what is NOT said in God's word when compared to all the injections many people force into the word of God what is simply not there.

MM

I am pretty sure that that phrase "Forced Election" is not a Bible Phrase or term but rather a personal one.

Election is actually Predestination which is simply God calling certain individuals.

Here is fact............. We should only believe it if you see it taught in the Bible and if it does not undermine other true and important things taught about God in the Bible!!!

Another fact............God never, never sends, never will send anyone to hell. No one will ever be in hell who does not deserve to be there. Everyone in hell today is because of their COICES in life!

Predestination is mentioned only in four places throughout the Bible in the NKJV, and yet it is hammered as if it were so vastly important and of such prominent consideration in some circles, that they even divide over it.

I've created this thread to help drive people into the word of God, so that in doing so, they may learn more about Him in His Perfection, and draw ever closer to Him by knowing even more about His perfect justice and perfect Love.

It is through tears that I've look upon the horrific divisions that this topic has proven instrumental in perpetrating, and therefore keeping many from seeing how glorious the Lord is in the handiwork of His creation of mankind..

MM

It is through tears that I've look upon the horrific divisions that this topic has proven instrumental in perpetrating, and therefore keeping many from seeing how glorious the Lord is in the handiwork of His creation of mankind..
The division part is true, but is it due to the topic or to man's carnal blindness and biases?

The division part is true, but is it due to the topic or to man's carnal blindness and biases?
i m not M M but your answer is yes and no . when people become indoctrinated many of them are Dogmatic . i worked with a man who was independent baptist .. the General Baptist had it wrong . even some of the southern baptist was wrong. we even had a independent baptist in the town we worked .. they felt they was to liberal . they had the right Bible the right hymns .
i dont know what drives people to the greater than thou status

its not what Christ taught in john 17 one in Him. the answer is not in the denomination or the none or the stay at home do it on there own crowd.. its in HIM we will not give account how could church name or no church going its all about Christ . lets face it there is division in all. who wants to admit there wrong

Moderator Caution: This thread has wandered in several directions in recent weeks and has touched on a Rules issue.

For the time being, this thread is being halted, so the CFS Staff can review content and do some editing. It will be reopened at some point after some changes are made.

In the mean time, please review the list of topics that may not be discussed at CFS. This list is not arbitrary and enforcement is necessary because over the history of CFS since 2006, these topics have ALWAYS regressed into arguments, angry responses and unfriendly behavior.

Link - List of Topics Which May Not Be Discussed at this Forum

Moderator Update - After examining each post in this thread, some minor editing has been done by several staff members.

We understand that Belief System Difference exist between members, HOWEVER angry replies and demeaning other person's beliefs is not the way to go. Please be KIND to one and other and if any disagreements start up, a simple statement of, "We shall agree to disagree" will end the issue as you move on.

This thread is now open again and is being monitored. If you want this thread to remain in the forum at all, then please remember to post under our Rules and topic off-limits guidelines.

Thank you for your cooperation.

`

Back