Archive THE BIBLE - Verse by Verse (1 Samuel Chapter 1 to 31)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 Samuel 29:11 (NLT) - 11 So David and his men headed back into the land of the Philistines, while the Philistine army went on to Jezreel.

1 Samuel 30:1 (NLT) - 1 Three days later, when David and his men arrived home at their town of Ziklag, they found that the Amalekites had made a raid into the Negev and Ziklag; they had crushed Ziklag and burned it to the ground.

1 Samuel 30:6 (NLT)

6 David was now in great danger because all his men were very bitter about losing their sons and daughters, and they began to talk of stoning him. But David found strength in the LORD his God.

1 Samuel 30:13 (NLT)

13 “To whom do you belong, and where do you come from?” David asked him.“I am an Egyptian—the slave of an Amalekite,” he replied. “My master abandoned me three days ago because I was sick.

1 Samuel 30:15 (NLT)

15 “Will you lead me to this band of raiders?” David asked.The young man replied, “If you take an oath in God’s name that you will not kill me or give me back to my master, then I will guide you to them.”

1 Samuel 30:16 (NLT)

16 So he led David to them, and they found the Amalekites spread out across the fields, eating and drinking and dancing with joy because of the vast amount of plunder they had taken from the Philistines and the land of Judah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back