Archive THE BIBLE - Verse by Verse (1 Samuel Chapter 1 to 31)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 Samuel 28:13 (NLT)
"Do'nt be afraid!" the king told her. "What do you see?"
"I see a god coming up out of the earth," she said.

1 Samuel 28:14 (NLT)
"What does he look like?" Saul asked.
"He is an old man wrapped in a robe," she replied. Saul realised it was Samuel and he fell to the ground before him.

1 Samuel 28:15 (NLT)
"Why have you disturbed me by calling me back?" Samuel asked Saul.

"Because I am in deep trouble," Saul replied. "The Philistines are at war with me and God has left me and won't reply by prophets or dreams. So I have called for you to tell me what to do."

1 Samuel 28:19 (NLT)

19 What’s more, the LORD will hand you and the army of Israel over to the Philistines tomorrow, and you and your sons will be here with me. The LORD will bring down the entire army of Israel in defeat.”

1 Samuel 28:23 (NLT) - 23 But Saul refused. The men who were with him also urged him to eat, so he finally yielded and got up from the ground and sat on the couch.

1 Samuel 28:24 (NLT) - 24 The woman had been fattening a calf, so she hurried out and killed it. She took some flour, kneaded it into dough and baked unleavened bread.

1 Samuel 29:1 (NLT) - 1 The entire Philistine army now mobilized at Aphek, and the Israelites camped at the spring in Jezreel.

1 Samuel 29:2 (NLT) - 2 As the Philistine rulers were leading out their troops in groups of hundreds and thousands, David and his men marched at the rear with King Achish.

1 Samuel 29:3 (NLT)

3 But the Philistine commanders demanded, “What are these Hebrews doing here?”And Achish told them, “This is David, the servant of King Saul of Israel. He’s been with me for years, and I’ve never found a single fault in him from the day he arrived until today.”

1 Samuel 29:4 (NLT)
But the Philistine commanders were angry.
"Send hinback to the town you have given him" they demanded. "He can't go into the bottle with us. What if he turns against us in battle and becomes our adversary? Is there any better way for him to reconcile himself with his master than by handing our heads over to him?

1 Samuel 29:5 (NLT)
Isn't this the same David about whom the women of Israel sing 61in their dances,
'Saul has killed his thousands, and David his ten thousands'?"

1 Samuel 29:6 (NLT)

6 So Achish finally summoned David and said to him, “I swear by the LORD that you have been a trustworthy ally. I think you should go with me into battle, for I’ve never found a single flaw in you from the day you arrived until today. But the other Philistine rulers won’t hear of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back