Take Up The Cross

I agree with all that, but...Perhaps it's the use of the word easy. We should never underestimate the task of carrying the cross. In fact, I think it is yet impossible in our strength. We can't carry it. It is only by the power of the Holy Spirit that we can carry it. It is an awful thing. I agree that as we are sanctified we come to be more like Christ, a process that does not reach completion, but is ongoing until we reach our home in heaven, but we must always remember that carrying the cross was a terrible, painful, brutal thing that Jesus endured, and we will have to endure pain for His namesake.

Am I making sense? I'm not trying to be argmentative.

Take Up The Cross

I agree with all that, but...Perhaps it's the use of the word easy. We should never underestimate the task of carrying the cross. In fact, I think it is yet impossible in our strength. We can't carry it. It is only by the power of the Holy Spirit that we can carry it. It is an awful thing. I agree that as we are sanctified we come to be more like Christ, a process that does not reach completion, but is ongoing until we reach our home in heaven, but we must always remember that carrying the cross was a terrible, painful, brutal thing that Jesus endured, and we will have to endure pain for His namesake.

Am I making sense? I'm not trying to be argmentative.

Our Crosses are heavy indeed. I agree our burdens can be lighted only by the Holy Trinity (of course including the blessings we are given from Him such as Christian fellowship) and our travel following Christ is an ongoing process each of us can never fully achieve.

It is always good to find the joy in what you can regardless of the situation. One of the hardest things I find while carrying and dealing with heavy burdens is trying to keep my head from slumping from the weight so my eyes are looking straight ahead to follow the Lord's lead. This process can be rigorous and painful yet in this we strengthen our knowledge, wisdom and faith helping align our will to the Lord’s.

Matthew 5:10-12
10 Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, For theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 11 “Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. 12 Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Romans 5:3-5
3 we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; 4 and perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

James 1:2-4
2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.

1 Peter 4:12-19
12 Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you; 13 but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ’s sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy. 14 If you are reproached for the name of Christ, blessed are you, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you. On their part He is blasphemed, but on your part He is glorified. 15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, a thief, an evildoer, or as a busybody in other people’s matters. 16 Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in this matter. 17 For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God? 18 Now “ If the righteous one is scarcely saved, Where will the ungodly and the sinner appear? 19 Therefore let those who suffer according to the will of God commit their souls to Him in doing good, as to a faithful Creator.

I really enjoyed this post..

Something new occured to me, maybe the spirit revealed it, I am not sure, but praise God, I saw a new light in these scriptors...lol, I would say everyone has already noticed it but me..:)

I saw this in a new light because for my whole life I always understood this as meaning that a man that should lose his life physically as in actually die, but now I understand that the LORD was referring to a man losing his life in the sense that giving up the life he had known to follow that of the will of the Father.. O praise be to the LORD! I am so happy for a spirit that guides and teaches!

thank you so much for posting this!

The scriptures could well carry both messages.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Back