Sleep paralysis AGAIN!

I don't know that it was all that common years ago. I heard about it in my studies in demonology and "alien" abduction whereas the scientists response to this was that it was a screw up that has been known to happen when one is not really fully awake or the biologic mechanism of non-movement during rem sleep occasionally doesn't get triggered. It has linkages to sleep walking as well. Which all sounds reasonable until you actually experience it. In my first experience of it as an adult, I was awake/conscious but could not move anything but my eyes. I sensed another presence in the room and I believe I prayed and eventually returned to sleep for roughly 15 mins. and when I woke, I could move again. I think the alien phenomena is demonic and the demonic has abilities that go beyond our understanding of physics and does include the ability to physically freeze humans. I remember, as a child of maybe 5, that I prayed before bed and was woken to a pounding on my bed. I could not move and watched a howdie doody figure with a baseball bat going around the bed with a baseball bat. When the figure was furtherest from the door, I finally could move and I ran to the light switch and turned it on - the figure disappeared. I went to sleep with my parents. Everybody passed it off as a dream.

Well everyone here commenting has and both my parents who aren't Christian have as well. So imo, I think its quite common...

I've no idea how common it is. When I first mentioned it, I only remember one of the dozen or so I'd talked to having something similar. That person to the best of my knowledge was an atheist.

I don't know but the way I felt aware there was the presence of an evil force still lends me to think it was demonic though.

That and I don't believe demonic activity like this may be is limited to just affecting Christians. I do for example wonder where there are a good number of people in mental hospitals who are treated for spiritual problems.

Demons prey on unbelievers especially..the difference is Christians know how to handle it.

my problem seems to be my mum (who isn't a believer) talks in her sleep. I can't understand what she's saying cos she speaks rapidly in Chinese and sounds like she's yelling at someone to die. I told her about this but she doesn't believe me. My other family members notice as well. What could be going on? She especially HATES it when i'm awake at night when I should be sleeping according to her. But if I can't sleep it's usually nothing to worry about I just read the bible and pray and then fall asleep. She's the one always getting up to the loo.

Before I was saved I used to sleepwalk. Or just get up and do things when I couldn't sleep cos of insomnia. And then disturb everyone. But now my sleep is sweet praise the Lord.

my mum is annoying, I'm sorry. If I didn't sleep she would seriously drug me so I would. Goes back to being a baby when I would cry and feel abandoned and neglected and SHE couldn't get any sleep.

I would have given anything to have what other christian mothers do pray with their children before they go to bed and sing them lullabies and have story time and be tucked in. I had nothing.

Bump! This thread is quite stale but fascinating just the same.

When I was a child of perhaps five years, I was staying at my grandparents' house. I believe it was Christmas Eve but am not sure. As I was lying in bed and just about asleep, I remember feeling a great weight on my body. I could not move. I could not speak. I just lay there in terror.

At first I tried to call out but could not move my lips. I was like a ventriloquist with no sound. so I tried to call out again. This time I moved my lips but still silent. Next I managed a pitiful whisper so tried again and managed to produce a thick, raspy gurgle. Then I heard my voice as if talking. Then louder, and louder until finally I felt the weight withdraw and sat straight up in bed screaming with all my might.

Seconds later my parents rushed into the room, worried that I had somehow been injured. I described my experience to them and they told me it was 'just a dream.' They had zero belief in anything supernatural.

This event never repeated yet I also never forgot it. Some things you just can't forget.

Bump! This thread is quite stale but fascinating just the same.

When I was a child of perhaps five years, I was staying at my grandparents' house. I believe it was Christmas Eve but am not sure. As I was lying in bed and just about asleep, I remember feeling a great weight on my body. I could not move. I could not speak. I just lay there in terror.

At first I tried to call out but could not move my lips. I was like a ventriloquist with no sound. so I tried to call out again. This time I moved my lips but still silent. Next I managed a pitiful whisper so tried again and managed to produce a thick, raspy gurgle. Then I heard my voice as if talking. Then louder, and louder until finally I felt the weight withdraw and sat straight up in bed screaming with all my might.

Seconds later my parents rushed into the room, worried that I had somehow been injured. I described my experience to them and they told me it was 'just a dream.' They had zero belief in anything supernatural.

This event never repeated yet I also never forgot it. Some things you just can't forget.
Same thing. Demonic - very.

I have had a similar experience once. I have had the opposite happen several times, where I feel someone sit on my bed and a feeling of peace and comfort come over me. One time I looked over and could see where someone had sat on the bed by the impression left in the blankets.

I believe I experienced sleep paralysis last night and it was very disturbing.

It was the third time it happened to me and this one was probably the most vivid of them all.

I was sleeping on my stomach and I was woken by 'something' that stepped on my bed. I couldn't see what it was but it was so real that my matress went down with the weight. I was paralysed and terrified and I immediately knew it was an evil presence.

I tried to call out to God but I could hardly say a word. I tried and tried again and I was finally able to say the name of JESUS. As soon as I did, the presence left, the mattress went back up and I was able to move again.

I know this sounds strange but I felt terror and joy at the same time. I felt my bones frozen with sheer terror, it was very physical. But I also felt joy, relief and complete confidence in the Lord Jesus Christ, who had protected me once again. Believe me, there is power in His Holy Name!

I don't know if this is 'technically' sleep paralysis but I'm pretty sure it was not just a nightmare. I was awake and cognizant and I know this was real.
Sleep paralysis is not uncommon. It often happens during lucid dreaming. It's nothing to worry about. It's no more harmful than a nightmare

Back