Seniors and Actively Working Medical Benefits?

Its great mum is walking around now Praise the Lord, so we not going back to hospital anymore. I think that treatment nearly killed her. It was a trial..the doctor said we could pay $35k for drug treatment which we don't have, or redo do the torture trial again. Or just enjoy life.

Whatever medicine is funded by pharmac we able to access for free, but really she needs her minerals and vitamins in fresh food, 3 meals a day sunshine and fresh air and people caring about her.

The most important thing is she is healthy and well, its not fun being sick, weak and dependent and have to go into a rest home where you have to sell up your own home and live somewhere totally foreign away from family. Depending on type of rest home I guess.

Hmm 2047?? gosh I never think that far ahead. I think we'll have lean years and fat years it looks like this year is another sabbath year to make up for all the sabbaths we missed working all the time trying to make ends meet. Would be kind of cool if organisations did pay sabbatical leave and look after you but most look at you like you crazy. Gold watch, what's that? When mum left her job and went into retirement, she didn't receive any award or extra bonus or reward for working there so long. She never got a pay rise in all the years she worked there I think it was over 10 years.

My wife and I are using Medicare parts A & B for primary insurance together with Tricare for Life (military retirement healthcare). Whatever Medicare doesn't pay, Tricare picks up the remaining amounts so we have no out of pocket medical costs.
Hello BibleLover;

My Dad and Step Mom have Tricare for Life as an Air Force retiree in San Diego. They have another supplemental insurance to pick up additional costs, somewhat like your plan.

God bless you, brother.

Im not old enough for medicare, but do not earn enough to qualify for market place coverage through government healthcare programs.
The "Obamacare" system left people like me out of the picture. We have too many assets to qualify for low income assistance, like medicaid.
Yet, we dont have enough earned yearly income to purchase affordable health care coverage through the market place.
The law states we have to have insurance which means people like me get raked through the coals, or dont get coverage.

Its a totally screwed up position many American homeowners with savings, which are now of low income are in.

Hi. I'm not old enough foe Medicare, but that will change next year. Since I spend the majority of my adult like in the military, I am fairly clueless about this stuff. Fo the moment, we have both Tricare for Life (military) and Cigna (through work with the school district). I too have received a constant stream of marketing material on the subject.

I was told I needed to deal with the Medicare stuff prior to my 65th birthdate, so the wife will start to figure this out pretty soon.

Rtm
You have to sign up for Medicare as soon as you can. Failure to do so will jeopardize you Tricare coverage. You'll probably find yourself much better off with Medicare and Tricare because all you pay for is Medicare, and because of Tricare, you won't need any kind of Medicare supplement.

Back