Rhetoric

It is the old man in us that tries to impress his neighbour with man taught theological skills. Jesus never came that way and yet we try to wear that 'Christian badge'.
God grant me grace to put that old man to death as St. Paul did.
When the old man is dead then it is the life that testifies not 'my' words.

It is the old man in us that tries to impress his neighbour with man taught theological skills. Jesus never came that way and yet we try to wear that 'Christian badge'.

Amen my brother!

The sin nature is universal in humanity. All of us have a sinful nature, and it affects every part of us. This is the doctrine of total depravity, and it is biblical. All of us have gone astray (Isaiah 53:6).

Paul admits that “the trouble is with me, for I am all too human, a slave to sin” (Romans 7:14).

Paul was in his “sinful nature a slave to the law of sin” (Romans 7:25).

Solomon concurs: “Indeed, there is no one on earth who is righteous, / no one who does what is right and never sins” (Ecclesiastes 7:20).

The apostle John perhaps puts it most bluntly: “If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us” (1 John 1:8).

I'm with you that we have a fallen nature and that when we want to do good evil is present and we do that which we do not want, as St. Paul said.
But Jesus also commissioned to go and sin no more so the only way this is possible is if we are in Him and He in us.Thereby we can not sin because the atonement has been.applied. As has been said that the only real sin is unbelief because it shows there is no representation.
Of course this is getting into areas to big to cover here especially since we would be volleying back and forth lol.

But Jesus also commissioned to go and sin no more so the only way this is possible is if we are in Him and He in us.Thereby we can not sin because the atonement has been.applied. As has been said that the only real sin is unbelief because it shows there is no representation.
Are you saying it is possible to be sinless?

As long as we are in this body we will stumble and fall but there is an atonement for those that are in Christ. There are three stages is the Christian experperience: justification - when you respond to His call, sanctification - the process of testing (proving) your call then the 'sealing unto the day of your redemption'.
How much can I say on this forum?
Does it have value?

As long as we are in this body we will stumble and fall but there is an atonement for those that are in Christ. There are three stages is the Christian experperience: justification - when you respond to His call, sanctification - the process of testing (proving) your call then the 'sealing unto the day of your redemption'.
How much can I say on this forum?
Does it have value?

Yes. Everything you say has value. You can say anything you want to. The mods will tell you what we can not read of what you say.

Are you saying it is possible to be sinless?

Possible? Yes... BUT

If one were to express the possibility in terms of probability, it would be vanishingly small. So small that it would be unlikely to occur in a single person in all the persons that have lived (with a singular exception - Christ ) since creation.

The problem is not that we are physically unable to live without being sinful, but that the nature of man since the fall is such that we each choose self rather than God. The question is how successfully we can overcome our nature.

Consider the life of any one of us. When we are infants we cried whenever we felt a need. As toddlers, most become very self centered. We have to be taught proper behavior and to be observant of the needs of others. The Old Man in us is the toddler grown up.

Possible? Yes... BUT

If one were to express the possibility in terms of probability, it would be vanishingly small. So small that it would be unlikely to occur in a single person in all the persons that have lived (with a singular exception - Christ ) since creation.

The problem is not that we are physically unable to live without being sinful, but that the nature of man since the fall is such that we each choose self rather than God. The question is how successfully we can overcome our nature.

Consider the life of any one of us. When we are infants we cried whenever we felt a need. As toddlers, most become very self centered. We have to be taught proper behavior and to be observant of the needs of others. The Old Man in us is the toddler grown up.

Agreed.

1 John 1:8 ........
"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."

Back