Revival.

I am not against the Holy Spirit really moving, but so much bad theology got wrapped up under the Charismatic Movement, how could the Spirit be authoring hersies and false doctrines, is He not the Holy Spirit?

And where doers the Bible state that we would have Acts again in the end times, with modern prophets and Apostles then?

Agreed and the Bible does not say anything like that at all.

What the Bible actually says about the "Sign Gifts" is seen in Mark 16:14-16..........
"Afterward he appeared unto the ELEVEN as THEY sat at meat, and upbraided THEM with THEIR unbelief and hardness of heart, because believed not them which had seen him after he was risen. 15And he said unto THEM, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. 17And these signs shall follow THEM that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; THEY shall speak with new tongues; 18THEY shall take up serpents; and if THEY drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; THEY shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."

Clearly, the ELEVEN were the disciples to whom Jesus commissioned to spread the gospel. NOT the church.
The APOSTLES were the ones given the SIGN GIFTS so that they would be protected and able to do what Christ told them to do.

Verse #17 again clearly says that the THEM of that verse is the ELEVEN of verse #14.

In the Greek, that is called an "ANTECEDANT". That means the THEM of verse #17 is pointing to the ELEVEN of verse #14.

There always is - so no big deal. It took the Pentecostals decades to shed the Wesleyan "Holiness club" rabbit trails. There was also a "Spiritist" presence at Azuza, and McAlister's "Oneness" folks were there too. "Bad Theology" is part and parcel of denominational churches in general.

Which is exactly why it is important to be a "Biblicist".

It is important to know what the Bible actually says instead of what men tell you it says.

What about the 'Toronto Blessing'. I did hear about it but it was before I became a christian.
I suppose some Canadians on here would know about it.
See for yourself if this is God in action or is it someone else????

Since this is available on the UTUBE for everyone, I think it will be acceptable for this site.

See for yourself if this is God in action or is it someone else????

Since this is available on the UTUBE for everyone, I think it will be acceptable for this site.
Makes me wonder if they knew they were making a mockery of the doctrine of "the spirit of jugment" would they continue falling back slain in the Spirit. ?

There always is - so no big deal. It took the Pentecostals decades to shed the Wesleyan "Holiness club" rabbit trails. There was also a "Spiritist" presence at Azuza, and McAlister's "Oneness" folks were there too. "Bad Theology" is part and parcel of denominational churches in general.
Its just that from the very beginning, this so called Holy Ghost movement had bad theology and even at times heresies coming forth under the guise of "Holy Spirit teaching and leading"

Agreed!

The 2nd Blessing "or" the 2nd act of grace is a Pentecostal Denominational teaching only. It is NOT seen in the Scriptures.
I would even grant to them could have tongues as a gift still even today. but MUST be a real language, not gibberish, and that it is NOT a sign of anything!
Big problem is tht they confused the infilling of the Spirit as the second act of grace!

I would even grant to them could have tongues as a gift still even today. but MUST be a real language, not gibberish, and that it is NOT a sign of anything!
Big problem is tht they confused the infilling of the Spirit as the second act of grace!

Yes sir! Agreed as well!

If this keeps up they are going to call us "TWINS"!

Yes sir! Agreed as well!

If this keeps up they are going to call us "TWINS"!
I casme out of the Assemblies of God, so do see those types as sincere Christians who just misunderstand the operation and working of the Holy Spirit, as they fail to see that Acts was a transition era from old to new Covenant and was during Apostolic Age!

I casme out of the Assemblies of God, so do see those types as sincere Christians who just misunderstand the operation and working of the Holy Spirit, as they fail to see that Acts was a transition era from old to new Covenant and was during Apostolic Age!

Yes sir........been there as well and seen the same thing. Isn't it amazing what actually reading the Scriptures will do to a mans understanding instead of relying on what a man says???

Yes sir........been there as well and seen the same thing. Isn't it amazing what actually reading the Scriptures will do to a mans understanding instead of relying on what a man says???
The main reason left the AOG was that just could not support from scriptures how they viewed the second blessing, as evidenced by speaking forth in other tongues!

Interesting as to what used to be labeled demonic activity now called "Holy Spirit Blessing"

LOL!!!!!

Read the George Orwell book....."1984" written about 75 years ago when he talks about "Double Speak"!

Good is BAD
Right is WRONG
Up is DOWN
Road Improvements is HOUSING FOR HOMELESS

Interesting as to what used to be labeled demonic activity now called "Holy Spirit Blessing"
Sounds like a bad case of ...
"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" Isa 5:20

Back