Rebuke Or Resist?

Okay.. let me get into the details.. Bear with the long post! This is something personal.. This is a sensitive topic for me.. Because this is about my wife.. So I kindly request everyone to respect before any bashing..

My wife was saved from a Hindu family.. She comes from a small village and the village is filled with idol worship and many kind of witchcraft.. She got saved when she was in college.. Now we are in US.. For many yeas, she has had bad dreams/visions and many times felt like someone is pressing her while sleeping.. She has a very closer walk with God than me.. I know that by her fruits (not by her works!!).. The work of Holy Spirit in her life is so evident..

She has been telling about her experiences to some people and relatives.. And also what we have been going through with the pregnancy.. And everyone has commented that there are some strong evil forces behind this.. And almost everyone has tied her experiences to the problems we are going through.. And have called it a spiritual warfare..

Yesterday we had pastor from another Church come over to our house to pray.. The day before that, I just mentioned 3 things to my wife.. Have you felt the urge to tell something to someone? Like you will explode if you don't? I told her these specific points,
1) He who is in us is greater than he who is in this world.. It is about Him and not us..
2) Devil has NO authority over life.. He has to get permission from Lord for everything.. God is sovereign and in absolute control of everything
3) As a believer we both are indwelt by Holy Spirit and there is zero chance for evil spirit to get into her.. All an evil spirit can do is threaten her (which is what is happening).. And we have to put the armor of God.
4) Generation curses will have no effect on her.. If they can have, then Christ's work on cross is not sufficient..

The Pastor came yesterday.. These are the things that happened,
1) He preached from Mark chapter 1 about the demon possessed man in synagogue.. His point was, Christians can be influenced by demonic spirits (different from possession)
2) He made her repent for all her sins and all kind of witchcraft performed in her family
3) After praying for some time, he made her stop praying.. Asked her to keep quiet.. Then all of a sudden asked her "Who are you".. My wife innocently said her name "so and so".. He prayed for some more time and stopped..
4) He said he left some kind of spirit of death playing here..

And again I feel that same urge in me to talk more with her.. I don't have anything against the Pastor.. A very nice person with all nice intentions.. But I don't think it is Biblical.. We are called to resist the devil.. Though he said my wife cannot be possessed, I felt like he performed exorcism on her!

I do not believe Bible calls us to rebuke the devil.. The NT pattern shows us that clearly.. Paul talks about the thorn in his flesh. He did not rebuke the devil.. There is no case of rebuking spirits out of believers.. Unbelievers, yes.. There were many cases in Bible.. For a believer, the only instruction is to put on the Armor of God..

What do you guys think?
I think you made good points to your wife and yes since as believers our old self is dead because of what Christ has done so nothing from the past can impact this unless she believes it can. As with all things in the spiritual life with Christ, it is either living through God's Spirit by faith or not. Any problem that exists is always going to be a faith issue. If someone is angry, it is because they don't have faith that they are already the new creation that they are. If demons bother someone, it is because that person believes they have the power to, rather than believing that God made a mockery of them.

"When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross. 15And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross" (Colossians 2:13-15).

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms (Ephesians 6:12). Now I know you know this verse, but remember your wife's struggle with demons that seem physical are no different than any struggle, whether physical or mental your wife is still struggling against dark powers, dark authorities etc.

Also, why do you think the dreams are even from demons. I could list earthly things that could be causing it and the demon is lying and trying to convince her of its power if that is happening. Either way, whatever the cause doesn't matter, what matters is that your wife put her full trust in God and not believe the manifestations. It isn't even about God taking away the problem, but rather about her believing that God has already triumphed over the demons having disarmed them. The only power they have is that what she gives them by believing their lies. This is the earth lesson. Trusting God over believing the lies of Satan. It wasn't Satan's sin that caused the fall. It was the human believing in Satan's sin.

"God has allotted to each a measure of faith" (Romans 12:3).

"if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.…" (Matthew 17:20).

Does your wife know that she is infinitely, eternally, in every way more powerful than all evil and all evil spirits. Every believer is, Christ triumphed and disarmed. She needs to say it, believe it, and ask God in faith to make that real to her.

She needs to believe and say, I am infinitely, eternally, in every way more powerful than all evil and evil spirits combined.

God is infinitely, eternally, at all times, in every way more powerful than everything combined.

All my dreams, visions, focusing, and thoughts are from God.

I am engulfed in God's goodness.

Anytime she lives in faith of these confessions they will be truth to her because they are truth in God's Spirit. Satan is not in God's Spirit, that is where she needs to be. Satan does not have any power in God's Spirit. Satan does not live in God's Spirit, only in this world. When your wife by faith walks in God's Spirit, she will naturally know that demons have no power over her and they can't influence her. Fear is not in God's Spirit. God's Spirit has power and love and a sound mind.

"For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline" (2nd Timothy 1:7 NIV ).
"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind" (2nd Timothy 1:7 KJV).
When the mind is disciplined it does not believe by fear, but believes the truths that God has set forth in his word.

In God's Spirit she is free from harm, burdens, and darkness.

"So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed" (John 8:36).

Your wife is saved, she is no longer a slave to sin, she is no longer a slave to evil. She is free, but that freedom is in God's Spirit, not in herself.

Last edited:
Here are my beliefs on the issue based on the Word and accounts of other similar situations. The devil works in many ways to get us as far away from God as possible or to keep us from progressing in our relationship to Him. We resist the devil by resisting things that are worldly every day. Whether it be refusing to have a beer, refusing invite to a sketchy party, turning the television channel when Keeping up with the Kardashians is on (have to keep some humor ;)), spouting obscenities to those who have wronged us, keeping from taking revenge, etc. In other words or as in Luke 6:29, we turn the other cheek to these worldly things. When things start becoming personal and diabolical, where you can't just change the channel, walk away or turn the other cheek. Do not be afraid to rid your surroundings of demonic oppression in the name of Jesus Christ.

To resist the devil is to not give into temptation. To rebuke (reprimand, strongly warn or restrain) the devil is when the torment becomes personal or when oppression happens/begins. I hope this makes more sense. My articulation seems a bit weak.

I see that you have made a clear distinction between resisting and rebuking devil.. And this is what I hear from many people.. That is, we should resist devil from tempting us into sin.. But when the devil oppresses, we are to confront and rebuke him.. But my question is, are we not taking things into our hand rather than giving it over to the Lord? Like Paul's thorn.. Response from Lord could very well be My grace is sufficient for you!

I think you made good points to your wife and yes since as believers our old self is dead because of what Christ has done so nothing from the past can impact this unless she believes it can. As with all things in the spiritual life with Christ, it is either living through God's Spirit by faith or not. Any problem that exists is always going to be a faith issue. If someone is angry, it is because they don't have faith that they are already the new creation that they are. If demons bother someone, it is because that person believes they have the power to, rather than believing that God made a mockery of them.

"When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross. 15And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross" (Colossians 2:13-15).

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms (Ephesians 6:12). Now I know you know this verse, but remember your wife's struggle with demons that seem physical are no different than any struggle, whether physical or mental your wife is still struggling against dark powers, dark authorities etc.

Also, why do you think the dreams are even from demons. I could list earthly things that could be causing it and the demon is lying and trying to convince her of its power if that is happening. Either way, whatever the cause doesn't matter, what matters is that your wife put her full trust in God and not believe the manifestations. It isn't even about God taking away the problem, but rather about her believing that God has already triumphed over the demons having disarmed them. The only power they have is that what she gives them by believing their lies. This is the earth lesson. Trusting God over believing the lies of Satan. It wasn't Satan's sin that caused the fall. It was the human believing in Satan's sin.

"God has allotted to each a measure of faith" (Romans 12:3).

"if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.…" (Matthew 17:20).

Does your wife know that she is infinitely, eternally, in every way more powerful than all evil and all evil spirits. Every believer is, Christ triumphed and disarmed. She needs to say it, believe it, and ask God in faith to make that real to her.

She needs to believe and say, I am infinitely, eternally, in every way more powerful than all evil and evil spirits combined.

God is infinitely, eternally, at all times, in every way more powerful than everything combined.

All my dreams, visions, focusing, and thoughts are from God.

I am engulfed in God's goodness.

Anytime she lives in faith of these confessions they will be truth to her because they are truth in God's Spirit. Satan is not in God's Spirit, that is where she needs to be. Satan does not have any power in God's Spirit. Satan does not live in God's Spirit, only in this world. When your wife by faith walks in God's Spirit, she will naturally know that demons have no power over her and they can't influence her. Fear is not in God's Spirit. God's Spirit has power and love and a sound mind.

"For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline" (2nd Timothy 1:7 NIV ).
"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind" (2nd Timothy 1:7 KJV).
When the mind is disciplined it does not believe by fear, but believes the truths that God has set forth in his word.

In God's Spirit she is free from harm, burdens, and darkness.

"So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed" (John 8:36).

Your wife is saved, she is no longer a slave to sin, she is no longer a slave to evil. She is free, but that freedom is in God's Spirit, not in herself.
Very good thoughts Olivia (I hope that's your actual name also!) I agree with everything you have said.. I completely agree with you that there is no reason why only demons cause these things.. Few questions for you.. Based on your personal beliefs

Do you believe in demonic oppression?
If so, how do you differentiate that from normal sickness which could be treated..
And how will you face it? Do you rebuke the demon or simply give it over to Lord and pray about it?

I see that you have made a clear distinction between resisting and rebuking devil.. And this is what I hear from many people.. That is, we should resist devil from tempting us into sin.. But when the devil oppresses, we are to confront and rebuke him.. But my question is, are we not taking things into our hand rather than giving it over to the Lord? Like Paul's thorn.. Response from Lord could very well be My grace is sufficient for you!

Ephesians 6:10-20 gives us the tools to withstand the attack from the enemy and Luke 10:19 gives us the tools and the right to take the offensive. By no means should we sit idly by and take strikes and stings from serpents and scorpions. We are not taking matters into our own hands as God gave us both offensive and defensive weapons which is His Word, the HS and his Son Jesus Christ. We glorify Him by using His Son’s name when rebuking evil. Taking matters into our own hands would be to ignore the HS, the Word of God and rebuke evil in any other name than Jesus Christ. God bless you brother!

I am sorry.. Are you saying he might have some revelation on what is causing all this?
I know you said some of what he said did not make biblical sense to you, but if he is a real man of God? My thought is that God will eventually work something through his efforts of faith. It could be that you need the other minister that he knows and you do not? So what Im saying is that these things often take time, and often it is a great spiritual battle. If this minister is determined to move this influence from your wife and you don't think he is just some kind of flake? Stand with him in his efforts and be in faith with him, even if he "like most of us" don't understand exactly how satan is working against your wife. I would bring the communion into this battle. The communion declares to the spirits the Lords Death and it has great power. We see that the Lamb eaten and the Blood on the doorpost of Israel in Egypt, which declared the death of Christ and caused that spirit that was coming on Egypt to bring death, to pass over those that had taken this in faith. I know this may be new to you? But its a clear truth of scripture. These are my thoughts and some advice, I know the Lord is with you and will guide you in Jesus Name.

I know you said some of what he said did not make biblical sense to you, but if he is a real man of God? My thought is that God will eventually work something through his efforts of faith. It could be that you need the other minister that he knows and you do not? So what Im saying is that these things often take time, and often it is a great spiritual battle. If this minister is determined to move this influence from your wife and you don't think he is just some kind of flake? Stand with him in his efforts and be in faith with him, even if he "like most of us" don't understand exactly how satan is working against your wife. I would bring the communion into this battle. The communion declares to the spirits the Lords Death and it has great power. We see that the Lamb eaten and the Blood on the doorpost of Israel in Egypt, which declared the death of Christ and caused that spirit that was coming on Egypt to bring death, to pass over those that had taken this in faith. I know this may be new to you? But its a clear truth of scripture. These are my thoughts and some advice, I know the Lord is with you and will guide you in Jesus Name.
Thanks for the clarification.. And trust me.. The question was not sarcastic! :) I think you know that, by looking at the effort you took at explaining it.. Only after I posted, I was thinking if the question really sounded right in the tone!!!

I completely hear you.. And I agree also.. He is a very faithful minister.. That is why I had asked him to come over pray.. His intentions are certainly good.. Not just him.. There have been lot of other preachers praying for my wife.. They all have good intentions.. So even if I might look at things a little differently, everyone is praying with genuine burden in their hearts.. I completely respect that and will join hands with them every time..

Ephesians 6:10-20 gives us the tools to withstand the attack from the enemy and Luke 10:19 gives us the tools and the right to take the offensive. By no means should we sit idly by and take strikes and stings from serpents and scorpions. We are not taking matters into our own hands as God gave us both offensive and defensive weapons which is His Word, the HS and his Son Jesus Christ. We glorify Him by using His Son’s name when rebuking evil. Taking matters into our own hands would be to ignore the HS, the Word of God and rebuke evil in any other name than Jesus Christ. God bless you brother!
That verse is very useful! I have gone past that without giving too much focus to this verse :)

I have the same question I asked Olivia.. I think she will respond a little later! How do you distinguish work of demons versus a real sickness?

That verse is very useful! I have gone past that without giving too much focus to this verse :)

I have the same question I asked Olivia.. I think she will respond a little later! How do you distinguish work of demons versus a real sickness?
It seems that you are quite sure that this a spiritual issue, but with all honesty go to a doctor if you are not sure. the Lord understands your inability to know exactly what the problem is. It is often spiritual pride that keeps us from the place of truth with God, where He can best work. What I mean is you go to the Lord and you tell Him. "Lord I trust you but I am just unsure about what to do? I am going to look for spiritual help and physical help, I ask you to accept me in my weakness and guide me in a way that I can understand" I ask that you to bless my efforts as i seek help and relief for the wife you have given to me" He will not let you down, but just stay humble and stay in faith.

James said "...pray, anointing him with oil in the NAME of the Lord: and the prayer of faith shall save the sick...and if he has committed sins, they will be forgiven him." The faith is first manifest by the one that calls for the elders; then the
elders will pray and anoint. That is primarily for the natural sickness; but if the sick has committed sin...he will be healed and forgiven if he has repented of them. Repentance and forgiveness, you see, go hand-in-hand.

Demons have been around for thousands of years and know the word. They will resist the prayer and try different tactics
to cause one to stop praying: above all, they will "hide" their presence. One tactic is to put on a show of "power": as they
did when the disciples could not cast the devil out. The could scream, froth, and throw the victim on the ground: to try and
make one doubt. Another tactic is to hide and be still...and make everyone believe they are gone. They don't come back, they never left. Deliverance many times, depends on the faith of the believer. Jesus said, "That kind comes not out but
by prayer and fasting."
I guess you have heard: "A little prayer, little power; much prayer, much power"

God is Holy, and whoever will come to God will also be affected by His Holiness. Understand that sin cannot stand in the presence of God, so as the believer humbly approaches God in faith, sin begins to fall by the wayside. That's what happened to Moses on the Mount: so that the Israelites could not look upon his face. And that is what will happen to the believer who has consecrated his life and constantly abides in God's presence through prayer: and the devils, who are
spirits, will react to the one who "...walks not in the flesh, but inthe Spirit."

I wish I had an answer to this one. ^^^ CMV is right though, demons will try different tactics to break down those who walk in the spirit, sickness can only be part of it. Demons don't just want a person sick, they want to break their will, their spirit and their faith. If there are other spiritual things happening aside from the sickness, i.e. changes in your wife's attitude toward God, faith, etc, there's a good chance something evil is behind the sickness.

I wish I had an answer to this one. ^^^ CMV is right though, demons will try different tactics to break down those who walk in the spirit, sickness can only be part of it. Demons don't just want a person sick, they want to break their will, their spirit and their faith. If there are other spiritual things happening aside from the sickness, i.e. changes in your wife's attitude toward God, faith, etc, there's a good chance something evil is behind the sickness.
Well, I would slightly differ in this.. Because devil might try to induce fear through bad dreams.. But not necessary he will succeed! So even there is no change in faith, the attacks could be from devil..

But I agree with Mitspa.. Going to the presence of Lord with humbleness that I have not figured out everything! And leave it over to the Lord to provide wisdom and guidance..

James said "...pray, anointing him with oil in the NAME of the Lord: and the prayer of faith shall save the sick...and if he has committed sins, they will be forgiven him." The faith is first manifest by the one that calls for the elders; then the
elders will pray and anoint. That is primarily for the natural sickness; but if the sick has committed sin...he will be healed and forgiven if he has repented of them. Repentance and forgiveness, you see, go hand-in-hand.

Demons have been around for thousands of years and know the word. They will resist the prayer and try different tactics
to cause one to stop praying: above all, they will "hide" their presence. One tactic is to put on a show of "power": as they
did when the disciples could not cast the devil out. The could scream, froth, and throw the victim on the ground: to try and
make one doubt. Another tactic is to hide and be still...and make everyone believe they are gone. They don't come back, they never left. Deliverance many times, depends on the faith of the believer. Jesus said, "That kind comes not out but
by prayer and fasting."
I guess you have heard: "A little prayer, little power; much prayer, much power"

God is Holy, and whoever will come to God will also be affected by His Holiness. Understand that sin cannot stand in the presence of God, so as the believer humbly approaches God in faith, sin begins to fall by the wayside. That's what happened to Moses on the Mount: so that the Israelites could not look upon his face. And that is what will happen to the believer who has consecrated his life and constantly abides in God's presence through prayer: and the devils, who are
spirits, will react to the one who "...walks not in the flesh, but inthe Spirit."
There is no evidence of sin as the issue here. What needs to be taught is her righteous condition in Christ and that being the foundation upon which deliverance will be manifest. Based upon Christ and what He has done, not based upon some sin that she might have not been forgiven for. I doubt many devils are moved by our ability not to "sin" but mountains move based upon Gods Righteousness.

find any place in scripture where a confession of sins was needed to cast out a devil? How silly.

Well, I would slightly differ in this.. Because devil might try to induce fear through bad dreams.. But not necessary he will succeed! So even there is no change in faith, the attacks could be from devil..

But I agree with Mitspa.. Going to the presence of Lord with humbleness that I have not figured out everything! And leave it over to the Lord to provide wisdom and guidance..

Indeed. Using the tools the Lord has given you and using them in Jesus' name also shows your humility; as you cannot rid evil without His infinite love and power. Whatever you choose, may it be because it is what God wishes of you. God bless!

but mountains move based upon Gods Righteousness.
find any place in scripture where a confession of sins was needed to cast out a devil? How silly.

Once more: assumptions!
It is "faith" that can move mountains:
There has been no discussion on confession of sins.

James said, "...and IF he has committed any sins...". The Church has delegated authority from the Lord; and the elders
would represent (stand in lieu of) the Church in their actions: for we are His body, and the Father "...has put all things
under His feet, and gave Him to be the head over all things to the Church."

Very good thoughts Olivia (I hope that's your actual name also!) I agree with everything you have said.. I completely agree with you that there is no reason why only demons cause these things.. Few questions for you.. Based on your personal beliefs

Do you believe in demonic oppression?
If so, how do you differentiate that from normal sickness which could be treated..
And how will you face it? Do you rebuke the demon or simply give it over to Lord and pray about it?

Before I say anything I want to remind you once more of the truth. As believers you and your wife are infinitely more powerful than Satan and all demons and the only weapon they have against a saved person is when the believer of Jesus decides to believe the lies of Satan.

Yes, demons can oppress someone, even unknowingly like during sleep and yes I had experience with it. However, because I was always confident that God would protect me always, the Holy Spirit intervened and called out Jesus through me during the most dangerous experience and immediately I saw Jesus and a battle happening spiritually. I was completely kept safe by my loving and wonderful and caring savior who always watches his sheep as a good shepherd. The whole experience was very quick, but it is a reminder that even though sleeping the Holy Spirit acts through me and God is ever present. God is with you and your wife even when asleep.

The dreams and visions could be related to many things. I actually use to study natural health a lot, until God told me to stop, not because he made it clear that he wants me to always have faith and all my health problems are gone. Nevertheless, this doesn't mean that the person I am advising it to has faith this way, or they may momentarily have faith for a healing, only to a week later have illness again because they start to doubt.

You sound confident that if you know what is God's will to do you would do it and know that God keeps his promises. Your in the same room, but you don't feel the oppression. You need to honestly know some things regarding your wife however:

I ask these questions because I know this is a hard time for you and your wife, yet these things must be addressed for her to stand in faith. If she is having doubts, I want to help her with that as well, but these questions address this post.

Is your wife confident by faith that God is always with her and watching over her?
Does she know by faith that she is always protected by God?

You told your wife: 1) He who is in us is greater than he who is in this world.. It is about Him and not us..

Great thing to tell her, but does she believe it? Does she know that a believer's power, protection, wisdom, love, peace come from God? That it is about God in her? She may know these things in her mind, but not KNOW these things from God by faith in Him.

2) Devil has NO authority over life..God is sovereign...

Again, she definitely needs to know God is all powerful, but is your wife confident by faith in this? Does she know without any doubt that God is always with her and watching over her? Or does she really think that he is only aware occasionally? Does your wife have true faith that God is her protector?

3) As a believer we both are indwelt by Holy Spirit and there is zero chance for evil spirit to get into her.. All an evil spirit can do is threaten her (which is what is happening).. And we have to put the armor of God.

Is your wife thinking that in her own power she is going to have to fight this (is she afraid that she doesn't have the armor) or does she have confidence that God will fight for her or resolve the situation for her, whichever is necessary. Does she believe God will give her wisdom if she asks?

4) Generation curses will have no effect on her.. If they can have, then Christ's work on cross is not sufficient..

Another great point, but does she believe it? If she still believes she is guilty somehow, she won't feel worthy of using her faith to trust God for deliverance from the problem.

Does she have a faith issue, like she doesn't believe she has enough faith, or she believes she needs something other than faith, or she believes she has no faith. Maybe she is very confident and knows she can trust God with everything and that He will always come through for her. Does she know that everyone has been given the measure of faith and she has enough faith for all problems if she believes?

This is not meant to be an interrogation. In fact you might not even ask her anything, but she needs scripture and affirmations that affirm the truth and deny whatever the negative things that she is saying in her head.

If your wife is confident and strong in faith then she can rebuke or resist the demon, if that is what it is. Even if it is a health issue, if someone has great faith and then they believe something is done for them (as long as it is in God's will of course), it will be done for them.

"When they came to the crowd, a man approached Jesus and knelt before him. 15 "Lord, have mercy on my son," he said. "He has seizures and is suffering greatly. He often falls into the fire or into the water. 16 I brought him to your disciples, but they could not heal him." 17 "O unbelieving and perverse generation," Jesus replied, "how long shall I stay with you? How long shall I put up with you? Bring the boy here to me." 18 Jesus rebuked the demon, and it came out of the boy, and he was healed from that moment. 19 Then the disciples came to Jesus in private and asked, "Why couldn't we drive it out?" 20 He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you (Matthew 17:14-17:21).

This shows that if your wife uses her faith, she can be rid of the problem. It doesn't matter if it is rebuke, resist, or prayer because it is the unwavering faith in God for the result that produces the result, not the action itself. However, if there is wavering faith do not expect anything.

"But he must ask in faith without any doubting, for the one who doubts is like the surf of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind. 7For that man ought not to expect that he will receive anything from the Lord,…" (James 1:6-7).

If your wife realizes that she doesn't have faith or has a belief like her faith isn't strong enough for what she perceives is a powerful demon (which she needs to remember that demons are only as powerful as a person's belief in them) then she does need to pray to God to have the Holy Spirit give her living understanding and awaken her to the real faith within her. She needs to believe God will do this? Can she believe by faith this much? If she won't (she has the power to, but some deception has trapped her thinking so she believes she can't), then she needs to meditate on what Jesus said, "I tell you the TRUTH, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for your (Matthew 17:14).

She also needs to stop listening to people who instill fear in her about curses and evil things building these things up as if they are more powerful than she can handle. They are not more powerful. Whatever voices she is hearing (because if there weren't some type of negative thoughts she would of stood in faith by now) she needs to block out and say the truth of scripture. "Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see (Hebrews 11:1). She needs confidence and assurance that Jesus hears her righteous request (he doesn't want her sick or oppressed as if His work wasn't good enough).

"We live by faith, not by sight" (2 Corinthians 5:7).

You and your wife should pray, (but make sure that she is having faith in the prayer and not relying on your faith only) that God removes all bad dreams and visions from her as well as the pressure. If she hears any thoughts that say it can't or won't happen, she needs to drown those thoughts out with things like: I trust God with all things, I cast all my cares on Jesus, God has removed all evil from my presence, my health and thoughts only come from God, All my faith, hope, trust, and belief is in God. Remember when we use our faith it is joined to the faith of God (God always believes the truth and good about and for his believers). God believes us to be who we are in Christ, new creations. Having real faith is really believing this, that it is God working through us and God made us to be over evil, not subjected to it. Faith is what allows the Holy Spirit to work through us. Also, make up a list of affirmations and scripture and record it and put it on replay for the whole night or play the bible on replay all night long. Let her subconsciously listen to the truth. I doubt any demon is going to want to hear scripture all night. I agree with Mitspa about communion. We do it in our house often. I believe that God wants you to do this and it is very powerful.

I will be praying for you. If your wife wants to try some things (that can't hurt her in any way) to test some physical things that may show if they are causing the dream and vision part, I can offer some suggestions if you pm me and I will give you a personal email, since I know that the website doesn't want to be related to that. However, whatever the issue, it can all be solved by faith, but I do want to work with your wife from where she is now and I want her to know that I am always here for her.

May God bless you and your wife with wisdom, peace, hope, joy and faith that is steadfast in God's truth.

Do you believe in demonic oppression? (not possession). What should be reaction of a believing Christian? Should he or she rebuke the devil or resist the devil?
I don't know about others, but every time the devil tries to tell me something or scare me I tell him where to go and that my god is in control and he can't do nothing unless god is the one to do it.

Back