Question About Something That Has Been Bothering Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not repulsed by it .. not does Jesus say it is bad ..
(but most often those who did adorn the righteous, were not righteous, and that made them both hypocrites and share in the guilt of their martyrdom)

also is that not like trying to make the imperishable put back on the perishable ???

I'm not sure how I feel about those bodies that have not undergone decay ..

I still do not agree with adorning them, but am not sure if a miracle, if they shouldn't be displayed ..

the purpose of miracles is a testament to people of what is of God ..

Hbr 2:4 God also testifying with them, both by signs and wonders and by various miracles and by gifts of the Holy Spirit according to His own will.

2Cr 12:12 The signs of a true apostle were performed among you with all perseverance, by signs and wonders and miracles.

1Cr 12:28 And God has appointed in the church, first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, various kinds of tongues.

yet the antiChrist will use miracles to deceive as well ..

as for me .. I enjoy just serving God the best I can ..

Last edited:
It's not the burials I have the problem with... it's the displaying and parading them around in the manner shown in the photos. The skull in the golden mask... being paraded around like that.

this without a doubt shows he was using it as a metaphor for them ..

Mat 23:28 “So you, too, outwardly appear righteous to men, but inwardly you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.

however, if you read on ..

Mat 23:29 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you build the tombs of the prophets and adorn the monuments of the righteous,

there you go .. now THAT does address it ..

Mat 23:30 and say, ‘If we had been living in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partners with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.’

ok .. so Jesus is not actually saying it is bad, He is saying by them doing so, they are hypocrites because they are essentially claiming their righteousness when they do so ..
Mat 23:31 “So you testify against yourselves, that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets

I am going to try to be kind.

Now it's just a metaphor. Really?

of course it is.

Jesus could have said like the heart of a Harlot, or said like the the inside of hell.

So i guess as long as it's a Metaphor then harlots are OK and going to Hell must be OK.

You go to great lengths to dodge Sweet Peas simple question.

Brother in all love, you will answer for giving answers against your heart to another believer.

Jesus said................ The vileness of the Pharisees heart is like the inside of a coffin. Bright shiny Coffin outside, filth and death of a mans bones inside.

Your dodge around and scoot around because your afraid of what? Offending someone Catholic? What is it? Sweet Pea had a serious question, and I have seen your revelation before and it's not matching this. I can tell when you want to duck and dodge and when you answer straight and in faith.

So one more time.

What did Jesus say the bones of a dead person are?

Would Jesus disagree with what his Father said about them?

Would the Head of the Church approve coming together unto him with someone's head on a platter? Would your Lord be OK with that?

In Jesus statement did he give any indication that carrying around the bones of the dead are OK?

If Jesus felt it OK, would he have used that Metaphor?

What did Jesus tell the man that wanted to bury his dead? "Hey, wait!! go and grab the guy out of the ground we can use the parts in the next service...... I think Peter lost the head we had and can use a replacement?

NO, He said let the Dead bury the dead.

I think you know better from reading other post you made and you have to shake this nonsense and be careful how you answer someone. It is what it is................ It's no different than Friday the 13th When Jason had candles around his dead mothers head in honor of her.

No different than Jeffery Dalimar who kept the dead and eating the hearts because of some kind of power.

Look at the pics, do you see a difference? Both have candles.

Jesus said let the spiritually dead bury the dead........... Dead needs buried by the spiritually dead. Not take the remains and hold church service. That is not what Jesus meant.

mom's head.jpg images.jpg

give a straight answer brother it is what it is. Jasons mom, Catholic shrine. Unfortunatly one of them is not latex and made in Hollywood. The one on the right is real.

Last edited:
The use of ossuaries is also found among the laity in the Greek Orthodox Church. The departed will be buried for one to three years and then, often on the anniversary of death, the family will gather with the parish priest and celebrate a parastas (memorial service), after which the remains are disinterred, washed with wine, perfumed, and placed in a small ossuary of wood or metal, inscribed with the name of the departed, and placed in a room, often in or near the church, which is dedicated to this purpose.

Jewish
Jewish ossuary inscription from Second Temple period.
During the time of the Second Temple, Jewish burial customs included primary burials in burial caves, followed by secondary burials in ossuaries placed in smaller niches of the burial caves. Some of the limestone ossuaries that have been discovered, particularly around the Jerusalem area, include intricate geometrical patterns and inscriptions identifying the deceased. Among the best-known Jewish ossuaries of this period are: an ossuary inscribed 'Simon the Temple builder' in the collection of the Israel Museum, another inscribed 'Elisheba wife of Tarfon', one inscribed 'Yehohanan ben Hagkol' that contained an iron nail in a heel bone suggesting crucifixion, another inscribed 'James son of Joseph, brother of Jesus', the authenticity of which is suspect, and ten ossuaries recovered from the Talpiot Tomb in 1980, several of which are reported to have names from the New Testament.

During the Second Temple period, Jewish sages debated whether the occasion of the gathering of a parent's bones for a secondary burial was a day of sorrow or rejoicing; it was resolved that it was a day of fasting in the morning and feasting in the afternoon. The custom of secondary burial in ossuaries did not persist among Jews past the Second Temple period (70ad) nor appear to exist among Jews outside the land of Israel.

which is incorrect as the large Jewish population of Rome is who passed it on to the church .. and Italy has had this custom from the time of the Apostles until today ..
Rosa was born in Italy and affirmed this as a fact to me ..

Yes, you are so right ... we don't have a problem with death nor the dead, after all we have the family of our Lord Jesus as an example of how they handles Jesus ... first His family did not leave Him but stayed with him at his side all along, and when He gave up the ghost they took Him down the cross and wrapped our Lord Jesus in fine new linen:

Matthew 59 So Joseph took the body and wrapped it in a clean linen cloth 60 and laid it in his own new tomb, which he had hewn in the rock. He then rolled a great stone to the door of the tomb and went away.
The women were going after the Sabbath was over to the tomb with spices to anoint Him... anointing is done with aromatic oils such as :
"The anointing and preparing of the body requires a special blend of essential oils and spices. The common essential oils and spices used include sandalwood, myrrh, spikenard, frankincense, fir balsam, myrtle, pine, cypress and spruce with extra virgin olive oil. These oils have been used for hundreds of years for this primary purpose of preparing and purifying the dead." http://www.ehow.com/info_8493339_jewish-burial-customs-anointing-oils.html

What this means is that the love the family has for the one that died gives them the courage to take care of body in a very loving way... did not the family of our Lord touch Him and the women were the ones to go and anoint Him...? Yes, they did and there was no problem in ''touching the dead'' body of our Lord.

When my mother was quite young her brother died and after a certain time she and some other sisters went to the tomb, took his body out and cleaned the bones of my uncle so he could be put in a box and put on the side of the tomb and if i remember correct they did perfume the bones. Also the tombs in Italy are not just dirt but tombs deep in the ground with the floor and the walls all made of concrete, the cask is laid there, just like the Jews did, and it is closed with a marble slab. November 1st is a day which as a child i remember we, actually the whole town also, would go to the cemetery and spend the day cleaning the tomb, placing flowers , lighting candles around the tomb, praying to God and remembering our loved ones with their memories. The priest would come around and pray and bless us and the tomb, we would bring food and drink and visit other tombs of friends and families. It was a day of celebration and remembrances and of love.

LaFoce-Nov07-DE0993sAR800.jpg

I am going to try to be kind.

Now it's just a metaphor. Really?

of course it is.

Jesus could have said like the heart of a Harlot, or said like the the inside of hell.

So i guess as long as it's a Metaphor then harlots are OK and going to Hell must be OK.

You go to great lengths to dodge Sweet Peas simple question.

Brother in all love, you will answer for giving answers against your heart to another believer.

Jesus said................ The vileness of the Pharisees heart is like the inside of a coffin. Bright shiny Coffin outside, filth and death of a mans bones inside.

Your dodge around and scoot around because your afraid of what? Offending someone Catholic? What is it? Sweet Pea had a serious question, and I have seen your revelation before and it's not matching this. I can tell when you want to duck and dodge and when you answer straight and in faith.

So one more time.

What did Jesus say the bones of a dead person are?

Would Jesus disagree with what his Father said about them?

Would the Head of the Church approve coming together unto him with someone's head on a platter? Would your Lord be OK with that?

In Jesus statement did he give any indication that carrying around the bones of the dead are OK?

If Jesus felt it OK, would he have used that Metaphor?

What did Jesus tell the man that wanted to bury his dead? "Hey, wait!! go and grab the guy out of the ground we can use the parts in the next service...... I think Peter lost the head we had and can use a replacement?

NO, He said let the Dead bury the dead.

I think you know better from reading other post you made and you have to shake this nonsense and be careful how you answer someone. It is what it is................ It's no different than Friday the 13th When Jason had candles around his dead mothers head in honor of her.

No different than Jeffery Dalimar who kept the dead and eating the hearts because of some kind of power.

Look at the pics, do you see a difference? Both have candles.

Jesus said let the spiritually dead bury the dead........... Dead needs buried by the spiritually dead. Not take the remains and hold church service. That is not what Jesus meant.

View attachment 869 View attachment 870

give a straight answer brother it is what it is. Jasons mom, Catholic shrine. Unfortunatly one of them is not latex and made in Hollywood. The one on the right is real.

Our Lord said :

Romans 12:14-21
New Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (NRSVCE)

14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. 16 Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly; do not claim to be wiser than you are. 17 Do not repay evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all. 18 If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. 19 Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave room for the wrath of God; for it is written, "Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord." No, "if your enemies are hungry, feed them; if they are thirsty, give them something to drink; for by doing this you will heap burning coals on their heads." 21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good .

Obama is not the only one out to persecute Catholics...

My mother, bless her for her wisdom, used to say those that spit in the air falls back on their faces and say 'amen' to anyone that without understanding attacks you... especially when it is done with such vile accusations.

RosaVera, sorry to hear about your mom's brother.

The scene you are describing is a lot different than what those pictures showed in the link. The link even has a warning because it's so graphic and disturbing. I know different cultures do different things with burials, but that isn't the issue here. The people in the pics have been dead a long time and something different is going on in the pics in the link. What is the purpose?

Our Lord said :

Romans 12:14-21
New Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (NRSVCE)

14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. 16 Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly; do not claim to be wiser than you are. 17 Do not repay evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all. 18 If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. 19 Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave room for the wrath of God; for it is written, "Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord." No, "if your enemies are hungry, feed them; if they are thirsty, give them something to drink; for by doing this you will heap burning coals on their heads." 21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good .

Obama is not the only one out to persecute Catholics...

My mother, bless her for her wisdom, used to say those that spit in the air falls back on their faces and say 'amen' to anyone that without understanding attacks you... especially when it is done with such vile accusations.

Nobody is persecuting anyone. If certain Catholics chop off human heads and put them in glass cases which there is lots of evidence of, then its not my fault.

And when Joseph had taken the body, he wrapped it in a clean linen cloth, And laid it in his own new tomb, which he had hewn out in the rock: and he rolled a great stone to the door of the sepulchre, and departed.
(Mat 27:59-60)
The women were going after the Sabbath was over to the tomb with spices to anoint Him... anointing is done with aromatic oils such as :
"The anointing and preparing of the body requires a special blend of essential oils and spices. The common essential oils and spices used include sandalwood, myrrh, spikenard, frankincense, fir balsam, myrtle, pine, cypress and spruce with extra virgin olive oil. These oils have been used for hundreds of years for this primary purpose of preparing and purifying the dead

since you want to bring me up once again for no apparent reason.

Nobody said anything about burying the dead. The dead are suppose to be buried. Nobody said anything about not warping them or rubbing something on them according to tradition. Today we embalm them or burn them up.

We also have a funeral and people pay their respects.

None of that is in question here. What is in question is when instead of burying the body, we chop the head off and put it in a glass case with candles.

I certainly hope you don't have the parts of dead family members decorating your house. Many Catholics churches do however.
That was the question of the OP. Some bodies don't make it to the grave, they end up on platters and part of some church wall.

I don't visit the dead bodies of anyone. They are not even there, and it's pointless. Some do, that is their business. The concern was using human remains as part of worship. It's not scriptural, it's demonic and straight out of a horror movie as I illustrated above.

That is the concern.

Just provide one scripture (though we are suppose to have more than one) where Children of God who are part of the body of Christ should have any part in this Morbid worship.

one scripture.

Numbers 19:13, "Whosoever toucheth the dead body of any man that is dead, and purifieth not himself, defileth the tabernacle of the LORD; and that soul shall be cut off from Israel: because the water of separation was not sprinkled upon him, he shall be unclean; his uncleanness is yet upon him."

Numbers 9:6, "And there were certain men, who were defiled by the dead body of a man...

Isaiah 38:18-19, "For the grave cannot praise thee, death can not celebrate thee: they that go down into the pit cannot hope for thy truth. The living, the living, he shall praise thee, as I do this day: the father to the children shall make known thy truth.

• Psalms 115:17 The dead praise not the LORD, neither any that go down into silence.
  • Psalms 146:4 His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish
  • Ecclesiastes 9:5,6 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.
here are a few scriptures.

Nobody is persecuting anyone. If certain Catholics chop off human heads and put them in glass cases which there is lots of evidence of, then its not my fault.

And when Joseph had taken the body, he wrapped it in a clean linen cloth, And laid it in his own new tomb, which he had hewn out in the rock: and he rolled a great stone to the door of the sepulchre, and departed.
(Mat 27:59-60)

since you want to bring me up once again for no apparent reason.

Nobody said anything about burying the dead. The dead are suppose to be buried. Nobody said anything about not warping them or rubbing something on them according to tradition. Today we embalm them or burn them up.

We also have a funeral and people pay their respects.

None of that is in question here. What is in question is when instead of burying the body, we chop the head off and put it in a glass case with candles.

I certainly hope you don't have the parts of dead family members decorating your house. Many Catholics churches do however.
That was the question of the OP. Some bodies don't make it to the grave, they end up on platters and part of some church wall.

I don't visit the dead bodies of anyone. They are not even there, and it's pointless. Some do, that is their business. The concern was using human remains as part of worship. It's not scriptural, it's demonic and straight out of a horror movie as I illustrated above.

That is the concern.

Just provide one scripture (though we are suppose to have more than one) where Children of God who are part of the body of Christ should have any part in this Morbid worship.

one scripture.

Numbers 19:13, "Whosoever toucheth the dead body of any man that is dead, and purifieth not himself, defileth the tabernacle of the LORD; and that soul shall be cut off from Israel: because the water of separation was not sprinkled upon him, he shall be unclean; his uncleanness is yet upon him."

Numbers 9:6, "And there were certain men, who were defiled by the dead body of a man...

Isaiah 38:18-19, "For the grave cannot praise thee, death can not celebrate thee: they that go down into the pit cannot hope for thy truth. The living, the living, he shall praise thee, as I do this day: the father to the children shall make known thy truth.

• Psalms 115:17 The dead praise not the LORD, neither any that go down into silence.
    • Psalms 146:4 His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish
    • Ecclesiastes 9:5,6 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.
here are a few scriptures.

Since THIS was already answered in many many posts already then why is this being addressed again...?

Since THIS was already answered in many many posts already then why is this being addressed again...?

It has never been answered. Why Certain Catholic Priest carry severed heads on platters during a Catholic service or why some Catholic churches are decorated with Human remains.

It's been dodged like your answer about burying the dead which everyone has some type of practice and funerals to "Pay last respects"

We are talking about this fascination with Human remains and dead things, mixing it it church services. It's Straight out of Horror movies and I gave several scriptures that tell us what God thinks about it. (Hint God would never condone such a thing)
Just so we don't hear about normal burial and normal respect for the dead most cultures practice.

Remains of a rotting man and his Child. (These are not bones, but rotting corpses)
portugal1.jpg

Capela dos Ossos in Portugal. This Holy Roman Catholic site is located in the city of Évora 130 kilometer south of Lisbon. The Chapel is located next to the entrance of the Church of St. Francis.

Children Praying in front of a cut out Human heart.

cursechildren.jpg

These are Children, it's sick. Same Heart of priest pictured below.

The Archbishop of Shrewsbury conduct a mass with the heart in the center of the rituals.

mass1.jpg

All we are asking is the why. Catholics say they are Christians so wanting to know the why this can be and still be Called Christian, I believe is not out of line.

Nobody is bashing, these are real photo's you can find around the World in Catholic Churches. If it's all in the up and up and if scriptural then I am good with it.

I am locking this thread. We don't want any denominational bashing. All denominations are welcome here. To keep the atmosphere friendly, we will have to be careful with these type of discussions. Please co-operate. Thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back