Police Officers

"A lot of people lie to the police"?????

I spent many years in the retail business. I can honestly tell you that every single person apprehended by my staff or the police when they got there SAID........."I didn't steal anything".

My grandfather told me many years ago that every thief is a liar and every liar is a thief. How very true that has turned out to be.
Your grandfather must have been a very wise men! Love the quote! :)

I think problem in my country is resources stretched too thin. Mostly dealing with traffic cops now instead should be entirely different department. I got a speeding ticket the other day for going 8 ks over the limit, so paid it. i dont blame the police for this as now have zero tolerance for speeding but they dont seem to have zero tolerance for other things, like alcohol.

In my defence I blame my friend ..she kept saying why dont you drive faster? i was on the highway and said no, Im sticking to the speed limit. i mist have gone over down a hill or something but pretty mad when got this ticket as I was very careful. So maybe I just tell her I got this ticket or maybe I just not listen to my friend anymore..i mean what kind of friend tells you to drive faster when you going at the speed limit? But then again she wasnt born in this country and doesnt drive so how is she supposed to know?
I didnt see any speed camera..but Im not one of those ppl that slow down only if a camera is there.

I would completely agree to this from American culture perspective.. But things are so different in 3rd world countries.. Every one sees what benefit they can get out of anything.. I come from India.. Cops are extremely corrupted.. Bribing is default!

That is why I asked "Lanolin" what country she lived in. I do understand that many countries the police are very corrupt and in that case I would agree with her........and YOU.

I would only say that here in America, there are in fact corrupt policemen however the overall situation IMO is very sound and every PD has its own dept. of detective who investigate any and all claims of wrong doing.

That has to happen because power breeds corruption and complete power corrupts completely with out any accountability.

I think problem in my country is resources stretched too thin. Mostly dealing with traffic cops now instead should be entirely different department. I got a speeding ticket the other day for going 8 ks over the limit, so paid it. i dont blame the police for this as now have zero tolerance for speeding but they dont seem to have zero tolerance for other things, like alcohol.

In my defence I blame my friend ..she kept saying why dont you drive faster? i was on the highway and said no, Im sticking to the speed limit. i mist have gone over down a hill or something but pretty mad when got this ticket as I was very careful. So maybe I just tell her I got this ticket or maybe I just not listen to my friend anymore..i mean what kind of friend tells you to drive faster when you going at the speed limit? But then again she wasnt born in this country and doesnt drive so how is she supposed to know?
I didnt see any speed camera..but Im not one of those ppl that slow down only if a camera is there.
I don't know if the blame should be in the cops or the system out there.. I would blame the cops if they asked for bribe for letting you go with a simple ticket.. Back in India, that is what would happen! I am hearing things are changing slowly.. But when I was in college, it was worst.. If a cop would stop me, I knew I would go home empty handed..

That is why I asked "Lanolin" what country she lived in. I do understand that many countries the police are very corrupt and in that case I would agree with her........and YOU.

I would only say that here in America, there are in fact corrupt policemen however the overall situation IMO is very sound and every PD has its own dept. of detective who investigate any and all claims of wrong doing.

That has to happen because power breeds corruption and complete power corrupts completely with out any accountability.
@Lanolin lives in New Zealand as per her profile info.

What country are you referring to????

This is one of those subjects I love talking about, but at the same time have trouble talking about.

Keep in mind that police work, in its purest form, is just a means to ensure rights are upheld. There are many cops who stand by this principle and do their work with integrity, and there are many cops who have used their titles as a means to act as bullies.

You asked a good question -- whether or not we should be praying for the police.

100% YES. We should be praying for every single soul, no matter how tough or easy their lives are. I am personally very critical of the police system as a whole and think there is a lot of reform that needs to happen, but the reason why I believe very strongly in praying for police officers isn't because I think they're heroes (I'm not sure I do many times), but because I really hope to see them in heaven. I want them to become holy. Jobs like police work or military work CAN many times walk a fine line between defense and abuse, and the last thing we want is for Satan to be able to claim more souls.

Sorry i forgot to mention yes am from nz. i realise ppl here from all different countries. So what may be true for your nation not necessarily true about living in mine. I mean police operate in all differnt countries differently. Eg in china many in authority torture people in prison. Here that would not be allowed. In fact here, I think people in prison get pampered.

There is prison ministry and we ought to be praying for brothers and sisters in prison and other martyrs.

Sorry i forgot to mention yes am from nz. i realise ppl here from all different countries. So what may be true for your nation not necessarily true about living in mine. I mean police operate in all differnt countries differently. Eg in china many in authority torture people in prison. Here that would not be allowed. In fact here, I think people in prison get pampered.

There is prison ministry and we ought to be praying for brothers and sisters in prison and other martyrs.
Yes I agree - prayers to all.

General prayers are good too, but prolly wont be as effective.
I dont know..does anybody have a prayer we can pray for the police?

This is one of those subjects I love talking about, but at the same time have trouble talking about.

Keep in mind that police work, in its purest form, is just a means to ensure rights are upheld. There are many cops who stand by this principle and do their work with integrity, and there are many cops who have used their titles as a means to act as bullies.

You asked a good question -- whether or not we should be praying for the police.

100% YES. We should be praying for every single soul, no matter how tough or easy their lives are. I am personally very critical of the police system as a whole and think there is a lot of reform that needs to happen, but the reason why I believe very strongly in praying for police officers isn't because I think they're heroes (I'm not sure I do many times), but because I really hope to see them in heaven. I want them to become holy. Jobs like police work or military work CAN many times walk a fine line between defense and abuse, and the last thing we want is for Satan to be able to claim more souls.

You are right. I have a son that just retired from the police service after 25 years. What we all need to remember is that the police USELLY, not all the time but most of the time are dealing with the lowest forms of humanity. Drug dealers, users, thief's, liars, murders, prostitutes and the list goes on and on and on. They by association to these elements are always at risk and are exposed to the very worst of society. They are cursed at, spit at, SHOT at and yes KILLED!!!!

Sometimes, when a policeman shows up after YOU have called for help......he has just left the scene of a murder where a man has killed a 2 year old child. Or a man has just cut his dogs head off with a knife. He can not just turn off what he has just seen because it has disgusted him and sometimes that creeps into his personality and he does not seem friendly to us when we call for help.
I am not saying that is right.......just that it is a fact of life and it effects all of us.

I have had the honor of presiding at 2 funerals of slain policemen and I can tell you friends that there is not another job on this planet that is more dangerous than theirs is. What ever the pay is.......it is not enough to put up with the abuse that they have throne at them or the fact that their life is on the line every single moment that they are on duty.

One of the happiest days in my life was when our son called and said dad, guess what................

You are right. I have a son that just retired from the police service after 25 years. What we all need to remember is that the police USELLY, not all the time but most of the time are dealing with the lowest forms of humanity. Drug dealers, users, thief's, liars, murders, prostitutes and the list goes on and on and on. They by association to these elements are always at risk and are exposed to the very worst of society. They are cursed at, spit at, SHOT at and yes KILLED!!!!

Sometimes, when a policeman shows up after YOU have called for help......he has just left the scene of a murder where a man has killed a 2 year old child. Or a man has just cut his dogs head off with a knife. He can not just turn off what he has just seen because it has disgusted him and sometimes that creeps into his personality and he does not seem friendly to us when we call for help.
I am not saying that is right.......just that it is a fact of life and it effects all of us.

I have had the honor of presiding at 2 funerals of slain policemen and I can tell you friends that there is not another job on this planet that is more dangerous than theirs is. What ever the pay is.......it is not enough to put up with the abuse that they have throne at them or the fact that their life is on the line every single moment that they are on duty.

One of the happiest days in my life was when our son called and said dad, guess what................

I think you brought up a good point when you said that police work is the most dangerous job. It's certainly one of the most. In terms of risk of death, I think I remember that fisherman face the greatest risk of dying on the job.

But police work, there is far more vulnerability to their own souls. Whether someone is a big supporter of the police system or a big critic of it, there is no denying that the job allows for open areas of sin. You are absolutely right when you mention the emotional toll that can come with the job. How they respond to it is what will either make them holy or can damn them.

But police work, there is far more vulnerability to their own souls. Whether someone is a big supporter of the police system or a big critic of it, there is no denying that the job allows for open areas of sin. You are absolutely right when you mention the emotional toll that can come with the job. How they respond to it is what will either make them holy or can damn them.

Well phrased! I couldn't agree more.

I have a prayer. Just thought of one now.

Lord, bless those who are persecuted. Set the captives free. We pray for our enemies too and ask you to bless them. May they come to know the truth, in Jesus' name. Amen!

I have a prayer. Just thought of one now.

Lord, bless those who persecute us. Set the captives free. We pray for our enemies too and ask you to bless them. May they come to know the truth, in Jesus' name. Amen!
Just prayed with you.

Back