Original sin (keep friendly)

That's very interesting.
If Adam and Eve didn't sin during their life, how do you think the world would have turned out?

Well first off, the bible would be the shortest book out there and secondly we all would be living in the garden. This planet would be one big garden where all of our needs are met and no evil and no sin and God would come daily and stand before us and "fellowship with us"

Have you ever wondered what that must have been like. I mean God was fire from His loins upward and His loins downward and adam was created in His likeness. When God breathed life into adam and He was filled with the glory of God the angels standing around must have been like, dude who is this man that he should look just like the great I am ?

To fellowship and walk and talk with God every single day WITH OUT INTERUPTIONS FROM THE ENEMY.....Man that's better then an 8 lb LM on a kiddie pole and 2lb test......
Well you asked..... :D

Gen. 3:17 To Adam he said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat from it,’

I have not downplayed anything. I said she ate the fruit. And if providing the Savior from only Eve isn't honoring her, then "honor" doesn't mean what you think it means.

You are subtracting things that are there. I could give you a command like you gave me: Do not ignore the additional sin of Adam (rebellion against God without any excuse), and the fact that the Saviour would only come from Eve and not Adam.

The OP says to keep it friendly. I suggest you refrain from any accusatory tone with those who disagree with you.

Now, now you are to be an example, simmer down......play nice in the sand box......you wont get any point across any one with a tone like this..... ;)
Have a blessed day. P.S I see you two already came to terms.....Awesome !!

That's very interesting.
If Adam and Eve didn't sin during their life, how do you think the world would have turned out?
If Adam and Eve had not sinned, most likely they would have had children that would continue to have fellowship with God in the garden. Adam and Eve would have probably eventually died. If they would not have died, then there would have been no purpose to have the tree of life in their mist. If eternal life could be obtained by not sinning then the tree of life was unnecessary. Remember Adam and Eve walked with God in the garden, but we the Church have something they could not have dreamed of, God now walks inside us, not on the outside.

If Adam and Eve had not sinned, most likely they would have had children that would continue to have fellowship with God in the garden. Adam and Eve would have probably eventually died. If they would not have died, then there would have been no purpose to have the tree of life in their mist. If eternal life could be obtained by not sinning then the tree of life was unnecessary. Remember Adam and Eve walked with God in the garden, but we the Church have something they could not have dreamed of, God now walks inside us, not on the outside.

Yea and we are born into sin, and they did not have that.
I believe Gods plan from the get go was for Adam to continue building the garden until it covered the entire earth.....

According to my understanding, Adam wasn't originally aware of the devil speaking to Eve - she then attracted Adam's attention and deceived him. Perhaps he was looking the other way?

Hmmmm, Genesis 3:6 says.......when the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was With her, and he ate.
Peace be unto you.

Now, now you are to be an example, simmer down......play nice in the sand box......you wont get any point across any one with a tone like this..... ;)
Have a blessed day. P.S I see you two already came to terms.....Awesome !!
Next time, it would be better to read through before commenting, rather than having to add a P.S. And since the two of us had apologized for our tone, maybe now it's your turn. ;)

Next time, it would be better to read through before commenting, rather than having to add a P.S. And since the two of us had apologized for our tone, maybe now it's your turn. ;)

I had no tone. Why does it bother you ? It was written funny like, sounded funny. If it will make you feel better then I am sorry for upsetting you....better? :whistle:

I had no tone. Why does it bother you ? It was written funny like, sounded funny. If it will make you feel better then I am sorry for upsetting you....better? :whistle:
Again, I'm not upset. I was trying to make a point about commenting before having the facts... and I even included the wink smiley to indicate that I too was just writing funny.

K?

Genesis 3:6 (KJV)
And when the woman saw that the tree [was] good for food, and that it [was] pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make [one] wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.​

Genesis 3:6 (ESV)
So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was to be desired to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate, and she also gave some to her husband who was with her, and he ate.​

The way "I" see this scene is Adam is watching it, kinda like avoiding eye contact, peering over his shoulder, and notices that nothing happened to Eve when she touched it, then ate it, so thought "Why not!?" That's how he was deceived. He blamed Eve, but it was was his decision. It wasn't that she brought over 10 pieces of fruit and in it was one from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, but he knew what it was and willfully did it. This is why we're not saved automatically through Jesus' death and resurrection. We must willfully admit that we can do nothing and have faith in Jesus' work through God's grace (a positive word not negative). Just my 2 cents. :D

The devil was one of God's favourites in heaven. We may all be aware that the devil wanted the same or more power/control than God. The devil wasn't happy and was cast out of heaven.
Let's face it, Satan has such cunning that he deceived the two people who should have been most faithful to God.
How did he get Eve to eat the forbidden fruit?
The devil knew how to, he lied (his main weapon) - Eve hadn't heard a lie, so how do you react - she took it as the truth and that God would not know.
Adam fell for the lie Eve told - the question I ask is this?
Should we draw any comparison between the devil and Eve?
She did lie to Adam and trick him...

I like questions that make you think ...did Eve really trick Adam? I would like to refer to Genesis 2:16-17 And the Lord God commanded the man , saying, of every tree of the garden though mayest freely eat 17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it; for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
It's not till verse 22 that woman was made.

So in my opinion both made a deliberate choice to please self and disobey God.

Some thoughts of mine on the topic: http://books.fether.net/index.php?theBook=NIC&theChap=2

2. Eve was created to be the ezer kenegdo to Adam--- a strong ally, a partner, one who comes to another's aid. This was not merely to help out tending the garden, or even to co-rule over nature, but it would be her "seed" and not the man's who would truly come to his aid. Yet few ask why, and fewer still recognize this as God actually honoring Eve. Not for sinning, of course, but for being the victim of "beguiling".

Genesis 2:18-20, 22-23 NLT

Then the lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a HELPER who is just right for him.” So the lord God formed from the ground all the wild animals and all the birds of the sky. He BROUGHT them to the man to see what he would call them, and the man chose a name for each one. He gave names to all the livestock, all the birds of the sky, and all the wild animals. But still there was NO HELPER just right for him. Then the lord God made a woman from the rib, and he BROUGHT her to the man. “At last!” the man exclaimed. “This one is bone from my bone, and flesh from my flesh! She will be called ‘woman,’ because she was taken from ‘man.’”
After God made the animals and brough to Adam, Adam didnt choose any of them to help him out that was why God went further to make eve, if Adam didnt choose eve, God would probably still go further seeking out another form of helper... Also if she were to be a strong ally God would have created another Garden with eve running it and then being called anytime adam needed support. Just my thoughts...

Last edited:
Getting back to original sin through Adam and Eve - sin continues throughout all generations as a spiritual inheritance from the first Adam.
Also Adam (and Eve) never repented. Therefore this unresolved sin of rebellion permeates the human condition.
Rebellion against the truth is humanity's greatest failing... for it produces the sin and wickedness that is so rampant and ubiquitous in our world.
Jesus, who is the truth calls believers to deny their inherited sinful nature and submit to the truth; which shall set you free indeed!

Ezekiel 18:20 The one who sins is the one who will die. The child will not share the guilt of the parent, nor will the parent share the guilt of the child. The righteousness of the righteous will be credited to them, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against them.

Getting back to original sin through Adam and Eve - sin continues throughout all generations as a spiritual inheritance from the first Adam.
Also Adam (and Eve) never repented. Therefore this unresolved sin of rebellion permeates the human condition.
Rebellion against the truth is humanity's greatest failing... for it produces the sin and wickedness that is so rampant and ubiquitous in our world.
Jesus, who is the truth calls believers to deny their inherited sinful nature and submit to the truth; which shall set you free indeed!

12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: 13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law. 14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come. 15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many. 16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.
so much more righteousness and life by Jesus Christ 17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)4 18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.5 6 19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. Romans Chapter 5

Sin entered the world... not sin became physically inheritable.

I once asked someone why, if sin is inherited, the children of Christians aren't born sinless. His most... creative... response was that the soul isn't tainted with the "sin gene" until after conception. You can't make this up.

Again, I'm not upset. I was trying to make a point about commenting before having the facts... and I even included the wink smiley to indicate that I too was just writing funny.

K?
Of course it's ok....Thats why i used the whistling smiley......never was upset for a moment.
Be at peace....He gave it to you....Peace that is.

Back