One important thing in readying yourself for Christ's return

I wonder what you think when you hear about the corruption that is growing in what we have called the church over the years. As teaching seems to be bypassing the simplicity of knowing Jesus and obeying His commands to all kinds of other things making one last marketing attempt in a corrupt world to gain recognition. I now see some even selling themselves like a prostitute for customers or money to keep themselves afloat. It is hard to watch and comprehend how folks are following to their own peril.

We see preachers being afraid to speak out on things we need to hear concerning righteousness and lawlessness. Maybe even your own pastor or leader? And I think it is based on a prevailing fear to lose any congregants having already felt in a little or big way the disruptions due to covid lockdowns and other things overwhelming people at this time that telling them the truth may turn some away.

Even more direct the folks “Christians” who are part of the church, who at times, besides attending church and using God’s name it is becoming harder to tell them apart from those who are living in the world. Lying, cheating, gossiping, lazy, rebellious, taking what they did not earn are among some of things you see in those of us who call on the name of Jesus. I cringe wondering how will folks find Jesus if these are the ambassadors?

I guess that has always been the case but it has been brought more into view for me as I have been seeking out believers who really believe in Jesus and is reflected in their life. Not perfectly mind you, but heading I the same direction that I am. It is God’s Spirit that changes us along the way.

I think it is important to surround yourself with those you can trust. Not that these are the only kind of people that your life should intersect with, but they are the ones who you can gather together with to encourage one another in the Lord in sincerity of heart. If they are betraying Christ through their rebellious behavior how trustworthy are they? I know it is something we all think, but may not say it.

Now, this is a problem if you understand the past and when judgement draws near how many of them will sell you out to save themselves or remove the conviction of the Holy Spirit from among them (that’s you). Thank God, Jesus Saves!

The question I have for you is what are doing to get ready for the coming of Jesus Christ? I made this short video on one thing to keep in mind concerning this, but what do you say?

Sin, when it's as plentiful today as it is, becomes a taboo thing to address from pulpits. The masses don't want to hear about it because the masses are so immersed in it, that it holds them down from getting up out of its gutter. But, when has sin not been plentiful in this world?

The increasing sound of feet beating the dirt to run from righteous preaching of God's word is simply an indicator of the proportions of people who seek after unrighteousness rather than what is good and right.

If all preachers would speak out against the sins in our culture, the people would have no safe haven to get away from it where they will get the ear-tickling they so desire. The unrighteous leaving the assembly is a good thing so that it is better after being purged of those who will not countenance the purity of God's word standing in the place of unrighteousness.

MM

Sin, when it's as plentiful today as it is, becomes a taboo thing to address from pulpits. The masses don't want to hear about it because the masses are so immersed in it, that it holds them down from getting up out of its gutter. But, when has sin not been plentiful in this world?

The increasing sound of feet beating the dirt to run from righteous preaching of God's word is simply an indicator of the proportions of people who seek after unrighteousness rather than what is good and right.

If all preachers would speak out against the sins in our culture, the people would have no safe haven to get away from it where they will get the ear-tickling they so desire. The unrighteous leaving the assembly is a good thing so that it is better after being purged of those who will not countenance the purity of God's word standing in the place of unrighteousness.

MM

Agreed. The preaching of the Word of God always has a purging effect! Those who hear the unapologetic Word of God preached concerning SIN and themselves and then choose to wander away or leave the church NEEDED TO LEAVE THE CHURCH.

That is God's way of seperating those who are saved, and those who are religious.

Matthew 10:34-36 ........
"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35For I have come to turn "'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law- 36a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.'

I wonder what you think when you hear about the corruption that is growing in what we have called the church over the years. As teaching seems to be bypassing the simplicity of knowing Jesus and obeying His commands to all kinds of other things making one last marketing attempt in a corrupt world to gain recognition. I now see some even selling themselves like a prostitute for customers or money to keep themselves afloat. It is hard to watch and comprehend how folks are following to their own peril.

We see preachers being afraid to speak out on things we need to hear concerning righteousness and lawlessness. Maybe even your own pastor or leader? And I think it is based on a prevailing fear to lose any congregants having already felt in a little or big way the disruptions due to covid lockdowns and other things overwhelming people at this time that telling them the truth may turn some away.

Even more direct the folks “Christians” who are part of the church, who at times, besides attending church and using God’s name it is becoming harder to tell them apart from those who are living in the world. Lying, cheating, gossiping, lazy, rebellious, taking what they did not earn are among some of things you see in those of us who call on the name of Jesus. I cringe wondering how will folks find Jesus if these are the ambassadors?

I guess that has always been the case but it has been brought more into view for me as I have been seeking out believers who really believe in Jesus and is reflected in their life. Not perfectly mind you, but heading I the same direction that I am. It is God’s Spirit that changes us along the way.

I think it is important to surround yourself with those you can trust. Not that these are the only kind of people that your life should intersect with, but they are the ones who you can gather together with to encourage one another in the Lord in sincerity of heart. If they are betraying Christ through their rebellious behavior how trustworthy are they? I know it is something we all think, but may not say it.

Now, this is a problem if you understand the past and when judgement draws near how many of them will sell you out to save themselves or remove the conviction of the Holy Spirit from among them (that’s you). Thank God, Jesus Saves!

The question I have for you is what are doing to get ready for the coming of Jesus Christ? I made this short video on one thing to keep in mind concerning this, but what do you say?

Your question was.............
"The question I have for you is what are doing to get ready for the coming of Jesus Christ?"

There is NOTHING you or me can do to be ready. Jesus Christ is coming again, ready or not !!!!!

Accepting Christ as the Messiah and God in the flesh is all that anyone can do.

I would say, we can read the Scriptures so that we can be understanding the times, but that will not change the fact that He is comimg.

We can pray.......but that will not change the day, the or the hour.

We can repent......but that is something you should have done whne you came to Christ.

We can increase our faith....but the only faith that matters is the one in Christ who saves us.

We can pack our bags...........but we will be getting new bodies and a new home so who cares what we have now.

We can make sure we have a living will.......but then we will live for ever so who needs one.

We can say goodbye to our loved ones......but if they are saved we will be with them forever, so why?

We can share our faith with the lost.......That is the one thing we can and should do.

Last edited:
Agreed. The preaching of the Word of God always has a purging effect! Those who hear the unapologetic Word of God preached concerning SIN and themselves and then choose to wander away or leave the church NEEDED TO LEAVE THE CHURCH.

That is God's way of seperating those who are saved, and those who are religious.

Matthew 10:34-36 ........
"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35For I have come to turn "'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law- 36a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.'

There are far too many out there like some we've seen on TV, and saying in their books, "I want you to just feel good about who you are... Love yourself for who you are right now..." That's not a call to repentance. That's not a call to live righteously before the Lord. The followers of such preachers are those who need to prepare themselves.

It isn't easy to call upon the Lord to search me deeply; to see if there be any sin in me.

1 Kings 8:46 If they sin against thee, (for [there is] no man that sinneth not,) and thou be angry with them, and deliver them to the enemy, so that they carry them away captives unto the land of the enemy, far or near;

2 Chronicles 6:36 If they sin against thee, (for [there is] no man which sinneth not,) and thou be angry with them, and deliver them over before [their] enemies, and they carry them away captives unto a land far off or near;

The Lord is the same yesterday, today and forever. Isn't it wonderful that He is so unchanging? For me, it's like constant packing for a trip...constant preparation in weeding out sin, be it ever so subtle that causes that smudge or spec on the glass of my soul that needs cleaning. Being taken out to the wood shed till blood is flowing into my boots...yes, Lord, thank you for loving me enough to do even that so that when you come for us, and when your Eyes look upon me, You will see the finished work of your cleansing upon and in me.

1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Thank you, Lord...

MM

Your question was.............
"The question I have for you is what are doing to get ready for the coming of Jesus Christ?"
There is NOTHING you or me can do to be ready. Jesus Christ is coming again, ready or not !!!!!
Accepting Christ as the Messiah and God in the flesh is all that anyone can do.
I would say, we can read the Scriptures so that we can be understanding the times, but that will not change the fact that He is comimg.
We can pray.......but that will not change the day, the or the hour.

We can repent......but that is something you should have done whne you came to Christ.
We can increase our faith....but the only faith that matters is the one in Christ who saves us.
We can pack our bags...........but we will be getting new bodies and a new home so who cares what we have now.
We can make sure we have a living will.......but then we will live for ever so who needs one.
We can say goodbye to our loved ones......but if they are saved we will be with them forever, so why?

We can share our faith with the lost.......That is the one thing we can and should do.

I'm not 'getting ready', I am ready as I am in the Ark. I can only tell others they had better get in too.

Hello brothers and sisters;

How do I receive the title, One important thing in readying yourself for Christ's return

My problem is we fail to listen or preach the heinous of sin and it seems we apologize for the heinous sinner, "well, they were born that way, or, God made a mistake when He created me, or it's in my genes."

When we are apologetic or avoid loving others by pointing out the sin of humans, how do we help prepare those who don't know Christ, or the believer, to ready themself for Christ's return?

As some of our brothers here at CFS pointed out, "Jesus is coming, ready or not!", or I am ready in the Ark, or "the Lord is the same yesterday, today and forever. Isn't it wonderful that He is so unchanging?"

What more do we need to do, to spell it out? I shudder at the thought of not listening, or not being ready, because Christ is coming!

Shepherd Boy, I agree that we should surround ourselves with serious believers
because with serious believers the trust becomes a benefit.

Be ready so you don’t have to get ready! - quote of a minister unknown

Hello brothers and sisters;

How do I receive the title, One important thing in readying yourself for Christ's return

My problem is we fail to listen or preach the heinous of sin and it seems we apologize for the heinous sinner, "well, they were born that way, or, God made a mistake when He created me, or it's in my genes."

When we are apologetic or avoid loving others by pointing out the sin of humans, how do we help prepare those who don't know Christ, or the believer, to ready themself for Christ's return?

As some of our brothers here at CFS pointed out, "Jesus is coming, ready or not!", or I am ready in the Ark, or "the Lord is the same yesterday, today and forever. Isn't it wonderful that He is so unchanging?"

What more do we need to do, to spell it out? I shudder at the thought of not listening, or not being ready, because Christ is coming!

Shepherd Boy, I agree that we should surround ourselves with serious believers
because with serious believers the trust becomes a benefit.

Be ready so you don’t have to get ready! - quote of a minister unknown

Bob, I may be veering this off course a bit, but I find that trying to communicate a message (the Gospel) to this materialistic and evolutionary drenched culture is like trying to speak Spanish to a native Chinese. The categories (worldviews) are miles apart. It's a miracle in itself that the Gospel does any penetration.

Bob, I may be veering this off course a bit, but I find that trying to communicate a message (the Gospel) to this materialistic and evolutionary drenched culture is like trying to speak Spanish to a native Chinese. The categories (worldviews) are miles apart. It's a miracle in itself that the Gospel does any penetration.

Hey crossnote,

I feel you and I are on target. In your post I have to confess it made me think, I'm one who proclaimed Christ but didn't really take serious the part of getting ready, and allowing the Gospel to penetrate me.

But God is so good, that He got my attention during the worse times of my walk with Him and by His grace I'm still a work in progress.

God bless you, brother.

CN, what's amazing is getting direction from the Lord to touch lives out there who are prepared because they sense the emptiness of that dish the world has handed to them...like handing an empty food dish to a starving child. The world routinely betrays its own citizenry, and that's where we come in, like a life-saving net to catch them before they hit rock bottom. Sometimes they fall past us and hit rock bottom anyway, but at least they will have been touched by us on their way by.

So, what I have found most effective is asking the Lord to lead me to those who will, and help me to avoid those who won't...unless the Lord wants the Gospel shared needlessly (in our estimation) with them so that He may use that to show them at the Judgement how they have no excuses on the basis of never having heard.

Seeing it from His perspective helps me to keep on keeping on.

MM

The Bible tells us how we are to "be ready".. here are just a few verses that come to mind... (very brief & condensed.. the Bible has much scripture on what we are to be doing that is God's will.)

Let your loins be girded about, and [your] lights burning;
[Luk 12:35 KJV]

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. [2Pe 3:9 KJV]

17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth [it] not, to him it is sin. [Jas 4:17 KJV]

15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, [son] of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs. 16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, [son] of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep. 17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, [son] of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
[Jhn 21:15-17 KJV]

8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples. 9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. 10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. 11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and [that] your joy might be full. 12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. ... 17 These things I command you, that ye love one another. [Jhn 15:8-12, 17 KJV]

37 Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly [is] plenteous, but the labourers [are] few; 38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.
[Mat 9:37-38 KJV]

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen.
[Mat 28:19-20 KJV]
----------

46 Blessed [is] that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
[Mat 24:46 KJV]
-----

We are to be found doing His will.

Last edited:
Hey crossnote,

I feel you and I are on target. In your post I have to confess it made me think, I'm one who proclaimed Christ but didn't really take serious the part of getting ready, and allowing the Gospel to penetrate me.

But God is so good, that He got my attention during the worse times of my walk with Him and by His grace I'm still a work in progress.

God bless you, brother.

Have you ever felt like every sermon needed to be about the 2nd Coming?

Have you ever felt like every sermon needed to be about the 2nd Coming?

Hello Major;

That is a great question but first, if I may ask,

Have some of us noticed that the discussions such as your question have more substance these last days?

Its nice to get back into Talking Jesus and allowing us to think, for example, about readying ourselves for Christ's return.

Back to the question. To be honest I never gave much thought about the theme of every sermon being about the 2nd Coming.

I do remember trusting most of the preachers who pray about receiving the Word of God before giving the message. But I will say many of the sermons arrived or included the message of acceptance and being ready for Christ's return.

Hello Major;

Have some of us noticed that the discussions such as your question have more substance these last days?

Its nice to get back into Talking Jesus and allowing us to think, for example, about readying ourselves for Christ's return.

Back to the question. To be honest I never gave much thought about the theme of every sermon being about the 2nd Coming.

I do remember trusting most of the preachers who pray about receiving the Word of God before giving the message. But I will say many of the sermons arrived or included the message of acceptance and being ready for Christ's return.

Way back in the days of Sheffey (sp), the circuit preacher, they hit hard on sin and Hell fire. After all, the second coming was not for their lifetime. Never in the history of the world could something happen in one place on this earth, and all others see it as it's happening! Never before have we seen prophecy at the level of fulfillments as we're seeing it now.

MM

Hello Major;

I think one thing where folks have missed it which I covered in the video that started this thread. But it takes you to the understanding that our justification through Jesus plus zero equals salvation that was our opportunity given to us to be reconciled to God. Unlike the writers of the new testament that encouraged us to remain in Him o many time we avoid the substance in the messages that are preach pointing out those requirements in remaining in Him and the consequences of not doing so.

A good example was a couple sundays ago we touch on faithfulness in hardships in the church message, but mostly spoke about persecution. Now. persecution can be a very real hardship, but I think for most in the USA it is still an abstract thought. But there is much more to hardship for the believer for example, getting up each day if you are still in the workforce and putting in a honoring productive day of work. That sounds easy until you look at your workmates putting far less effort into their work or stealing from the company in many kinds of ways, or people who have found a way not to work and collecting free money (so they think, nothing is free it ends up costing someone or everyone). Putting in that hard day's work can be like a hardship in world where it not valued, but because we are believers we do it honoring the Lord. We don't lie, steal, cheat to cover up our short comings. Even if we are tired, even if it is to our hurt, even when it is not convenient. So there are so many things as Christians like this in which we should behave righteously which makes things hard for us but is the right thing to do. For many years now we have promoted love, but what is love? People are lost in love, To many converts were not told the whole truth and soon they may turn completely from God because they will not understand what is happening to them when there life becomes very hard and are suffering the consequences of sin.

I think when Jesus said, the 2 most important commands loving God with everything and loving your neighbor as yourself or as John reiterates it in 1 John "loving your brother" it is talking about us not sinning. Love is not committing sin because sin is destructive to God's creation. It is damaging to those around us. Do we really love those around us when we practice sin. The other reason I think it is not preached is because we will also be condemning ourselves and leadership is afraid telling the truth may make folks feel uncomfortable and want to leave. But John says, this shouldn't be or the love of the Father is not in us.

The Lord gave me this word a year ago in which really started me making youtubes. It was before the covid came to the USA last year, but as I watch and listen to christian folks I realize they do not know why all of this is coming upon us. We were the constraining force keeping all of what is coming held back, but when too many fall away from the faith and do and live as the world does, by it's principles than who is standing in the way keeping the lawlessness from forth.

Hello Major;

AGreed.

I guess I was asking that .....do you feel like every sermon should be focused on the 2nd Coming of Christ.

Yes......every sermon IMHO should include the fact that if you are not ready today for the 2nd Coming, WHEN do you think you will be ready to do that????

I think one thing where folks have missed it which I covered in the video that started this thread. But it takes you to the understanding that our justification through Jesus plus zero equals salvation that was our opportunity given to us to be reconciled to God. Unlike the writers of the new testament that encouraged us to remain in Him o many time we avoid the substance in the messages that are preach pointing out those requirements in remaining in Him and the consequences of not doing so.

A good example was a couple sundays ago we touch on faithfulness in hardships in the church message, but mostly spoke about persecution. Now. persecution can be a very real hardship, but I think for most in the USA it is still an abstract thought. But there is much more to hardship for the believer for example, getting up each day if you are still in the workforce and putting in a honoring productive day of work. That sounds easy until you look at your workmates putting far less effort into their work or stealing from the company in many kinds of ways, or people who have found a way not to work and collecting free money (so they think, nothing is free it ends up costing someone or everyone). Putting in that hard day's work can be like a hardship in world where it not valued, but because we are believers we do it honoring the Lord. We don't lie, steal, cheat to cover up our short comings. Even if we are tired, even if it is to our hurt, even when it is not convenient. So there are so many things as Christians like this in which we should behave righteously which makes things hard for us but is the right thing to do. For many years now we have promoted love, but what is love? People are lost in love, To many converts were not told the whole truth and soon they may turn completely from God because they will not understand what is happening to them when there life becomes very hard and are suffering the consequences of sin.

I think when Jesus said, the 2 most important commands loving God with everything and loving your neighbor as yourself or as John reiterates it in 1 John "loving your brother" it is talking about us not sinning. Love is not committing sin because sin is destructive to God's creation. It is damaging to those around us. Do we really love those around us when we practice sin. The other reason I think it is not preached is because we will also be condemning ourselves and leadership is afraid telling the truth may make folks feel uncomfortable and want to leave. But John says, this shouldn't be or the love of the Father is not in us.

The Lord gave me this word a year ago in which really started me making youtubes. It was before the covid came to the USA last year, but as I watch and listen to christian folks I realize they do not know why all of this is coming upon us. We were the constraining force keeping all of what is coming held back, but when too many fall away from the faith and do and live as the world does, by it's principles than who is standing in the way keeping the lawlessness from forth.

Agreed.

Most...and I mean most church going people are happy to attend church on Sunday, go get lunch and start the week all over agin with out any idea of what is going on around them.

For instance......the Revelation says that a 200 million man army will walk walk across the DRY Euphrates River bed.

How many people do you think realize that China has a 200 million man Army TODAY????

How many people do you think know that the nation of Turkey has built 5 dams on the Euphrates River and can stop the flow of water with the push of just one button?????

Way back in the days of Sheffey (sp), the circuit preacher, they hit hard on sin and Hell fire. After all, the second coming was not for their lifetime. Never in the history of the world could something happen in one place on this earth, and all others see it as it's happening! Never before have we seen prophecy at the level of fulfillments as we're seeing it now.

MM

Agree!

Can you imagine the fire that would have come from Billy Sunday and and all the other preachers who did not see May 14th 1948?????

SB, what do you say about the oil for the virgin's lamps? What was that oil? Some say it represented Holy Spirit, but I can't accept that because one can't buy Holy Spirit as the five foolish virgins were told to do.

What do you say?

MM

That's an excellent question. Like you I have heard many people equate that to the Spirit. But if you think about. like you have you realize that it wasn't about the oil representing the Holy Spirit but about preparedness. 5 of those women had been living a different life that brought them to a place of being prepared. So they must of sought out more than just doing the minimum in life. In the case of walking with the Lord the wise virgins must of sought to know what was pleasing to God. Their life was used to receive from the Spirit instruction by looking for the right people to receive instruction from, the practice of righteousness instead of lawlessness. They learned from all the things that encompassed living a life that is pleasing to God and might I say, "by faith".

The foolish ones took life for granted most likely muddled in sin, rebellious towards God and those he sent to instructed them. They all were dressed for the occasion and appeared to be ready from the outside, but the occasion showed them to be lacking. The fact the 5 foolish virgins were told to go back and buy some oil for themselves is part of the metaphor that doomed these women because what they needed to know is not bought but caught. The things you need to know to be prepared is understood when you choose to live your life right in a corrupted world to the best of your understanding in knowing God. And when you do the wisdom and knowledge of God will be open to you. They were not ready and would never be ready indicated by the fact they were shut out, the serious part of this is the idea is you may be shut out of eternity with Christ Jesus. I made a video year ago called the day reckoning a word from the Lord to those like the foolish virgins that the time has come and God is calling humanity to account. In fact I address this parable in the first 5 min.

Back