OCCULTISM---What Is It????

I am well aware of the meaning of Occultism.... 1. Yes 2. No 3. I do not care one way or the othe

• 2. NO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3. I do not care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hi! I just wanted to say that it is very important to talk about occultism especially during such crazy times and make people aware of the danger because…

And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.

2 Corinthians 11:14 NIV

…and I'm very thankful for this thread which is full of great information.

Be blessed! 🕊️

Hi! I just wanted to say that it is very important to talk about occultism especially during such crazy times and make people aware of the danger because…

And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.
2 Corinthians 11:14 NIV

…and I'm very thankful for this thread which is full of great information.

Be blessed! 🕊️

Thanks! I am glad it is a blessing to you.

Hosea 4:6..........
"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children."

IMHO.....we can not read the Scriptures given to us about Occultism and then act like we know more than God knows.

Deut. 14:9 .........."There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch. Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer."

Quite a bit. I was once in the "Blue Lodge". Once being about 50 years ago. I was thinking about doing a thread. What do you think?
there is lots to the masonic lodge my dad was in it things about the masons i know that says i dont want in it .. none of my family is in it. back then he kept it separate didnt use it as religion to join you have to believe in a god . i know a preacher who preached against it in first church he was pastor of, the deacon was a mason lets say it didnt go well

there is lots to the masonic lodge my dad was in it things about the masons i know that says i dont want in it .. none of my family is in it. back then he kept it separate didnt use it as religion to join you have to believe in a god . i know a preacher who preached against it in first church he was pastor of, the deacon was a mason lets say it didnt go well

Just posted a thread on the Freemasons.

Give me your thoughts after reading it. Notice some of the "Preachers".

Dear brothers and sisters;

I appreciate all the good information in this topic from everyone. I have been tempted enough in my life that a little taste or flirtation with Occultism can't hurt. This is where the deception lies and God knows when He had to pull me out, and back to Him.

It's by His Great Love and Protection that as Christians we all have been given the opportunity to continue growing in wisdom, guard and knowledge. The evil one doesn't have a "limited" but "unlimited" amount of dark ism's, so we must be equipped and on guard at all times.

God bless you all and your families.

Just posted a thread on the Freemasons.

Give me your thoughts after reading it. Notice some of the "Preachers".
my thoughts i can only scratch the surface allegedly the white skin apron place on the deceased in the casket protects from the white throne judgment * allegedly i dont know %100 .

i have forgotten many things over the years the inhiation into the Lodge one it takes all white marbles to get in. but the inhiation they blindfold you ask you to reveal the secrets of the Lodge ( formalism on that part )

they then push or have you fall backwards while they catch you. and the worshipful master pulls you out of the symbolic grave /resurrected . that i know for a fact i asked former members. the term so mote it be is used in the Lodge . there is a book of secret writings you have to learn .

my understanding the higher up you go Shriners/ i think Scottish rights ? the more in-depth it goes.. i do know there are masons scattered through out many of the baptist

the lodge could be good of they left the word god out.. to many feel a mason makes you a Christian.

myself i dont need it .. do i think it will send one to hell iff your a Christian and belong? NO my dad and others was in it but they only treated it as type org/club. did they fully understand every thing? i dont know .

i do know a preacher who will tell you it could send you to hell. i think its best a Christian stay away from it

that is my 2 cents

my thoughts i can only scratch the surface allegedly the white skin apron place on the deceased in the casket protects from the white throne judgment * allegedly i dont know %100 .

i have forgotten many things over the years the inhiation into the Lodge one it takes all white marbles to get in. but the inhiation they blindfold you ask you to reveal the secrets of the Lodge ( formalism on that part )

they then push or have you fall backwards while they catch you. and the worshipful master pulls you out of the symbolic grave /resurrected . that i know for a fact i asked former members. the term so mote it be is used in the Lodge . there is a book of secret writings you have to learn .

my understanding the higher up you go Shriners/ i think Scottish rights ? the more in-depth it goes.. i do know there are masons scattered through out many of the baptist

the lodge could be good of they left the word god out.. to many feel a mason makes you a Christian.

myself i dont need it .. do i think it will send one to hell iff your a Christian and belong? NO my dad and others was in it but they only treated it as type org/club. did they fully understand every thing? i dont know .

i do know a preacher who will tell you it could send you to hell. i think its best a Christian stay away from it

that is my 2 cents

Any "religion" can send a man to hell. It is the best weapon that Satan has!!!

Any "religion" can send a man to hell. It is the best weapon that Satan has!!!
i see peoples jaw drop when i say i am not religious . several years a go i went in for a med checkup as a out patient . the one question asked what religion are you? my reply forgiven.. the clerk said Christian i said yes.. thus is the reason i said my dad and others never leaned on the lodge as any type religion . in the generation of today i cant say that..

i see peoples jaw drop when i say i am not religious . several years a go i went in for a med checkup as a out patient . the one question asked what religion are you? my reply forgiven.. the clerk said Christian i said yes.. thus is the reason i said my dad and others never leaned on the lodge as any type religion . in the generation of today i cant say that..

You are correct F61. Christianity is not a religion............IT IS A PERSON!

Deuteronomy 18:10-11
"Let no one be found among you who sacrifices their son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, 11 or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead."

The word Occult comes from the Latin word "occultus" meaning "hidden, secret or concealed".

The OCCULT includes a wide range of beliefs and religious practices involving natural and supernatural forces available only to people with special knowledge or power. OCCULT should not be confused with the word "CULT". A "CULT" is an organization which claims to be Christian but deny's Bible doctrine.

There are FOUR (4) primary categories of the OCCULT and they are....
1. Divination = The practice of seeking knowledge of the future or the unknown by supernatural means.
2. Witchcraft = A religious practice involving magic and affinity with nature, within a pagan tradition.
3. Spiritism = The belief that the spirits of dead humans survive the death of the physical body and that they can and do communicate with the living.
4. Satanism = The worship of Satan, typically involving a travesty of Christian symbols and practices, such as placing a cross upside down.

Often, these categories blend together in certain practices. For example, "divination is a central practice in "witchcraft" and "spiritism".

Some of the things WE do that are rooted in the Occult are
1. Belief in the Island of Atlantis.
2. Belief in UFO'S
3. Belief in Ghosts.
4. Belief in Astrology - Horoscope.
5. Carrying a rabbit's foot for good luck.
6. Saying "God bless you" when someone sneezes.

So...1st of all, allow me to speak to you about "DIVINATION"!

This is also known as "Fortune-telling" and is the most popular of all Occult practices. It is the act of forecasting the future, supposedly by supernatural means and includes astrology, palmistry, Crystall balls and Tarot Cards.

The Ouija Boards are also included and also reading the body parts of animals such as the heart and liver and the casting of bones.
Interesting. I agree with everything except saying God bless you and UFOs. I do believe UFOs exist, I just don't think aliens are behind them. And saying God bless you, how can that be of the occult? :)

Interesting. I agree with everything except saying God bless you and UFOs. I do believe UFOs exist, I just don't think aliens are behind them. And saying God bless you, how can that be of the occult? :)

Glad someone asked!!!

The term.........."God bless you" comes from the 1st century and is rooted in "superstition"! It originated withe the Druids and was their belief that a sneeze is the body trying to rid itself of evil spirits. THEY thought that the heart stops beating when a person sneezes, or the fear that a sneeze somehow opens the body to evil spirits. In these cases, saying, “God bless you,” was a kind of protection or good luck charm that shielded the sneezer from being invaded by spirits or affected by evil.

As believers in Christ, we do not believe in LUCK but in the providential care of God.

Fact:
During the Black Plague that occurred in Italy in AD 590, sneezing was thought to be, a sign that someone was getting sick with the plague. There is a legend that Pope Gregory I commanded that, any time a sneeze was heard, the sneezer was to be blessed by saying, “God bless you,” (and making the sign of the cross over his mouth) as protection against the plague. Could that have been the origination of "makeing the sign of the cross"????

Again, there is no biblical validity to such superstition. At the same time, there is no biblical reason to believe it is sinful to bless someone after a sneeze—just adding to your information.

UFO's...........That another proposition.

Personally....I have NO clue but my opinion is NO there are NO UFO's. I say that because I am old enough to remember that NO ONE mentioned UFO"S until TV and movies and Sci-Fi writers became to tell us that there were those things.

FACT:
To date there is no nut, bolt, spaceship, carcass, or transmission to provide any proof that ETI exists.!!!!

FACT:
“Project Blue Book.” The project, headquartered at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio, was terminated on 17 December 1969. Of the 12,618 sightings reported, 11,917 (94 percent) were solved. The conclusions of the study were:

(1) no UFO reported, investigated, and evaluated by the Air Force was ever a threat to our national security;
(2) there was no evidence submitted to, or discovered by, the USAF that sightings categorized as “unidentified” represented technological developments or principles beyond the range of modern scientific knowledge; and
(3) there was no evidence indicating that sightings categorized as “unidentified” were extraterrestrial vehicles.

FACT:
ROSWELL N.M is proof!!!
No doubt, something did crash in Roswell, New Mexico, in the summer of 1947. A little investigative work, however, reveals that although there was a crash and a military cover-up, this does not prove extraterrestrial involvement. Today, we know that the “crash” was actually the debris of a downed balloon for a top-secret military project referred to as “Project Mogul” from nearby White Sands, New Mexico. It was a pre-U-2 attempt to spy on Soviet Russia to ascertain their nuclear capabilities. This prompted the initial controversy and suspicion since the Air Force couldn’t reveal the details of the incident at the time and consequently reported that it was just the debris of a “weather balloon,” and nothing more.

FACT:
The Bible does not refer to intelligent life on other planets. The focus of the Bible, instead, is on humanity’s need for redemption. When Jesus commissioned the disciples to preach the good news, He directed them to spread the gospel to the “uttermost parts of the earth” (emphasis added), not to the uttermost regions of the galaxy or universe (see Acts 1:8). One doesn’t have to read between the lines to understand that God has a great interest in people on earth, whereas we have no specific revelation demonstrating God’s interest in intelligent life outside of Earth.

Since you broght it up, allow me say that Due to the paranormal attributes of many UFO encounters, it can be logically argued that some supernaturally devious activity exists within the UFO phenomenon. Just take a minute and THINK about..................

Evil Encounters. Speaking generally, UFO abduction encounters are not pleasant and wholesome experiences. For the most part, they are nightmarish events that often plague victims for years, if not for the rest of their lives. These abduction encounters are obviously not the work of benign and benevolent “space brothers.”

False Prophets. The aliens consistently proclaim a different gospel. The religion of these beings is typically a version of Eastern mysticism or New Age philosophy, which is, in actuality, very old — so old, that it goes back to the Garden of Eden with the temptation to “be like God” (Gen. 3:5). Paul warned the church in Galatia to beware of false teachings regardless of how impressive the source might be. “But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!” (Gal. 1: 8).

There have been numerous reports of contact with aliens, and yet none thus far has acknowledged Jesus Christ as the Son of God.
(If you know of any, please write and let me know about it.) They always sanction various Eastern and New Age groups instead as their official spokespersons. A significant percentage of all alleged contactees have admitted to being involved in some form of occult beliefs or practices. It is therefore reasonable to presume that in some cases a spiritual dimension is within the UFO phenomenon, and it is obviously outside the presence, activity, and authority of the Holy Spirit.

The term.........."God bless you" comes from the 1st century and is rooted in "superstition"! It originated withe the Druids and was their belief that a sneeze is the body trying to rid itself of evil spirits. THEY thought that the heart stops beating when a person sneezes, or the fear that a sneeze somehow opens the body to evil spirits. In these cases, saying, “God bless you,” was a kind of protection or good luck charm that shielded the sneezer from being invaded by spirits or affected by evil.

As believers in Christ, we do not believe in LUCK but in the providential care of God.
i agree and have known where the term come from. how ever .to say God bless ya when someone sneezes hurts nothing. provided your not saying it as superstitious term . i dont know as if i say it when a person sneezes but i have had it said to me. . i know of Christins who will not play cards.. i have no issue with it provided its not for money

i agree and have known where the term come from. how ever .to say God bless ya when someone sneezes hurts nothing. provided your not saying it as superstitious term . i dont know as if i say it when a person sneezes but i have had it said to me. . i know of Christins who will not play cards.. i have no issue with it provided its not for money

Now you may be perfectly correct. However, if you use the phrase od "God bless you" on a non-believer, aren't you taking the Lords name in vain??? Just something to think about!

My mother until the day the died thought that a pool table was the devils tool. You see, she saw them in beer halls and bars and associated one with the other. When I bought a pool table for my kids, I thought she would have a heart attack.

if you use the phrase od "God bless you" on a non-believer, aren't you taking the Lords name in vain???
since when? i respect your generation you guys paved the way for a lot of things we have today. but honestly saying God Bless you to a non believer taking the Lord name in vain? i fear that comes from something handed down through the years . much like your mom and pool tables , its all in the way its used i have buddy that is independent fundamentalist Baptist.. his church was having camp meeting so we went and visited a night of service .

a younger man preached on the sounds of warning of the trumpet . he went on in his opening remarks he loved orchestra named off the various sections of instruments . he got down to precession/ drums. he loved them to BUT we cant have those unGodly drums in our Church ? yet we allow guitar piano playing.. what makes the drums un Godly? personally i can take drums not being in service. but its not out of conviction..

so i respectfully disagree with God Bless to a lost man.. sometimes i end a message saying God bless you is my prayer . yes lost people are there . its easy to get religious with rules imo ladies wear dresses at all times. some men only wear long sleeves . some dont allow a beard.

since when? i respect your generation you guys paved the way for a lot of things we have today. but honestly saying God Bless you to a non believer taking the Lord name in vain? i fear that comes from something handed down through the years . much like your mom and pool tables , its all in the way its used i have buddy that is independent fundamentalist Baptist.. his church was having camp meeting so we went and visited a night of service .

a younger man preached on the sounds of warning of the trumpet . he went on in his opening remarks he loved orchestra named off the various sections of instruments . he got down to precession/ drums. he loved them to BUT we cant have those unGodly drums in our Church ? yet we allow guitar piano playing.. what makes the drums un Godly? personally i can take drums not being in service. but its not out of conviction..

so i respectfully disagree with God Bless to a lost man.. sometimes i end a message saying God bless you is my prayer . yes lost people are there . its easy to get religious with rules imo ladies wear dresses at all times. some men only wear long sleeves . some dont allow a beard.
No brother, I do not agree. It has nothing to do with my generation and you are welcome to disagree with me but you are giving your opinion.

Now please understand I am not the authority and I do not post doctrines. I only teach what the Bible literaly says!.

What I said is NOT handed down but is from Bible study and conviction from the Holy Spirit.
Lets read what God says, shall we.......Exodus 20:7

"Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain."

Now, What does the word VAIN mean = It means a preoccupation with self or means that something is worthless. The word misuse means to misappropriate something by using it for an unintended purpose.

“Vain” means useless, worthless, and having no value.” So, the person that uses God’s name in vain is saying that God is useless, worthless, and has no value in their life to a lost man is actually saying that God means nothing to them!

So then...... "Casually and repeatly" saying, “Oh my God,” or "God bless you" is then a clear lack of importance in God’s name and that my brother = VAIN!

Matthew 12:36-37, says, ......
“But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give an account thereof in the day of judgment.”

Now you or anyone else is welcome to disagree with me. All I ask you to do is pray about what you are disagreeing with, read the Scriptures and allow the Holy Spirit to lead you in discernment, and realize this very important fact........YOU are not disagreeing with ME. All I do is repeat what God said!

"Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain."

Now, What does the word VAIN mean = It means a preoccupation with self or means that something is worthless. The word misuse means to misappropriate something by using it for an unintended purpose.

“Vain” means useless, worthless, and having no value.” So, the person that uses God’s name in vain is saying that God is useless, worthless, and has no value in their life to a lost man is actually saying that God means nothing to them!

So then...... "Casually and repeatly" saying, “Oh my God,” or "God bless you" is then a clear lack of importance in God’s name and that my brother = VAIN!

Matthew 12:36-37, says, ......
“But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give an account thereof in the day of judgment.”

Now you or anyone else is welcome to disagree with me. All I ask you to do is pray about what you are disagreeing with, read the Scriptures and allow the Holy Spirit to lead you in discernment, and realize this very important fact........YOU are not disagreeing with ME. All I do is repeat what God said!
yes we are disagreeing saying God bless to a lost person is in no manner taking the Lords name in vain. i agree with definition and scripture. .but not interpterion , i do not say omg loosely as i stated at the end of a message in times past i have said God bless you is my prayer yes lost folks was sitting in the pew/ . i don't know as if i have ever said bless you to someone sneezing.

yes we are disagreeing saying God bless to a lost person is in no manner taking the Lords name in vain. i agree with definition and scripture. .but not interpterion , i do not say omg loosely as i stated at the end of a message in times past i have said God bless you is my prayer yes lost folks was sitting in the pew/ . i don't know as if i have ever said bless you to someone sneezing.
There is not a thing I can do for you brother and we will stand in disagreement.
Happy New Year brother.

There is not a thing I can do for you brother
its all good i didnt ask you do anything. i dont find saying Bless you or God bless you as a bad thing. scripture does not say that.. using God with the word God g*** huge no no and using the term omg in wrong manner not Good either way its all Good

Glad someone asked!!!

Fact:
During the Black Plague that occurred in Italy in AD 590, sneezing was thought to be, a sign that someone was getting sick with the plague. There is a legend that Pope Gregory I commanded that, any time a sneeze was heard, the sneezer was to be blessed by saying, “God bless you,” (and making the sign of the cross over his mouth) as protection against the plague. Could that have been the origination of "makeing the sign of the cross"????

Again, there is no biblical validity to such superstition. At the same time, there is no biblical reason to believe it is sinful to bless someone after a sneeze—just adding to your information.

UFO's...........That another proposition.

Personally....I have NO clue but my opinion is NO there are NO UFO's. I say that because I am old enough to remember that NO ONE mentioned UFO"S until TV and movies and Sci-Fi writers became to tell us that there were those things.

FACT:
To date there is no nut, bolt, spaceship, carcass, or transmission to provide any proof that ETI exists.!!!!

FACT:
“Project Blue Book.” The project, headquartered at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio, was terminated on 17 December 1969. Of the 12,618 sightings reported, 11,917 (94 percent) were solved. The conclusions of the study were:

(1) no UFO reported, investigated, and evaluated by the Air Force was ever a threat to our national security;
(2) there was no evidence submitted to, or discovered by, the USAF that sightings categorized as “unidentified” represented technological developments or principles beyond the range of modern scientific knowledge; and
(3) there was no evidence indicating that sightings categorized as “unidentified” were extraterrestrial vehicles.

FACT:
ROSWELL N.M is proof!!!
No doubt, something did crash in Roswell, New Mexico, in the summer of 1947. A little investigative work, however, reveals that although there was a crash and a military cover-up, this does not prove extraterrestrial involvement. Today, we know that the “crash” was actually the debris of a downed balloon for a top-secret military project referred to as “Project Mogul” from nearby White Sands, New Mexico. It was a pre-U-2 attempt to spy on Soviet Russia to ascertain their nuclear capabilities. This prompted the initial controversy and suspicion since the Air Force couldn’t reveal the details of the incident at the time and consequently reported that it was just the debris of a “weather balloon,” and nothing more.

FACT:
The Bible does not refer to intelligent life on other planets. The focus of the Bible, instead, is on humanity’s need for redemption. When Jesus commissioned the disciples to preach the good news, He directed them to spread the gospel to the “uttermost parts of the earth” (emphasis added), not to the uttermost regions of the galaxy or universe (see Acts 1:8). One doesn’t have to read between the lines to understand that God has a great interest in people on earth, whereas we have no specific revelation demonstrating God’s interest in intelligent life outside of Earth.

Since you broght it up, allow me say that Due to the paranormal attributes of many UFO encounters, it can be logically argued that some supernaturally devious activity exists within the UFO phenomenon. Just take a minute and THINK about..................

Evil Encounters. Speaking generally, UFO abduction encounters are not pleasant and wholesome experiences. For the most part, they are nightmarish events that often plague victims for years, if not for the rest of their lives. These abduction encounters are obviously not the work of benign and benevolent “space brothers.”

False Prophets. The aliens consistently proclaim a different gospel. The religion of these beings is typically a version of Eastern mysticism or New Age philosophy, which is, in actuality, very old — so old, that it goes back to the Garden of Eden with the temptation to “be like God” (Gen. 3:5). Paul warned the church in Galatia to beware of false teachings regardless of how impressive the source might be. “But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!” (Gal. 1: 8).

There have been numerous reports of contact with aliens, and yet none thus far has acknowledged Jesus Christ as the Son of God.
(If you know of any, please write and let me know about it.) They always sanction various Eastern and New Age groups instead as their official spokespersons. A significant percentage of all alleged contactees have admitted to being involved in some form of occult beliefs or practices. It is therefore reasonable to presume that in some cases a spiritual dimension is within the UFO phenomenon, and it is obviously outside the presence, activity, and authority of the Holy Spirit.
Interesting post. I think it's harmless to say God bless you, because in this day and age I'm just glad someone is acknowledging God. LOL

Also as for aliens, I do believe they are supernatural beings connected to the devil and it's angels. And alien abductions, if they are real, sounds a whole lot like how the fallen angels mated with human women in Genesis and made half breeds called the Nephilim. Especially when people claim the aliens did reproductive experiments on them. For all we know, if aliens ARE real, they could be more of those half breed offspring, but they just may look different from the Nephilim. Like a different race of halfbreeds.
But no one knows for sure if they existy. But I do think SOMETHING is going on. Because I know there have been a lot of nut cases and crack pots claiming alien abduction and sightings, but there have been some legitimate sounding cases too, like the Barney and Betty case that they made a movie of and A Fire In The Sky movie, or the case where the 62 African school children all said they saw a UFO with a being outside of it. So there are some legitimate sounding cases that do make me wonder.
:)

Back